These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Soloing anoms and earning ISK in null sec

Author
Haoibuni
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#21 - 2014-02-13 06:17:49 UTC
Tiddlypeeps

On the alliance forum the sub-section devoted to PvE is called "RAZOR - Carebear Rehabilitation Center"

Gh0stBust3rs was giving you sound advise. Katie Khardoula don't know what she's talking about.
Cage Man
Hekkki Industry and Traid Enterprise
The Sigil Of Baphomet
#22 - 2014-02-14 01:04:21 UTC
minmatard ships are not hat great in guristas space. The CFC requires you to fly baltec, well used to anyway, so get a blaster mega or something that does better kinetic damage. If you run forsaken hubs and forsaken rally points you need to move very little. Forsaken hubs you need to get into position so you have about a 20km burn to the spawn points first.
Passive tanked ishtar does really well for there with sentries. A navy vexor with faction garde's would probably also do a decent job to get you going, domi will work also. Ham tengu is a beast with good skills gets you round 1k dps.
The smaller the ships the quicker you can run when neuts come into the system.
all said.. you should probably find a better corp as any decent corp will have you fleeting with them to start making some decent iskies to get you going. If you need a good one, let me know and I can recommend some Blink
Tiddlypeeps
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2014-02-14 14:47:32 UTC
Cheers for all the replies.

I've read up a bit on a lot of the suggestions here and aiming for an Ishtar with a focus on drone skills and passive shield tanking seems to be the way to go.

It's gonna take a couple of months for me to build up the skills needed for the optimal load out so for the time being I'm gonna focus on the skills needed for the drones and modules so that I can just use most of the fit in another ship, before training the skills for the ship itself.

My final question is which ship should I be using for the time being while I train for the Ishtar? I could have the skills to fly a Vexor in less than a day or I could use a Typhoon which has the same drone capacity.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#24 - 2014-02-14 15:37:13 UTC
navy vexor is a pocket Ishtar.

The modules required for an Ishtar to active shield tank are very few, and in the last hac buff, they got an absurdly strong cap, can perma run a booster and invuln off 1 CCC, and can run an AB on top of that for some time, shooting guns...

Tiddlypeeps
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2014-02-14 16:10:22 UTC
Tauranon wrote:

The modules required for an Ishtar to active shield tank are very few, and in the last hac buff, they got an absurdly strong cap, can perma run a booster and invuln off 1 CCC, and can run an AB on top of that for some time, shooting guns...

When I first read this I thought you were saying go with the Vexor, but now I'm not sure. Is saying it's a pocket Ishtar a good thing or a bad thing?
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#26 - 2014-02-14 16:18:25 UTC
Tiddlypeeps wrote:

When I first read this I thought you were saying go with the Vexor, but now I'm not sure. Is saying it's a pocket Ishtar a good thing or a bad thing?

he's saying its a poor-man's ishtar. A cheap imitiation of an ishtar.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Tiddlypeeps
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2014-02-14 16:38:57 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Tiddlypeeps wrote:

he's saying its a poor-man's ishtar. A cheap imitiation of an ishtar.

Cool. They are pretty cheap so I'll pick one up and play around with it, if I can't make it work it's no big loss.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#28 - 2014-02-15 00:01:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Tauranon
Tiddlypeeps wrote:
Tauranon wrote:

The navy vexor has 125mb bandwidth, a feature of the Ishtar, and of all the drone battleships.

bonus points for figuring out the historical naval reference if you can.

and yes, its a much better combat ship than the regular vexor.
Previous page12