These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[CLRGY] A Return & That which Binds Us - Amarr

Author
Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#21 - 2011-11-14 13:44:13 UTC
I can feel the love of God! Really! It is in this very thread!

Oh, on second thought, its just Kazzzi.

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#22 - 2011-11-14 18:28:22 UTC
Kahar Dex wrote:

Lyn Farel wrote:
Lord Dex,

I am curious now. You speak about how the Amarr loyalists have suffered hardships and most of them disappeared, and how they come back with strenght. But for what, and with what in mind ? I almost read your announcement like an omen, announcement of something to come.

You read correctly Pilot Farel.

Well, my apologies in advance for saying it so rude, but your announcement does not tell us anything. Even reading it again and again, it just sounds like a lot of talk for a lot of void to me.

Could you elaborate a little what is the concrete things that I have probably missed ?
Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#23 - 2011-11-14 18:52:43 UTC
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a substantive answer Pilot Farel.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#24 - 2011-11-14 22:18:03 UTC
Ruah Piskonit wrote:

look in the mirror, there you will not only find a source of never ending hilarity, but also revulsion, alienation and hypocrisy. Your kind embody all that is sick with your imperial republic. At least we promise salvation, you promise nothing.

Oh, so my being confined to either a sweltering-hot factory with no rest for three straight days or a badly-insulated hut with a dirt floor and no bed was salvation?

Glad to know that my soul is worth more to you than my physical safety. It's really reasurring to fnd out that you're about as valuable as the lamp by your bedside.

I can't get rid of my darn signature!  Oh, wait....

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#25 - 2011-11-14 22:49:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Silas Vitalia
Astrid Stjerna wrote:

Glad to know that my soul is worth more to you than my physical safety.

This is correct.

For Brother Dex, at least. I've always thought being overly worried about conversions are a waste of time, if people don't want to save themselves I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it....

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#26 - 2011-11-14 23:03:15 UTC
Silas Vitalia wrote:
Astrid Stjerna wrote:

This is correct.

For Brother Dex, at least. I've always thought being overly worried about conversions are a waste of time, if people don't want to save themselves I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it....

You miss my point:

If my salvation is worth more than my life, it's not a faith I'm in a rush to embrace.

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#27 - 2011-11-14 23:11:01 UTC
Astrid Stjerna wrote:
Silas Vitalia wrote:
Astrid Stjerna wrote:

This is correct.

You miss my point:

If my salvation is worth more than my life, it's not a faith I'm in a rush to embrace.

Ahh my dear, then you miss my point, in that for many of us it matters not if you are in a rush or not to embrace the Faith, it will eventually come to you all regardless.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#28 - 2011-11-14 23:38:29 UTC
Silas Vitalia wrote:
Astrid Stjerna wrote:
Silas Vitalia wrote:
Astrid Stjerna wrote:

This is correct.

You miss my point:

Ahh my dear, then you miss my point, in that for many of us it matters not if you are in a rush or not to embrace the Faith, it will eventually come to you all regardless.

Why should I embrace a religion that openly claims to care more about my soul than my life?

Conventia Underking
Underking Family
Khimi Harar
#29 - 2011-11-15 00:11:01 UTC
Welcome back, Overseer.

Ava Starfire wrote:
I can feel the love of God! Really! It is in this very thread!

Oh, on second thought, its just Kazzzi.

I can see you are living up to expectations, again, Shaman Starfire.

For God; Salvation is Imperative, but not at the cost of our Humanity!

The Vitoc Problem - Conventia Underking

Andreus Ixiris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2011-11-15 06:34:25 UTC
Astrid Stjerna wrote:
Why should I embrace a religion that openly claims to care more about my soul than my life?

You shouldn't. Ignore the crazy people - they don't really have a firm conception of what they're saying.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#31 - 2011-11-15 06:46:22 UTC
Silas Vitalia wrote:

No, it won't. The final confrontation between you people and the rest of the great nations will result in untold death, destruction and suffering but, not the adoption of your twisted religion.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Andreus Ixiris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2011-11-15 07:01:42 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:
No, it won't. The final confrontation between you people and the rest of the great nations will result in untold death, destruction and suffering but, not the adoption of your twisted religion.

Well, don't you see, Anna? Those are acceptable losses.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#33 - 2011-11-15 07:19:04 UTC
Ruah Piskonit wrote:

look in the mirror, there you will not only find a source of never ending hilarity, but also revulsion, alienation and hypocrisy. Your kind embody all that is sick with your imperial republic. At least we promise salvation, you promise nothing.

Pro-tip:

Ad hominem by way of demagoguery works better when you actually know when/how to use all those big grown-up words.

Apropos nothing else whatsoever: "imperial republic?" Shouldn't that be our line? Hey, now that I think of it, why not? We can even start doing our own Reclaiming: Worship the Great Ultra-Super-Duper-God of...errrm...well...Something-or-Other, or die in torment, ye heretics!

((Tarryn grins ferociously) I wonder if I can impress this charming Khanid woman I've been wanting to meet with that--she does have a rather sarcastic sense of humour and a fine appreciation for irony, sooooo...)

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Ascentior
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#34 - 2011-11-15 09:31:43 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
There's an old saying - "promise nothing you cannot deliver". Perhaps Amarrians should look into it sometime.

This old saying that you've been told, I think maybe you've misinterpreted it. I think this was just some advice that someone who knew you might have imparted.
"Promise nothing; You cannot deliver."

Admiral of PIE Inc., Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris (See 'PIE Public' for recruitment)

Honorary Fabricator-General of the Imperial Navy

Chosen by God to serve the Empire.

Arkady Sadik
Gradient
Electus Matari
#35 - 2011-11-15 10:39:40 UTC
Quote:
That which Binds Us - Amarr
A very Minmatar thread title, I have to admit.
Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#36 - 2011-11-15 12:57:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Rodj Blake
Astrid Stjerna wrote:

Because your soul is eternal while physical life is not, and because life isn't worth living without a soul.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Bataar Sertan
7th Kihtaled Uhlans
#37 - 2011-11-15 14:43:19 UTC
welcome back overseer
Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#38 - 2011-11-15 16:05:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Astrid Stjerna
Rodj Blake wrote:
Astrid Stjerna wrote:

Because your soul is eternal while physical life is not, and because life isn't worth living without a soul.

I've had this argument a dozen times already.

My soul (if there is such a thing) doesn't need your help -- and certainly not the kind of 'help' I had under your leash for so many years. Your vsion of 'salvation' -- beatings, starvings, forced labor -- serves only to drive the Matari that much farther away from your 'message'.

Here's a question for you: how is a person supposed to accept 'salvation' when they're dead from years of abuse? Can a dead body be 'saved'?

Kahar Dex
Imperial Dreams
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#39 - 2011-11-15 16:59:08 UTC
Lyn Farel wrote:
Kahar Dex wrote:

Lyn Farel wrote:
Lord Dex,

I am curious now. You speak about how the Amarr loyalists have suffered hardships and most of them disappeared, and how they come back with strenght. But for what, and with what in mind ? I almost read your announcement like an omen, announcement of something to come.

You read correctly Pilot Farel.

Well, my apologies in advance for saying it so rude, but your announcement does not tell us anything. Even reading it again and again, it just sounds like a lot of talk for a lot of void to me.

Could you elaborate a little what is the concrete things that I have probably missed ?

Do you think that stating your perception of my words being empty/idle chatter would solicit a substantive response of elaboration?

An omen does not need to be anything more than just that, especially for those who consider it to be "a lot of talk for a lot of void".

Things are beginning once again to stir for the bloc. Those loyal to God, Empire, and Empress will find themselves involved each according to their faithfulness. The strong of faith seek one another that iron may sharpen iron so one brother may sharpen another.

His Eminence Cardinal Kahar Dex of the CVA and Imperial Dreams. Follow The Cardinal: @kahardex

Ascentior
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#40 - 2011-11-15 19:00:03 UTC
Astrid Stjerna wrote:
Here's a question for you: how is a person supposed to accept 'salvation' when they're dead from years of abuse? Can a dead body be 'saved'?

Has this thread been derailed by arguments between two immovable opinions? Yes. Perhaps you could come speak to someone in one of our public channels to help you understand. Of course it isn't much use, as your soul is already forfeit, just as mine is, since we are abominations.

Welcome back Overseer. It is good to see someone with such strength and conviction return to our midst

Admiral of PIE Inc., Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris (See 'PIE Public' for recruitment)

Honorary Fabricator-General of the Imperial Navy

Chosen by God to serve the Empire.