These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Join CCP with our New Player Mining Fleet this Saturday at 18:00

First post
Author
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#21 - 2014-02-22 19:23:41 UTC
I'm sure that the "New Order" will have a field day with this one.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Tesco Ergo Sum
#22 - 2014-02-22 19:26:04 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
I'm sure that the "New Order" will have a field day with this one.

Not showed yet, are they still relevant?

PL put on a good show.
Dave Stark
#23 - 2014-02-22 20:13:55 UTC
there was 1 failed gank attempt, that was basically it.
MailDeadDrop
Archon Industries
#24 - 2014-02-22 21:57:02 UTC  |  Edited by: MailDeadDrop
So CCP Eterne, what did we learn? I have a list for you:

1. Initial fleet setup: not for amateurs. Also: MOTD is your friend.
  2. Eve voice sucks. Still. I mean, when it works, it works ok. But it's that initial getting it to work that is still flakey.
  3. If you're going to give away free ships, one should also bring the skillbooks that said ship requires.
  4. One must *share* the Orca's Ship Maintenance Bay if one wishes fleetmates to be able to extract ships. To do that, one must click the chevron. "What chevron?" I hear CCP Logibro say...
  5. Dividing the spoils of a mining op is an exercise in, well ..., I can't really imagine an appropriately painful comparison.
  6. Asking people to use "want" contracts to divide the bounty fails on several levels: Some players aren't contract-literate, *most* players aren't "want" contract literate, and trial accounts are incapable of creating contracts. And since this was a "new player" event, it stands to reason that most of the players would fall into one of those "huh?" groups.

I don't want to discourage you from having these new player experiences. And I'm glad you had one on Saturday for a change (hope your families weren't too put out). I will *gladly* help you iron out the bumps for future events.

MDD
Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#25 - 2014-02-23 09:14:18 UTC
I agree with the list above. On the point six I recommend that you prioritize developing option to divide a stack into a number of equal sized stacks (with the leftovers staying in the original stack). It would help a lot in cases like this and would be very helpful for old and new players alike.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Wyrmlimion
Doomheim
#26 - 2014-02-23 10:09:38 UTC
They did have skill books, they were in the Orca hold for all to use.
Decarthado Aurgnet
Imperial Combat Engineers
#27 - 2014-02-25 22:40:26 UTC
Wyrmlimion wrote:
They did have skill books, they were in the Orca hold for all to use.

Yeah, but not until we reminded the ccp's that it'd be a nice thing to have for the newbies. To CCP's credit, they reacted as though they should've thought of that in the first place. If nothing else, this is probably indicative of just not having done this kind if thing before. I think it worked out well enough, all things considered.

Remove T2 BPO's or make them inventable at extreme cost.

Previous page12