These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

buff carriers (not supers)

Author
Ellendras Silver
CrashCat Corporation
#41 - 2014-02-22 15:44:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Ellendras Silver
Swiftstrike1 wrote:
Ellendras Silver wrote:
no because it can only do one of those tasks good enough at a time, if you realy fit for something you can not or hardly do the other tasks, that is called balance. sure i can sacrifice one DCU to fit a RR but that doesnt make it a super awesome logi ship

Your reasoning might be valid if carriers didnt have the ability to use each other to refit in space. Since they do have that ability however, your reasoning is not valid. Every single poster on this thread (apart from you, OP) thinks that carriers need a nerf, not a buff.

well in all fairness i actually made a mistake in the TT as i want a buff on fighters not the carrier itself. and in this i am not alone. refitting in space is cool and all, but all the modules you want to replace are all 4000m3 and you only have 10k m3 on fleet hangar. and you need to be within 2500 meters, not too mention another ship with a fitting service (so second carrier, super, orca, rorq or titan i think this limits the options more then enough

[u]Carpe noctem[/u]

Itago Gemulus
Station Spinners United
#42 - 2014-02-22 16:25:26 UTC
If we at the very least agree that carrier (the ship) dont need a buff, im sure 99% of the people here can also agree that fighters DO need some buffing :)

For that purpose i suggest -50% dmg, and make drone mods/skills work for fighters. This would make fighters ALOT better, with more EHP/speed and same dps before mods (drone interfacing 5 makes up for -50% dmg, and is needed to use fighters anyway)
Ellendras Silver
CrashCat Corporation
#43 - 2014-02-22 16:47:19 UTC
Itago Gemulus wrote:
If we at the very least agree that carrier (the ship) dont need a buff, im sure 99% of the people here can also agree that fighters DO need some buffing :)

For that purpose i suggest -50% dmg, and make drone mods/skills work for fighters. This would make fighters ALOT better, with more EHP/speed and same dps before mods (drone interfacing 5 makes up for -50% dmg, and is needed to use fighters anyway)

as i have a high skilled carrier pilot i would love that VERY much but i think that would be OP but i was thinking in the same direction. i think we should make capital versions of the current drone modules to buff fighters a bit make limit on modules so they can have max of 1 fighter damage mod, 1 speed mod and 1 tracking mod.

you also noticed that i encourage a small buff on dreads because i think they where nerfed too hard?

[u]Carpe noctem[/u]

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#44 - 2014-02-22 16:48:29 UTC
Ellendras Silver wrote:

where do you get the crazy idea that a carrier can use its reps longer??? its not hard to get a armor logi cap stable shield logi is a bit more challenging i think but lets go to carrier, if i fit like above i dont have room to fit tank and decent cap regen and i will be crying for cap a lot in combat situation.

i said i could not spread reps because i only had one rep, unless there is a secret button that lets you divide the reps from a single RR module over 2 targets, if so please tell me Shocked

so it is obviously that a carrier can do multiple things (as it should) but if you want to do one of the tasks good there isnt that much room to do the other properly, that is ok. what isnt ok is that fighters blow i trained fighters and bombers for 3,6 mil SP and they are useless i am better off with sentries in every case except when i move but fighters die way too easy due to drone aggro change and are expensive to replace

This crazy idea comes from me actually owning and flying the damn thing. And I fly logi often enough as well to know how well that works too. Unless you're fitting your logi with a buttload of cap rechargers and power relays I dont know where the hell you are getting a cap stable logi ship.

I repeat: a carriers huge capacitor allows it to run reps longer. And if you have sme sort of carrier fit that DOESN"T last more than a minute with all repair mods running please link it and i will see how it works on my ship.

And before we continue you need to stop comparing the two ships if they are fit for a seperate purpose. If your comparing a logi ship to slowcat, slowcat is more cap stable and produces morer reps, dps, etc. And in case you weren't aware most slowcat fits have TWO reps and an energy transfer, this means they can split reps. And yes it can last longer than a damn logi ship using the same amount of reps if not more. Have you seen the capacitor on a carrier recently? Hell, even my ****** niddhoggur could outlast a logi ship WITHOUT any cap mods or rigs. A logi ship is fitted with oversized reps and if it tries to use them all it drains cap like mad. Every fleet doctrine logi i have flown has the same pattern.

My point still stands, the carrier can do ALL of its roles at the same time and do them effectively. That is why they are so popular. Yes fighters suck and i havent used them in a while because of that. but if we are going to buff one role of a carrier, something else needs to give. either that or carriers need a new predator that is more than capable of killing it (I'm looking at you dreads). Carriers need to be looked at along with the other capitals in order to have a certain pecking order established.

So again, carrier: does everything
Ellendras Silver
CrashCat Corporation
#45 - 2014-02-22 17:24:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Ellendras Silver
Rowells wrote:
Ellendras Silver wrote:

where do you get the crazy idea that a carrier can use its reps longer??? its not hard to get a armor logi cap stable shield logi is a bit more challenging i think but lets go to carrier, if i fit like above i dont have room to fit tank and decent cap regen and i will be crying for cap a lot in combat situation.

i said i could not spread reps because i only had one rep, unless there is a secret button that lets you divide the reps from a single RR module over 2 targets, if so please tell me Shocked

so it is obviously that a carrier can do multiple things (as it should) but if you want to do one of the tasks good there isnt that much room to do the other properly, that is ok. what isnt ok is that fighters blow i trained fighters and bombers for 3,6 mil SP and they are useless i am better off with sentries in every case except when i move but fighters die way too easy due to drone aggro change and are expensive to replace

This crazy idea comes from me actually owning and flying the damn thing. And I fly logi often enough as well to know how well that works too. Unless you're fitting your logi with a buttload of cap rechargers and power relays I dont know where the hell you are getting a cap stable logi ship.

I repeat: a carriers huge capacitor allows it to run reps longer. And if you have sme sort of carrier fit that DOESN"T last more than a minute with all repair mods running please link it and i will see how it works on my ship.

And before we continue you need to stop comparing the two ships if they are fit for a seperate purpose. If your comparing a logi ship to slowcat, slowcat is more cap stable and produces morer reps, dps, etc. And in case you weren't aware most slowcat fits have TWO reps and an energy transfer, this means they can split reps. And yes it can last longer than a damn logi ship using the same amount of reps if not more. Have you seen the capacitor on a carrier recently? Hell, even my ****** niddhoggur could outlast a logi ship WITHOUT any cap mods or rigs. A logi ship is fitted with oversized reps and if it tries to use them all it drains cap like mad. Every fleet doctrine logi i have flown has the same pattern.

My point still stands, the carrier can do ALL of its roles at the same time and do them effectively. That is why they are so popular. Yes fighters suck and i havent used them in a while because of that. but if we are going to buff one role of a carrier, something else needs to give. either that or carriers need a new predator that is more than capable of killing it (I'm looking at you dreads). Carriers need to be looked at along with the other capitals in order to have a certain pecking order established.

So again, carrier: does everything

jeez CCP ate my post

[u]Carpe noctem[/u]

Previous page123