These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Senate Subcommittee claims "Culture of Secrecy at the Black Eagles"

Author
Noden Vorpalstar
The Knights of Polaris
#81 - 2014-03-20 16:04:17 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
You, James, and Noden are all supporting the notion that there are sacrifices to be made. You are in favor of giving away freedom for security.

I find that to be a completely bold and mistaken conclusion you’ve made there. None of us ever advocated for giving away freedom. It should be clear however that the assurance of freedom demands security by necessity.

Public Channel:  Polaris-Public Roleplaying Channel:  Gallente Lounge

Muck Raker
Gutter Press
#82 - 2014-03-20 17:41:54 UTC
Noden Vorpalstar wrote:
If a Senate subcommittee investigation into the value of budget programs, paid for with Federal tax money exists, why is it only being reported on by one news agency?

Few news organisations generally report on publications by the Senate Subcommittee for Budgetary Responsibility of Office Supply Purchases.

The fact remains, that the Black Eagles are responsible to nobody in the Senate, save for Senator Blaque, who is the supposed head of the agency. And that should concern everyone. As should the fact that there is no published information about how much the SDII are spending on office supplies.

Rumours, Wars, Rumours of Wars, Wars of Rumours!

Jennifer Maxwell
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#83 - 2014-03-21 02:16:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Jennifer Maxwell
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Jennifer Maxwell wrote:

Naturally it could have been fake. It's not unknown to plant false leads like that in ships computers as a contingency that, if they do somehow fall into enemy hands, then the supposed "information leak" could work to a benefit. But as an author to a few of those types of tactics, this didn't seem like one.

You have to wonder Ms. Maxwell, what would the Black Eagles have to gain from vilifying themselves? Such information could only work against them. Even if they say "Oh! That was just a false lead obviously!" nobody with a mind would believe it. Especially if this leak came from a credible source.

Same goes for these alleged defectors telling their grim stories. They are trying to keep their identities very secret. Wouldn't someone trying to fabricate a story for fame and fortune make themselves very well known? People need to ask why someone would do something when trying to determine if someone would do something.

That said, it worries me that people in the State are more likely to share my concerns about the Black Eagles than my own fellow Gallente. It sort of shows how far we have fallen from what the Federation stands for.

Well, there's a lot of uses that lying about one's operations can have.

That's the thing though. It was found by Caldari Navy intelligence personnel on the border of a warzone with the Republic. Even had we released it, that right there is reason for many Gallentien agencies to outright dismiss it as false.

On top of that, since general Gallente citizens don't know a whit about how the Black Eagles operate, they can distance themselves from it easily. Who's to say it's not a Caldari trick, you know? Misinformation designed to sow distrust about a them through Federation and Republic citizens?

And to be honest, I only share your concern because it's my concern too. I'm open game for the Black Eagle assassination or abduction, and so to is my significant other. I could truthfully care less what they do to their own citizens; that's Federation business. I'm just telling you a story of what I found, and my own opinions on it.

Let's be frank, Caldari intelligence agencies do the same things; though my office did not target very many Amarr corporations and citizens within our own boarders nor within Amarr's domain, and I don't recall any operations against any Khanid assets at all. Operations against other megacorps did of course happen. But never for seemingly no reason, as some of the reports from the FIO Throax seemed to tell.
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2014-03-21 02:24:22 UTC
I feel continuing the conversation in it's current state will only form ill will between us. I do apologize for acting rude during some parts of this discussion. In closing, all I ask of my fellow Gallentean comrades is one thing, please stay vigilant. Watch current events closely. Be skeptical about what the news and the government is telling you. Think about all the possibilities, both good and bad.

You don't need to start digging a bunker in your backyard, just please keep your eyes open for something that will make you want to.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

TomHorn
Horn Brigade
#85 - 2014-03-21 02:57:19 UTC
Noden Vorpalstar wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
You, James, and Noden are all supporting the notion that there are sacrifices to be made. You are in favor of giving away freedom for security.

I find that to be a completely bold and mistaken conclusion you’ve made there. None of us ever advocated for giving away freedom. It should be clear however that the assurance of freedom demands security by necessity.

You can never be totaly secure. Giving organisation like the Black Eagles free reign, is the start of giving up your freedom , for a little temporary security. After the next security breach you give up more freedom, for little more temporary security and then more, and then you have no freedom Noden.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#86 - 2014-03-21 11:43:27 UTC
I find it rather hilarious that a Caldari man who isn't even very good at being Caldari is honestly trying to lecture Gallenteans on how to be Gallentean.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Noden Vorpalstar
The Knights of Polaris
#87 - 2014-03-21 12:09:16 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
I find it rather hilarious that a Caldari man who isn't even very good at being Caldari is honestly trying to lecture Gallenteans on how to be Gallentean.

With the lip service he pays to freedoms cause, I could almost believe were he to renounce his ties to the more extremist Caldari elements and work to improve his standings with the Federation, then he would make a fine Federation citizen.

...almost...

Public Channel:  Polaris-Public Roleplaying Channel:  Gallente Lounge

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#88 - 2014-03-21 19:51:46 UTC
Noden Vorpalstar wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:

With the lip service he pays to freedoms cause, I could almost believe were he to renounce his ties to the more extremist Caldari elements and work to improve his standings with the Federation, then he would make a fine Federation citizen.

...almost...

I don't really care how you will be gallenteans or federals, while you keep you dirty greedy hands out of our planets, our culture, our history and our beliefs.

But while you will be putting your ugly noses into our affairs, and bring us your disgusting "freedoms" and "democracies", we will be cutting off you worthless heads.

Have a nice day!

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#89 - 2014-03-21 20:14:19 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Noden Vorpalstar wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:

...almost...

I don't really care how you will be gallenteans or federals, while you keep you dirty greedy hands out of our planets, our culture, our history and our beliefs.

But while you will be putting your ugly noses into our affairs, and bring us your disgusting "freedoms" and "democracies", we will be cutting off you worthless heads.

Have a nice day!

I find myself wondering if you spend half as much time "cutting our worthless heads off" as you do crying in the IGS....

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

TomHorn
Horn Brigade
#90 - 2014-03-22 02:58:55 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:

You Gallente's enjoy telling everyone else how they should behave. I thought id lecture you for change Andreus. Hope you enjoyed the lesson.

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#91 - 2014-03-22 03:11:48 UTC
TomHorn wrote:

You Gallente's enjoy telling everyone else how they should behave.

We do? Straight I always thought that trait was shared by everyone with a political agenda that accessed the IGS forums.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Saya Ishikari
Ishukone-Raata Technological Research Institute
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#92 - 2014-03-22 04:32:45 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
TomHorn wrote:

You Gallente's enjoy telling everyone else how they should behave.

We do? Straight I always thought that trait was shared by everyone with a political agenda that accessed the IGS forums.

So is a vast narcissistic streak by the majority who insists only they are correct. It's your classic pot-kettle scenario.

"At the end of it all, we have only what we've left in our wake to be remembered by." -Kyoko Ishikari, YC 95 - YC 117