These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

FW farming.... It's getting REALLY lame.

Author
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#21 - 2014-02-23 06:50:29 UTC
Little example:

I entered a small plex. There had been a WT Executioner on short scan. He was gone when I loaded grid. I expanded my d-scan to full range. There was nothing - hence a cloaker. The button had 26 minutes on the timer.

I ran it down to zero. There was a novice available in local. I kept expecting the WT to decloak and warp out. The timer hit neutral and powered past.... still cloaked. 14 minutes, 13 minutes, 12 minutes - enough time to run over to the novice.... still cloaked. It wasn't until the plex finished and I was warping out that he showed back up on dscan. I entered the novice. He was on short scan moments later. He didn't come in and left the system....

That behavior to me was super suspicious. Just to put a cherry on top - he was in the Gallente FW Corp.
ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#22 - 2014-02-23 07:40:15 UTC
and you dont think we get cloaked stabbed amarr farmers round our way?

I really dont understand the gals over ur way tho theres plenty of farm ground here and were at a ****** tier too
Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#23 - 2014-02-23 07:46:10 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
Little example:

I entered a small plex. There had been a WT Executioner on short scan. He was gone when I loaded grid. I expanded my d-scan to full range. There was nothing - hence a cloaker. The button had 26 minutes on the timer.

I ran it down to zero. There was a novice available in local. I kept expecting the WT to decloak and warp out. The timer hit neutral and powered past.... still cloaked. 14 minutes, 13 minutes, 12 minutes - enough time to run over to the novice.... still cloaked. It wasn't until the plex finished and I was warping out that he showed back up on dscan. I entered the novice. He was on short scan moments later. He didn't come in and left the system....

That behavior to me was super suspicious. Just to put a cherry on top - he was in the Gallente FW Corp.

Not really suspicious. Bigger plex = bigger payout. The majority of the time the people chasing the farmer are not dedicated enough to run the timer. So they just cloak until you leave. You happened to be one he guessed wrong on.
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#24 - 2014-02-23 08:30:14 UTC
If CCP changes FW, i want a way to reset my standings to neutral across the board.

I'll immediately leave FW, so I'll want the ability to play wherever I want since CCP ruined FW.

Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2014-02-23 10:34:30 UTC
WT systems have so many juicy pods that disposable alts are becoming a chore.
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#26 - 2014-02-23 10:41:53 UTC
Flyinghotpocket wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:

We should all vote for a CSM who campaigns on a platform that includes Timer Rollbacks.

i think we are all scarred from our previous csm representative of fw. maybe its time for our side to have one. maybe me or damar should run xDDD

DAMAR FOR CSM!!!

+1

:D

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#27 - 2014-02-23 10:50:12 UTC
lol hed last a day and get kicked off for spewing ccp bias
l0rd carlos
the king asked me to guard the mountain
#28 - 2014-02-23 10:55:39 UTC
To stop or benefit from the farming we just need a simple FW ESS :)

Either they come out with their main and fight your (That is what we want) or we get a 20% of their lp (which also is nice)

Win-win

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#29 - 2014-02-23 10:58:25 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

I really dont understand the gals over ur way tho theres plenty of farm ground here and were at a ****** tier too

I can explain it: Not gals are farming the amarr/mintard fw zone. All these gals are minnie alts.
They never learned howto fight for a warzone. They are not relying on farmers. They ARE the farmers.
Minmatar militia is only casual wannabe pvp. Mainly they are farmers and carebears grinding isk.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#30 - 2014-02-23 11:02:40 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

I can explain it: Not gals are farming the amarr/mintard fw zone. All these gals are minnie alts.
They never learned howto fight for a warzone. They are not relying on farmers. They ARE the farmers.
Minmatar militia is only casual wannabe pvp. Mainly they are farmers and carebears grinding isk.

Still doesnt explain them using gal alts with our tier

And please dont say that amarr arnt farmers too with there high tier all u see over there is plexers and mission farmers funny how everything looks different through ur rose tinted specs
Takanuro
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#31 - 2014-02-23 11:09:36 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

And please dont say that amarr arnt farmers too with there high tier all u see over there is plexers and mission farmers funny how everything looks different through ur rose tinted specs

Jita SFI Sell: 59 Mil.
Jita VNI Sell: 107mil.

You do the Math!

Yes, we're going to die, but you're coming with us!

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#32 - 2014-02-23 11:18:53 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

Yeah we are all farmers too^^
Thats why we didn´t go tier4 already weeks ago because we didn´t bust the bunkers.
But yeah we are farmers that didn´t want iter4.

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#33 - 2014-02-23 11:30:45 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
i see if its not ur point its a wrong point ey colt..

what im saying is that all races have farmers no race is a specific farmer race cos as soon as tiers rise more people dogpile the situation .

you have just as many farmers as the other races. You also forget u recently had a t4 before it swung back a little
do you even read what u write before u press post?
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#34 - 2014-02-23 12:56:18 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

what im saying is that all races have farmers no race is a specific farmer race cos as soon as tiers rise more people dogpile the situation .

you have just as many farmers as the other races. You also forget u recently had a t4 before it swung back a little

Gratz.
You have proved that you have no clue what you are writing about.
Minnies were Tier4. Then amarr went tier 3 with maybe 10 systems left on vulnerable state. No one busted these bunkers to go tier4. Amarr olyl did fight for home systems like Bos and Eszur (to kick minnie butt) but didn´t like to go tier4.
Minnies would have already been in carebear bomber tier4 mode as always....
But we didn´t care. And tbh most of us are tired "fighting" a carebear blob militia so actually most of us absolutely don´t care.

Epikurus
TheBlacklist
#35 - 2014-02-23 13:52:34 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Epikurus wrote:
It's worth bearing in mind that the farming dynamic helps keep FW balanced and swinging from one side to another. Things would get a bit boring if one side could dominate permanently and the fact that there is a good reason for the farmers to switch sides periodically helps keep the playground fresh and helps avoid the kind of torpor we see in null.

Timer rollbacks for home system defence (make it a bit easier), but it will do nothing for farming the hinterlands because people will still get bored to tears chasing stabbed alts. Which is how it ought to be.

My guess is that CCP views FW as a huge isk sink for the overall economy and is afraid to adjust anything about it that will affect that sink. Otherwise they would have implemented timer rollbacks already.

We should all vote for a CSM who campaigns on a platform that includes Timer Rollbacks.

It's more likely because timer rollbacks are a terrible idea that favour the defender far too much Blink

Dual timers and a first past the post system would address many of the concerns rollbacks are trying to fix but without making things too unbalanced.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#36 - 2014-02-23 14:46:58 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Epikurus wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Epikurus wrote:
It's worth bearing in mind that the farming dynamic helps keep FW balanced and swinging from one side to another. Things would get a bit boring if one side could dominate permanently and the fact that there is a good reason for the farmers to switch sides periodically helps keep the playground fresh and helps avoid the kind of torpor we see in null.

Timer rollbacks for home system defence (make it a bit easier), but it will do nothing for farming the hinterlands because people will still get bored to tears chasing stabbed alts. Which is how it ought to be.

My guess is that CCP views FW as a huge isk sink for the overall economy and is afraid to adjust anything about it that will affect that sink. Otherwise they would have implemented timer rollbacks already.

It's more likely because timer rollbacks are a terrible idea that favour the defender far too much Blink

Dual timers and a first past the post system would address many of the concerns rollbacks are trying to fix but without making things too unbalanced.

Whatever. CCP should address the farming issue at some point and ought to be considering more than just Timer Rollbacks and Dual Timer proposals.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#37 - 2014-02-23 15:16:35 UTC
Epikurus wrote:

lol. Sounds dangerous. It could even lead to explosions. Lets make plexes instanced where only one ship can enter at the same time and everybody can farm side by side without interruptions, perfectly balanced for both sides. No need to dscan or to press the cloak button.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#38 - 2014-02-23 15:34:58 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

The cross-militia farmer alts aren't the worry. His behavior was. I'm stating it here so if anyone else notices the same things -

not leaving the plex when it's clear I'm going to run it till it closes.
decloaked immediately upon me leaving the plex.
Warping to short on the next plex even though that is exactly where I went.

In short I'm highly suspicious I came across a bot. There are quite a few Amarr plexes to run right now. He did have a target rich environment.
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#39 - 2014-02-23 15:38:37 UTC
l0rd carlos wrote:
To stop or benefit from the farming we just need a simple FW ESS :)

Either they come out with their main and fight your (That is what we want) or we get a 20% of their lp (which also is nice)

Win-win

I've heard this proposed a couple of different ways. Bubbles inside the plexes would be bad. It penalizes brawler setups and would cause all kind of pod loss rage. Bubbles in low sec are bad.

The alternative - a system wide FW ESS would be a pirate paradise. Most corps are lucky if they can throw 7 people together outside of a home system. Against a 20 man roam? Not going to happen.
ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
#40 - 2014-02-23 16:08:19 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

Gratz.
You have proved that you have no clue what you are writing about.
Minnies were Tier4. Then amarr went tier 3 with maybe 10 systems left on vulnerable state. No one busted these bunkers to go tier4. Amarr olyl did fight for home systems like Bos and Eszur (to kick minnie butt) but didn´t like to go tier4.
Minnies would have already been in carebear bomber tier4 mode as always....
But we didn´t care. And tbh most of us are tired "fighting" a carebear blob militia so actually most of us absolutely don´t care.

Did i not say u guys had t4 before minnies swung it back a little think u need to clean those reading glasses there colt