These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Chats not showing standings.

First post
Author
Icarius
The Wings of Maak
#21 - 2014-01-28 22:13:17 UTC
Lame

Thus we all already know ccp never test their patches

Almost as good as an ios7 patch
Katherine Dune
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-01-28 22:27:52 UTC
this needs to be fixed asap. its one of the most basic and important features especially for players living in nullsec. we need local to show standings so we can monitor our systems
Steelrattty
Broski North
#23 - 2014-01-28 23:14:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Steelrattty
CCP Goliath wrote:
Confirming the confirmations are confirmed. We are on the case.

THERES LITERLALY NO REASON TO ADD STANDINGS BACK TO LOCAL,

http://strawpoll.me/1089777

I PROPOSE A STRAWPOLL TO DECIDE
Elvamerc
Appetite 4 Destruction
#24 - 2014-01-29 00:12:47 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Confirming the confirmations are confirmed. We are on the case.

Any chance we could get an estimate on a fix timeline?

Thanks

o/

Elvamerc
zerquse
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-01-29 01:32:19 UTC
Neutrals are docking in our stations
GreGh Rakrot
Higher Than Everest
#26 - 2014-01-29 09:03:30 UTC
Its not a bug its a feature.. CCP please keep it as it is. :)
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#27 - 2014-01-29 11:06:24 UTC
Dorijan wrote:
What a colossal screw up, one would think that there's a checklist for the core gameplay mechanics that get tested by QA before deploying.

Then again, what was I expecting.

There is, it's called a regression suite and is hugely comprehensive and run continually (takes 2 weeks to complete). Unfortunately, on occasion some things get missed and we are looking in to why this happened so that we can ensure it doesn't happen again.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#28 - 2014-01-29 11:17:23 UTC
Dante Tsaronis wrote:
This bug was on SiSi for weeks. How is its presence on TQ possibly unexpected? I assumed it was intentional (although obviously not the POSs going skynet) because some months ago devs were wanting to remove the FOF function of the colortags from local. Surely you anticipated this happening when you published something to TQ that has been on SiSi for so long, and with so many people witnessing it? That's what the test servers are for, after all... right?

Noone bug reported it, or mentioned it in the forums in an obvious way I guess, at least not in a form that I could find (checking Test Server Feedback forums & issues sticky, and all bug reports received since we updated Sisi). It's not actually super easy to spot on Sisi, as people tend to switch corps a lot and be less concerned with standings so they don't set them up again.

We still don't have a proper 100% repro on the POS issue and have had no concrete reports from players that this happened to, so no evidence that it did actually occur, although there is quite a bit of anecdotal evidence circling around but two at least of these cases were just confusion about how POS standings and aggression work :(

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

zerquse
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-01-29 18:27:00 UTC
yall broke the overview, it controls tags in local. try there.
asteroidjas
Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services
The Possum Lodge
#30 - 2014-01-30 13:27:00 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Noone bug reported it...

Thats your QA defense? Could it also be because the Devs, in general, seem to have a horrid history of taking SiSi feedback seriously, to the point where alot of players have just plain stopped wasting their time to give you the feedback on items you never check? (yes, there are a handful of examples of positive instances, but WAAY WAAY more of the negative side...nestor feedback anyone? )

WTB: QA job that doesn't do anything until someone bird-dogs every single problem for me.
Josh Darnit
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2014-02-21 05:59:15 UTC
Maybe you should do as other companies and offer some kind of reward per confirmed bug found.. Not in real currency though but in ISK or Training time, maybe that would get you more players actively trying to break your releases on the test server :)
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#32 - 2014-02-21 09:54:54 UTC
Josh Darnit wrote:
Maybe you should do as other companies and offer some kind of reward per confirmed bug found.. Not in real currency though but in ISK or Training time, maybe that would get you more players actively trying to break your releases on the test server :)

not long ago, ppl were testing things on test server.

since then, CCP revamped the bug report system, making it a pain in the rear to use, with no feedback, no ID, no way to edit or follow bugs.

if you add to this, the fact CCP doesn't give a damn about said reports, or feedback being completely ignored, you have the reasons WHY ppl doesn't test or bug report anymore
Previous page12