These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Little things in Rubicon 1.3

First post
Author
Njorg Hjartgrim
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#101 - 2014-03-03 19:58:28 UTC
Please move the "Clear All Content" button from below "Channel Settings" to the same (topmost) level of the comms channel.
What kind of tactical display doesn't provide an icon for own ship that stays on? Please fix.
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#102 - 2014-03-03 20:20:40 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
look at all the happy people ITT!

love it!

We missed you Punky \o/

You and karkur need to co-write the dev blog for this stuff and cover it in pink!

lets see what I can do a bout a dev blog and some pink stuff Blink karkur will write her own dev blog in blue

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#103 - 2014-03-04 00:34:51 UTC
Highfield wrote:
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Just got this message on the test server when I tried to jump a gate or dock in a station.

Last time I was on SiSi I logged out in space.

Cargo space

How did I get more m3 into it than it can hold.

Happens when you load a ship, and then fit modules that adversely influence cargo capacity (like overdrive injectors) or remove expanders.

Perhaps but I didn't change anything to my fit while in space. And it shouldn't have let me exceed my cargo space.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#104 - 2014-03-04 02:42:47 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Highfield wrote:
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Just got this message on the test server when I tried to jump a gate or dock in a station.

Cargo space

Happens when you load a ship, and then fit modules that adversely influence cargo capacity (like overdrive injectors) or remove expanders.

Perhaps but I didn't change anything to my fit while in space. And it shouldn't have let me exceed my cargo space.

The Bastion Module was increased in volume significantly for (very good) balance reasons fairly recently. If you had one of those in your hold thatwould explain it.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Stop Looking
Nefarious Activities
#105 - 2014-03-04 05:05:35 UTC
Hmm, how about bringing the setting for windows snap distances back? or at least allow me to disable it instead of having it set to the default snap at 10.
This setting disapeared from the options menu some time ago and has been annyoing the hell out of me...
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2014-03-04 06:12:20 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Highfield wrote:
Caviar Liberta wrote:

Cargo space

The Bastion Module was increased in volume significantly for (very good) balance reasons fairly recently. If you had one of those in your hold thatwould explain it.

Didn't have one of those in the hold. Just ammo, drones and some other items.
Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#107 - 2014-03-04 11:25:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Charlie Firpol
CCP karkur wrote:

since all the input fields are connected, the lowest option of the slider needs to be the lowest number you can put in the input fields. 0.5AU is 74799000 km, which might be a higher value than you want to use, so having it go from 0 allows you to pick any km you want and just makes sense to us

Please give us a fast option for a "short DScan" like, a couple hundret thousand kilometers. It doesnt matter if its 200k km, 500k km, 50k km but "short 360 scan" is, together with 5 degree maxrange scan, the most used settings in factional warfare.

When I fly around solo or scouting for a fleet, I need to change between those 2 settings constantly, several times per system.

Edit: 50 000 km would be too small, at least 150 000km please :)

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

Rab See
Stellar Dynamics
#108 - 2014-03-04 11:41:42 UTC
Charlie Firpol wrote:
CCP karkur wrote:

since all the input fields are connected, the lowest option of the slider needs to be the lowest number you can put in the input fields. 0.5AU is 74799000 km, which might be a higher value than you want to use, so having it go from 0 allows you to pick any km you want and just makes sense to us

Please give us a fast option for a "short DScan" like, a couple hundret thousand kilometers. It doesnt matter if its 200k km, 500k km, 50k km but "short 360 scan" is, together with 5 degree maxrange scan, the most used settings in factional warfare.

When I fly around solo or scouting for a fleet, I need to change between those 2 settings constantly, several times per system.

This would be good, something akin to the scan probe 'saved settings' option. I am constantly using specific setting mixed with more general ones. Ballache to get back to the specific ones.
Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#109 - 2014-03-04 16:40:36 UTC
I hope this isn't to late:

CCP Karkur and CCP Punkturis

Is it possible to add a column "watch list" style column to the overview.
Pros: Easier for logistic ships to see who or what needs healing. Would also reduce the number of windows on a persons screen.
Cons: Might be to easy for logistics to see peoples health. If it displays the health for everything on grid, could be a lot of information, so would need options to limit which groups are shown.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#110 - 2014-03-04 16:52:52 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:

Pros: Easier for logistic ships to see who or what needs healing. Would also reduce the number of windows on a persons screen.
Cons: Might be to easy for logistics to see peoples health. If it displays the health for everything on grid, could be a lot of information, so would need options to limit which groups are shown.
It's very expensive to send information about everyone's health to everyone on the grid and is not something we could now easily do without a risking performance. The watchlist only had max 10 people until 2 or so years ago because of that.

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#111 - 2014-03-04 17:42:54 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Amarisen Gream wrote:

It's very expensive to send information about everyone's health to everyone on the grid and is not something we could now easily do without a risking performance. The watchlist only had max 10 people until 2 or so years ago because of that.

Thank you! Though the feature would be something nice. I can understand the issues with performance.
Thank you! Thank you!

Maybe someday it could at least list fleet(squad) members on a watch list column.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Callic Veratar
#112 - 2014-03-04 18:12:03 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Amarisen Gream wrote:

Would it be possible to display that information in a column for ships either on watch list or locked? It wouldn't be for everything just the, theoretically, 22 ships (10 watch and 12 locked) that the user can already see.
Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#113 - 2014-03-04 19:32:19 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Amarisen Gream wrote:

Could it include something to show who is taking damage? This doesn't require additional information as the servers already send details as to who is shooting at what to create the effects.
Jinn Aideron
#114 - 2014-03-04 23:04:35 UTC
Hoping that DScan may permeate into TQ soon, I elect to begin my post with quoting this truth I like, about coding in general:

"We can do anything, we can't do everything."

That said, nothing really stops us forum creatures from constructively fantasizing, while CCP karkur is absent doing real work, and steeling herself against all feature creep.

Rab See wrote:
Charlie Firpol wrote:
So, I thought about how this could look, assignable tuples of range and angle, saved at least for the session, and - this I find important - super-unobtrusive in the scanning task flow ergonomics. To illustrate: a button with drop-down combo box would involve click-select-(scroll?)-click-clickscan. And that's only using a save, not even creating it! Not all that helpful.

What sprung to mind early was adding a fixed number of, say 4, buttons left of 'Scan', just a digit in a rectangle really, that'll work as follows:
  • On click (clientsession-)memorize the currently set 2-tuple (range, angle) AND THEN execute scan.
  • On click with no prior manual manipulation of range OR angle execute memorized scan; no saving anything, not even bother shifting the slider/textfields to memorized values.

Please let this sink, and now go through your usual scanning routines in your head with this addition. Finished? Ok.

One issue, obviously, is the detection of prior manual manipulation: I believe this feasible. But further there is a conflict with auto-executing scan after manual range-slider or angle change which we today very comfortably enjoy.

Since you are here (Rab See, Charlie Firpol, everyone really) and interested, I thought I'd ask your input. Any creative solution on how to bring your ideas to fruition? And/or on the above?

Stealth deletes are bad.

Jinn Aideron
#115 - 2014-03-04 23:22:06 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
  • You can now specify words to filter out in chat, and also words to hightlight. You can choose to have the highlighted words always blink the chat tab, even though the channel is set "Blink Off"
Was wondering (famous last words Big smile) how extensible your current implementation would be to accomodate the currently tested on Sisi comma-separated pattern string word filters optionally prefixed with RGB color values for their highlight in chat?

E.g.,
[#RRGGBB:]PATTERNSTRING, ...

Hey, it's all client-side, so why not? Blink *ducksrunshides*

Stealth deletes are bad.

Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#116 - 2014-03-05 11:02:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Charlie Firpol
Jinn Aideron wrote:

Since you are here (Rab See, Charlie Firpol, everyone really) and interested, I thought I'd ask your input. Any creative solution on how to bring your ideas to fruition? And/or on the above?

Oh, I dont want any of that saveable, dropdown menu thingy stuff.

Atm on the test server there is that totally awesome range slider, which has several ranges saved, like 0km, 1 AU, 5 AU etc.

All I want is PLEASE add one more option to that bar! 200 000 km!

This alone would basically cut the time I have to spend messing with the dscan in half in factional warfare.

Edit:

I thought it would maybe help to explain why this change is so importand for me. This is how scouting in factional warfare works most of the time.

- You jump into a system - maxrange 360 DSCAN
- You activate tracking camera, click on a complex (those are the things with acceleration gates)
- maxrange 5 degree DSCAN to see whats inside or at the complex
- scan all other complexes in 14 AU range
- warp to whatever complex has potential hostiles
- once you landed at the acceleration gate (and you´re not already engaged), short range 360 DSCAN.
Shortrange means, short enough that only whoever is inside that complex will be in your range. Usually the acceleration gate is 10 000km to 100 000km away from the warp-in beacon inside the complex.

The lowest pre-set range on sisi is atm 1 AU. That is too big! Often these compelxes spawn quite near to gates, stations etc and you really only want to see what is inside the complex, not what might be at a nearby gate or something.
So, without a smaller pre-set range, I would have to change the range manually to around 200 000km every time I want to scout a complex that is near to something.

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#117 - 2014-03-05 11:06:40 UTC
Charlie Firpol wrote:
Jinn Aideron wrote:

Atm on the test server there is that totally awesome range slider, which has several ranges saved, like 0km, 1 AU, 5 AU etc.

This alone would basically cut the time I have to spend messing with the dscan in half in factional warfare.

We just changed the lowest value on the slider to 100 000 km (can go lower with the km field), and changed it so a scan is performed on releasing the slider.

Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#118 - 2014-03-05 11:17:15 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Charlie Firpol wrote:
Jinn Aideron wrote:

We just changed the lowest value on the slider to 100 000 km (can go lower with the km field), and changed it so a scan is performed on releasing the slider.

Wow you just posted while I was editing my post oO Thank you a lot!

I really dont want to be picky here but ehm...exactly 100 000km is too close. Some complexes have a distance between acceleration gate and the warp-in beacon of exactly 100 000km, so this would get some wacky results once whoever is inside slowboats a couple of kilometers away from that beacon in the wrong direction.

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#119 - 2014-03-05 13:22:31 UTC
Charlie Firpol wrote:
CCP karkur wrote:
Charlie Firpol wrote:
Jinn Aideron wrote:

Wow you just posted while I was editing my post oO Thank you a lot!

I really dont want to be picky here but ehm...exactly 100 000km is too close. Some complexes have a distance between acceleration gate and the warp-in beacon of exactly 100 000km, so this would get some wacky results once whoever is inside slowboats a couple of kilometers away from that beacon in the wrong direction.

Oops, Fozzie just pointed out to me that I wrote the wrong distance... it's actually 1 million, which we think will cover those cases well. Would that work for your use case? And if it doesn't, why not?

Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#120 - 2014-03-05 13:59:15 UTC
1 mil km is very good, thank you a LOT again!