These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ganking is PVP

First post
Author
412nv Yaken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#161 - 2014-03-14 06:50:59 UTC
Kyperion wrote:

hokay 'champion' killer

Just champion of highsec is fine, no need to add the killer part!

A True Champion of High Security Space

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#162 - 2014-03-14 06:56:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Danalee
Kyperion wrote:
The Permit Fee is a scam, the only targets they can ever hope to go after are new eve players... therefore the whole post is referencing scamming and targeting of the newest members of our community

Gaining funds - for the betterment of EVE in general and Hisec in particular - by racketeering the habitants of said game/space is NOT SCAMMING.

10 million fee per year... OH NOES, HOWEVER WILL WE NEWBIES BE ABLE TO FIT OUR MINING WINDICATORS WITH OFFICER MINING LAZORS NAW?!

D.

Bear

↓↓ Except for the words in all caps, no sarcasm is present in this post.

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Asia Leigh
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#163 - 2014-03-14 07:06:54 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Kyperion wrote:
The Permit Fee is a scam, the only targets they can ever hope to go after are new eve players... therefore the whole post is referencing scamming and targeting of the newest members of our community

Gaining funds - for the betterment of EVE in general and Hisec in particular - by racketeering the habitants of said game/space is NOT SCAMMING.

10 million fee per year... OH NOES, HOWEVER WILL WE NEWBIES BE ABLE TO FIT OUR MINING WINDICATORS WITH OFFICER MINING LAZORS NAW?!

D.

Bear

Sorry, If someone did something this stupid, they get ganked anyways... Permit or no permit... People on this level of stupidity need to learn the hard way. (By the way, yes I know the above post is mostly sarcasm, but I still see the occasional untanked mach's with faction strip miners...)
Apply the damn rules equally >.>
Froggy Storm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#164 - 2014-03-14 07:26:30 UTC
Asia Leigh wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

D.

Bear

Sorry, If someone did something this stupid, they get ganked anyways... Permit or no permit... People on this level of stupidity need to learn the hard way. (By the way, yes I know the above post is mostly sarcasm, but I still see the occasional untanked mach's with faction strip miners...)

Been a long time since I fit up a mining ship, but aren't strip miners barg/Exhumer only?
Asia Leigh
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#165 - 2014-03-14 07:30:02 UTC
Froggy Storm wrote:
Asia Leigh wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

D.

Bear

Been a long time since I fit up a mining ship, but aren't strip miners barg/Exhumer only?

That's why I said a mach... meaning machinaw
Apply the damn rules equally >.>
Dexxel Farcry
Taggart Transdimensional
Virtue of Selfishness
#166 - 2014-03-14 07:44:10 UTC
Bing Bangboom wrote:
Having loyalanon and his rather numerous friends show up in Kino is always a treat for both myself and the Code compliant miners. Seeing a loud, foul mouthed rebel miner suddenly surrounded by red flashing ships and reduced to gas and podded 16 jumps away always raises moral (and silences dissent).

In any case, I'm pretty sure nobody is actually claiming that they are paragons of Eve PvP because they've destroyed dozen, hundreds or even thousands of miners. My opinion is that ganking IS PvP by definition. But elite PvP?

No. Elite PvP is controlling the activities of thousands of highsec miners who have bought permits or mine in Procurers despite that being the definition of surrendering to the reality of the New Order as the rightful authority of Highsec or the, now literally, thousands of complaints, insults, petitions, illogical rationalizations and down right real world threats that our activities have generated.

How many miners who formerly believed they could safely AFK mine in highsec now know different? How many ships have been tanked because the last one they had had been confiscated by New Order Knights? How many players who formerly thought they HAD to mine in highsec to start their Eve careers said, "Screw this!", strapped on guns instead of mining lasers and went out and shot somebody in the face.... all because a New Order ganker showed them there was a better way to play?

Some of the posters here have hit the truth very close, although they didn't mean to. The point of ganking isn't to destroy a mining ship, say "Yay, look at me!" and point to a nice kill board. No, the point, which is what the carebears HATE most about it, IS the meta. The "We control you", "No, you don't", BLAP! "Yes, we do...." If being ganked was what bothered people (and to tell the truth, it is what some people just want to avoid, hence the "tank your ships" comments) then we wouldn't see all the complaints about whether the Code was legitimate, whether we had "the right" to do what we do and oh, God! NOT THE ROLEPLAYING!

We sell hundreds of permits a month. We destroy thousands of ships. We make players change what they want to do, sometimes to what we tell them to do, sometimes to protect themselves while they fool themselves into thinking they are still in control of their game play. The angriest are the one who actually DO understand what we are doing. Because they know that despite all that has been said and done about it, we still enforce the Code every day.

I'm always very glad to hear that a particular miner who claims to have never been ganked or bumped by us is still very aware of our existence and what we require of them. Its one thing for someone who has personally been compelled by our Agents to go read www.minerbumping.com . Its a demonstration of our real influence when those who haven't show they care about who we are and what we do.

Don't worry. Your turn will come.

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec
Belligerent Undesirable

ROFL people actually pay for this crap?
Iudicium Vastus
Doomheim
#167 - 2014-03-14 08:13:22 UTC
Just simply adorable. I love gankers, and also those hisec 'mercs'.
It's like watching kids playing house or doctor or something. Nothing like the real thing but to their blessed little hearts it's their whole world in that cute moment.

[u]Nerf stabs/cloaks in FW?[/u] No, just.. -Fit more points -Fit faction points -Bring a friend or two with points (an alt is fine too)

Froggy Storm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#168 - 2014-03-14 08:45:07 UTC
Asia Leigh wrote:
Froggy Storm wrote:
Asia Leigh wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

D.

Bear

That's why I said a mach... meaning machinaw

Mackinaw.

Mach usually mean machariel, thus my confusion.
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#169 - 2014-03-14 08:50:08 UTC
Iudicium Vastus wrote:
jelly, jelly, jelly, derp Nothing like the real thing jelly jelly jelly, herp

Pray tell, oh mighty space warrior, what's the real thing in your little fantasy world?

D.

Bear

Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#170 - 2014-03-14 08:51:57 UTC
Danalee wrote:
And yet, here you are, in a thread celebrating the elite Hisec pvpers,

There is no such thing as an elite highsec pvper just ask anyone in lowsec!

Danalee wrote:
laminating about how everyone should kiss your elite nullbear feet

I don't think you understand what I do in this game, but please, go on.

Danalee wrote:
and how much you lift or something.... Sad little wannabe Pirate

Usually my posts are of a better quality than your typical reddit-based memetic vomitus.

Danalee wrote:
Nullsec is dead.
Lowsec is allright.
Highsec is worth fighting for

Nullsec is boring.
Lowsec is boring.
Highsec doesn't matter.

The login screen is worth fighting.
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#171 - 2014-03-14 08:59:47 UTC
Xolve wrote:

Nullsec is boring.
Lowsec is boring.
Highsec doesn't matter.

I stand corrected.

D.

Bear

Kyperion
#172 - 2014-03-14 09:02:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Kyperion
Danalee wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

D.

Bear

↓↓ Except for the words in all caps, no sarcasm is present in this post.

Delusions of Grandeur, you have them in an epic form.

Just like James and the rest of his filth, they probably got tired of losing to level 1 mission rats and decided to go for targets they could actually kill

Its one thing to Gank miners, its a whole different level to actually believe that makes you good at combat.

And it is HILARIOUS to see these forum posts about how boring a particular action is in a video game..... news flash morons, we are all just sitting in front of a Machine pressing buttons... you want real excitement, try joining your local boxing/UFC gym, and actually participating in the glories of true, personal, bloody combat. Until then, you are all mouth-breathing neckbeard posers.
Kyperion
#173 - 2014-03-14 09:03:26 UTC
412nv Yaken wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

hokay 'champion' killer

Just champion of highsec is fine, no need to add the killer part!

Oh, Emperor, how amazing are your new clothes.....

No Sarcasm whatsoever present in this post
Alyth Nerun
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#174 - 2014-03-14 09:42:58 UTC
Kyperion wrote:
you want real excitement, try joining your local boxing/UFC gym, and actually participating in the glories of true, personal, bloody combat. Until then, you are all mouth-breathing neckbeard posers.

My kickboxing is legendary in reallife, how is yours?
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#175 - 2014-03-14 09:54:57 UTC
I just love some good old fashioned pvp in high sec. It's so thrilling
Kyperion
#176 - 2014-03-14 10:10:55 UTC
Alyth Nerun wrote:
Kyperion wrote:
you want real excitement, try joining your local boxing/UFC gym, and actually participating in the glories of true, personal, bloody combat. Until then, you are all mouth-breathing neckbeard posers.

My kickboxing is legendary in reallife, how is yours?

The Delusion continues....

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#177 - 2014-03-14 10:21:05 UTC
Watch out people, Kyperion is a real badass in reallife for real, who has a life as opposed to us neckbeards poasting and playing videogames Roll
Let's all bow our neckbearded nerd heads in shame.

D.

Bear

Kyperion
#178 - 2014-03-14 10:28:11 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Watch out people, Kyperion is a real badass in reallife for real, who has a life as opposed to us neckbeards poasting and playing videogames Roll

D.

Bear

At no point did I claim to be a badass, I am a very average guy. I am Firefighter and a United States Marine, but chose to enlist in the reserves, and landed in a damn HQ company and as such never got deployed even though I volunteered a few times. So no I am not some 'Hero' .... I am just illuminating those like yourself who think shooting pixels is somehow in the least bit exciting or vindicates your prey on the weak and feeble mentality.
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#179 - 2014-03-14 10:35:00 UTC
Kyperion wrote:
Danalee wrote:

D.

Bear

At no point did I claim to be a badass, I am a very average guy. I am Firefighter and a United States Marine, but chose to enlist in the reserves, and landed in a damn HQ company and as such never got deployed even though I volunteered a few times. So no I am not some 'Hero' .... I am just illuminating those like yourself who think shooting pixels is somehow in the least bit exciting or vindicates your prey on the weak and feeble mentality.

Not only an hero but also psychic who knows our deepest thoughts.... You are awesome.

for real: I like playing EVE, don't prey on the weak since the only things I do space combat with in EVE are other players.
Other players are (in my mind at least) never weak, unpredictable little buggers.
You are saying that other players are like handicapped people and that makes me sad. It's a game bro, don't hate.

D.

Bear

Haedonism Bot
People for the Ethical Treatment of Rogue Drones
#180 - 2014-03-14 12:04:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Haedonism Bot
Xolve wrote:

Nullsec is boring.
Lowsec is boring.
Highsec doesn't matter.

Maybe go try WoW, since you hate EVE so much, eh?

Or perhaps you are just playing this glorious jewel of an MMO incorrectly.

I, for one, am having a blast PvPing in highsec, where everything of consequence happens anyway. The significance of what we do is evidenced in the level of tears that come gushing out whenever somebody mentions highsec PvP in the forums.

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!