These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Revelation: The Book of Bloodletting, Chapter 3

Author
Skye Nico
#61 - 2014-03-10 22:14:18 UTC
Karmilla Strife wrote:
Crash is a hell of a drug.

I'm thinking Drop.
N'maro Makari
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#62 - 2014-03-10 22:26:58 UTC
Purely out of curiosity, I would like to ask an expert:

Is Naupilus making up bits of scripture, or just horribly misinterpreting the existing one?

**Vherokior **

Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#63 - 2014-03-10 22:33:38 UTC
N'maro Makari wrote:

Is Naupilus making up bits of scripture, or just horribly misinterpreting the existing one?

Yes.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#64 - 2014-03-10 22:34:08 UTC
N'maro Makari wrote:

By no means an expert, but a quick search of the existing scriptures seems to say yes.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#65 - 2014-03-10 22:53:45 UTC
Now, now, Prophets make Scripture, that's how it works.

More specifically, Scripture is Written by Prophets who win - much like History. To be sure, Prophet Nauplius has not won yet. But neither has he lost, as demonstrated by the ever increasing reach of his Word.
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#66 - 2014-03-10 22:57:12 UTC
In the past, he has referenced actual Scripture.

Now he is claiming direct revelation from God. To my knowledge, none of what he has posted here has been affirmed by the Theology Council, and so it has no Scriptural validity. I've never heard of any Book of Bloodletting. It reeks of Sani Sabik influence and could be from the Apocrypha if he didn't just write it himself. It is heresy either way.
Kyllsa Siikanen
Tuonelan Virta
#67 - 2014-03-10 23:18:45 UTC
Karmilla Strife wrote:

Evidently I now condone genocide??

Perhaps it was all the crash?

“Crying is all right in its own way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” 

― C.S. Lewis 

Erin Savonarola
Doomheim
#68 - 2014-03-10 23:36:18 UTC
N'maro Makari wrote:

First, a clarification. There is Scripture and then scripture. The former is approved texts, certified by the Theology Council. The latter is, well, any religious document. I know of some Federation polytheists that have their own set of scripture. The heretic's writing is not approved by the Theology Council. (No, I have not checked. I don't have to. Drinking blood is strictly forbidden.) Whether it's some Sani Sabik text, I do not know, as I do not read Sani Sabik texts.

Now, the Kingdom, where this heretic hails from, does not follow the Theology Council's edicts. They do, however, use much of the same Scripture as the Empire. Again, I do not read Kingdom texts, so I cannot delineate the difference. Whether this is a bit of Kingdom scripture, I do not know; though, I seriously doubt it.
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#69 - 2014-03-11 01:33:23 UTC
I'm serious though, I want the Sani Sabik to take him and test his mettle. I would be disappointed to see someone claiming to be a prophet get away without being thoroughly tested and tried.
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#70 - 2014-03-11 02:05:55 UTC
I am saddened that the community has so far been completely negligent in asking the hard questions.

I'll start.

Will your new found space importance lead to any delightful soirees, Prophet Nauplius?

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Anslo
Scope Works
#71 - 2014-03-11 04:18:18 UTC
N'maro Makari wrote:

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMMMMMB

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#72 - 2014-03-11 07:50:55 UTC
It's very clear that whatever else you could pin on it, Amarrian religion isn't to blame for this one. Nauplius is clearly the kind of damaged individual who would murder people en masse without any excuse at all.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Doomheim
#73 - 2014-03-11 10:12:59 UTC
Erin Savonarola wrote:
Having a heretic in the crusade disrupts and taints it's purpose and essence.

Ms. Savonarola,

The militias are regulated as part of CONCORD Assembly law under the terms of the CONCORD Emergency War Powers Act. They are unique in that they are not direct adjuncts of a national military, and operate solely to permit the conduct of conflict by capsuleers. The entry level into a militia either as an individual or as part of a corporate entity has been notoriously low, and as far as I'm aware there has been no requirements such as background checks in order to join a militia.

Such is the nature of capsuleers I suppose that hypothetically it's possible to have a heretic or blood raider in the 24IC; a gurista or provist in the Protectorate; an angel cartel or slaver in the TLF; or a serpentis and terrorist in the FDU. The militias are not permitted to conduct Quality Assurance as regards capsuleer assets to the same extent as a national Navy because CONCORD does not wish it to be so.

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Karynn Denton
Lekhantsi Salvage Depot
#74 - 2014-03-11 10:56:05 UTC
Skye Nico wrote:
Karmilla Strife wrote:

I'm thinking Drop.

I'd say neither. Aggressive behaviour is more indicative of Exile use.
Although some say that "Religion is the Booster of the masses."
Which is utter rubbish, of course. Religion won't make your guns track quicker or soup-up your AAR.

While I'm here I'd like to add my congratulations to Praetorian Kernher for her victory over Pilot Nauplius in one-to-one frigate combat (best combat). It's good to see a strong woman actually taking action against her enemies, rather than all the hand-wringing and buck-passing that's been going on over the man.
Frigateers, I salute you.

Karynn Denton

Caravan Master

N'maro Makari
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#75 - 2014-03-11 11:03:22 UTC
Gosakumori Noh wrote:

More specifically, Scripture is Written by Prophets who win - much like History. To be sure, Prophet Nauplius has not won yet. But neither has he lost, as demonstrated by the ever increasing reach of his Word.

So anyone who calls themselves themselves a prophet can have a roll of the historical dice? Not an expected viewpoint from an Amarrian if it's not too bold to say.

**Vherokior **

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#76 - 2014-03-11 11:30:35 UTC
N'maro Makari wrote:
Gosakumori Noh wrote:

So anyone who calls themselves themselves a prophet can have a roll of the historical dice? Not an expected viewpoint from an Amarrian if it's not too bold to say.

Why not?

Here is a little bit of (obviously a little bit silly) theology.

Throw a million ideas against a wall. The ones that stick obviously had god's influence backing them. Adopt those as your newest religious tenants.

Religions are ideas. Ideas are viruses. The successful ones propagate and influence. The unsuccessful ones die on the vine.
Nauplius
Hoi Andrapodistai
#77 - 2014-03-11 12:56:17 UTC
The Book of Bloodletting, Chapter Three is True Scripture, lately revealed by God unto Nauplius, a Prophet of God. Those who have heard this Revelation and reject it abide under the wrath of God, for as the Scriptures say, "To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin."
Nauplius
Hoi Andrapodistai
#78 - 2014-03-11 12:59:41 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:
I am saddened that the community has so far been completely negligent in asking the hard questions.

I'll start.

Will your new found space importance lead to any delightful soirees, Prophet Nauplius?

I admit to being inexperienced at social gatherings, much less hosting social gatherings; I have been a solo pilot for some time.

However, should God ask that I join with other Empyreans in the drinking of the blood — the blood of those whom God has given over to destruction — then I would obey the will of God.
Skye Nico
#79 - 2014-03-11 13:53:21 UTC
Karynn Denton wrote:
Skye Nico wrote:

I'm thinking Drop.

I'd say neither. Aggressive behaviour is more indicative of Exile use.
Although some say that "Religion is the Booster of the masses."
Which is utter rubbish, of course. Religion won't make your guns track quicker or soup-up your AAR.

Its gotta be something hallucinogenic at this point. When people start thinking they are prophets and writing scripture, more often than not they've been artificially sightseeing a bit too much.
Wendrika
Doomheim
#80 - 2014-03-11 14:21:49 UTC
Why are you so mean Nauplius? And why must your entire motivational spectrum be completely dependant on a third party source? I'd understand if you were mean for the sake of it, but your entire justification is that someone else told you to.

Can't you just love God and his misanthropy in a peaceful and pious manner? Preferably inside the comfort of a secluded temple?