These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

When does your Corp or Alliance fight?

Author
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#41 - 2014-02-01 18:33:00 UTC
Akatori Nalelmir wrote:
We like to form up big fleets and not fight, because we are "too passive", True Story

Confirming we're pacifists
Havoc Zealot
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2014-02-01 18:36:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Havoc Zealot
[Deleted by user]
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#43 - 2014-02-01 19:21:05 UTC
Havoc Zealot wrote:
Bane is the coolest person I've ever known

No need to delete your previous post. Be proud!

No trolling please

Judas Lonestar
Stryker Industries
Stryker Group
#44 - 2014-02-02 00:31:43 UTC
Fight? Thats scary. You could damage your ship!

Make isk, not war. Or something like that.
Havoc Zealot
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2014-02-02 00:47:19 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
Havoc Zealot wrote:

Hahaha, while this is true it was actually a post about blue fire ;)
Cosmic Scanner
Overload This
TURBOFEED OR GLORY
#46 - 2014-02-02 01:36:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Cosmic Scanner
Hai guys!!!! my friend just accidentally warped his Archon to the sun in your system.......

Cosmic Scanner / muu lufragga

Joan Greywind
The Lazy Crabs
#47 - 2014-02-02 04:55:36 UTC
Let me take a wild guess, t3's?
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#48 - 2014-02-02 05:04:17 UTC
Havoc Zealot wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:
Havoc Zealot wrote:

Hahaha, while this is true it was actually a post about blue fire ;)

so...

Havoc Zealot wrote:

Blue-Fire is the coolest person I've ever known

Doesn't really make sense but ok Lol
Duke Wendo
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2014-02-03 23:09:52 UTC
Every other Wednesday after 8pm
Senn Denroth
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#50 - 2014-02-04 01:43:15 UTC
I don't think the thread is titled in a manner that it will answer the overarching question of: are you in it for fun, or are you in it to win?

That question in it self is misleading because those that only take part in fights they think they can win or not, may only fight 33% of the time. In my books that's not a win because it would mean you are sitting in a POS not taking part in the game.

In WH space I've noticed that there are two groups of players.

Group A -
* Are in the game to have fun, but also have common sense and tactics.
* They do not pass up on a fight even if they're outnumbered 2:1 (something about the triple 3 fleet: 3 Loki, 3 Guardians, 3 Tengu, and 1 Moros with massive gonads)
* Will jump capital ships in to a mass reduced hole to secure a fight. Even in to someones home where they could be out escalated 10 fold on capital numbers.
* When are killed type GF in local

Group B -
* POS up straight away when they notice a new sig or ship on scan.
* Reduce mass or close wormholes to avoid fights that they think they might lose. May make excuses such as, not our prime time or, you took too long to bring a fight so we closed it.
* POS up when unable to roll the connection safely.
* Will not fight unless they have 3:1 odds.
* Farmers.
* May sometimes pose to be a corp/alliance that comes under Group A, but just so they don't get evicted or invaded and just get left alone to go back to farming.

Thankfully and proudly I know what group I sit under, I pay for this game to play it and contribute not sit around and ship spin.

P.S. Confirming that Sky Fighters seem to have balls the likes of which that horses roam around with.
Allna
Aim High
#51 - 2014-02-04 15:14:43 UTC
Senn Denroth wrote:
I don't think the thread is titled in a manner that it will answer the overarching question of: are you in it for fun, or are you in it to win?

That question in it self is misleading because those that only take part in fights they think they can win or not, may only fight 33% of the time. In my books that's not a win because it would mean you are sitting in a POS not taking part in the game.

Group A -
* They do not pass up on a fight even if they're outnumbered 2:1 (something about the triple 3 fleet: 3 Loki, 3 Guardians, 3 Tengu, and 1 Moros with massive gonads)
* Will jump capital ships in to a mass reduced hole to secure a fight. Even in to someones home where they could be out escalated 10 fold on capital numbers.

Group B -
* Reduce mass or close wormholes to avoid fights that they think they might lose. May make excuses such as, not our prime time or, you took too long to bring a fight so we closed it.
* Farmers.
* May sometimes pose to be a corp/alliance that comes under Group A, but just so they don't get evicted or invaded and just get left alone to go back to farming.

Thankfully and proudly I know what group I sit under, I pay for this game to play it and contribute not sit around and ship spin.

P.S. Confirming that Sky Fighters seem to have balls the likes of which that horses roam around with.

I honestly think this is a little black-and-white (though fairly accurate description of a lot of entities we've encountered!).. I like to think of ourselves as not being in group B, basically because we never do most of the things you list there, but, we also rarely take fights that are an obvious loss for us (I suppose 2:1 we'd take depending on the fleet comps and if ECM/Logi are involved), but 3:1 and such we will avoid and look for other fights that are more 'our size'..

For our organization, our behavior comes from simply a lack of cash (and we're pretty small, typical night is 5-6 dudes). We haven't shot red plus's or harvested anything in... several months as most of us seem to not enjoy NPCing, so we really don't have any stable income where we live, and based on our habits, we tend to form up around the same time, and the status quo is to go forth and build a chain in the mapper and look for content in the way of PVP.

Our static is pretty much only ever used as a means to get to another system where there's someone to engage. We don't take fights that are an obvious "we will for sure get murdered", simply because we don't have the funds to mass-replace losses, and would be back in k-space before long if we took fights that would end that way. Perhaps that's our problem, we need to 'farm' more so we can afford to take bigger risks, but .. nobody wants to farm, so we don't, and instead we roam.

Perhaps that's free intel, but it is what it is, and its a game so vOv.
TXG SYNC
Dad Jokes R Us
#52 - 2014-02-04 19:55:29 UTC  |  Edited by: TXG SYNC
Blogged about this very topic: http://splatus.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/pvp-as-a-survival-tactic/

Fighting for us is not just about survival; it's fundamentally why we are here. Wormholes are a bastion of small-gang PvP (heh, I wrote "small-gank PvP" first, that's so true, too...) due to mass limits. Sure, you can find ways to blob, but it's harder than in Null.

We had a recent fight that's illustrative of our typical "when" we fight. New connection opened into our system. We shoved a scout through, determined their corporations, put all their people on watchlist (took a while), determined how many were currently logged on, and calculated our numbers. A quick batphone to some people logged-off so that we had almost as many as they did, and we shipped up to T3s because that's all that we'd seen from them.

A few minutes later, in local one of their members said, "We don't have your numbers. We're not going to fight."

Now, we were a little skeptical, but willing to entertain a fight on a smaller scale. They said they had the numbers to bring a single battlecruiser to fight; we agreed to fight it with frigates and maybe a cruiser or two. After the Gnosis devastated several frigates easily (it was actually pretty sad; we were like villains in a Jackie Chan movie jumping on him one-by-one and being destroyed), I warped onto him as he went into structure in my Arbitrator, and whored on the killmail. GF's were exchanged in local, we let the pod go because that's how we roll during arranged fights.

Another time recently I'd reshipped for PvE with a corp-mate. A new hole opened on our way back home, and they ganked us on the hole. Not intentional PvP -- and we lost horribly to a half-dozen T3s -- but we'll take it.

We skirmish with Null groups, bait in lowsec, and take what comes.

My killboard sure looks sad, though. It is the lot of most logistics pilots. On the plus side, not showing up on killmails means people are likely to ignore our relevance to battle outcomes...
Stoned Wish
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2014-02-04 22:57:44 UTC
Senn Denroth wrote:

Lord Azori
Bob's Bait and Tackle
I Showed You My Probes... Please Respond...
#54 - 2014-02-05 00:18:56 UTC
Senn Denroth wrote:

Group A -

Group B -
* Farmers.

Team Pizza tries VERY hard to be in group A. We gave no problem going balls deep, and fight for the fight, not efficiency. Complaining about our kill board ratio is a sure way to not make it through our trial period. Lots of good WH groups in this thread.
Hidden Fremen
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#55 - 2014-02-05 00:21:25 UTC
TIL - Everything is a batphone now.
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#56 - 2014-02-05 00:21:44 UTC
In wormhole space, Pizza delivers you.

No trolling please

Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#57 - 2014-02-05 00:31:03 UTC
Hidden Fremen wrote:
TIL - Everything is a batphone now.

Shut up before I call NoHo Evil

No trolling please

Alundil
Rolled Out
#58 - 2014-02-05 04:24:46 UTC
Every. time. it's. Presented.

Quite fun.

I'm right behind you

Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#59 - 2014-02-05 06:10:03 UTC
We'll fight anyone, anytime in anything, unless it's obvious we're going to just die w/out having a chance to kill anything. Pirate

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

TurboX3
Pulling The Plug
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#60 - 2014-02-05 09:06:27 UTC
I will only fight if I get SRP!