These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Memorialize the battle of B-R

First post
Author
Laconic Nexus
Happy Idiot Talk
#1 - 2014-01-28 15:25:52 UTC
As suggested by others, CCP should memorialize the battle of B-R by preserving the wreck field.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#2 - 2014-01-28 15:31:15 UTC
Laconic Nexus wrote:
As suggested by others, CCP should memorialize the battle of B-R by preserving the wreck field.


lol

CCP please violate your own rules by lagging out what will be a heavily contested system with junk so carebear tourists will have something to oggle when the dust settles in a few months
Vembuvend
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-01-28 15:33:06 UTC
Morganta wrote:
Laconic Nexus wrote:
As suggested by others, CCP should memorialize the battle of B-R by preserving the wreck field.


lol

CCP please violate your own rules by lagging out what will be a heavily contested system with junk so carebear tourists will have something to oggle when the dust settles in a few months

Any true carebear will die on their first jump to 00.
GreenSeed
#4 - 2014-01-28 15:40:27 UTC
memorawhat?
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-01-28 15:43:09 UTC
Laconic Nexus wrote:
As suggested by others, CCP should memorialize the battle of B-R by preserving the wreck field.


or y'all could use those nifty tools for creating medals... fleet "maintenance" budgets should all be running a little cheaper today so I'm sure it's affordable, even in Null. Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Bernie Nator
Hateful Intent
Triumvirate.
#6 - 2014-01-28 15:46:13 UTC
Laconic Nexus wrote:
As suggested by others, CCP should memorialize the battle of B-R by preserving the wreck field.

Why?
Ginger Barbarella
#7 - 2014-01-28 15:48:22 UTC
Laconic Nexus wrote:
As suggested by others, CCP should memorialize the battle of B-R by preserving the wreck field.


Oooh, I know, give all the participants a 5-run, zero material Nestor blueprint!!!

Roll

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Siegfried Tahl
STCorp
#8 - 2014-01-28 15:49:14 UTC
Ginger Barbarella
#9 - 2014-01-28 15:49:40 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
Laconic Nexus wrote:
As suggested by others, CCP should memorialize the battle of B-R by preserving the wreck field.


or y'all could use those nifty tools for creating medals... fleet "maintenance" budgets should all be running a little cheaper today so I'm sure it's affordable, even in Null. Blink



Naw, they'll just log in their high sec industry and mining toons, maek some bank, and then start whining about the inequities of null sec industry again. Lol

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

TharOkha
0asis Group
#10 - 2014-01-28 15:50:23 UTC
Morganta wrote:
Laconic Nexus wrote:
As suggested by others, CCP should memorialize the battle of B-R by preserving the wreck field.


lol

CCP please violate your own rules by lagging out what will be a heavily contested system with junk so carebear tourists will have something to oggle when the dust settles in a few months


man, you must be feeling really important. Big smile

wreck field can be done as one static object.
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#11 - 2014-01-28 15:54:14 UTC
TharOkha wrote:
Morganta wrote:
Laconic Nexus wrote:
As suggested by others, CCP should memorialize the battle of B-R by preserving the wreck field.


lol

CCP please violate your own rules by lagging out what will be a heavily contested system with junk so carebear tourists will have something to oggle when the dust settles in a few months


man, you must be feeling really important. Big smile

wreck field can be done as one static object.

Correct.

The wrecks need not be interactive. Though I would find it cool if they became a haven/spawn-point for nasty-vicious rats. that would keep some of the tourists at bay... And the others would become part of content, as NulSeccers blow them out of space. People are always bitching about lack of population in Nul - this might go a small way towards fixing that. Or not.

Anyway, the wreck field would make for good marketting.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2014-01-28 15:59:04 UTC
Plastic Psycho wrote:

Correct.

The wrecks need not be interactive. Though I would find it cool if they became a haven/spawn-point for nasty-vicious rats. that would keep some of the tourists at bay... And the others would become part of content, as NulSeccers blow them out of space. People are always bitching about lack of population in Nul - this might go a small way towards fixing that. Or not.

Anyway, the wreck field would make for good marketting.

this fight happened on grid with the station so i suspect that murderous rats there might be a little bit poor design

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

hedge betts Shiyurida
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-01-28 15:59:10 UTC  |  Edited by: hedge betts Shiyurida
Go tell the jovians, passersby
That here , by capsular law, we lie


A wordplay of the Epitaph of Simonides . Laid in tribute to king leonidas and the 300 Spartans

Pog mo thoin

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#14 - 2014-01-28 16:58:11 UTC
Weaselior wrote:

this fight happened on grid with the station so i suspect that murderous rats there might be a little bit poor design


It would be hilarious. And make short work of cyno ships to boot :)
ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#15 - 2014-01-28 17:44:04 UTC
Yeah, it's totally an important and special place.

...until the next supercapital battle takes place.

Dodixie > Hek

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#16 - 2014-01-28 17:46:23 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
Plastic Psycho wrote:

Correct.

The wrecks need not be interactive. Though I would find it cool if they became a haven/spawn-point for nasty-vicious rats. that would keep some of the tourists at bay... And the others would become part of content, as NulSeccers blow them out of space. People are always bitching about lack of population in Nul - this might go a small way towards fixing that. Or not.

Anyway, the wreck field would make for good marketting.

this fight happened on grid with the station so i suspect that murderous rats there might be a little bit poor design

I think that would be awesome.

But, if in their wisdom, CCP feels the rats might be a bit much, then have the wrecks 'drift' a thousand klicks or so. Murderous rats near-by, instead of on-tap.

Not that folks wouldn't still find ways to play games with them. Twisted
Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#17 - 2014-01-28 17:48:04 UTC
Plastic Psycho wrote:
TharOkha wrote:
Morganta wrote:
Laconic Nexus wrote:
As suggested by others, CCP should memorialize the battle of B-R by preserving the wreck field.


lol

CCP please violate your own rules by lagging out what will be a heavily contested system with junk so carebear tourists will have something to oggle when the dust settles in a few months


man, you must be feeling really important. Big smile

wreck field can be done as one static object.

Correct.

The wrecks need not be interactive. Though I would find it cool if they became a haven/spawn-point for nasty-vicious rats. that would keep some of the tourists at bay... And the others would become part of content, as NulSeccers blow them out of space. People are always bitching about lack of population in Nul - this might go a small way towards fixing that. Or not.

Anyway, the wreck field would make for good marketting.


well then thats a static monument, not "preserving the wreck field"

although I can see the positive implications of such a roadside attraction in B-R
Mario Putzo
#18 - 2014-01-28 17:58:29 UTC
Change the System name to T1T-GY (titan graveyard) and have a dead space beacon (for warping too) sit off the station containing the burned out wrecks of Titans/Dreads/Carriers/Supers inside. You can even put a billboard up in there that displays stats from the fight.
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#19 - 2014-01-28 18:04:02 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Change the System name to T1T-GY (titan graveyard) and have a dead space beacon (for warping too) sit off the station containing the burned out wrecks of Titans/Dreads/Carriers/Supers inside. You can even put a billboard up in there that displays stats from the fight.

That works.
Maybe stats, plus some of the key players. Or a scolling list of the dead. Lol
TheMercenaryKing
Ultimatum.
#20 - 2014-01-28 18:09:12 UTC
memorialize it by a perm 10% tidi in that system.
123Next page