These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The ESS has to go

First post First post
Author
James Arget
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#101 - 2014-01-30 18:48:39 UTC
Winthorp wrote:
Wow James it has been almost a year since the WH community has heard from you or seen you post on forums, are elections this close already?

I appear in times of great strife.

CSM 8 Representative

http://csm8.org

Dmitry Wizard
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#102 - 2014-01-30 18:50:44 UTC
James Arget wrote:
Winthorp wrote:
Wow James it has been almost a year since the WH community has heard from you or seen you post on forums, are elections this close already?

To agree with the strife? tsk tsk tsk

"Wormhole corps are like a bunch of homeschooled kids"

Rall Mekin
End-of-Line
#103 - 2014-01-30 18:51:06 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey guys, just to let you know this is a bug and the team has a fix in the pipeline to be deployed as soon as possible.

We'll keep you updated.

*Bows before the angel of Bob.

Ok, we will relent. Thank you so much.
Ness Phase
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#104 - 2014-01-30 18:55:25 UTC
+1 to remove or fix.
James Arget
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#105 - 2014-01-30 19:15:42 UTC
Dmitry Wizard wrote:
James Arget wrote:
Winthorp wrote:

James Arget wrote:
Right now I'm most likely going to advise CCP to add the same anchor distance limitation as exists for stations. Other options would be to disallow anchoring in wspace entirely, or to turn off the local broadcasting, but I like the fact that I can drop one at the star and anyone dumb enough to warp to it has just announced themselves in local.

This is why I don't post much.Ugh

CSM 8 Representative

http://csm8.org

Anariasis
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#106 - 2014-01-30 19:28:02 UTC
Finally realizing that testing-system on SiSi should always have a wormhole in it? I bet someone would have spotted it then.
Tyrant Scorn
#107 - 2014-01-30 19:38:46 UTC
Anariasis wrote:
Finally realizing that testing-system on SiSi should always have a wormhole in it? I bet someone would have spotted it then.

Finding a WH from Empire on SiSi is pretty hard because the signatures don't get cycled like they are on Tranq. To test WH space features you have to have a SiSi character in WH space at the time of the account/character sync and make sure you don't take your character out. That way you will always have a character to scan your way into a WH.
Anariasis
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#108 - 2014-01-30 19:45:42 UTC
Exactly, but I guess it's not too difficult to script a WH into the testing system on SiSi. So that there's always one in there.
Keith Planck
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#109 - 2014-01-30 20:37:34 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey guys, just to let you know this is a bug and the team has a fix in the pipeline to be deployed as soon as possible.

We'll keep you updated.

Whelp that ends that, goodbye ESS

But jesus the amount of butthurt over it is insane, people have such unrealistic views of what this thing actually is and what it can do.

You'd think it automatically warped all PvE ships back to their pos when it was triggered.
M Thomas
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#110 - 2014-01-30 20:42:52 UTC
James Arget wrote:
Dmitry Wizard wrote:
James Arget wrote:
Winthorp wrote:

James Arget wrote:
Right now I'm most likely going to advise CCP to add the same anchor distance limitation as exists for stations. Other options would be to disallow anchoring in wspace entirely, or to turn off the local broadcasting, but I like the fact that I can drop one at the star and anyone dumb enough to warp to it has just announced themselves in local.

This is why I don't post much.Ugh

I for one thank James for his courage in taking up the "more local intel in wspace" banner in the face of so much opposition. Many of us love null sec and want wpsace to take more steps that direction. Thank you James for being our voice.
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#111 - 2014-01-30 21:02:11 UTC
M Thomas wrote:

I for one thank James for his courage in taking up the "more local intel in wspace" banner in the face of so much opposition. Many of us love null sec and want wpsace to take more steps that direction. Thank you James for being our voice.

Next time we run into you, we are seeding caps P

No trolling please

MrOogie Boogie
Oogie Boogie Inc
#112 - 2014-01-30 21:02:42 UTC
Anariasis wrote:
Exactly, but I guess it's not too difficult to script a WH into the testing system on SiSi. So that there's always one in there.

if there is a gm or a dev on sisi, you should be able to load up a hauler with what you want to test, or a probe ship and asked to be moved to a specific WH system. They move people around empire space all the time, if you had a valid reason it should not be to difficult to nicely ask to be moved to system j111111 or whatever
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#113 - 2014-01-30 21:16:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Miton
Keith Planck wrote:
whats the difference between this and having a 1 day old tune in a t1 frigate cloaked beside the hole with your sound on?

are you trolling or intentionally ignorant?

Keith Planck wrote:
You'd think it automatically warped all PvE ships back to their pos when it was triggered.

that is, quite literally, exactly what it does in WHs.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Dmitry Wizard
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#114 - 2014-01-30 21:31:45 UTC
^ this. im glad its being tucked away in the "things that should not be here" vault. Long live no local

"Wormhole corps are like a bunch of homeschooled kids"

Desmond Strickler
#115 - 2014-01-30 21:33:14 UTC
Keith Planck wrote:
Dmitry Wizard wrote:
thats not the point keith. its a 30 km bubble and broadcasts who you are in local.... its broken

It is the point...
It's cheaper and more efficient to use a real bubble and listen to the hole on an alt
It's 25mil and cant be recovered so it's not like you can move them from wormhole to wormhole.

It's just a slightly more convenient and expensive but less effective method of watching for Gankers.

If those bears you tried to Gank had a large bubble and a scout on the hole you wouldn't have killed them.

You won't see these on holes any more frequently then you'll see large bubbles.

So what exactly is it breaking?

Because human error is more common than system error. Sometimes people won't catch the wh sound, but you will NEVER miss a ESS broadcast in local. It gives ratters/miners 100% security.

[b]Part-Time Moon Bear and Full-Time Black Guy

"My other dread is a Swaglafar"[/b]

Roggle
Tactically Euthanized
#116 - 2014-01-30 22:50:15 UTC
Just as easy to put a cloaked alt on the hole, but no one bitches about that.
Rall Mekin
End-of-Line
#117 - 2014-01-30 22:57:00 UTC
Roggle wrote:

It requires player activity and diligence; not a free broadcast in local when anyone enters. Might as well be null sec in that case. As said many times, it's already bad enough that when you are hunting and you roll into someone, they see your new sig appear on the odyssey scanner. At one time, you needed probes being cycled constantly for that--I,for one, miss those days.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#118 - 2014-01-30 23:19:24 UTC
Roggle wrote:

Sometimes my alt misses someone jumping in when I have to go pee.
Peter Moonlight
Suddenly Carebears
#119 - 2014-01-31 00:04:34 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Roggle wrote:

Sometimes my alt misses someone jumping in when I have to go pee.

Ah, experienced that long time ago, and before that no one was jumping in for like 3 hours lol..
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#120 - 2014-01-31 00:06:33 UTC
Roggle wrote:

That is because that intel is worked for. A player has to pay attention to said wormhole to notice someone entering. The ESS gives free intel with no effort, which is exactly what wh space doesn't need.

No trolling please