These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

My Sandbox is Becoming a Themepark

First post
Author
hellokittyonline
New Order Mining Authority
Safety.
#241 - 2014-02-28 20:57:11 UTC  |  Edited by: hellokittyonline
Kimmi Chan wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:
Also I'm more referring to the business of stealing loot from PvEers, as a soloable mini-PvP-profession that is highly accessible to new players, and keeps the PvEers from being 100% bubblewrapped (because 100% safety will eventually = 0% PvP opportunity).

Forgive me HKO. I am not understanding. What change are you wanting to make to loot theft? How are you wanting to make it different than it is currently please?

The MAIN CHANGE I am asking for is the removal of the bounty system. BUT NOT COMPLETELY FKING THE CAREBEARS. Instead they need to replace bounties with more salvage/loot and LP.

The REASONS for this are

A) Bounties inject isk into the economy (IE you do not trade a good for someone elses isk, you simply create isk out of thin air) and make ships and plex more expensive, thus raising the bar of entry for new pilots looking for a risky profession, and bottlenecking everyone into doing the same thing you do (you don't realize it, but you're inadvertently shitting in someone elses cereal by whining your profession into OP FARMVILLE HEAVEN).

B) There will be more salvage for up-and-coming pirates to take advantage of
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#242 - 2014-02-28 20:58:05 UTC
hellokittyonline wrote:
It is in fact a sandpox PvP experience, but it should not be the only one, and the same way a mission bear can bear by himself for hours on end and make a profit, there should be options for a solo PvPer to find his own way to make ends meet.
Good luck. Those that do very well and win the majority of engagements can already do this, but allowing the losing side to function on ship to ship PvP alone would either massively devalue isk further or cause some other form of economic destabilization.
hellokittyonline wrote:
Also I'm more referring to the business of stealing loot from PvEers, as a soloable mini-PvP-profession that is highly accessible to new players, and keeps the PvEers from being 100% bubblewrapped (because 100% safety will eventually = 0% PvP opportunity).
We've yet to actually see that 100% safety work out, but assuming it was true, your initiative won't lead to more interaction but rather content abandonment. Things that wind up requiring exceptional effort while still having a high loss risk simply won't be done. This becomes negative to 2 groups, PvE'ers and highsec PvP'ers. PvE'ers lose content and either leave or downshift activity, PvP'ers as a result lose targets and do much the same.
hellokittyonline wrote:
PvEers seem to be under the impression that I'm the one inhibiting new players from joining the game. What they do not realize is their bounty system, combined with crying for nerfs to suspects, only end up removing a new PvPers options for making isk.
Haven't followed the thread enough to comment on this, so I'll leave it be aside from saying that the more ways there are for a true new player to lose everything before learning why and how to avoid it, which is generally what you accomplish by making things more dangerous, the fewer new players that are likely to stick around to become the predators that engaged them.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#243 - 2014-02-28 21:02:03 UTC
hellokittyonline wrote:

The MAIN CHANGE I am asking for is the removal of the bounty system. BUT NOT COMPLETELY FKING THE CAREBEARS. Instead they need to replace bounties with more salvage/loot and LP.

The REASONS for this are

A) Bounties inject isk into the economy (IE you do not trade a good for someone elses isk, you simply create isk out of thin air) and make ships and plex more expensive, thus raising the bar of entry for new pilots looking for a risky profession, and bottlenecking everyone i.

The last meeting minutes contained CCP stating incoming isk being greater than outgoing isk was good, so in that it helped grow the economy. Additionally, loot and LP being increased only devalues both. In order to supplant bounty income I would think the resulting mass influx of both would crush their relevant markets.
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#244 - 2014-02-28 21:03:34 UTC
hellokittyonline wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:

Forgive me HKO. I am not understanding. What change are you wanting to make to loot theft? How are you wanting to make it different than it is currently please?

The REASONS for this are

A) Bounties inject isk into the economy (IE you do not trade a good for someone elses isk, you simply create isk out of thin air) and make ships and plex more expensive, thus raising the bar of entry for new pilots looking for a risky profession, and bottlenecking everyone i.

Do you mean player created bounties, or NPC game generated bounties?

Because all bounties on players by players is the complete opposite of isk inflation. It's an isk lock up with a potential for isk transfer. Considering the current billions of isk locked away in potential bounties, that's isk out of the eve system.

Bounties on NPCs? Well then what's the reward for playing the game? No reward for actions = boring.
Victoria Thorne
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#245 - 2014-02-28 21:04:13 UTC
hellokittyonline wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:

The REASONS for this are

Give mission NPCs tags which can be exchanged for ISK... (Something like sleeper loot.) That would make sense. I don't think inflation is currently considered a problem in the economy, from what I've heard.

I've been scanned down at least a half dozen times while running missions in EVE, I've never actually had a ninja willing to steal, funnily enough. It's probably that I like Omni-tanked, low cost, dual web fits w/ neuts for my mission running.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#246 - 2014-02-28 21:05:18 UTC
hellokittyonline wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:

The REASONS for this are

Thank you for that clarification. If I am reading this right - the intent is to remove the incentive of bounties as a PvP enthusiasts can not influence that directly. Instead the loot and LP values should be higher so that PvP Enthusiasts (both Combat and Market) can have a more direct effect on other people's play.

I like the concept but (and it's a big but and I can not lie), what of the bounties in NullSec? This is why I earlier pointed out that 70-80% of injected ISK comes from NullSec bounties (source pending as I am taking it second hand). If you remove bounties you run the risk of ISK scarcity. If ISK is not coming from bounties, where is it going to come from?

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

hellokittyonline
Safety.
#247 - 2014-02-28 21:05:23 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:

The REASONS for this are

The last meeting minutes contained CCP stating incoming isk being greater than outgoing isk was good, so in that it helped grow the economy. Additionally, loot and LP being increased only devalues both. In order to supplant bounty income I would think the resulting mass influx of both would crush their relevant markets.

Of course they will say this, as it would be an extreme conflict of interest if they were to say otherwise. More isk in the market is good TO A DEGREE, but too much isk raises prices of ships and plex (thus more people are buying plex with real money [thus conflict of interest])
hellokittyonline
Safety.
#248 - 2014-02-28 21:08:19 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:

The REASONS for this are

Thank you for that clarification. If I am reading this right - the intent is to remove the incentive of bounties as a PvP enthusiasts can not influence that directly. Instead the loot and LP values should be higher so that PvP Enthusiasts (both Combat and Market) can have a more direct effect on other people's play.

I like the concept but (and it's a big but and I can not lie), what of the bounties in NullSec? This is why I earlier pointed out that 70-80% of injected ISK comes from NullSec bounties (source pending as I am taking it second hand). If you remove bounties you run the risk of ISK scarcity. If ISK is not coming from bounties, where is it going to come from?

You just answered that question for me... nullsec.. and also incursions. Also I do not see an inherent problem in the rewards of nullsec (and lowsec) greatly outweighing those in high-sec as the risk should be (but may not be in the game's current state but only because there is little incentive to go to null in the first place) far greater
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#249 - 2014-02-28 21:09:34 UTC
hellokittyonline wrote:
Side Note: Do devs even read this stuff? Seems to me they only post in threads that are completely irrelevant to the game.

They do, up to a point. They do not participate because staying neutral is hard.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Organic Lager
Drinking Buddies
#250 - 2014-02-28 21:10:33 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Organic Lager wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
In truth, I think the biggest problem with these discussions is that this side can't comprehend that side at all.

HKO and other PvP Enthusiasts can not ever comprehend how shooting at asteroids or red crosses or whatever could ever be anything but a soul-crushing and mind numbing yawn fest. They don't understand just how risk-averse these Carebears are.

Conversely, Carebears can't grasp the allure of adrenaline that PvP provides. Most of them just want to be left the **** alone to do their little thing in peace and can't comprehend why the PvP Enthusiasts insist on disturbing them.

Try and understand things from the other groups point of view. I know it's difficult - but try and we may all actually get something useful out of this.

Sounds about right.

Except one group wants to **** in the other groups cereal. No one wants **** in their cereal! Too much **** in ones cereal makes them stop eating cereal.

I would advise caution in your assertions. The Carebear side of this has suggested and had changes implemented to benefit only their gameplay in the past.

CONCORD buffs (you used to be able to tank CONCORD)
Drone poop nerfs
Exhumer and Barge EHP buffs.
Crimewatch 2.0

There is plenty of shitting in everyone's cereal on both sides of this thing. What say we all just stop shitting in cereal and discuss the matter like adults, yea?

High sec should be just that high security, carebear land, hello kitty online, leave me alone to do my own thing.

For those who want pvp there is null and low. I'm sorry if you can't making a living in pvp because no one is willing to risk an expensive boat for mutual pvp but that's pvpers own fault. If no one is flying anything expensive to pvp in why do gankers need those billion isk care bear payouts anyway?

Fact is gankers enjoy the risk free and always having the upper hand life of ganking.

As I mentioned before I do think low/null could use an isk/hour buff to encourage care bears to enter space where it is fully understood you are mutually agreeing to pvp.
E-2C Hawkeye
State War Academy
Caldari State
#251 - 2014-02-28 21:11:06 UTC
BrundleMeth wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
BrundleMeth wrote:
I do not want Hi-Sec to be 100% safe in any way shape or form. But High-Sec should be safer than it is for the people who want to play there full time.

How much safer?

I understand what you're saying but it needs a quantifier. How much safer does HighSec need to be, in your opinion?

Truthfully?

Not a real whole lot I guess. Since I am the first one to say just now much I hate, hate hate, nerfing, I don't want to see any more nerfs. Maybe faster Concord action, and/or more penalties for doing "bad stuff" in hi-sec. Simply, bigger consequences...

OR

How about this. Make Null so much better so most won't WANT to bother ganking in Hi-Sec. In my humble opinion, Null should ALWAYS have the biggest and best rewards...

I agree 100%
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#252 - 2014-02-28 21:12:52 UTC
hellokittyonline wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:

The REASONS for this are

You just answered that question for me... nullsec.. and also incursions. Also I do not see an inherent problem in the rewards of nullsec (and lowsec) greatly outweighing those in high-sec as the risk should be (but may not be in the game's current state but only because there is little incentive to go to null in the first place) far greater

How does ISK come from Nullsec if you remove all bounties?

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#253 - 2014-02-28 21:13:01 UTC
hellokittyonline wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:

The REASONS for this are

Of course they will say this, as it would be an extreme conflict of interest if they were to say otherwise. More isk in the market is good TO A DEGREE, but too much isk raises prices of ships and plex (thus more people are buying plex with real money [thus conflict of interest])
Ship prices in general have shown their greatest fluctuations around factors other than isk influx changes. Plex prices have changed, but this was inevitable as the base of long term players with high isk generating abilities across professions has grown over time. Yes it will be influenced by the amount of isk injected, but will ultimately be decided by the number of players with high income, regardless of whether it's injected isk or not.
Striscio
Doomheim
#254 - 2014-02-28 21:15:29 UTC
hellokittyonline wrote:
@Striscio I never said anything that even resembles any of that. I'm not asking for nerfs to bears, I'm not asking for buffs to pirates, I'm just asking for a happy mediumyou clearly have very low IQ and are completely void of any critical thinking skills.

Delightful, i will take that as confirmation.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#255 - 2014-02-28 21:15:52 UTC
Organic Lager wrote:

High sec should be just that high security, carebear land, hello kitty online, leave me alone to do my own thing.

For those who want pvp there is null and low. I'm sorry if you can't making a living in pvp because no one is willing to risk an expensive boat for mutual pvp but that's pvpers own fault. If no one is flying anything expensive to pvp in why do gankers need those billion isk care bear payouts anyway?

Fact is gankers enjoy the risk free and always having the upper hand life of ganking.

As I mentioned before I do think low/null could use an isk/hour buff to encourage care bears to enter space where it is fully understood you are mutually agreeing to pvp.

I'd just like to let you know that you're part of the problem.

You don't get to be safe anywhere. If you think you should be, you're playing the wrong game.

PvP is everywhere. And it should be. The color of the number in the upper left hand of the screen doesn't mean you get stop trying to defend yourself.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

hellokittyonline
Safety.
#256 - 2014-02-28 21:16:50 UTC  |  Edited by: hellokittyonline
Organic Lager wrote:

The problem is, the high sec you ask for completely deflates any hope for PvP anywhere BUT high-sec. Furthermore, I can make WAY TOO GOOD of a living BECAUSE high-sec PvE is OP. The only person you are hurting is the new players.

Furthermore, the "ganker" only has the upperhand if you give it to him

Furthermore, I'm not even talking about ganking (trading, stealing, and in general transfer of isk from a player to another player). Noone should be able to participate in this sort of Massively Multiplayer game without contributing to the Multiplayer aspect, thinking otherwise is very selfish and is a PRIME EXAMPLE of how PvEers are shitting in the cereal of others.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#257 - 2014-02-28 21:17:56 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Organic Lager wrote:

You don't get to be safe anywhere. If you think you should be, you're playing the wrong game.

PvP is everywhere. And it should be. The color of the number in the upper left hand of the screen doesn't mean you get stop trying to defend yourself.

I was wondering where you were. You've been missing all the fun. Matrix Skye even asked me to run for CSM. Holy **** can you imagine? LOL.

hellokittyonline
Safety.
#258 - 2014-02-28 21:18:44 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
hellokittyonline wrote:

The REASONS for this are

Ship prices in general have shown their greatest fluctuations around factors other than isk influx changes. Plex prices have changed, but this was inevitable as the base of long term players with high isk generating abilities across professions has grown over time. Yes it will be influenced by the amount of isk injected, but will ultimately be decided by the number of players with high income, regardless of whether it's injected isk or not.

But isk has to be injected for the amount of high income players to increase. If isk is merely changing hands the amount of high income players remains constant, as does the value of the isk itself, and subsequently the things you purchase with said isk.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#259 - 2014-02-28 21:22:07 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Organic Lager wrote:

I was wondering where you were. You've been missing all the fun. Matrix Skye even asked me to run for CSM. Holy **** can you imagine? LOL.

Yeah, I saw that, it was pretty funny. And I've been asleep, I work nights now.

I must say though, I really find some of the comments about what PvE players claim they want to be hilarious.

Because if they're even telling 25% of the truth, they want a single player game. I know all this "you're playing the game wrong! no you are!" point is there, but some people literally are playing the game wrong.

They're playing Super Mario, diving off the bottomless pits, and claiming it's a spelunking simulator rather than admit they're doing it wrong.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Organic Lager
Drinking Buddies
#260 - 2014-02-28 21:25:28 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Organic Lager wrote:

Agreed but what defence is there to a suicide gank? What defence is there from getting out played in a mission ship vs a pvp ship in a LE?

The high sec fights in eve are so 1 sided it's not even worthy of the term pvp