These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Can a Low Skill Apoc do level 4 running

Author
Iyokus Patrouette
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2014-01-21 22:53:22 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Katherine Dune wrote:
I tried this build and with basic level 3 battleship/level 3 large energy it would look like this and its the only one that fits

I don't know how new you are but a while back, CCP gave everyone some free implants for Christmas. Nowadays, you can get them really cheap on the market. They're called Genolution CA-1 and CA-2. I think they cost about 50m for the pair, plus you can get skill hardwires really cheap which help you with fitting. I'd recommend any new player uses those implants for PvE activities.

Very much agree with the Genolution CA-1 and CA-2 idea, I face planted my alt into a gate camp and lost his pod, once i tried to jump back into my other ships without those two implants nothing worked Smile they really are worth the 50mil.

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Katherine Dune
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-01-22 04:15:11 UTC
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Katherine_Dune

Heres my eveboard for the guy who asked for it
IIshira
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-01-22 06:12:31 UTC
Katherine Dune wrote:

Just as I suspected you're skills are all over the place. You got every kind of ship, guns, missiles, armor, shield etc. you really really need to focus and decide what you want to fly. At least pick armor/shield and guns/missiles. I'm on my phone at work (damn RL work takes all my Eve time) so I'll try to be more specific when I get on my computer. I did notice you lacked drones 5 and you don't have the "drone interfacing skill". I would use extreme caution doing missions solo because if you get in a bad spot you won't be able to kill a scramming frigate before you go pop. Not trying to discourage you... Just be careful.
Odithia
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2014-01-22 06:44:17 UTC
IIshira wrote:
Katherine Dune wrote:

Just as I suspected you're skills are all over the place. You got every kind of ship, guns, missiles, armor, shield etc. you really really need to focus and decide what you want to fly. At least pick armor/shield and guns/missiles. I'm on my phone at work (damn RL work takes all my Eve time) so I'll try to be more specific when I get on my computer. I did notice you lacked drones 5 and you don't have the "drone interfacing skill". I would use extreme caution doing missions solo because if you get in a bad spot you won't be able to kill a scramming frigate before you go pop. Not trying to discourage you... Just be careful.

Yup if you do missions you will die.

Also you're closer from a Raven than an Apoc.
IIshira
Caldari State
#25 - 2014-01-22 06:48:05 UTC
Odithia wrote:
IIshira wrote:
Katherine Dune wrote:

I think if she keeps at MJD distance from Sansha she would be okay but if she made a mistake and got tackled close it might be ugly. It's hard to see all the skills on a phone though.
Katherine Dune
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-01-22 07:35:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Katherine Dune
IIshira wrote:
Odithia wrote:
IIshira wrote:
Katherine Dune wrote:

I think if she keeps at MJD distance from Sansha she would be okay but if she made a mistake and got tackled close it might be ugly. It's hard to see all the skills on a phone though.

oh i did forget to menchone this isnt all "right now" this is just future planning and im trying to pick what path i want. and the apoc is the most appealing BS to me at the moment

i noticed you menchoned a raven. i decided to try out a raven build in EFT. here's what it looks like

http://imgur.com/0XiKwY9
IIshira
Caldari State
#27 - 2014-01-22 07:41:38 UTC
Katherine Dune wrote:
IIshira wrote:
Odithia wrote:
IIshira wrote:
Katherine Dune wrote:

oh i did forget to menchone this isnt all "right now" this is just future planning and im trying to pick what path i want. and the apoc is the most appealing BS to me at the moment

If you want to stay in Amarr space Apoc is awesome and that works you into a Paladin. However for fighting Guristas, Serpentis, etc you can do better with missiles. All depends on what you want. I personally love my Apoc more than my Raven.
Katherine Dune
Caldari State
#28 - 2014-01-22 07:44:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Katherine Dune
IIshira wrote:

If you want to stay in Amarr space Apoc is awesome and that works you into a Paladin. However for fighting Guristas, Serpentis, etc you can do better with missiles. All depends on what you want. I personally love my Apoc more than my Raven.

If i had to choose. id without question keep training for an apoc and eventually get one. and heck. do missions to get level 4 amarr space missions

Something about the apoc just gets me xD its definatly my favourite, i made those builds just to give an idea of what other battleships would look like stats wise and to see what would be best for level 4 running for me

i dont mind doing more training
IIshira
Caldari State
#29 - 2014-01-22 09:56:10 UTC  |  Edited by: IIshira
FIrst get some implants to help speed up your training.

For slot 4 get either "Cybernetic Subprocessor - Basic" or "Genolution Core Augmentation CA-2 "

For slot two get "Memory Augmentation - Basic".

If you choose the "Genolution Core Augmentation CA-2" for slot 4 get the "Genolution Core Augmentation CA-1" for slot 1. Don't worry about the other two "Genolution" implants as they are very expensive.

Okay from looking at your skills I would recommend training these to 5 before you train anything else. They're rank 1 skills so they won't take long and will benefit you greatly

Train to 5 in this order.
Power Grid Management
CPU Management
Capacitor Systems Operation
Mechanics
Repair Systems

If you don't have it already get Evemon. It will show your skills when you're not on Eve and you can make a skill plan.

I see you're training gunnery to 5 for large turrets. With your current skills I would discourage you get in a battleship at this point. You can do it but you also might lose it so that's up to you.

If there are any grammar or other errors in this post it's because I've been up for quite a few hours... I'm off to sleep o/
Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#30 - 2014-01-22 15:53:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Noxisia Arkana
T2 Light drones will keep you alive if you do get tackled. As will a MJD.

You don't need to have any kind of skills to mission (I've done L4s with under 4 mil SP and minmatar BS2 on a cruiser focused pilot). You just need to be smart.

Edit: Also, if that's the person's first toon - having skills all over the place is 100% ok. Don't focus your training until you really figure out what you want to do. You can do things efficiently but it's rarely fun.
Kirkwood Ross
Golden Profession
#31 - 2014-01-22 23:12:40 UTC
No need for faction ammo.
Swap the AB for a Micro jump drive. (This will give you sniper range and tank because some npcs are short range)
IIshira
Caldari State
#32 - 2014-01-22 23:36:27 UTC
Noxisia Arkana wrote:
T2 Light drones will keep you alive if you do get tackled. As will a MJD.

You don't need to have any kind of skills to mission (I've done L4s with under 4 mil SP and minmatar BS2 on a cruiser focused pilot). You just need to be smart.

Edit: Also, if that's the person's first toon - having skills all over the place is 100% ok. Don't focus your training until you really figure out what you want to do. You can do things efficiently but it's rarely fun.

I didn't say you couldn't do it, it's just bit risky. A MJD will get you out long as you're not waiting for the cooldown.

Skills all over the place is never good for a starting pilot especially if they don't have core skills. I did this on my first pilot so I'm not saying I'm better or perfect. I just learn from my mistakes. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you have to be 100 percent focused but you should pick one type of tank and one type of weapon system at first.
IIshira
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-01-22 23:38:52 UTC  |  Edited by: IIshira
Kirkwood Ross wrote:
No need for faction ammo.

With other types of faction ammo it might not be worth it but faction crystals are pretty much standard for running missions. They last a while and are well worth the extra DPS.
Alice Ituin
Doomheim
#34 - 2014-01-23 00:10:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Alice Ituin
There is really no reason NOT to use faction ammo on laser ships.
A faction large crystal costs about 800k ISK and lasts 4000 shots. Thats 200 ISK per shot which is just slightly above the price of normal (non laser) ammo.
Especially with low skills the damage increase helps a lot.

The apoc is a nice mission ship. If you like it, go for it. ;)
Odithia
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2014-01-23 07:11:44 UTC
http://imgur.com/vSyJ0aV

Here are an Apoc and Raven fit.
Replace T2 modules with meta 3/4.
Astar Semah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2014-01-23 10:33:36 UTC
Well, i am a new pilot as well, 3.5mil sp only, with half of it into scanning but I made the following navy apoc for 4th missions:

8*tachs meta4

MJD
Cap recharger ii
Tracking computer (meta 4)
Sensor booster (meta 4)

3*heat sinks (imperial navy)
Power diagnostic system (dark blood, just because it is droped for me)
Beta reactor control: capacitor power relay i
Energized adaptive nano membrane (dark blood, just because it is droped for me)
Reactive armor hardener
Core C-type large armor repairer (one of most expensive items to purchase)

2* Large Capacitor Control ii (also cost alot and i cannot fit it myself yet, but I hope to find one fitted in contracts or just ask corpmates to help to fit it)
Large Ancillary Current Router (or tachs wont fit)

Also get implants: eg-603 (for fitting), mr-703, em-803, ss-903.

Stats with my noob skills bs3, supports 3

Target range - 133

Microwave - 117+26 range, 250 dps, 2000 vooley - last 18 mins with repair on, but you should not need it all the time on this range anyway

Ultraviolet - 73+26, 380 dps, 3010 vooley - cap stable with repair on

Multifreq - 42+26, 507 dps, 4014 vooley - last 5 mins with repair on, so in case you run out of cap should switch to uv...

And surely I got drones to 5 with drone interface 2... not that much but enough to kill tackler frigs if they come close.
As you can see i use mostly meta 4 modules because of lack of skills, but stil it should be able to fly and shoot some )
IIshira
Caldari State
#37 - 2014-01-23 14:20:30 UTC  |  Edited by: IIshira
Astar Semah wrote:
Well, i am a new pilot as well, 3.5mil sp only, with half of it into scanning but I made the following navy apoc for 4th missions:

8*tachs meta4

MJD
Cap recharger ii
Tracking computer (meta 4)
Sensor booster (meta 4)

3*heat sinks (imperial navy)
Power diagnostic system (dark blood, just because it is droped for me)
Beta reactor control: capacitor power relay i
Energized adaptive nano membrane (dark blood, just because it is droped for me)
Reactive armor hardener
Core C-type large armor repairer (one of most expensive items to purchase)

2* Large Capacitor Control ii (also cost alot and i cannot fit it myself yet, but I hope to find one fitted in contracts or just ask corpmates to help to fit it)
Large Ancillary Current Router (or tachs wont fit)

Also get implants: eg-603 (for fitting), mr-703, em-803, ss-903.

Stats with my noob skills bs3, supports 3

Target range - 133

Microwave - 117+26 range, 250 dps, 2000 vooley - last 18 mins with repair on, but you should not need it all the time on this range anyway

Ultraviolet - 73+26, 380 dps, 3010 vooley - cap stable with repair on

Multifreq - 42+26, 507 dps, 4014 vooley - last 5 mins with repair on, so in case you run out of cap should switch to uv...

And surely I got drones to 5 with drone interface 2... not that much but enough to kill tackler frigs if they come close.
As you can see i use mostly meta 4 modules because of lack of skills, but stil it should be able to fly and shoot some )

I think the OP was going with the regular Apoc but the navy version is very nice. It has a bit better tank and DPS.

Your fit has so many cap/ fitting mods but if it works for you then it's good. I recommend at least replace the cap recharger with a second tracking computer for better damage application.
Astar Semah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2014-01-23 14:32:41 UTC
IIshira wrote:
I think the OP was going with the regular Apoc but the navy version is very nice. It has a bit better tank and DPS.

Your fit has so many cap/ fitting mods but if it works for you then it's good. I recommend at least replace the cap recharger with a second tracking computer for better damage application.

Well, not sure it make any sense on that distances but i will see, ECCM radar is another option i am looking for, because of track dis and dampers.
Odithia
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2014-01-23 14:50:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Odithia
Astar Semah wrote:
IIshira wrote:

Well, not sure it make any sense on that distances but i will see, ECCM radar is another option i am looking for, because of track dis and dampers.

Eccm counter ECM
Sensor Booster counter Damper
Tracking Computer counter Disruptor

Don't want to be a **** but I think your NApoc will make an expensive and embarrassing loss mail with so little SP.
You don't have much room for errors.
Astar Semah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2014-01-23 15:14:57 UTC
Odithia wrote:

Eccm counter ECM
Sensor Booster counter Damper
Tracking Computer counter Disruptor

Don't want to be a **** but I think your NApoc will make an expensive and embarrassing loss mail with so little SP.
You don't have much room for errors.

Thanks for your advices I will be carefull on missions but you are right, any ship will die after undock sooner of later and my low sp might affect this time ).

Seems you dont get the point of ECCM...
Let me open it for you.

You got navy apoc with radar strenth 27 and now 5 sansha ships track dising you while you on mission.

1. You have Tracking Computer that give you +60% range (lets talk about range here), more Tracking Computers - diminishing return hits.
That Sansha Tracking Distrupting you to the ground so you have optimal 20km from 100km (numbers only to show the difference).

2. You have ECCM Radar - that makes your radar strenth 52.9.... that leads to alot of tracking distruption will not work versus you at all.

You can read here more about it on old forum: http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1277798&page=2
Previous page123Next page