These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Post-Oxytopes World

First post
Author
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#241 - 2011-11-22 15:26:47 UTC
flakeys wrote:

Killed 8 macks and their pods at one go about a year back solo , all you need is a smartbomb bs.

Bloating about killing a defenseless ship and then even only taking one at a time , really weaselidiot you can do better i am sure.

yeah that's fun too but sadly we murderized all those already

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#242 - 2011-11-22 15:28:44 UTC
the alphapoc however simply has panache that no other ship can match

hello worthless scum watch me throw away an entire t2 fit bs just to kill you in style

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#243 - 2011-11-22 15:29:10 UTC
the lower classes lack an appreciation for the fine art of classy conspicuious consumption

Jessica Cartier
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#244 - 2011-11-22 20:10:31 UTC
flakeys wrote:
really weaselidiot you can do better i am sure.

flakeys wrote:
i am sure he could have a better thing to show.

Your post was meant to troll Weaselior, for simply discussing one - out of many - failures on the part of miners. There was no gloating on his part.

In the same post, you were also trying to brag about your own feeble achievement, but failing. Oooo... a disco BS... how clever of you... ofc, no one else would have ever thought of that. I say "feeble" and "failing" because you obviously have not done anything better since last year - like a 70 year old man bragging about the girls he used to pickup when he was a teenager.

As for cleverly insinuating that this thread does not belong in the market discussion forum... yes, your pathetic 8 ship kill probably went unnoticed last year (assuming that it did happen at all, but let's give you the benefit of the doubt) and does not belong here. Whereas, the 2,400 miner kills in the past couple of months have raised both prices and blood pressure in the market and thus is a valid topic for market discussions.
flakeys
Doomheim
#245 - 2011-11-22 20:18:56 UTC  |  Edited by: flakeys
Oh i'm sorry was that your **** i stepped on? I beg your pardon ... didn't know it was so touchy but looking at the your char date created and it posted about 5 times so far on the forums of wich ALL times in this thread i can not assume you're a goon alt.

I'll leave you alone with your preciousssss now love , enjoy the inbreeds .

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Jessica Cartier
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#246 - 2011-11-22 23:33:01 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Oh i'm sorry was that your **** i stepped on? I beg your pardon ... didn't know it was so touchy but looking at the your char date created and it posted about 5 times so far on the forums of wich ALL times in this thread i can not assume you're a goon alt.

Duh. Ofc, this is an alt. Did you figure it out all by yourself, after painstaking hours of research? Wow. Pat on the head and a new diaper for you, baby boy.

But, no, I'm not a Goon alt. So, you fail yet again.
Nomad I
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#247 - 2011-11-23 08:38:30 UTC
Gallente towers are on the way to be out of game Big smile Because It's takes only 3 weeks of training for another racial JF, the Anshar will be nothing more than a piece in a museum.

What I don't understand the amounts of oxygen isotopes sold relative high despite the low cost to replace gallente towers.
Zions Child
Higashikata Industries
Ivy League Alt Alliance
#248 - 2011-11-23 08:45:44 UTC
Nomad I wrote:
Gallente towers are on the way to be out of game Big smile Because It's takes only 3 weeks of training for another racial JF, the Anshar will be nothing more than a piece in a museum.

What I don't understand the amounts of oxygen isotopes sold relative high despite the low cost to replace gallente towers.

Speculative trading. Whether by the Goons or someone else, its probably mostly speculative.
JitaJane
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#249 - 2011-11-23 09:06:43 UTC
Jessica Cartier wrote:
flakeys wrote:

Duh. Ofc, this is an alt. Did you figure it out all by yourself, after painstaking hours of research? Wow. Pat on the head and a new diaper for you, baby boy.

But, no, I'm not a Goon alt. So, you fail yet again.

And an alt with 8 posts. All on this thread. Try harder.

90% of of the time my posts are about something I actually find interesting and want to learn more about. Do not be alarmed.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#250 - 2011-11-23 14:08:10 UTC
Nomad I wrote:

one does not just trade in a nyx fleet for a hel fleet

also the cost of replacing towers isn't isk

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#251 - 2011-11-23 14:26:06 UTC
Weaselior wrote:

Considering they're drastically reducing POS fiddling times in the expansion next week...
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#252 - 2011-11-23 14:49:27 UTC
Akita T wrote:
Weaselior wrote:

Considering they're drastically reducing POS fiddling times in the expansion next week...

yeah once crucible hits I imagine we'll see a lot more people willing to bite that bullet

Nomad I
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#253 - 2011-11-23 14:50:49 UTC
Akita T wrote:
Weaselior wrote:

Those industrialist focussed on profit will never wait until the patch is done, because gallente towers would consume all the potential profit.
Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#254 - 2011-11-23 17:32:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Akita T
Weaselior wrote:
Akita T wrote:
Weaselior wrote:

yeah once crucible hits I imagine we'll see a lot more people willing to bite that bullet

So... barely broke 1.4k (with 2.3k being the "ok, that really worked" level) after how many weeks of interdiction combined with heavy market buyouts (overall end-of-process profitability of which being somewhat questionable), one barrier to switching gone in a week, possible shifting attention from interdiction to less boring stuff thanks to the new things appearing in the expansion next week... what exactly do you think that spells for the future of oxytopes ?
To me it certainly does NOT spell "continued and constant price increase from now on for a good while".
In fact, I may go as far as say it almost smells like an impending price crash. Disagree ? Yes/No ? Why ?
P
Covert Kitty
SRS Industries
#255 - 2011-11-23 18:26:11 UTC
Akita is correct (as usual). The other important point to take note of is that the longer the prices stay comparatively higher the more people will switch to other tower types, decreasing demand.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#256 - 2011-11-23 19:33:39 UTC
Akita T wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
Akita T wrote:
Weaselior wrote:

So... barely broke 1.4k (with 2.3k being the "ok, that really worked" level) after how many weeks of interdiction combined with heavy market buyouts (overall end-of-process profitability of which being somewhat questionable), one barrier to switching gone in a week, possible shifting attention from interdiction to less boring stuff thanks to the new things appearing in the expansion next week... what exactly do you think that spells for the future of oxytopes ?
To me it certainly does NOT spell "continued and constant price increase from now on for a good while".
In fact, I may go as far as say it almost smells like an impending price crash. Disagree ? Yes/No ? Why ?
P

because I, unlike you, have been monitoring stockpile levels

you, like most of EVE, have never seen a supply side market manipulation and you're unable to grasp how it works; this isn't something where the price just crashes: supply is far below demand, and what we see is depletion of stockpiles at various demand levels

your poor analysis can be spotted from your idea that 'heavy market buyouts' are part of the interdiction; they're not. they're just a way to profit off it, as the stockpiles go back on the market and still need to be burned off; this sort of basic error is part and parcel of your importing demand-side market manipulation principles and not understanding the difference

we will run jita out of oxygen isotopes entirely; the important number isn't the price. the important number is the amount of isotopes on the market

oxytopes will never be 2.3k, and you can see that if you actually look at supply: supply is clustered around 2k and once it punches through this, the last remaining major stockpile (pulled from all over eve as people spot an arbitrage opportunity) and will soar above it because ice is tremendously ineleastic

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#257 - 2011-11-23 19:35:08 UTC
as a worthless highsec pubbie, im sure you're unfamilar with the concept of a cap fleet

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#258 - 2011-11-23 19:40:35 UTC
as a case study, an alliance friendly to goonswarm - who had been notified about the campaign in advance and was able to procure their own stockpiles - has run out

imagine everyone else, who didn't know this was coming, who bet on goonswarm being too add to engage in a multi-month campaign: if our nameless blue alliance didn't have enough stockpiles they sure as hell didn't

Claire Voyant
#259 - 2011-11-23 21:44:55 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
because I, unlike you, have been monitoring stockpile levels

Get out of my hangar!
Roywyn Kolkor
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#260 - 2011-11-23 22:50:15 UTC
Is this a suicide mission purely aimed at the ice market ? Cause I just got blown up in a hulk in a random highsec system by a goon. Mining in my lowsec homebase is even more secure now !