These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What to do in a Corporation?

Author
J'Poll
Perkone
Caldari State
#101 - 2014-01-23 22:26:38 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:

And again, come off it, J'Poll. You know very well that the significant bully population of EVE contains corps who issue wardecs just because they can, usually against small, weak and/or inexperienced corps. Or are you saying that being small, weak or inexperienced is somehow deserving of a wardec?


Funny.

I know a good amount of smaller and active corps. Who have never been wardecced.

And NO corp will just randomly dec you, they dec you because you made yourself a target. This can be multiple things:

* Members flying around in uber bling ships
* Members flying around and acting like retards towards others.
* Members flying in certain systems regurly with certain ships (for instance, daily freighters going in and out of Jita using same gate)
* Economical warfare (so fight over control of resources - be it moons, POCO or just asteroid belts).
* Former members who hold a grudge against the corp.
* People who are hired by someone for a wardec.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#102 - 2014-01-23 22:50:40 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Oraac Ensor wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
And who says you MUST give all details about you. YOU give tehm the details you want.
None of my former corps knew about the names of my alts, what I did with them, what ships I had, where they were parked etc. etc.
I gave the information needed to the person who needed it, when I thought it was good enough to trust them with them.
How so? This is from the first former corp in your profile:
Quote:
All apps must contain a full account API key;





Now, look up other corps in my list

*my first corp* - Old API system, was the partial one.

PGW, not active anymore, but used partial API.
PHOIBE, still there, using a partial API
TFIFA, null-sec corp, so desired a nearly full API (skills, mails, contacts, contracts, wallet transactions - to check for spy activity).
AEGIS, partial API
2BG, full API because of null-sec and coalition policy
GNZ4H + Drachma - my own corps, NO API at all, as it was just high-sec small activity without active recruiting.
VW, don't know, was just a transfer while in null to stay blue to the people.


The employment history is a ruse. Anyone with over 3500 likes and 50 pages of forum posts can't be trusted. This character must be covering up their misdeeds through quality forum spam!
Haedonism Bot
Revolutionary Front
#103 - 2014-01-23 23:26:32 UTC
Marcus Avon wrote:
Keno Skir wrote:
The opposition in this thread has only pointed out ONE drawback to being in a corp, and AWOXing isn't even all that common in the grand scheme of things.


Well I have a lot more than one drawback but I've been reluctant to post a list since it would have absolutely nothing to do with the OP. But there seems to be a demand for it both from you and J'poll and I guess this thread cant really get any further off topic.... so what the hell.

Ok, these cons are Based on E-Uni requirements for joining. I use E-Uni as an example because I would be in it right now if the following negatives hadn’t turned me off completely. I’m sure many of these apply to other big corps too.

1/ Awoxing potential: Already done to death in this thread, so I'll say no more.

2/ Hassle: Not much individually but together quite annoying.
· waiting in queues: 2 weeks plus....with your eyes glued to a chat room. Not fun. No thanks.
· Endless steps, questionnaires, interviews..... etc applying to joint a real uni would be less hassle. Seriously.
· installation and configuration of unwanted 3rd party chat software.
· Seperate corp login and password. Don’t I already have enough of these to remember?

3/ Surrender of API key. I’m not even slightly comfortable with this. I know the logic behind it, but that doesn’t make it any easier. Giving my personal info to a bunch of complete strangers (I don't even know how many) seems very wrong in a game like EVE.

4/ Corp rules that you have to follow. No-go zones, illegal targets, illegal actions.... etc Limiting your options in general.

5/ Established commitments to fellow corp mates wasting time when you could be doing something more profitable.

6/ Being at the bottom of the command hierarchy and having to obey orders. Pretty much expected but the prospect doesn’t exactly fill me with excitement. Being my own boss sounds much more attractive.

7/ War Targets: They can shoot you in hi sec and Concord wont lift a finger. Makes it hard to conduct ordinary business without dying.

8/ Enemies of the Corp: Old war targets or just bad blood, will go out of their way to ruin your day just because you are in a corp they don’t like. Basically enemies you would never have otherwise had who hate your corp, and they don’t flash red so you don’t know you are a target, giving them plenty of time to plot and plan.

9/ The following are things that I don’t know for sure but I fully expect to be present. They certainly affect my decisions but I might well be wrong on some or even all of them.

· Set times to be on-line? Being forced to commit to always logging on at certain times?
· Menial jobs: that you don’t really want to do but are expected, to prove yourself to the corp (recruiting)?
· Being used for “grunt work PVP” like tackling and pointing where you are expected to die fast while higher ranking corp members get the plum positions?
· Intra-Corp politics and drama: I really hate politics, drama not so much but would prefer not.
· Being strongly encouraged if not forced into a role that the corp currently needs for example mining, logi... that I have no personal interest in?

That's about all I could think of in 5 minutes, there are probably more but these are the major ones. Together they would seem to outweigh any positive benefits of joining a corp. At least for me.


Ok, since you are talking about E-Uni here, let's go point by point as it specifically regards E-Uni. Some of your concerns are valid, some are based on outdated information, and most of them are just wrong assumptions.

1. AWOXing. As I said earlier, this doesn't really happen in E-Uni. Why? Because of API checks, background checks, interview, and lastly because the Uni is big enough that they can summon a blob to put down AWOXers quickly if need be.

2. Hassle. There is some truth to what you say, but not as much as you think. Most new players now are admitted without waiting in a queue at all. I'm pretty sure you only need to wait for an interview if you have red flags in your app, and we are talking hours, maybe a day, not weeks. You can get through the questionnaire in less time than it takes you to post in this thread.

The separate username/password thing. I'm assuming you are talking about the forums. You know that you can use the same password as you always use, right? Doesn't need to be a different one. Your username is the same as your character, I should hope you can remember it.

Mumble. I understand your concern. I used to be on voice comms all the time, but now I generally avoid them when I can (my wife hates it when I'm on comms). In the Uni, being on comms is expected in the lowsec, nullsec, and wormhole campuses, and obviously you can't join fleets if you can't hear the FC, nor can you participate in classes. In highsec, you don't really need them, but of course they are nice if you need to call for help.

3. No idea why you object so strongly to this. All it does is show some information about your characters which can be used to weed out potential AWOXers and spies. Nobody cares about anything else.

4. This is a legitimate concern with the Uni, but not like it was even a year ago. Basically, you can't scam, steal, smacktalk, or shoot blues. Onerous rules, I know. That's why I left. The days of getting kicked for undocking in the wrong ship or for posting in these forums ended when the last CEO stepped down.

5. This doesn't apply to the Uni unless you want it to. Only people who are in management positions or who volunteer to help have such commitments.

6. Not applicable. The Uni has no command structure to speak of.

7. Wartargets. You can shoot them whenever, wherever. Yes please. If you worry about losing ships, take advantage of the SRP to get free new ones.

8. Old enemies. The Uni doesn't really have any of these that I ever noticed. Many former WTs have become old friends.

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

Haedonism Bot
Revolutionary Front
#104 - 2014-01-23 23:27:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Haedonism Bot
9a. Not applicable to E-Uni.
9b. N/A
9c. In the Uni, when joining PvP fleets it is recommend that you fly a role you can perform well with your current skills. For very new players, that usually means tackle or EWar. It is just a recommendation that you are free to ignore. By the way, tackling isn't grunt work, it is quite possibly the most fun and most highly esteemed fleet role. Also, in big fleets generally the older players in damage dealing ships are higher priority targets and die quicker than newbie tackle.
9d. Some people get involved in this, but it is easy to ignore.
9e. N/A to the Uni.

So, in conclusion, much of what you think of the Uni is BS. It is also distinctly possible that you have the sort of personality that will never be satisfied in any player corp. That is fine. Like most people of your sort, I suspect you will play EVE for a few more months, learn to run missions really efficiently, get yourself a fancy Marauder, and then get bored and quit, because you will have no more goals to work towards.

When you go, please consider giving me your stuff.

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

Keno Skir
#105 - 2014-01-24 04:21:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
...i grow bored of this.

API Checks - Not that bad, get over it. It's read only and your precious mails and contacts aren't that precious or interesting especially as a relatively young player. API is used to check if you've been in contact with known enemies, or have been planning something. Also your full kill logs will be checked for "Corp Kills" to prevent all that AWOXing you're so afraid of.

Consensual PvP Button - No. This is a crap idea and would fundementaly change the game experience. If it's already "just like the duel mechanic" then you wouldn't require it changed would you.

Join a Corp / Don't Join a Corp - Who cares, even the slightest bit. Once again i'll mention that the pro corp people here aren't trying to convince you to join a corp, they are explaining things you clearly don't yet understand since your view of eve corps is so flawed. These are people who have played solo as well as in a wide variety of corps across Hisec, Lowsec, Nulsec and Wormhole Space for a good many years. Your 1 or 2 bad experiences as a new player are big to you right now, but in the grand scheme of things please consider listening to those who have lived it for a long time.

J'Poll - Is trying to help you, as i have seen him do for countless new players over the years. It is worth listening to his advice.

"Corp aggro rules are just for AWOXers" - No. The rules are there for reasons which have already been explained at length by several vets and are working as intended, that's just all there is to it.

"But being in a corp is hard work :(" - Don't do it then :) But realise the rules aren't broken as a result of you wanting to avoid the pressure / dangers. Most people love the dangers and the trust & bonding it gives to a well run corporation. Your personal opinion on mechanics does not make them broken.

Last Time... Nobody here minds if you join a corp or not, but to come on the forums claiming the rules need changing because you don't understand them is silly. Find a corp that SUITS YOU as has been mentioned countless times now. Since there are many thousands of corps it's a little far fetched for you to assume they will all be like EvE Uni, almost none of them are.
Marcus Avon
New Eden Fedo Lovers Society
#106 - 2014-01-24 04:54:56 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:
A reliable survey sample doesn't need anywhere near a 50% response. A sample of 1,000 is generally regarded as adequate for a population of 1,000,000.


Exactly. As anyone with even a vague understanding of statistics would know.

Oraac Ensor wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
So by hiding you "outsmart" them, okay, what ever floats your boat.
I see no mention of hiding.


I know!! I thought it was hilarious! By making the choice not to join a large corp I'm suddenly hiding? Seriously? Where did that come from? He invented it literally out of nothing. That takes special talent!

I've been avoiding responding to J'poll's various rants because I didn't want his response posts to lower the signal to noise ratio any further in an otherwise interesting and informative thread but I really cant resist this one....

J'Poll wrote:
You're are just a very overly paranoid solo player.


What do you mean “Just”? I’m very proud of my paranoia and EVE does tend to encourage paranoid thinking, I mean the whole "Trust Nobody" thing does have an ever so slight paranoid overtone to it :) So yes I freely admit to a degree of paranoia in a paranoid game. Whether I'm "overly" paranoid or not seems to be a judgement call on your part and you would appear to be somewhat biased.

Oraac Ensor wrote:
"It hasn't happened to me, therefore it doesn't happen to anyone" is not a sustainable argument.


Absolutely true and yet that argument seems to be cropping up from more people than just J'poll. You'd think they'd know better.
dilly nay
State War Academy
Caldari State
#107 - 2014-01-24 05:01:01 UTC
The only reason to join a corp is to have a low tax rate.
Keno Skir
#108 - 2014-01-24 05:11:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
dilly nay wrote:
The only reason to join a corp is to have a low tax rate.


Post with your main or your advice is meaningless.

Anyway :

If you list a massive bunch of reasons why you wont join a corp and they all involve things you are afraid of happening to you, and as a result of said list you sit in a starter corp where you are protected from most of the reasons.. You are hiding.

Hiding :

1. To keep oneself out of sight.
2. To seek refuge <----------------------------That one there Cool

Marcus Avon wrote:
Oraac Ensor wrote:
A reliable survey sample doesn't need anywhere near a 50% response. A sample of 1,000 is generally regarded as adequate for a population of 1,000,000.


Exactly. As anyone with even a vague understanding of statistics would know.

Oraac Ensor wrote:
[[quote=Oraac Ensor]"It hasn't happened to me, therefore it doesn't happen to anyone" is not a sustainable argument.


Absolutely true and yet that argument seems to be cropping up from more people than just J'poll. You'd think they'd know better.


Then of course you would also agree that "It has happened to me and some people i heard stories about, it must be true in all cases" is equally rediculous? (Hey whadya know they did know better Roll ) Of course these things happen, they are just not as common as you think and easily avoided the majority of the time with minimal effort.
Marcus Avon
New Eden Fedo Lovers Society
#109 - 2014-01-24 05:32:53 UTC
Haedonism Bot wrote:
So, in conclusion, much of what you think of the Uni is BS. It is also distinctly possible that you have the sort of personality that will never be satisfied in any player corp. That is fine. Like most people of your sort, I suspect you will play EVE for a few more months, learn to run missions really efficiently, get yourself a fancy Marauder, and then get bored and quit, because you will have no more goals to work towards.

When you go, please consider giving me your stuff.


As I said, I wasn't sure about many of those cons in point #9 so its good to hear that many of them don't apply to E-uni specifically. Unfortunately several people have confirmed that some do apply to other corps, so many of them are still a valid concern to me.

I honestly think you might be underestimating the number of people who are capable of enjoying the game - long term - without joining a corp. Its really just an alternate game lifestyle choice, not a death sentence. I have already met many long term players who have never joined a corp and they seem quite happy (and obscenely rich I might add).

I'm not even sure that I want to remain one of them. There has been a lot of really good constructive feedback in this thread (barring J'poll's trolling) and several corp benefits have been pointed out to me that I didn't even know existed.

I think what I'm going to do is stay solo and build up my wealth and assets until I feel capable of easily absorbing the worst possible loss that joining a corp can provide - even if my luck is absolutely abysmal.

They say "don't fly what you cant afford to lose". I don't see any reason not to apply the same thinking to the dangers of joining a corp or indeed any other part of EVE.

So no you cant have my stuff because I'll eventually be so rich my stuff would ruin the game for you Big smile And I wouldn't want that.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#110 - 2014-01-24 05:34:44 UTC
Good question OP - Ill try answer from my perspective and add a few bits and pieces of my experience.
This also might be a bit all over the place as im doing a rushed response (at work)

A corp is just a group of people who get along that can help each other out.
We have a small but excellent corp but it has taken a long time to get to this point.

My 1st corp was great fun and I was there for most of my high sec carebear days.
I remember showing them the fit for my cormorant and they were polite enough not to laugh (to much.)

They then helped me fit a proper PvE ship. Took me along on Lev4 Missions which was great at the time as I was only doing lev2s and dying all the time to npcs.
Missions got boring eventually and we all decided to move on.

My account was about to expire so I figured I might as well pod someone as I didnt intend to re-sub.
Best move I ever made. I coudnt go to Jita. I has bad sec status. Eve was instantly differnt now - kind of interesting again so I re-subbed.

However - A few corps inbetween were not so fun.
Tried FW but didnt know what the hell I was doing. I died a lot but I learned a bit about pvp losing those ships.

In null sec -The people were good but it just wasnt how I wanted to play eve.
They all knew their stuff but their goals in eve were making lots of ISK and being left alone.

My only need for isk was to get another ship if the previous one exploded.
Being left alone sounded boring.
Then the null group I was with came under attack. They didnt do anything. They were like 'yeah just stay docked.'

So I left Null sec.

That is when I decided to try FW again but to do it right.

I tried the 'lets just get numbers' recruiting idea when I started my own corp.
It doesnt work out that well unless you have huge amounts of time to manage it. + I did not have the required experience running a corp at this time. I can see this in hindsight.

After much trial and error I finally found my groove as CEO, learned what people expected from my style of corp and now things really are good.
I decided that I would recruit based on TZ and personality only. People in opposite tzs just leave. No point recruiting them.
SP etc was no barrier to apply as long as you listened and learned once in.
This has worked out great and we are now a fearsome Caldari Militia Corp with great people and a great enemy.


So I guess the TL;DR is.
It takes time to find the right group usually.
Some people are lucky and the right fit 1st go. Most will jump around until they find the right fit.
Once you find the right group - Eve gets 100x better.


Wardecs are a non issue. If they are an issue you have joined the wrong corp.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#111 - 2014-01-24 05:39:13 UTC
dilly nay wrote:
The only reason to join a corp is to have a low tax rate.


Biomass yourself.

You are a waste of server space.

Keno Skir
#112 - 2014-01-24 05:44:36 UTC
Marcus Avon wrote:
(barring J'poll's trolling)


You are just about the first person i'v ever heard accuse J'Poll of trolling, and it shows your lack of experience. If you're going to become filthy rich i will seriously consider suicide ganking you into oblivion to rub in the value of being in a corp full of people you can turn to.
Marcus Avon
New Eden Fedo Lovers Society
#113 - 2014-01-24 06:05:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcus Avon
Keno Skir wrote:
Marcus Avon wrote:
(barring J'poll's trolling)


You are just about the first person i'v ever heard accuse J'Poll of trolling, and it shows your lack of experience. If you're going to become filthy rich i will seriously consider suicide ganking you into oblivion to rub in the value of being in a corp full of people you can turn to.


Really? That's surprising because I was warned about him by several people weeks ago but I saw how he liked to help newbies and argued in his favor. Turns out I was wrong though and they were all 100% right.

lol, He's even accused of being a troll in his *own* interview....... So much for me being the "first person ever".....

http://jamessteerforth.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/an-interview-with-an-eve-online-forum-veteran/

I think in his own way he is trying to help, certainly there is some actual information there buried among the taunts and jibes, but his tone and the way he goes about it totally comes across as trolling, I have become a believer.

As for the ganking. What can I say dude, knock yourself out but bring a supply of ships because I tend to over tank. :)
Omega Sunset
Black.Omega
#114 - 2014-01-24 06:24:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Omega Sunset
Marcus Avon wrote:
I know!! I thought it was hilarious! By making the choice not to join a large corp I'm suddenly hiding? Seriously? Where did that come from? He invented it literally out of nothing. That takes special talent!
eh yeah, I don't consider it "hiding". Maybe if you are a 1 member corp and holding up in some lost wormhole... hehe. That sounds more like "shipwrecked" though. And you are not hiding if you make some friends in the game, out running missions with people or whatnot. I've been attached to large guilds in past games, it can be pretty rough. I was a founding member and event officer of the third largest guild in UO back in it's heyday, and since then I've realized that you just can't fix stupid. But small guilds are nice, can work well. Here you can build a small specialized corp and join an alliance/s, sounds to be a better path to me than just joining some mega corp. And that being something I hope to have time to do (building small corp) after I take care of some RL obligations over the coming months. See, just like ships, bigger is not always better, and my favorite guilds have been with less than 20 members.

—Ω—

Keno Skir
#115 - 2014-01-24 06:47:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
Marcus Avon wrote:
I tend to over tank. :)


You are marginally smarter than i thought you were :D

But as said you have to become filthy rich first to make it worthwhile, and by the sounds of it that's going to take you a very long time.

Tbh a Troll is someone who posts things (usually imflamatory) on forums and the like, purely to see what kind of responses they can recieve and try to generally waste peoples time. J'Poll just speaks bluntly, much like a lot of us, that doesn't under any circumstances make someone a Troll. His posts are always full of useful content and well researched stats. If you don't like the advice then say so by all means but yelling "Troll" is childish, especially if you don't know what it means.

I think J'Poll's and my attitude is coming out in this situation because the majority of people telling us how it is are new players without the experience to back up what they're preaching. It is by no means a flat rule, but i still think for the vast majority of players (don't worry not you sir) joining a player run corp is the best way to learn the game fast and have fun doing it.

I just don't want other new players to read your posts and think player corps are scary and thretening, they aren't, you're just scared and risk averse.
Marcus Avon
New Eden Fedo Lovers Society
#116 - 2014-01-24 07:42:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Marcus Avon
Keno Skir wrote:
I just don't want other new players to read your posts and think player corps are scary and thretening, they aren't, you're just scared and risk averse.


I'd actually agree with this, at least partially. I wouldn't want new players to think that either because that's not the position I'm taking. I mean all of EVE is scary and threatening. That's where the fun comes from, risking those threats and winning..... or not. The question is do the potential benefits of risking those threats outweigh the cons?

My assessment is that - for me - the benefits of large corp membership do not appear to outweigh the limitations. There's no emotion in it at all, least of all fear. Its just a simple weighing up of pros and cons and I'm sure that the result will be different for everyone.

Certainly for many new players, joining a large corp is indeed the answer and I have pointed many of them towards Nightcrawler 85's excellent corp guide for that very reason.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=245333&find=unread

But whether its the answer for the "vast majority" of players, I'm not so sure about that. I think you're just guessing here. Certainly I'm sure that you and J'poll would like it to be that way, but there are a vast number of very tiny player corps that suggest otherwise..... Just enough for one person and their alts.......
Keno Skir
#117 - 2014-01-24 08:12:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
I would at least suggest that i have a huge amount more experience of the things in question than you bud, or at least im curious how your grand total of 3 and a half weeks playtime has made you the leading expert on these things..

I don't think i ever suggested you join a large corp, i suggested you find a corp that suits you (something you seem to ignore). Even then i'm willing to believe you just aren't cut out for it.

I said "I THINK joining a player run corp is for the vast majority of players, the best way to learn the game fast & have fun doing it"

^ concentrate real hard on the bits in bold there. I put the statement across as a personal opinion, and i clarified that the reasoning behind this was learning the game at a reasonable speed. You can have fun playing solo, but the average player is less likely to pick as much up playing solo as he would in a player corp. If it was a guess, i think i have a fair bit more experience to go on than you do when making your "guesses" Blink.

Either way, this has been educational.

Newbies, try it for yourself at least a few times before hiding yourself away from the nasty meanies out there. Loads of corps are full of normal guys who don't like infantile BS any more than you do. Find one that suits you, even if that takes a bit of experimentation. The vets on this forum (New Players Q&A) stand to gain very little from convincing you to join one corp or another, so you can be assured that when we say it's worthwhile we are speaking from actual experience, rather than projecting our own fears onto a game we are still learning ourselves (Marcus Avon). If you don't want to join with others in a player run corp, at least find a chatroom you can share with friendly pilots. - In a proper corp, wardecs and awoxers are something that is easily dealt with and a minor inconveniance at worst.

If someone got AWOX'd in my corp, the corp would replace the ship and we'd go hunt the offender together for fun.
Omega Sunset
Black.Omega
#118 - 2014-01-24 09:47:33 UTC
I think what it comes down to is new players are generally going to pick and choose how to experience this game based on past experiences with their previous games. There are few mmo players that have not experienced such things as being in a large guild, a small guild or running solo. They bring their generalized platitudes into the game, either accepting what is available or rejecting the status quo and setting out on their own until they have rhyme or reason to do otherwise.

I don't think any level of debate is going to change that for anyone. We all have our personal opinions regarding what is fun for us, and that is usually something long developed withing the gamer over the years or decades. EVE in that respect is not much different than other games that have social communities, player interaction, co-op play, guilds/corps. There may be more opportunity for griefing and such within the game, but that is far from anything new in mmo's. Well, some are more tame than others, development with an indulgence of hand-holding. But the allure of EVE is the ability to choose your own path in the sandbox, and not have developers dictate your every move through some form of maze to the treat at the end (often cheese). However, you can still be griefed in other ways in those games. At least here when someone does that, you can shoot at them.

—Ω—

Marcus Avon
New Eden Fedo Lovers Society
#119 - 2014-01-24 10:45:41 UTC
Keno Skir wrote:
I would at least suggest that i have a huge amount more experience of the things in question than you bud, or at least im curious how your grand total of 3 and a half weeks playtime has made you the leading expert on these things..


C’mon Keno be fair. It has to be at least 4 weeks or they wouldn’t have thrown me out of the noob chat channel! Smile

Seriously though I don’t think I’ve ever claimed to be an expert on anything, least of all EVE. Nope, I’ve checked my recent posts and I don’t claim anywhere that I’m an expert so I’m actually kinda flattered that you apparently think I come across as one.

No I’m just a noob going through a decision that many noobs have to make around this time. Do I or don’t I join a player run corp? My decision appears to be one that you disagree with, and it does worry me somewhat that I'm flying in the face of experience here, but I’m still hoping that its the right decision for me. And if not, meh its just a game and I’m sure it wont be the only mistake I end up making.
Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#120 - 2014-01-24 15:31:02 UTC
Marcus Avon wrote:
Seriously though I don’t think I’ve ever claimed to be an expert on anything, least of all EVE.


All of Marcus's posts were approached as a new player offering up his opinions for criticism and admitting that they were based in expectation and not experience. Some of the replies were rather hostile. Being "blunt" is no excuse for misconstruing the poster's intent. Logically considering many possibilities in a situation is a great trait for EVE players to have and many of the points brought up in this thread are valid concerns for new players. So please try not to run off our better recruits who display the ability to think for themselves.

I do believe it's about time to reopen St. Cara's School of Tact and Niceties For The Cantankerous

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament