These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why isn t there any walking around stations/ships etc?

First post
Author
Ginger Barbarella
#61 - 2014-01-30 22:36:48 UTC
Grayland Aubaris wrote:
Considering how nobody wants WIS I see an awful lot of threads from people asking for WIS.

Or maybe just the same people asking over and over? ;-) Personally I don't give a crap about WiS; it's like CQ: I never see it because I have it shut off. My main gripe is CCP building new features that a lot of people OVERALL don't want, and that development is taking away from fixing bugs that have been in the game for years.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2014-01-30 22:37:26 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
You know, I've always found it funny how in any discussion on this subject, there is always a considerable amount of effort dedicated to glossing over the fact that catering to the whims of the WiS crowd in the first place has been the game's greatest catastrophe to date.

Exactly! But if you call them on it they just pop off with "Well we don't need much...we just want to open the door!" like they would be satisfied with a dingy room and an empty hallway to go along with it. Roll

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#63 - 2014-01-30 22:38:37 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Exactly but the people who won't shut up about WiS act like they can't live for another minute unless CCP starts adding wizard robes to the game.

I think that's a bit of an over-zealous statement.

Yes, there's quite a few people who enjoy discussing WiS and encouraging CCP to work on it. So? They're not allowed to do so? What's wrong with talking about it, encouraging it, posting ideas and suggestions for it?

In anycase last time I looked these people were vastly out-numbered by the people compaining about elements of the spaceship game, acting like they can't live for another minute unless CCP 'fixes' the part of the game most important to them and them alone.

Rhes wrote:
The WiS fetishists

Oh Rhes. Pirate

Quote:
...aren't willing to admit that Incarna was a disaster and caused CCP to step back and refocus on actual Eve content.

Heh, you think? I'm a supporter of WiS and an avid roleplayer too (but who's main love is of course for the spaceship game - else why would I be here?) but I'm happy to agree that Incarna was a shambles. Almost nothing that was promised was delivered. And as I've said before if anyone should be pissed about how Incarna turned out it should be the WiS supporters.

Now that's not to say that I don't love what was delivered in Incarna in any event. I do, but it fell way short of what everyone was expecting.

Rhes wrote:
Or they just start talking about Star Citizen which will probably end up as vaporware but isn't even an MMORPG.

Meh, Star Citizen.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2014-01-30 22:38:44 UTC
I think underlying all the claimed reasons for opposing WIS is a deep insecurity that EVE might then become popular for the "wrong" reasons and all sorts of people without the "right attitude" will start to play and ruin the game for those dedicated to pew pew.
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#65 - 2014-01-30 22:45:02 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
I think underlying all the claimed reasons for opposing WIS is a deep insecurity that EVE might then become popular for the "wrong" reasons and all sorts of people without the "right attitude" will start to play and ruin the game for those dedicated to pew pew.

I think there's some merit in that statement.

In some abstract ways some people link WiS with roleplaying. I guess the two would be complimentary, so it's easy to see why.

Now just look at the attitude a big swathe of the EVE community has toward roleplay - it's strange, they don't get it, they don't understand why people do it. Roleplay, and it's abstract link to WiS, quite literally scares a lot of people. Seriously.

Example case-in-point a quote in my bio from a random guy who let fly a series of roleplay-phobic evemails to me once after he encountered my character. I've never encountered people with such attitudes in any other MMO I've played other than EVE.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#66 - 2014-01-30 23:22:15 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
And as I've said before if anyone should be pissed about how Incarna turned out it should be the WiS supporters.

The real outrage over Incarna was that CCP wasted two years developing it while ignoring Eve. It's even more depressing considering how much great work they have done on spaceships since the Summer of Rage. Imagine how much closer we would be to fixing things like sov, POS mechanics, supercap proliferation, etc if they hadn't wasted so much time on nonsense.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#67 - 2014-01-30 23:30:35 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:
And as I've said before if anyone should be pissed about how Incarna turned out it should be the WiS supporters.

The real outrage over Incarna was that CCP wasted two years developing it while ignoring Eve. It's even more depressing considering how much great work they have done on spaceships since the Summer of Rage. Imagine how much closer we would be to fixing things like sov, POS mechanics, supercap proliferation, etc if they hadn't wasted so much time on nonsense.

Pretty sure we already discussed these points before in some other thread? P

/shrug

Meh. I blame myself for getting into the same round-about discussion with you again I guess. Your attitude to WiS is frustratingly non-compromising and negative and your points are almost always repetitive, but I've found your posts generally well thought-out most times (albiet a bit trolly in places) and respect your opinion.

But WiS shall prevail! Bear

... eventually.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2014-01-30 23:33:49 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:

Pretty sure we already discussed these points before in some other thread? P

/shrug

Meh. I blame myself for getting into the same round-about discussion with you again I guess. Your attitude to WiS is frustratingly non-compromising and negative and your points are almost always repetitive, but I've found your posts generally well thought-out most times (albiet a bit trolly in places) and respect your opinion.

But WiS shall prevail! Bear

... eventually.

You are among the more reasonable WiS fetishists if that makes you feel any better. At the very least you recognize that WiS content isn't coming any time soon.

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#69 - 2014-01-30 23:41:49 UTC
Rhes wrote:
fetishists

Confirming I have seen **** that would turn Rhes white.

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2014-01-31 00:16:06 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Now just look at the attitude a big swathe of the EVE community has toward roleplay - it's strange, they don't get it, they don't understand why people do it. Roleplay, and it's abstract link to WiS, quite literally scares a lot of people.
What these people miss is that there is no opt out of roleplaying from EVE. Every character has his personality and influences the game with it, even if said personality is actually the personality of the player and not a made up character.

Otoh, the gankers of the New Order get it perfectly. It doesn't matter if it's just an excuse for what they do (which they wouldn't need anyway!), each player still creates a personality that influences the game in some manner ... and in their manner it's exactly what they would do without roleplaying anyway.

You can't opt out of roleplaying in EVE just as you can't opt out of society in reallife.

The "roleplayers" in EVE just take it to a different level. The sad fact that it's mostly beeshit doesn't change that.

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2014-01-31 00:17:40 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Rhes wrote:
fetishists

After only ten-ish minutes in "The Summit", some female sent me a mail, throwing her panties at me.

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#72 - 2014-01-31 00:34:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Erica Dusette
Angelica Dreamstar wrote:
Erica Dusette wrote:
Rhes wrote:
fetishists

After only ten-ish minutes in "The Summit", some female sent me a mail, throwing her panties at me.

Sweet. At least she was wearing some.

Seems to be a lot of bi/lesbian characters around. Strangely. Lol

Pity Erica's straight, it means I generally miss all the fun. Blink

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2014-01-31 00:37:53 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Sweet. At least she was wearing some.
lol

Quote:
Seems to be a lot of bi/lesbian characters around. Strangely. Lol
LOL

Quote:
Pity Erica's straight, it means I generally miss all the fun. Blink
aww :(

Sointu Luonnotar
Doomheim
#74 - 2014-01-31 01:15:20 UTC
I see... Rhes keeps bumping WIS threads with his mere existence. Secretly, he wants it like the rests of us.

You're doing God's work Rhes.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#75 - 2014-01-31 02:07:30 UTC
Rhes wants WiS. What he doesn't want is for it to focus on playing dress up.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#76 - 2014-01-31 02:25:04 UTC
Sointu Luonnotar wrote:
You're doing God's work Rhes.

Posting is a calling.

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#77 - 2014-01-31 02:33:06 UTC
Flamespar wrote:

I think he'd look great in knee-high boots and a cropped Sisters of EVE tee. Oops

But actually I don't know if you're right. From memory Rhes (and many others) don't have an issue with WiS or dress up stuff per se, but are against it's inception because they believe CCP cannot implement it in a manner which doesn't detract from the spaceship game.

In other words they have little confidence in CCP.

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#78 - 2014-01-31 02:57:47 UTC
Hatthor wrote:
Just wondering?

Under which rock have you been hiding for the last three years?

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#79 - 2014-01-31 04:19:27 UTC
they will say the code is to old to do the rest of the station Twisted

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#80 - 2014-01-31 04:28:45 UTC
Flamespar wrote:

I think this is something we can all agree on tbh.