These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ganking is PVP

First post
Author
Sarah xCalibre
Pod Liberation Authority
#181 - 2014-03-14 12:18:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah xCalibre
Haedonism Bot wrote:
Xolve wrote:

Nullsec is boring.
Lowsec is boring.
Highsec doesn't matter.

The login screen is worth fighting.

Maybe go try WoW, since you hate EVE so much, eh?

Or perhaps you are just playing this glorious jewel of an MMO incorrectly.

I, for one, am having a blast PvPing in highsec, where everything of consequence happens anyway. The significance of what we do is evidenced in the level of tears that come gushing out whenever somebody mentions highsec PvP in the forums.

Good for you.

Just cause you kill people who dont want to fight but screams doesnt mean you do something important. The diff between high and null/low is that in null/low you fight people aware of the risks and who can take it (at least to 99%). But I agree sometimes its fun to get a long local spewing of loudmouths after you killed their ships it makes the win so much better, though I like newbies who dares entering low/null and it has happened that I repay them their shipvalue if/when I kill them.

Think it was Danalee who said it wasnt the gankers in this thread who made this thread about chestbeating, maybe you should read the thread from the beginning Im pretty sure somone claims to have killed over 1200 mining barges on the first page.

EDIT: ah read post #6
  • Sarah xCalibre
Kristopher Rocancourt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#182 - 2014-03-14 12:57:12 UTC
Xolve wrote:
loyalanon wrote:
Ive said it before and will say it again. Jealousy is not an attractive quality friend.

Why would I ever be jealous of someone I didn't know existed until a few hours ago, and probably won't remember tomorrow?

One day you might be known, but today isn't that day.

More Irony coming the 'The guy nobody has ever heard of"

http://killalliance.co.uk/tears/tears-holeysheet/

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#183 - 2014-03-14 15:11:24 UTC
Sarah xCalibre wrote:

Think it was Danalee who said it wasnt the gankers in this thread who made this thread about chestbeating, maybe you should read the thread from the beginning Im pretty sure somone claims to have killed over 1200 mining barges on the first page.

I took your advice, and re-read the first page...
OP = statement on the question if ganking = PVP
Post 2 = poster saying, yes, it is.
Post number 3 = some whining about griefing*
Post number 4 = rebuttal
Post 5 = more whining
6 rebuttal
Ad nauseam ad infinitum

* waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ganking is PVP - but what you did, killing that miner, is a form of PVP called griefing, which is a bannable offence. Unfortunately CCP chooses not to enforce their own rules in this regard. You had nothing to gain from destroying that miners ship except for the pleasure of causing him headache and lost time, which is griefing which is a bannable offence. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What was your point again?

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Sarah xCalibre
Pod Liberation Authority
#184 - 2014-03-14 15:28:34 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Sarah xCalibre wrote:

Post number 4 = rebuttal
Post 5 = more whining
6 rebuttal
Ad nauseam ad infinitum

* waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ganking is PVP - but what you did, killing that miner, is a form of PVP called griefing, which is a bannable offence. Unfortunately CCP chooses not to enforce their own rules in this regard. You had nothing to gain from destroying that miners ship except for the pleasure of causing him headache and lost time, which is griefing which is a bannable offence. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

D.

Bear

Post #6

"If you bothered to check some facts regarding myself you would see that I am very good at pvping miners in James 315 territory. I would even go so far as to say I am the number 1 exhumer killer in all of Eve, the undisputed champion of killing exhumers.

https://zkillboard.com/character/1941616627/"

If you cant even read what are you doing here? Really.
  • Sarah xCalibre
Kristopher Rocancourt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#185 - 2014-03-14 15:55:03 UTC
Sarah xCalibre wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Sarah xCalibre wrote:

Post number 4 = rebuttal
Post 5 = more whining
6 rebuttal
Ad nauseam ad infinitum

D.

Bear

Post #6

"If you bothered to check some facts regarding myself you would see that I am very good at pvping miners in James 315 territory. I would even go so far as to say I am the number 1 exhumer killer in all of Eve, the undisputed champion of killing exhumers.

i must say, that is a very nice KB.

http://killalliance.co.uk/tears/tears-holeysheet/

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#186 - 2014-03-14 16:07:24 UTC
Sarah xCalibre wrote:

Post #6

Are you disputing he killed all those exhumers now?
Or is this statement of fact some form of chestbeating in your twisted little world?

D.

Bear

Sarah xCalibre
Pod Liberation Authority
#187 - 2014-03-14 16:22:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah xCalibre
Danalee wrote:
Sarah xCalibre wrote:

Post #6

Or is this statement of fact some form of chestbeating in your twisted little world?

D.

Bear

Please do tell me where I said that I didnt believe his killboard. In fact kudos to him, he seems to have fun in the game and thats what its all about, but no in my personal definition of pvp that isnt pvp, although in the tecnical aspect of pvp it is. In the end his killboard doesnt impress on me no.

And now do explain how you dont get that his quote isnt chestbeating? Look at me Im the true champion of highsec!
Do you need reading lessons or is your head shoved up so far in highsec that you have to defend it to the very last drop even if you make yourself look really really sad here? As all you gankers say, "u mad?".
  • Sarah xCalibre
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#188 - 2014-03-14 16:47:16 UTC
Sarah xCalibre wrote:
Danalee wrote:

Please do tell me where I said that I didnt believe his killboard. In fact kudos to him, he seems to have fun in the game and thats what its all about, but no in my personal definition of pvp that isnt pvp, although in the tecnical aspect of pvp it is. In the end his killboard doesnt impress on me no.

And now do explain how you dont get that his quote isnt chestbeating? Look at me Im the true champion of highsec!
Do you need reading lessons or is your head shoved up so far in highsec that you have to defend it to the very last drop even if you make yourself look really really sad here? As all you gankers say, "u mad?".

U do seem mad but I won't comment on that.
You saying 'In the end his killboard doesnt impress on me no' translates into 'mine is better' and by your logic you are chestbeating than, no?

If he said look at me It could be considered chestbeating... But than every post anyone has ever made in these forums is.
For me, post number 6 was a funny way of saying hey, it's not griefing and CCP is OK with it so lighten up.
For you it clearly isn't and I suspect this is because 'your side' lost the argument on the first page and has been grasping at straws ever since; It's not pvp, it is pvp but griefing and should be banned, sometimes it's pvp, it's easy mode, screw it it's all good but you are chestbeating... nice record, I wonder what it'll be next.

D.

Bear

Sarah xCalibre
Pod Liberation Authority
#189 - 2014-03-14 16:54:28 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Sarah xCalibre wrote:
Danalee wrote:

U do seem mad but I won't comment on that.
You saying 'In the end his killboard doesnt impress on me no' translates into 'mine is better' and by your logic you are chestbeating than, no?

If he said look at me It could be considered chestbeating... But than every post anyone has ever made in these forums is.
For me, post number 6 was a funny way of saying hey, it's not griefing and CCP is OK with it so lighten up.
For you it clearly isn't and I suspect this is because 'your side' lost the argument on the first page and has been grasping at straws ever since; It's not pvp, it is pvp but griefing and should be banned, sometimes it's pvp, it's easy mode, screw it it's all good but you are chestbeating... nice record, I wonder what it'll be next.

D.

Bear

My side? I havent even taken a side other then my own, never cared about the miners in highsec, never really cared about the gankers either. But you do seem to have a vendetta with everyone commenting in any thread you posted and who you regard as being against you, its quiete funny actually. And no, by saying "it doesnt impress on me" I mean excatly that, you do seem to have a way of wanting to twist every word someone say to the thing you want to hear so you can whine about it. If you read I actually explained why it didnt impress on me "on a personal level I dont see ganking as pvp..." etc etc. And thats why it doesnt impress on me, In no way did I say "my killboard is better" either, thats fabricated by you by reading all too much into what I typed, maybe thats what you saw, and you are telling me my World is twisted?! Funny stuffs.

But here it is for your enjoyment, my killboard is better. there now Im expecting a long whiney post why my killboard isnt. Have fun with it, I sure will have fun Reading your next postand what you twisted around this time.

• Sarah xCalibre
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#190 - 2014-03-14 16:58:37 UTC
Sarah xCalibre wrote:
Danalee wrote:

But here it is for your enjoyment, my killboard is better. there now Im expecting a long whiney post why my killboard isnt. Have fun with it, I sure will have fun Reading your next postand what you twisted around this time.

That was fast Lol

D.

Bear

RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#191 - 2014-03-14 17:15:22 UTC
OP I believe your are correct. If you engage another player no matter what they are flying that is person vs person. I had the opposite reaction from a group of gankers last night. They attempted to gank my hulk in a .5 system and failed miserably Shields never went below 50%. After I picked up all their loot they said in local we were just testing concord and that wasnt real pvp but I bet if they had succeded the smack talking in local wouldve been so thick you would have to cut it with a knife.

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

John XIII
The Carnifex Corp
#192 - 2014-03-15 02:23:14 UTC
Of course highsec ganking is PvP. But it's more than that. It's non-consensual PvP, and that makes it special.

Gankers know exactly what they need to do to kill their target. Scanning and basic math is all it takes. The execution of a gank becomes second nature in a very short time. If a gank fails it's because something unexpected happens. Someone disco's at the wrong time, the Blessed Sarah Flynt uncloaks in her damn ECM boat, or the miner is actually on the ball and gets out. I know, the last one seems like a stretch but it does happen.

It's really not about the gank or the killmail. It's about what that dude is gonna do about it. Some cry and petition, some pay the isk, some go away, and some even biomass. But the best ones join intel channels, re-map to perception/willpower, and learn to fight back. I've ganked hundreds of ships in highsec but I only remember the ones that stopped mining or missioning and started actually interacting with others and playing EvE. They make ganking worth the time.

I realize that it's cool to be a bitter vet and snark about what a bad game EvE is. I get it, it's what passes for chill in this game. I laugh when I here that tripe. EvE is awesome! And highsec gankers help people realize how awesome EvE can be.

All the 1337 PvP I've seen in low and null were between people that were there to fight. It's incredibly engaging, challenging, and the eye candy of massive fleets going at it is great but it doesn't really do it for me like highsec ganking does.

Highsec is worth fighting for

Between Ignorance and Wisdom

Kyperion
#193 - 2014-03-15 05:23:28 UTC
John XIII wrote:
Of course highsec ganking is PvP. But it's more than that. It's non-consensual PvP, and that makes it special.

Gankers know exactly what they need to do to kill their target. Scanning and basic math is all it takes. The execution of a gank becomes second nature in a very short time. If a gank fails it's because something unexpected happens. Someone disco's at the wrong time, the Blessed Sarah Flynt uncloaks in her damn ECM boat, or the miner is actually on the ball and gets out. I know, the last one seems like a stretch but it does happen.

It's really not about the gank or the killmail. It's about what that dude is gonna do about it. Some cry and petition, some pay the isk, some go away, and some even biomass. But the best ones join intel channels, re-map to perception/willpower, and learn to fight back. I've ganked hundreds of ships in highsec but I only remember the ones that stopped mining or missioning and started actually interacting with others and playing EvE. They make ganking worth the time.

I realize that it's cool to be a bitter vet and snark about what a bad game EvE is. I get it, it's what passes for chill in this game. I laugh when I here that tripe. EvE is awesome! And highsec gankers help people realize how awesome EvE can be.

All the 1337 PvP I've seen in low and null were between people that were there to fight. It's incredibly engaging, challenging, and the eye candy of massive fleets going at it is great but it doesn't really do it for me like highsec ganking does.

Highsec is worth fighting for

So the only smart people skill into combat ships and forget mining... IE only your play style is valid.....

Hokay dickhead
Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#194 - 2014-03-15 08:01:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiryen O'Bannon
Danalee wrote:
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
I've been telling them they're ridiculous this entire time, and live in low-sec, not null sec, so what you could possibly be talking about is a mystery to everyone but you. It seems to be the habit in here to imagine what someone said, and respond to that.

You just described every forum on the internet ever, kuddos! Lol
Not really.
Quote:

Tell me again what the point to all your posts is? Because it started out being ganking isn't pvp and went -> ganking is only pvp in lowsec -> ganking is ok -> only if you do it to certain people it's not OK -> it's because you chestbeat that I'm sad -> on and on... And you keep changing your narrative... not as much confusing as it is tiresome. So, again: What are you saying?

Go back and read it again. It isnt hard. There's been no change in my 'narrative', you're just straw manning it into a presupposed argument. The problem is that you're not able to look at the situation abstractly, and without defending a particular viewpoint. I however, am. That should be evident from my repeated explanations that I have no problem with ganking, just with the self-centered bleating from the gank crowd that makes effective discussion impossible. You're so used to taking one side of the issue and zealously defending it that you cant grasp a nuanced, balanced approach and need to appeal to ridicule, all the while revealing an inability or unwillingness to ead carefully or engage in critical thinking.

Quote:
That people who start a thread about the question if ganking is PVP are chestbeating?
Or is it more like the fact that these people are having fun that bothers you? (<- This is why you are a wannabe Brave, you are in the alliance but you are clearly not adhering to their 'culture')

No, this is why you lack basic reading comprehension. I have no issue with ganking; I am getting at the fact that real game balance issues cannot be effectively discussed because of a hoard of gankers shitting up every thread on highsec balance with chestbeating, paranoia, and suggestions so wildly unrealistic as to defy common sense. Were you not intent on exemplifying "every forum on the internet" you'd have known that, and could have avoided looking silly claiming Im committing some sort of nonexistant "BRAVE heresy".

Eternal Father, King of birth, /Who didst create the heaven and earth, /And bid the planets and the sun/ Their own appointed orbits run; /O hear us when we seek thy grace /For those who soar through outer space.

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#195 - 2014-03-15 09:39:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Danalee
When asked for what the point is of his/her ramblings, Kirven answers with quite clear arguments that;
Kiryen O'Bannon wrote:
Go back and read it again. It isnt hard. There's been no change in my 'narrative', you're just straw manning it into a presupposed argument. The problem is that you're not able to look at the situation abstractly, and without defending a particular viewpoint. I however, am. That should be evident from my repeated explanationsShocked that I have no problem with ganking, just with the self-centered bleating from the gank crowd that makes effective discussion impossible.You're so used to taking one side of the issue and zealously defending it that you cant grasp a nuanced, balanced approach and need to appeal to ridicule, all the while revealing an inability or unwillingness to ead carefully or engage in critical thinking
No, this is why you lack basic reading comprehension. I have no issue with ganking; I am getting at the fact that real game balance issuescannot be effectively discussed because of a hoard of gankers shitting up every thread on highsec balance with chestbeating, paranoia, and suggestions so wildly unrealistic as to defy common sense. Were you not intent on exemplifying "every forum on the internet" you'd have known that, and could have avoided looking silly claiming Im committing some sort of nonexistant "BRAVE heresy".

Newsflash:
- This is not a thread about hisec balance, you are shiting up a perfectly good thread about ganking.
- You are chestbeating about being the clever kid on the block all the while spouting paranoic nonsense about some big scheme to cover up the injustice of the hisec game mecanics.
- You keep reinforcing the BRAVE wannabe bit.

In other words: You come and take a big steamy dump in our backyard and react indignant because we are a bit irritated by that.

So, one last time, which great injustice in hisec do you want to discus in the C&P forum subsection in a thread about wether ganking is PVP?

D.

Bear

Schlampa
Doomheim
#196 - 2014-03-15 10:10:40 UTC
As another Champion of HighSecâ„¢ I fully endorse this thread and the fountain of tears it has created.
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#197 - 2014-03-15 11:18:27 UTC  |  Edited by: loyalanon
Schlampa wrote:
As another Champion of HighSecâ„¢ I fully endorse this thread and the fountain of tears it has created.

Greetings once again esteemed community,

It is grand to see fellow champions of high sec in this thread and enjoying our elite pvp skills. Well tonight I went for a capital sized vessel and proceeded to pvp 3 freighters.

Best fights I've had in a long time and nothing gets your nerves going like good old fashioned PVP.

I would say we have nearly reached the pinnacle of eve online pvp as we are clearly elite if we are pvping capitals with subcaps.

Not even many low/null alliances can say they pvp capitals with subcaps and can destroy them in under 20 seconds.

Damn we are good. I'm not really sure on what more we need to prove that our PVP skills are on par/if not better then low/null alliances.

Anyone wanting a battle report please feel free to respond to me and I can give you a de-brief of the good fights we had.

#capkiller
#alldaycapkilling
412nv Yaken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#198 - 2014-03-15 11:29:55 UTC  |  Edited by: 412nv Yaken
loyalanon wrote:
Schlampa wrote:

Greetings once again esteemed community,

It is grand to see fellow champions of high sec in this thread and enjoying our elite pvp skills. Well tonight I went for a capital sized vessel and proceeded to pvp 3 freighters.

Best fights I've had in a long time and nothing gets your nerves going like good old fashioned PVP.

I would say we have nearly reached the pinnacle of eve online pvp as we are clearly elite if we are pvping capitals with subcaps.

Not even many low/null alliances can say they pvp capitals with subcaps and can destroy them in under 20 seconds.

Damn we are good. I'm not really sure on what more we need to prove that our PVP skills are on par/if not better then low/null alliances.

Anyone wanting a battle report please feel free to respond to me and I can give you a de-brief of the good fights we had

I was in this fleet and it is true we did manage to PVP some capital class freighters and 1 capsule was also pvped as well I believe.
I have to agree with loyal though, we are better than more than 95% of All low and null sec corps in terms of PVP, the proof is in the killboards, with only alliances with thousands of members getting more kill numbers, due to Tidi fleets etc

In terms of skill I truly believe we are the best at PVPing capitals in subcapitals And that is something no one can deny or take away from us!

A fellow champion of high security space
412nv Yaken

#capkiller #highsecchampion #pvp

A True Champion of High Security Space

Winchester Steele
#199 - 2014-03-15 23:30:49 UTC
Of course ganking is pvp. And to all the people saying it isn't ~real~ pvp because it doesn't conform to some silly ebushido concept in your head I can only say this: The only defenceless player in eve is the one who chooses to be, and for that you have no one to blame but yourself.

Clubbing seals indeed. I have a host of industrial characters who are out in space doing pve activities all the time, yet I have never been ganked. Why? Because being difficult to catch prey is also a form of pvp. You don't have to be a victim. Tank your ship, use scouts, use Dscan, use your brain and know your game mechanics. You may still get ganked, but if you play properly it WILL be a good fight. At the end of it you will be able to hold your head up high and proudly return that "gf" in local.

To all the crying helpless bears out there, just one quick word of advice:

You don't have to be the fastest carebear to avoid being ganked. You just have to be faster than the bot-aspirant afk mining next to you in his untanked hulk while he "does laundry."

Jared Lennox
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#200 - 2014-03-16 02:27:29 UTC
Today the high sec wasn't secure enough as it seems... Contrary to what whining bears believe. Concord was busy with eating donuts, well since the last gank happened before their eyes and some anti-ganking scrubs getting blown up by "CONCORD" when trying to "SMART"bomb us.. Well....ummm... Using a module which includes "SMART" doesn't make you smart. In fact it makes you go full ******.

http://theconference.eve-kill.net/?a=home&m=03&y=2014&view=kills.

So yeah.. We were up for a little "FREIGHTER PeeVeePee" Because we CAN..

Such a quality thread... So many tears... I couldn't do it better myself..

http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html