These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Erotica 1 for CSM 9

First post First post
Author
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2014-03-25 21:38:58 UTC
I think you have it out of order.

Real Name is part of the campaign, not post election. We will know if this is a troll when the polls are active and the the final candidates list (with real names) is published.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#42 - 2014-03-25 22:34:54 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
I have removed some rule breaking posts.

The rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

Just friendly although stern warning: we do not look lightly upon real life threats of any kind, under any circumstance.
So please people, keep the Anger Control II module running when posting. And that goes for both sides of the fence.

Edit:
11. Discussion of forum moderation is prohibited.

The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a petition under the Community & Forums Category.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#43 - 2014-03-26 00:09:38 UTC
Way to go deputy fife.
The Awakened34
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#44 - 2014-03-26 02:41:19 UTC
I, for one, will absolutely be voting for Ero on election day.

-You would be hard pressed to find another candidate that has a better proven track record of content creation.
-Ero regularly gives back to the community with his generous isk doubling and the Bonus Room.
-He fully understands the sandbox nature of the game and will fight to expand the toolset available to the players to create their own gameplay experiences.

We need more people like Ero on the CSM.
Loki O'Grady
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2014-03-26 09:07:00 UTC
Scamming someone out of everything they own, I have no problem with.

The two hours that followed crossed the line.

I hope you and your friends get banned over this.

GTFO this game.
Josef Djugashvilis
#46 - 2014-03-26 10:15:37 UTC
Loki O'Grady wrote:
Scamming someone out of everything they own, I have no problem with.

The two hours that followed crossed the line.

I hope you and your friends get banned over this.

GTFO this game.

I agree good sir, it is not the scamming, (good for them) but the making fun of his speech impediment which crossed the line for me.

This is not a signature.

Chony
Dunder Mifflin Paper Co.
#47 - 2014-03-26 16:21:05 UTC
What guarantee do we have that if E1 is elected that all CSM meetings wont just turn into bonus rounds?
Mario Putzo
#48 - 2014-03-26 16:41:21 UTC
I am moving Erotica 1 up my ticket, because I think that He is the best person to sit down with CCP in Iceland and discuss the tipping point of where scams become not just EVE related but enter the real world.

Erotica 1 for Chair of the Council of Moral Authority!
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#49 - 2014-03-26 16:44:34 UTC
Chony wrote:
What guarantee do we have that if E1 is elected that all CSM meetings wont just turn into bonus rounds?

Duct tape.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Mike Nicholas
United Freelancers Corporation
#50 - 2014-03-26 18:48:16 UTC
Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2014-03-26 23:46:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Snot Shot
Yeah, not a troll but nice try....Roll

Fact is most folks who operate behind the anonymity shield EVE offers always wonder about the day their true identity will be revealed and what blow back it might carry. The big difference between the “concern” is who you think it will blow back at the most, your other in game characters and affiliates, or your RL family members. Think about what you would actually have to do in order for the later to be a concern to you…

Fact is E1 probably thought about this issue while he turned up the psychological heat on our fellow EVE players he lured into his trap. Did it make him pause in the slightest, or carry on to the next and the next bonus round.....with no concern....and no regret....

The Mittani felt the wrath of the community when he stepped over the line to abuse one of our own. His family was threatened and EVE players came out of the woodworks to let him know he ****** up, drunk or not.

E1 wasn’t intoxicated, this is who he is, and if his RL identity were to come out, he would more than likely be told by this community that he’s no longer welcome here...

Erotica 1, its to bad you felt the need to bow out now, I got a feeling a lot of folks would have loved to see you, or dare you, to try and make it to your bonus round, CSM9...Blink

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#52 - 2014-03-27 01:08:16 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post.

The rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2014-03-27 02:31:17 UTC
Any details you can send me on my post which would explain what you thought was a personal attack?

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#54 - 2014-03-27 20:27:51 UTC
You will get all my votes, anyone that can make themepark carebears cry the way you do should be in the CSM.

The Tears Must Flow

Metal Icarus
Failed Diplomacy
#55 - 2014-03-28 20:42:54 UTC
So, I just heard of what "The Bonus room" really is...

I have no words for this....
Elusive Voltis
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#56 - 2014-03-29 04:40:56 UTC
And nothing of value was lost.
Helena Russell Makanen
DRRUSSEL
#57 - 2014-03-29 05:48:33 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
You will get all my votes, anyone that can make themepark carebears cry the way you do should be in the CSM.

LOL you show no knowledge of who is crying lol. Reverse it an you have it pretty much right.

Case in point - erotica says he/she 'shed a first eve-tear' trying to log on today and finding he/she could not.

Pity.

"If a miner needs to go to the bathroom, for instance, I ask that they dock up first, or at the very least ask the Supreme Protector for permission to go."  -  James 315 - aka - the miner bumper

Tyrant Scorn
#58 - 2014-03-29 06:55:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyrant Scorn
I think the whole psychological debate is stretching it a bit far. We always warn new players to be wary of scams and to develop a thick skin when communicating with other Eve Online players. The fact the victim of E1's TeamSpeak extension of the scam stuck around for 2 hours is just a complete mystery to me and I don't think it's fair to blame E1 for it.

I will list a few personal insults other Eve Players have recently thrown my way, on a live broadcasted podcast + the recording.

- Get cancer and die
- I will kill your dog
- Your wife should leave you
- Go kill yourself

All have been reported to CCP and CCP did nothing... Their response, HTFU.

I am sorry, but seeing as CCP and the rest of the Eve Community felt that the insults were all acceptable, I can not feel sorry for E1's victim because he chose to stick around, just like I chose to stick around on comms and hear these insults thrown my way.

The fact is, the smart people figure out the scam and either take the loss and call it a night or leave TeamSpeak after 5 minutes. The fact that the victim stayed and participated was just dumb on his part.

I am sorry, I used to be a nice guy concerning these kind of issues but since over the years I've had some nasty f*cking sh*t thrown my way and nobody seemed to care, so why should I care about what happens to others. You reap what you sow, right ?

And this is coming from a guy who holds communication high on his priority list. Keep in mind that my person feelings on this issue have nothing to do with how I think people should threat each other. Was it distasteful, yeah, probably and would it have been something I would never have done, yeah, definitely... But to see E1 get banned because of this, I think is going to far. I've seen worse.
Bane Nucleus
Assault and Battery
Transmission Lost
#59 - 2014-03-29 07:12:09 UTC
Forgive me if I don't understand, but the "victim" in question stayed on a teamspeak, of their own free will, and got verbally abused for 2 hours? It's not like they were held there and forced to endure it. This victim mentality is complete nonsense.

+1 vote for Erotica 1

No trolling please

Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2014-03-29 13:07:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Snot Shot
Bane Nucleus wrote:
Forgive me if I don't understand, but the "victim" in question stayed on a teamspeak, of their own free will, and got verbally abused for 2 hours? It's not like they were held there and forced to endure it. This victim mentality is complete nonsense.

+1 vote for Erotica 1

You're deliberatly leaving out one critical point that would keep most players on TS for that long, and longer, and thats the fact Erotica 1 made him hand over everything he was worth in the game (time and money) as the first "proof of commitment to the process".....to walk away from TS meant that the player basically had to make a choice to walk away from EVE, a descision no one would take lightly and in fact, Erotica 1 just said he shed a tear over when he tried to log in to find his accounts locked.......so spin it the way you want but in the end you're still wrong.

Tyrant Scorn wrote:
"No one helped me when I was verbally abused and threatened, so I'm not willing to stick up for anyone else thats been!"
FYP

All your posts focus on you and what you went through and how mad you were that you got no help. Here is a situation you could rally around to support your own situation and help future pilots to not have to endure this and you turn out to be one of the first to step up and defend the attacker...Roll Pretty selfish my friend, pretty dam selfish...Straight

evesnotshot.blogspot.com