These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Petition: Start paying ISD LackOfFaith a salary

First post
Author
GreenSeed
#21 - 2014-02-04 00:06:18 UTC  |  Edited by: GreenSeed
they should pay ISDs with ishukone watch scorpions, just to **** off the forum warriors.

that would be hilarious...

i can already imagine the threads "the ISD don't do enough for the community, rabble, rabble, rabble."
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#22 - 2014-02-04 00:07:12 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Actually, some of the ISD are quite nicely mad already. We just hide it better than most.

The shoe Rifter lampshade said what? I didn't toast that ship, officer, I swear! Mmmm... duck tape...

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
#23 - 2014-02-04 00:08:08 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
Actually, some of the ISD are quite nicely mad already. We just hide it better than most.

The shoe Rifter lampshade said what? I didn't toast that ship, officer, I swear! Mmmm... duck tape...

0/10, trying too hard. Go live in a wormhole for true madness.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Verlane Nalelmir
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2014-02-04 00:09:01 UTC
Slade Trillgon wrote:

Good Job Guys and Gals!!!

Also much thanks to them from me.
ISD LackOfFaith
#25 - 2014-02-04 00:11:45 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:

Is that what happens when you stop reading quality local chat? *shudder*

Note to self, hang out in Jita more, for the sake of my sanity.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#26 - 2014-02-04 00:12:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Unsuccessful At Everything
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Yes its often hard work, yes we read most posts, no we don't get paid, yes we do it out of a genuine belief that what we do is for the betterment of EvE as a whole.

That's the reason I use for doing what I do...but im still the bad guy Big smile.

Oh comon, you can do better than that. Put a little spin on it. Perhaps you are a glorious freedom fighter from the oppression of ISD Ezwal, or maybe you're a Hannibal Lector style figure slowing driving LackOfFaith mad.

Either way, you're much more than just a "bad guy".

Bad guys go to prison, then escape to do more bad guy things.

Villians get caught monologueing by the hero and die in ironic ways.

Perhaps im just a villain masquerading as a bad guy, because I don't want to give the heroes time to figure out how to ironicly dispatch me until its too late....

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2014-02-04 00:12:58 UTC
Wrong forum.

Where are the ISD's, are they sleeping on the job?

Sheesh, they normally fix this stuff right away. I'm surprised they didn't notice.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
#28 - 2014-02-04 00:15:03 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:

Is that what happens when you stop reading quality local chat? *shudder*

Note to self, hang out in Jita more, for the sake of my sanity.

What's local chatter? I only use local as a source of free intel.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#29 - 2014-02-04 00:16:50 UTC
Thead Enco wrote:
because "right clicking,lock" is actually doing "hard work"

Because reading whingy, petulant, self-entiteld threads over and over again, until your eyes bleed, *IS* hard work. Soul-destroying stuff. And the ISD's do it for free.

Don't want them paid, but whatever perks they *do* get, they need more of it. Lots more.
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#30 - 2014-02-04 00:19:59 UTC
Pius Rova wrote:

IB4 Ban

The ISDs, especially ISD LackOfFaith, have been remarkably patient today. Still, it looks like you're bound and determined to commit Suicide by ISD, yes?

Yes.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2014-02-04 00:21:26 UTC
Diamond Zerg wrote:
Hi, first of all this is not a discussion about forum moderation— simply about the ISD CCL volunteers.

I think that CCL's like LackOfFaith who work so hard should definitely get paid a salary.
They do a lot of stuff for the community and it seems fair that they be rewarded somehow.

So come on CCP, send a few bucks their way! (No, I'm not a sock puppet of an ISD Big smile)

Anyone else agree with me?

NO, I definitely do not agree with paying them anything.

I believe they currently exert way too much power and control over these forums. It's way too easy to manipulate these forums due to prejudiced / biased feelings.

It seemed like a good idea when CCL / ISD was first implemented. They only had power to either edit or remove replies that were in violation of forum rules under the watchful eye and guiding hand of CCP.

I don't remember when it happened but since the CCL / ISD can lock threads at will, they need to be moderated too.

The only thing we, the forum community, can do to insure their actions are moderated is to file a complaint with Customer Service. Unfortunately the reply from Customer Service is basically a generic computerized response which doesn't incite much confidence.

DMC
The Troll Bridge
#32 - 2014-02-04 00:33:07 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
.... quality local chat.....

3 words never before muttered on the forums. I don't know if they have random psych checks for ISDs or not...but you may want to volunteer for the next round...today has not been kind to your brain im afraid.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Zeko Rena
ENCOM Industries
#33 - 2014-02-04 00:33:32 UTC
I agree.
While we are at it CCP should pay me for reading the forum's and playing EVE Online in my spare time as well, it's only fair Blink
James Nikolas Tesla
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2014-02-04 00:56:36 UTC
Diamond Zerg wrote:
Hi, first of all this is not a discussion about forum moderation— simply about the ISD CCL volunteers.

I think that CCL's like LackOfFaith who work so hard should definitely get paid a salary.
They do a lot of stuff for the community and it seems fair that they be rewarded somehow.

So come on CCP, send a few bucks their way! (No, I'm not a sock puppet of an ISD Big smile)

Anyone else agree with me?

Not sure about the salary part but maybe some ingame rewards.

CODE is just a bunch of pirates; smart, organized pirates. It doesn't help to rage at them because that is exactly what they want. Dust yourself off and get back on your feet, you don't even have to talk to them.

The Troll Bridge
#35 - 2014-02-04 01:00:14 UTC
James Nikolas Tesla wrote:
Not sure about the salary part but maybe some ingame rewards.

Golden Catalysts that can tank CONCORD. Enforcing the rules during the day, trolling the miners and freighters during the nights.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-02-04 01:19:47 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith
#37 - 2014-02-04 01:31:56 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

I don't remember when it happened but since the CCL / ISD can lock threads at will, they need to be moderated too.

The only thing we, the forum community, can do to insure their actions are moderated is to file a complaint with Customer Service. Unfortunately the reply from Customer Service is basically a generic computerized response which doesn't incite much confidence.

I think it was before my time, but ISD used to be able to administer temp bans or something.

Anyway, we do have our moderation actions sometimes reverted by CCP or a higher rank ISD. I don't know what the support ticket messages look like, but I'm sure CCP looks into each one. If they look like form replies, they probably are, but simply due to the large volume of support tickets they need to handle -- the same reason moderation messages are not personalized.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2014-02-04 04:14:51 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

I think it was before my time, but ISD used to be able to administer temp bans or something.

Anyway, we do have our moderation actions sometimes reverted by CCP or a higher rank ISD. I don't know what the support ticket messages look like, but I'm sure CCP looks into each one. If they look like form replies, they probably are, but simply due to the large volume of support tickets they need to handle -- the same reason moderation messages are not personalized.

Don't get me wrong, I admit there is definitely a need for you guys to perform moderation in these forums, IE, editing and or removing posted replies that incite and flame others. I'm sure it's a tough job for you guys to remain neutral and I salute your tenacity in doing it.

Of course duplicate thread topics should be locked by CCL / ISD and hopefully the discussion be directed to a main thread. However, I think locking original thread topics as well as placing a temp ban on characters should only be done by an official CCP employee.

Anyway, good luck to you guys, I wish you all the best in keeping a neutral viewpoint. I know it's something I couldn't do.

DMC
Serene Repose
#39 - 2014-02-04 04:39:15 UTC
Yeah, right.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Karen Avioras
The Raging Raccoons
#40 - 2014-02-04 06:08:48 UTC
Since you're a warlord you could plex his account for him with your spoils of war :)
Previous page123Next page