These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Faction items seeded on Sisi

First post
Author
Ariane VoxDei
#21 - 2011-11-10 15:17:52 UTC
Just give us a rightclick "spawn this" option for fits on sisi and be done with it.

Put in a jove/devthings filter (to avoid unintended fits) if you must.

Would really improve testing speed a lot, not to forget easing setting up for mass test participation.
Klandi
Consortium of stella Technologies
#22 - 2011-11-10 15:58:08 UTC
Ariane VoxDei wrote:
Just give us a rightclick "spawn this" option for fits on sisi and be done with it.

Put in a jove/devthings filter (to avoid unintended fits) if you must.

Would really improve testing speed a lot, not to forget easing setting up for mass test participation.



Damn fine idea - however I would like to go one step further...

You can still have the joy of playing around with manual fitting out your ship OR

You bring up a load-out of what you want on your ship in the fitting screen (or your fc says that this is the loadout for this ship and posts the fitting) and click "fit ship"
If you have the modules in your hanger as well as the ship hull - they are assembled in the order presented on the fitting. If not, it would highlight what modules you need to complete the load-out.

Of course, this could then be attached to the market function and it could bring up a price/distance chart with similar types of module if you desire, but that might take a bit more thought and programming.


and to end on a rebuttal, Konflik1 ...

A test server needs to test real life scenarios - and the repercussions might be that it will be used as a EFT environment BUT your returning information will be more precise and can be used in multiple areas as it accurately portrays the tested item. Facts can only be called factual if the same thing is compared.

I am aware of my own ignorance and have checked my emotional quotient - thanks for asking

Klandi
Consortium of stella Technologies
#23 - 2011-11-11 01:29:28 UTC
Need some more weight behind this ppl ......

I am aware of my own ignorance and have checked my emotional quotient - thanks for asking

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#24 - 2011-11-11 22:58:36 UTC
Sooo.

You want us to test / provide feedback on the veracity of a 25% damage buff to destroyers, whilst suffering a 15% damage penalty "because it's about bugs"

So what am I meant to conclude from a fight I narrowly lose ... that it would work on TQ? Do I need to FRAPS everything I do, and add in a 15% damage boost to my calculations?

I'm fine with "this is a server for finding bugs" - but could you kindly then provide another server for testing for balance?

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Oberine Noriepa
#25 - 2011-11-11 23:44:53 UTC
Speaking of faction items, do any of you have a Sisters Core Probe Launcher? Mind parting with one on Singularity?

Klandi
Consortium of stella Technologies
#26 - 2011-11-12 10:32:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Klandi
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Sooo.

You want us to test / provide feedback on the veracity of a 25% damage buff to destroyers, whilst suffering a 15% damage penalty "because it's about bugs"

So what am I meant to conclude from a fight I narrowly lose ... that it would work on TQ? Do I need to FRAPS everything I do, and add in a 15% damage boost to my calculations?

I'm fine with "this is a server for finding bugs" - but could you kindly then provide another server for testing for balance?


Lets look specifically at bugs...

A bug CAN reside in any and all code and a bug can also be defined as a unintended reaction to an event. Testing for the bug requires that the situation be replicated and fixing it will not proceed unless the situation can be replicated.
Balance (or lack of) can also be categorised as an event that is unintended and so can occupy the same area as the bug - and in fact, the bug could be causing the imbalance.

Replication of unintended events needs to happen in a reproducible fashion. That means that the situation MUST mirror.

Give us faction stuff on sisi to help find the bugs

I am aware of my own ignorance and have checked my emotional quotient - thanks for asking

Kellen Shimaya
#27 - 2011-11-12 16:19:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Kellen Shimaya
No. thats a horrible idea, and it always will be. the bugs will be found by the people who have those certain items on tq, or they were smart, and used contracts at the beginning of the mirror. I mean have you seen the main system? its baalgorns and vindicators as far as the eye can see, and dont you tell me they are testing a fit they have on tq. With this faction battleship spam, you actually cannot really test anything because it is NOTHING like TQ, fighting-wise anyways. If you want a certain shiny item or ship you have on tq, then be my quest and go pick it up, because i believe thats what you should have to do to go get your shiny stuff. THAT replicates TQ pretty damn well. So, to restate, your idea is horrid, kthx

EDIT: I do agree that navy faction ammo needs to be seeded, but i think only navy ammo for all races should be seeded, not pirate factions, and going from my above statement, i believe all faction ships need to be un-seeded.
Pattern Clarc
Citeregis
#28 - 2011-11-12 16:23:20 UTC
+1 on faction ammo. And maybe things like tracking enhancers or modules after a stats change.

Ex CSM member & Designer of the Tornado. Gallente - Pilot satisfaction

Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#29 - 2011-11-13 03:40:33 UTC
+1

Oderint Dum Metuant

Jiji Hamin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2011-11-13 04:54:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Jiji Hamin
Adding faction mods would jsut further invite people to treat sisi as a place to use dreamfits rather than an area for testing. ANd your arguments are valid for why it would make little or no difference. HOWEVER, seeding faction ammo only makes sense as faction ammo is far more widely used and fits into ammo balance differently than faction mods fit into module balance.
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2011-11-13 11:19:14 UTC
This thread is the very personification of "Give them an inch and they will take a mile".

Seriously people, stop whinging. You are on the test server to assist CCP with developmental work. YOU don't need faction items to do that.

Cue lots of insults with profanity, claims of questionable IQ levels and general unhelpfullness.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Sigras
Conglomo
#32 - 2011-11-13 20:25:24 UTC
Headerman wrote:
This thread is the very personification of "Give them an inch and they will take a mile".

Seriously people, stop whinging. You are on the test server to assist CCP with developmental work. YOU don't need faction items to do that.

Cue lots of insults with profanity, claims of questionable IQ levels and general unhelpfullness.

seriously though, if they want help with balance why not give us all of the tools we'd usually use on the real server?
IE how well does my tornado hit medium sized ships? I dont REALLY know because im missing the 10% extra damage from what I would usually be carrying which is republic fleet depleted uranium

or "is the oracle fitting too lose" I dont know, on the real server I would fit some faction mods to help with the fitting which may make the whole thing overpowered

"is the blaster buff enough?" I dont think so, but on the real server it might be better because I would buy a republic fleet MWD with less cap penalty and could load Caldari Navy Antimatter for better tracking

Et All; how do you expect us to test balance without all of the balance tools . . . we could make suggestions that are perfectly valid, then some faction mod we didnt think of totally makes our suggestions useless.
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2011-11-13 20:48:58 UTC
Sigras wrote:
Headerman wrote:
This thread is the very personification of "Give them an inch and they will take a mile".

Seriously people, stop whinging. You are on the test server to assist CCP with developmental work. YOU don't need faction items to do that.

Cue lots of insults with profanity, claims of questionable IQ levels and general unhelpfullness.

seriously though, if they want help with balance why not give us all of the tools we'd usually use on the real server?
IE how well does my tornado hit medium sized ships? I dont REALLY know because im missing the 10% extra damage from what I would usually be carrying which is republic fleet depleted uranium

or "is the oracle fitting too lose" I dont know, on the real server I would fit some faction mods to help with the fitting which may make the whole thing overpowered

"is the blaster buff enough?" I dont think so, but on the real server it might be better because I would buy a republic fleet MWD with less cap penalty and could load Caldari Navy Antimatter for better tracking

Et All; how do you expect us to test balance without all of the balance tools . . . we could make suggestions that are perfectly valid, then some faction mod we didnt think of totally makes our suggestions useless.


It's simple really.

If you want to test for the effects of faction ammo, use regular ammo instead and add in the % difference of facion ammo damage.

But then if you get faction ammo, what will be next?

Faction mods?

Navy faction ships?

Super capitals?

Officer mods?

If YOU want faction ammo, then YOU get it yourself.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Alsyth
#34 - 2011-11-13 21:03:47 UTC
We already have pirate faction ships, pirate implants.... Honestly, having every faction mod you can have through a LP (pirate or empire or Concord or whatever) store would not change Sisi that much.

Deadspace and Officier mods, I think Sisi is better without them seeded.
Sigras
Conglomo
#35 - 2011-11-13 21:46:37 UTC
we only have a few of the pirate faction ships . . . thats another thing I dont get, the angel cartel ships are seeded but the blood raiders are not . . .
Xynthiar
The Initiative.
#36 - 2011-11-13 22:19:55 UTC
Sigras wrote:
we only have a few of the pirate faction ships . . . thats another thing I dont get, the angel cartel ships are seeded but the blood raiders are not . . .

This is due to a bug in the seeding script, as stated so many times before.
Alsyth
#37 - 2011-11-13 23:05:33 UTC
Xynthiar wrote:
Sigras wrote:
we only have a few of the pirate faction ships . . . thats another thing I dont get, the angel cartel ships are seeded but the blood raiders are not . . .

This is due to a bug in the seeding script, as stated so many times before.


It seems to be fixed, instead of having only Mach and Night we now have every pirate faction BS but BUT BUT... Still no Empire Faction ships.

What's the name of this new seeding script bug?
Sigras
Conglomo
#38 - 2011-11-13 23:06:25 UTC
Headerman wrote:
It's simple really.

If you want to test for the effects of faction ammo, use regular ammo instead and add in the % difference of facion ammo damage.

But then if you get faction ammo, what will be next?

Faction mods?

Navy faction ships?

Super capitals?

Officer mods?

If YOU want faction ammo, then YOU get it yourself.


ah, here we go, the perfect example . . . im testing the new dramiel and its fittings, I have a reasonable facsimile of my fit from the real server, but I dont really know how its going to perform because, while I do have 20 spare CPU and an empty low slot, i dont have a domination gyrostab, or any of the deadspace afterburners/MWDs so I dont know REALLY how fast it goes, or how strong it is, or how much damage it does, or even if these certain mods fit.
Klandi
Consortium of stella Technologies
#39 - 2011-11-13 23:20:24 UTC
See Sigras - CCP can pull that post to prove their point. Sisi is there for bug hunting not to see how fast it goes or if EFT is correct . Now, if you were to say that there was a bug fitting this item or the item caused a bug by being fitted, then the basis of Sisi is fulfilled

I am aware of my own ignorance and have checked my emotional quotient - thanks for asking

Kellen Shimaya
#40 - 2011-11-13 23:25:57 UTC
Shall i rephrase this point again. SISI IS NOT YOUR EFT. your argument is irrevelant.