These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Psianh Auvyander for CSM 9

First post
Author
Fayral
The Kronos Ritual
#41 - 2014-03-05 04:45:47 UTC
Psianh has beautiful flowing brown locks...not to be outdone by his amazing grizzly neck beard.

Vote Psianh for obvious reasons.
Cosah
Masters of Zen
Circle-Of-Two
#42 - 2014-03-05 04:55:46 UTC
Fayral wrote:
Psianh has beautiful flowing brown locks...not to be outdone by his amazing grizzly neck beard.

Vote Psianh for obvious reasons.

The lower regions of his beard are bound into an elaborate braid, eventually merging with his lavendar-conditioned chest hairs. The braid follows the length of his torso, eventually winding into the threads of his nethers. This is a man who values continuity, devotion, and a full attention to detail.

Vote Psianh Auvaynder for CSM. A vote for Psianh is a vote for adonic full-body hair sculpting.
Industrious Mistress
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2014-03-09 17:48:37 UTC
Your platform is solid. If you put as much work into the CSM as you did in those merc interviews and write ups you are going to be a great choice! Ill be voting for you.
Roland Zoidberg
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2014-03-09 17:50:50 UTC
Ill be voting for Psi!
Skree Wiit
Pink Sniffles Legion
#45 - 2014-03-09 17:52:01 UTC
I know your platform is small and medium gang warfare, this is a tangent question to that. The farms and fields inititive is something talked a lot about. How do you see that playing out? (My worry is CCP will alow the grunts in 0.0 to be more vulnerable, without giving any real rewards...like the ESS).
Brother Zahariel
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#46 - 2014-03-09 17:53:21 UTC
Sometimes when I bum him, I like to reach around and it looks like my penis has gone all the way through.

Plus, he's here representing our cultural minorities.
Psianh Auvyander
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2014-03-09 21:09:06 UTC
Skree Wiit wrote:
I know your platform is small and medium gang warfare, this is a tangent question to that. The farms and fields inititive is something talked a lot about. How do you see that playing out? (My worry is CCP will alow the grunts in 0.0 to be more vulnerable, without giving any real rewards...like the ESS).

How the farms and fields initiative will play out is impossible to tell for now. I'll bet we'll have a better grasp once we start getting summer expansion information though. If the ESS is any indication of the methodology CCP plans to use, small independent deployables may be the wave of the future.

I don't think that the ESS is a good example of not "giving any real rewards". I'm a big proponent of things like give and take, risk vs reward and the ESS offers both of those things, although not perfectly. The only complaint I really have with the ESS is the ability to place them in locations that makes them essentially immune to attack yet freely accessible for the ratter - this removes the risk, leaving only the reward.

As I said, risk vs reward coupled with a give and take mentality is important to retain going forward. When CCP presents "raiders" with something to burn, it must also give something to the "farmers" so that they'll want to use it, despite the risks. The sky is the limit here, and the only thing that would keep this from expanding is redundancy - so long as the rewards don't outweigh the risks, and vice versa.

My Blog

@wsethbrown

Tyrone Arran
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2014-03-10 20:46:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyrone Arran
The solo/small gang groups definitely need a voice and some CCP love. While these groups are far from being "dead", there is far less of this going on the there use to be, especially in Null sec wars.

While the big battles make the headlines, the smaller scale battles are where the true fun is. It is great to see that this is a high priority for you and you will be receiving my vote because of it.

-Ty
Psianh Auvyander
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2014-03-11 00:21:52 UTC
Tyrone Arran wrote:
The solo/small gang groups definitely need a voice and some CCP love. While these groups are far from being "dead", there is far less of this going on the there use to be, especially in Null sec wars.

While the big battles make the headlines, the smaller scale battles are where the true fun is. It is great to see that this is a high priority for you and you will be receiving my vote because of it.

-Ty

I appreciate that, Ty. I want to provide players who engage in small and medium sized warfare a representative who wants to ensure that their game play is supported and encouraged. We're at a very important point in EVE's history where this is a big topic; it's important that we have someone who will continue sharing this message with CCP and ensuring the game remains a healthy, fun place for everyone.

My Blog

@wsethbrown

Niklas Zisel
Doomheim
#50 - 2014-03-11 19:25:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Niklas Zisel
We all heard about how there was a big influx of new players and returning players after the biggest battle in internet spaceship history and since your stance is to help foster more solo/small and medium gang pvp. I think in order to get CCP to really spend a lot of the, much needed, time focusing on the smaller scale stuff. They first must feel confident that it will attract and retain player subscriptions.

I was wondering what you think could be done to both attract new subscribers and reduce the churn rate that EVE experiences?
Psianh Auvyander
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2014-03-11 22:48:18 UTC
Niklas Zisel wrote:
We all heard about how there was a big influx of new players and returning players after the biggest battle in internet spaceship history and since your stance is to help foster more solo/small and medium gang pvp. I think in order to get CCP to really spend a lot of the, much needed, time focusing on the smaller scale stuff. They first must feel confident that it will attract and retain player subscriptions.

I was wondering what you think could be done to both attract new subscribers and reduce the churn rate that EVE experiences?

Good question, Niklas. Here's the thing, those big fights you speak of? They make for great media, but very little fun. Tidi is a great feature in that it allows us to even have those big fights, and I think all of us prefer it to crashed nodes, but when those players who were drawn into the game because of news reports announcing thousands of players causing hundreds of thousands of dollars actually participate in one of those fights, they find they're rather dull.

Let's also be clear that encouraging people to take more action when it comes to small and medium sized fights and objectives doesn't mean that large fights are off the table completely.

To attract new subscribers and reduce the churn rate we need to continue doing what EVE has been doing for a decade now: focus on the core concepts of the game and offer a unique experience. On top of that, we can do much more to make the game easier for people to get hooked on, but retain the complexity that makes EVE great. For instance, the new player experience can be so much better. I was speaking about this on EVE Radio on the 9th of March, referring to an idea someone proposed a while back that seemed really cool. And while it's true that news articles can draw people in, fun, invigorating game play keeps them. It's important we retain our perspective which is that slow, steady population increases are better than large spikes followed by large declines.

Two to three thousand people all in one system duking it out is amazing - I wouldn't want to stop that from happening. I want to make smaller fights more common. I want a few hundred people to fight every day over an important objective. I want gangs of a few dozen to go out with a purpose and be able to achieve an objective that their enemy will really feel. I also believe that achieving this goal will go a long way in getting people to stay here, playing with us for another 10 years.

My Blog

@wsethbrown

Esha Amphal
Doomheim
#52 - 2014-03-15 13:35:32 UTC
Good evening Mr Auvyander,

The moment I learned that another member of Noir. Mercenary Group was aspiring toward election this year my interest was piqued.

Over the last few years the CSM came into its own - became more influential with CCP - as though the Council found its feet at long last. This could be partially credited to the astonishing efforts of both CSM7 member Alekseyev Karrde and CSM8 member Ali Aras. We could say that Noir. Mercenary Group members have an established history of supporting the CSM to the best of their ability, a history well worth being proud of.

Do you feel that history is something you are going to have to live up to, something you are going to have to continue... and are you at all intimidated by the height of the bar your colleagues have set before you? Mind you, the CSM is not a competition, but do you feel you can contribute to the team as much as your Noir. colleagues did, and are? From the outside looking in they appear to be shining examples and repeating their performance would be a staggering feat, no?

The primary element of the CSM and the election process I have been focused on is outward communication - from the CSM to the player base - a responsibility frequently made more difficult by the workload itself, non-disclosure agreements and a range of other obstacles. How do you plan on committing to your responsibility of outward communication should you be elected? I note that you're a blogger and even record interviews and conversations which you post there. Do you expect your mercenary-oriented blog will shift in focus to include your CSM perspective and output?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Psianh Auvyander
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2014-03-15 14:47:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Psianh Auvyander
Esha Amphal wrote:
Good evening Mr Auvyander,

The moment I learned that another member of Noir. Mercenary Group was aspiring toward election this year my interest was piqued.

Over the last few years the CSM came into its own - became more influential with CCP - as though the Council found its feet at long last. This could be partially credited to the astonishing efforts of both CSM7 member Alekseyev Karrde and CSM8 member Ali Aras. We could say that Noir. Mercenary Group members have an established history of supporting the CSM to the best of their ability, a history well worth being proud of.

Do you feel that history is something you are going to have to live up to, something you are going to have to continue... and are you at all intimidated by the height of the bar your colleagues have set before you? Mind you, the CSM is not a competition, but do you feel you can contribute to the team as much as your Noir. colleagues did, and are? From the outside looking in they appear to be shining examples and repeating their performance would be a staggering feat, no?

The primary element of the CSM and the election process I have been focused on is outward communication - from the CSM to the player base - a responsibility frequently made more difficult by the workload itself, non-disclosure agreements and a range of other obstacles. How do you plan on committing to your responsibility of outward communication should you be elected? I note that you're a blogger and even record interviews and conversations which you post there. Do you expect your mercenary-oriented blog will shift in focus to include your CSM perspective and output?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Thank you for your comments, Esha. I definitely think that Alek and Ali have done an amazing job in their respective CSM terms, and I shudder to think of the game we might be playing without their work! It's definitely a history we're proud of and one I plan on continuing.

To be honest, I'm not intimidated by the bar set by either Alek or Ali - or any other CSM candidate for that matter - but I certainly plan on carrying the torch forward. I respect those candidates who have been hard, tireless workers; I view them as examples. I'm more than capable of representing the players in a fair, objective way, and encouraging CCP and the community to listen and work with one another to ensure the game is better tomorrow than it is today.

As you've noted, I do blog, and I plan on continuing to do so. I recently did a series on mercenaries that I'm about to wrap up. This piece was a personal subject, seeing as I play a mercenary, but as it grew it became more and more objective, focusing on mercenaries from all over space who view the gameplay in a variety of ways. In the end, I found a lot of common ground between each representative, and it was very enlightening for me personally. Ali Aras asked me if I planned on continuing this sort of thing, focusing on an area - a genre, if you will - and uncovering more and more about it, exposing the good, bad, and beauty of each play style in EVE. I told her that I would, and I certainly plan to regardless of the outcome of this election.

I say all that to say that there are a variety of ways that we on the CSM can use to communicate and learn about the game, community, and needs of the players that may not have been tapped yet. As I stated in my initial post, I have many years of professional community management experience that I will be drawing upon to ensure the community is as well informed of my thoughts, stance, and actions as feasibly possible. I certainly expect that my mercenary-focused blog will begin to take on more and more CSM-centric information, but I'd also like to see CSM9 continue collecting information in a single repository for ease of use.

I look forward to being given the opportunity to continue in the good examples set before me.

My Blog

@wsethbrown

Jaun Pacht-Feng
Doomheim
#54 - 2014-03-19 16:12:12 UTC
In your podcast with capstable half the interview was your resume IRL. What assurances to the community can you give that you will actually represent the community instead of using your position to get a job?

"Go Goon or Go Home"

Perfect description of the biggest problem with Eve. 

Psianh Auvyander
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2014-03-19 16:27:30 UTC
Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
In your podcast with capstable half the interview was your resume IRL. What assurances to the community can you give that you will actually represent the community instead of using your position to get a job?

My previous experience is an important aspect of why I feel confident I can represent the community effectively. It's especially relevant when I'm asked specific questions about my past work.

I guess the best assurance that I'm running for CSM to help make the game better by representing the EVE's players to CCP is the fact that if I were trying to use my "position to get a job" I'll need to do a damn fine job of the first before the second were a possibility.

My Blog

@wsethbrown

Jaun Pacht-Feng
Doomheim
#56 - 2014-03-19 16:44:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaun Pacht-Feng
Psianh Auvyander wrote:
Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:

My previous experience is an important aspect of why I feel confident I can represent the community effectively. It's especially relevant when I'm asked specific questions about my past work.

I guess the best assurance that I'm running for CSM to help make the game better by representing the EVE's players to CCP is the fact that if I were trying to use my "position to get a job" I'll need to do a damn fine job of the first before the second were a possibility.

I bring that up because in said podcast you had no issues presenting yourself and your resume. Then on actual gameplay questions like power projection and player disruptions you chocked and stumbled on your words. It is not uncommon of CSM members using their positions to do so.

"Go Goon or Go Home"

Psianh Auvyander
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2014-03-19 17:36:33 UTC
Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:

I bring that up because in said podcast you had no issues presenting yourself and your resume. Then on actual gameplay questions like power projection and player disruptions you chocked and stumbled on your words. It is not uncommon of CSM members using their positions to do so.

I had another listen to the podcast itself and I can't really agree with you that I "choked" when it came to either power projection or player disruption. These are really complex issues and I'm trying to boil them down to the pertinent parts that simultaneously fits the angle of the question, is accessible to people who aren't familiar with the idea, and presents a compelling argument for what I'm presenting all on the fly. Pausing to think and choking aren't related at all, and I'm sorry you feel this way. I have to say that I talked much less about my personal background than I did questions focused on game play as well.

In light of your response, I'd be happy to write more about any sort of topic in particular you're interested in since a written post may seem smoother and more streamlined to you. If you'd prefer spoken word, I'd be happy to record my responses to any questions you have in more detail. This, too, would provide you with a more smooth reply and let you avoid the pauses where I think to respond to questions asked live.

Let me know how I can reach out to you!

My Blog

@wsethbrown

Jaun Pacht-Feng
Doomheim
#58 - 2014-03-19 20:24:31 UTC
I believe with this thread and podcasts you have reached as far as I like!

On a side note I have been talking to EVE bet and currently have stuff on the table. Mainly how long it'll take for you to be working at CCP after the CSM 9 elections. Permitting you get onto the CSM!

My wallet and I wish you luck on your CSM campaign.

"Go Goon or Go Home"

Psianh Auvyander
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#59 - 2014-03-21 20:44:32 UTC
Official application submitted; passport scanned. Here's to the future!

I look forward to your questions and comments!

My Blog

@wsethbrown

Zomgnomnom
Origin.
Fraternity.
#60 - 2014-03-24 04:31:19 UTC
+1

Psianh was always reachable on jabber or through mail during my time with Noir Academy. Solid leader, teacher and great administrator.

I'll be saving a spot on my ballots for him.