These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Low sec must be nerfed, high sec must be nerfed? Start thinking, stop crying.

First post
Author
Galda'ri
#1 - 2014-01-21 00:45:54 UTC
I just rescently took a look at the forums a found dozens of posts about nerfing high sec and nerfing low sec and my question is why?

Sure, there are room for chances and some chances can improve the game but people who are saying stuff like "PvP Should be totally banned from high sec!" and "There should be a penalty for PvP in low sec!" is completely dumb.

Nobody actually stops and thinks, i saw a post today that was old but it existed wich amazed me, basically this guy was accusing every miner in high sec for killing low-sec. Wtf? First of, let's just make a few things clear.

1st: If you make high sec 100% PvP safe Eve would die. Why? Because a lot of players, believe it or not, actually plays Eve as a time killer and enjoys the aspects of mining and manufacturing aswell as mission running.
2nd: If you add a severe penalty (outside of the already implented bounty system) to low-sec pvp, Eve would die. Why? Because low-sec is SUPPOSED to be PvP, it's supposed to be a high risk area to go into.

Now, onto the things i believe should be made better.
For high sec i think that it should be made safer (NOT safe, s-a-f-e-r, for those who starts thinking i'm totally against pvp in high sec) by doing stuff like putting 1 or 2 concorde ship(s) into asteroid belts etc. (I'm aware that this would be stupid in missions since it kind-off makes the point of running them a bit odd if you're gonna have this bodyguard that's gonna attack any pirate/player)

For low sec i actually think it should be made more attractive to players by doing stuff like increasing asteroid quantities or just a straight out yield boost to low sec miners thereby making it worth the risk for them to go into it.

And one of the most weird problems to encounter in Eve. Carebears.

The fact that there's actually a word for players who're not interrested in PvP at all, amazes me. Are you not aware that theese people actually HELP CCP funding eve? That they help make the game you like/love survive and improve? Do you think CCP's staff works for free? That maintaining the server(s) is free? No, that costs money and it's not cheap. Whenever a new patch comes out, CCP paid for that. Whenever someone from customers support replies to an email or w/e, CCP paid for that. How do they pay for it? The subscriptions that EVERYONE pays, not just PvPers, not just Miners or mission runners, EVERYONE. Remove a big part of either of that and the odds of Eve shutting down increases IMMENSELY!

CCP has to take every opinion into consideration because of the fact that people pay in order to play their game but let's make an example.

Let's say that CCP decides to make Eve a 100% PvP active game, removing all security measures from high sec, alright, how do you think new players to Eve are gonna find the game enjoyable? They're not, maybe a small percentage are but not a lot of them because Eve is a time sinking game. Eve takes patience and years to even be mediocre at because of their skill system. How is anybody supposed to get anywhere if Eve where a 100% PvP game when skills can take MONTHS to acquire?

My points are:
Playing Eve for the mining aspect is not something that's wrong.
Playing Eve for the PvP aspect is not something that's wrong.
Playing Eve for missions in high or low sec is not something that's wrong.

Eve IS a sandbox because you CAN do whatever you want in Eve, wether it be PvP, PvE, Mining, Manufacturing or w/e but don't start crying because you simply don't like the fact that somebody actually plays the game and makes a "living" in the game by doing something you think is stupid, just because you think it's stupid doesn't mean it is stupid. Personal

I do not reply to trolls or just straight out dumb posts, so nice try ;D

Durbon Groth
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-01-21 00:50:08 UTC
You can please some of the people some of the time...

You know the rest.
Galda'ri
#3 - 2014-01-21 00:52:54 UTC
Durbon Groth wrote:
You can please some of the people some of the time...

You know the rest.


Yep but neither actually thinks about the large implications of what they're saying might have, they don't stop and think about the actual financial issue it may cause. They just blurt it out because they think that their way of playing is the right way, when pretty much any way of playing Eve is the right way.

I do not reply to trolls or just straight out dumb posts, so nice try ;D

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#4 - 2014-01-21 00:56:49 UTC
Is this a 'Nerf Nothing' thread?



Can we do that?!??!!??

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Galda'ri
#5 - 2014-01-21 00:57:56 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Is this a 'Nerf Nothing' thread?



Can we do that?!??!!??


No, it's not. It's a threat saying that people who are straight out against something that is such a big part of Eve is a dumb thing to post. If you actually READ the post i do get into some changes that can be made. Read a post before you reply to it.

I do not reply to trolls or just straight out dumb posts, so nice try ;D

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#6 - 2014-01-21 01:00:50 UTC
Galda'ri wrote:
[No, it's not. It's a threat saying that people who are straight out against something that is such a big part of Eve is a dumb thing to post. If you actually READ the post i do get into some changes that can be made. Read a post before you reply to it.


Im sorry. You appear to be new to General Discussion.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Alduin666 Shikkoken
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-01-21 01:03:03 UTC
The funny thing, is that this is one of your first posts, and because of the serious tone, no one is going to take the time to read all of that.

Give me a TL;DR so I can troll you properly please.

Honor is a fools prize. [I]Glory is of no use to the dead.[/I]

Be a man! Post with your main! ~Vas'Avi Community Manager

Galda'ri
#8 - 2014-01-21 01:03:10 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Galda'ri wrote:
[No, it's not. It's a threat saying that people who are straight out against something that is such a big part of Eve is a dumb thing to post. If you actually READ the post i do get into some changes that can be made. Read a post before you reply to it.


Im sorry. You appear to be new to General Discussion.


So, you're sitting on the forums just to reply based on the titles? Good to know that i'm the one who doesn't know how to use a forum :)

I do not reply to trolls or just straight out dumb posts, so nice try ;D

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#9 - 2014-01-21 01:05:27 UTC
Galda'ri wrote:
Nobody actually stops and thinks, i saw a post today that was old but it existed wich amazed me, basically this guy was accusing every miner in high sec for killing low-sec.

The Highsec Manifesto? Please refer to Him by His correct title of 'Supreme Protector of Halaima, Saviour of Highsec, Father of the New Order and Hero of New Eden, James 315', not 'this guy'.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#10 - 2014-01-21 01:12:02 UTC
I would be 100% fine with risk-free highsec mining and mission running if (and ONLY if) accounts that participated in it could not participate in other forms of PVP at all.

That means no buying or selling on the markets or contracts; no using those 100% safely mined minerals to produce ships for PVP, and so on.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Galda'ri
#11 - 2014-01-21 01:15:18 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
I would be 100% fine with risk-free highsec mining and mission running if (and ONLY if) accounts that participated in it could not participate in other forms of PVP at all.

That means no buying or selling on the markets or contracts; no using those 100% safely mined minerals to produce ships for PVP, and so on.


A bit harsh but not a bad suggestion no but i like the idea that if high-sec should be made 100% risk free that something like that could be a way to do it, limiting those people in terms of PvP but i think maybe it could be done without straight out throwing them out of PvP. Possibly with a timer of sorts, say that you could choose to be 100% high sec risk free then you'd have a 30days timer on or so, that would restrict you from doing PvP and should you do PvP then you would not be allowed into high-sec areas without being shot by concorde or something like it.

I do not reply to trolls or just straight out dumb posts, so nice try ;D

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2014-01-21 01:16:06 UTC
There is nothing wrong with players who don't wish to take part in PvP and I doubt anybody has any real qualms against them. The only problem is when some of those players say "I don't wish to take part in PvP so please add (insert bullshit mechanic here) that will isolate me from the bad people" rather than accepting that they are legitimate targets regardless of their intentions.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#13 - 2014-01-21 01:18:33 UTC
Andski wrote:
There is nothing wrong with players who don't wish to take part in PvP and I doubt anybody has any real qualms against them. The only problem is when some of those players say "I don't wish to take part in PvP so please add (insert bullshit mechanic here) that will isolate me from the bad people" rather than accepting that they are legitimate targets regardless of their intentions.


You mean like PL and goons who just signed the BOTLRD treaty where they won't attack each other in their home systems, which encompasses most of null sec?
Galda'ri
#14 - 2014-01-21 01:20:34 UTC
Andski wrote:
There is nothing wrong with players who don't wish to take part in PvP and I doubt anybody has any real qualms against them. The only problem is when some of those players say "I don't wish to take part in PvP so please add (insert bullshit mechanic here) that will isolate me from the bad people" rather than accepting that they are legitimate targets regardless of their intentions.


Wise words right there.

I do not reply to trolls or just straight out dumb posts, so nice try ;D

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#15 - 2014-01-21 01:22:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Galda'ri wrote:
So, you're sitting on the forums just to reply based on the titles? Good to know that i'm the one who doesn't know how to use a forum :)


No, you just don't know how to use GD.

GD is dominated by people who are really sick of all the threads calling for nerfing, buffing, ccp's head, someone else's head, leaving game, complaining about this, complaining about that, whining about gankers, whining about miners, suggested features that don't belong here (they belong in Features and Ideas), suggestions to remove features just cause 1 player doesn't like them (these also belong in Features and Ideas) and generally any other kind of whiny thread or thread that has been repeated a thousand times (most of them - including every question, point and suggestion you included in your opening post).

All we really want is a bit of comedy and a good argument every now and then (as in well constructed and intelligent).

As a result of good arguments being few and far between, most regulars in GD already know the content of an opening post, just from the thread title. It's all been seen before and we lament that the search function isn't the only thing available on the page before someone is allowed to post.

So don't take it personally. Nothing directed specifically at you. All people are treated the same.
Kryptik Kai
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#16 - 2014-01-21 01:26:02 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Is this a 'Nerf Nothing' thread?



Can we do that?!??!!??


No.. its actually a nerf high sec ganking thread (note the concord ships just sitting in all high sec belts)

"Shiny.  Lets be bad guys." -Jayne Cobb

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2014-01-21 01:26:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
You mean like PL and goons who just signed the BOTLRD treaty where they won't attack each other in their home systems, which encompasses most of null sec?


"We're not going to invade each other and contest each other's sov" isn't "we're not going to shoot you at all"

PL can still roam through CFC space and hunt ratters or stragglers. Maybe you should actually read the treaty rather than just the title and filling in the rest with your weird fanfic.

Don't worry though next time we'll run all of our deals with other entities through you to decide whether you approve of it and ignore whatever you say~

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Galda'ri
#18 - 2014-01-21 01:27:51 UTC
Kryptik Kai wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Is this a 'Nerf Nothing' thread?



Can we do that?!??!!??


No.. its actually a nerf high sec ganking thread (note the concord ships just sitting in all high sec belts)


No, it's not a nerf high sec ganking thread. I'm not saying the concorde ships in asteroid belts are optimal? It's called an example.

I do not reply to trolls or just straight out dumb posts, so nice try ;D

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#19 - 2014-01-21 01:29:01 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
I would be 100% fine with risk-free highsec mining and mission running if (and ONLY if) accounts that participated in it could not participate in other forms of PVP at all.

That means no buying or selling on the markets or contracts; no using those 100% safely mined minerals to produce ships for PVP, and so on.

they can truly live up to their dream of being background npcs

Galda'ri wrote:
And one of the most weird problems to encounter in Eve. Carebears.

The fact that there's actually a word for players who're not interrested in PvP at all, amazes me.

Andski wrote:
There is nothing wrong with players who don't wish to take part in PvP and I doubt anybody has any real qualms against them. The only problem is when some of those players say "I don't wish to take part in PvP so please add (insert bullshit mechanic here) that will isolate me from the bad people" rather than accepting that they are legitimate targets regardless of their intentions.

that's prolly the difference between 'carebearing' as a thing to do (pve) and 'carebears' when used as deprecation
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2014-01-21 01:30:10 UTC
pre-spawning concord in belts defeats the the purpose of system security ratings and the fact that CONCORD isn't supposed to prevent nonconsensual combat but rather guarantee consequences for it

no thanks

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

123Next page