These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Hulkageddon V: Unholy Union update: TONIGHT AT 0:00

Author
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#221 - 2011-12-26 04:44:43 UTC
Drake Draconis wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Juliana Stinger wrote:
Hope you achieve your goal and all miners leave the game, so the prices on ships in the market jump in to the heaven.


Miners have very little to do with the Eve economy.



Ah yes...because minerals just "magically" appear out of thin air right?


No they appear when you reprocess mission loot, everyone knows that Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#222 - 2011-12-26 05:26:31 UTC
Drake Draconis wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Juliana Stinger wrote:
Hope you achieve your goal and all miners leave the game, so the prices on ships in the market jump in to the heaven.


Miners have very little to do with the Eve economy.



Ah yes...because minerals just "magically" appear out of thin air right?

Trap sprung!

The vast majority of minerals that are used to build stuff in Eve come from mission runners reprocessing loot and botters killing millions of drones in the drone regions. People who actually sit in a ship and watch mining lasers provide a fraction of a drop in the bucket.

Every time Hulkageddon (or something similar like our very successful Gallente ice interdiction) comes around some fruitloop threatens to convince all the miners to quit the game and really show us meanies. It's a completely empty threat.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Sycho Pathic
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#223 - 2011-12-26 05:29:27 UTC
You guys need to push the envelope a bit and come up with something new.
Hulkageddon is Eve's equivalent of a Habbo raid, now.
Palmput
Oruze Cruise
White Stag Exit Bag
#224 - 2011-12-26 11:20:22 UTC
What if you started a blockade on any and all Russian bots? An afk cloaker in every system!
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#225 - 2011-12-26 11:30:33 UTC
Palmput wrote:
What if you started a blockade on any and all Russian bots? An afk cloaker in every system!


That'd be funny, but you won't have anything to show for it at the end, like a bunch of killmails.

http://www.wormholes.info

Cregg Neir
Doomheim
#226 - 2011-12-28 00:46:59 UTC
Lack of details indicates this event is not actually going to happen. Not that anybody cares. Ganking miner ships is the new pvp in Eve at this point, don't need to organize it. So much easier to pretend shooting a miner is a noble act after all.
Mia Trouble
Phoenix Hell Raiser
Malicious Mineral Hounds
#227 - 2011-12-28 13:41:34 UTC
So do any prizes go to the hulks that get kills Should only be fair. The hulk pilot that gets most kills wins something Shocked

I am optimistically pessimistic 

Brom MkLeith
Epsilon Inc
#228 - 2011-12-28 19:47:53 UTC
Yes there is a new sport in EvE. Bullfighting EvE style. Be a Matador. Go to http://griefer-geddon.blogspot.com for more information


Mia Trouble wrote:
So do any prizes go to the hulks that get kills Should only be fair. The hulk pilot that gets most kills wins something Shocked

Drake Draconis
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#229 - 2011-12-28 22:30:02 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Drake Draconis wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Juliana Stinger wrote:
Hope you achieve your goal and all miners leave the game, so the prices on ships in the market jump in to the heaven.


Miners have very little to do with the Eve economy.



Ah yes...because minerals just "magically" appear out of thin air right?

Trap sprung!

The vast majority of minerals that are used to build stuff in Eve come from mission runners reprocessing loot and botters killing millions of drones in the drone regions. People who actually sit in a ship and watch mining lasers provide a fraction of a drop in the bucket.

Every time Hulkageddon (or something similar like our very successful Gallente ice interdiction) comes around some fruitloop threatens to convince all the miners to quit the game and really show us meanies. It's a completely empty threat.


then logic would dictate that you should be attacking mission runners and not miners.

Your words....not mine.

================ STOP THE EVEMAIL SPAM! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=78152

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#230 - 2011-12-29 00:33:53 UTC
Brom MkLeith wrote:
Yes there is a new sport in EvE. Bullfighting EvE style. Be a Matador. Go to http://griefer-geddon.blogspot.com for more information


Mia Trouble wrote:
So do any prizes go to the hulks that get kills Should only be fair. The hulk pilot that gets most kills wins something Shocked



Hehe, that is one crappy site. The Hulkageddon sites show a lot of pride in work, making Hulkageddon the superior event Bear

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Slappy Andven
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#231 - 2011-12-30 01:26:19 UTC
Drake Draconis wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Drake Draconis wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Juliana Stinger wrote:
Hope you achieve your goal and all miners leave the game, so the prices on ships in the market jump in to the heaven.


Miners have very little to do with the Eve economy.



Ah yes...because minerals just "magically" appear out of thin air right?

Trap sprung!

The vast majority of minerals that are used to build stuff in Eve come from mission runners reprocessing loot and botters killing millions of drones in the drone regions. People who actually sit in a ship and watch mining lasers provide a fraction of a drop in the bucket.

Every time Hulkageddon (or something similar like our very successful Gallente ice interdiction) comes around some fruitloop threatens to convince all the miners to quit the game and really show us meanies. It's a completely empty threat.


then logic would dictate that you should be attacking mission runners and not miners.

Your words....not mine.


Oh gods yes. Please, please be stupid enough to come take a shot at my mission runner. Really. That would be AWESOME.

-- 

Slappy Andven

CEO Natural Born Killas

Drake Draconis
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#232 - 2011-12-30 02:09:33 UTC
Slappy Andven wrote:

Oh gods yes. Please, please be stupid enough to come take a shot at my mission runner. Really. That would be AWESOME.


I believe a challenge has been issued to Ladie Harlot LolLolTwisted

================ STOP THE EVEMAIL SPAM! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=78152

Hofbrau Dunkel
Holy Prophets of the Booke of Randall
#233 - 2011-12-30 04:03:16 UTC
Drake Draconis wrote:

then logic would dictate that you should be attacking mission runners and not miners.

Your words....not mine.

If the goal is to make everything more expensive, then yes. However, correct me if I'm wrong but generally the goal of Hulkageddon is to get easy kills for the lulz.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#234 - 2011-12-30 04:23:19 UTC
Hofbrau Dunkel wrote:
Drake Draconis wrote:

then logic would dictate that you should be attacking mission runners and not miners.

Your words....not mine.

If the goal is to make everything more expensive, then yes. However, correct me if I'm wrong but generally the goal of Hulkageddon is to get easy kills for the lulz.


No, the goal of Hulkageddon is to teach complacent people that hisec isn't safe Bear

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#235 - 2011-12-30 14:06:59 UTC
Drake Draconis wrote:
then logic would dictate that you should be attacking mission runners and not miners.

Your words....not mine.

Your logic only works if we cared about where minerals come from. We don't.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#236 - 2011-12-30 14:09:28 UTC
To be honest I *love* the botters in the drone regions for providing a steady supply of cheap ships that I can use against the real enemies of Eve: high sec pubbies who think they are completely safe.

As for mission runners...anybody who has ever run a mission in Eve knows that they are griefing themselves. I don't have to do anything to make them miserable.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Killstealing
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#237 - 2011-12-30 15:18:37 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
I *love* the botters in the drone regions for providing a steady supply of cheap ships that I can use against the real enemies of Eve: high sec pubbies who think they are completely safe

this. this is me.
Drake Draconis
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#238 - 2011-12-30 15:42:43 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Drake Draconis wrote:
then logic would dictate that you should be attacking mission runners and not miners.

Your words....not mine.

Your logic only works if we cared about where minerals come from. We don't.


Nice cop out.

================ STOP THE EVEMAIL SPAM! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=78152

Honorson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#239 - 2011-12-30 16:03:48 UTC
as a carebear i am loving this. +10 kudos

Putting fear into the markets driving prices skyhigh.
This coupled with the +130% increase in mex prices is a carebears dream.

in one hour i purchased and refined several billion worth of ship some giving +10% to 40% profit in mineral price exchange
yes this will dry out but lets rinse this while we still can,making hundreds of millions if not billions per day without even leaving stations.

do not keep the minerals sell them flood the market drive those prices to the point of collapse swing this around and kick em where it hurts

Remove the saturation of ships.modules on markets = Cha-ching better markets and profit margins when the prices settle

if mining in highsec becomes very low profit due to mineral saturation then the demand for replacement hulks after the Geddon will drop giving back a little of the pain

Spelling / Gramma sorry left those behind when i soiled my POD

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#240 - 2011-12-30 17:52:38 UTC
Everyone knows the minerals come from the market Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny