These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: More Deployables from Super Friends

First post First post First post
Author
Talar Draylan
Prophet Investment Firm
#221 - 2014-01-14 18:01:37 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Talar Draylan wrote:
How about I start paying 95% of the sub fees?

How about you pay 300% of the subscription fee, because that is roughly what you make now compared to when I first started the game. Blink



How about I put a box on my desk that has ESS written on it and only pay 80% of the sub free. Then put the other 25% in the box and CCP can come get it when ever they want. As long as my wife doesn't intercept it first.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#222 - 2014-01-14 18:02:17 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Actually, if you don't completely suck, it's a bonus to your income.

It's not about suckng. It's not going to work out that way in practice.

If you're going to defend that assertion James you need to start looking more than one layer deep into the onion.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#223 - 2014-01-14 18:02:24 UTC
I get it now.

It's another buff for inteceptors online.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#224 - 2014-01-14 18:02:34 UTC
Anariasis wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

This isn't a small gang objective. This is a "solo interceptors taking everything at no risk to themselves" idea.


What is it that goons think Inties are the new evil untouchable overlords that can warp to the thing (notifying everyone) and then stay there for 60 secs until they can actually loot the stuff?

How long would it take us to warp our ratting ships there from anomalies in order to kill whoever is there?
Ratting ships which probably wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about interceptors anyway.
Not to mention, the interceptor could just warp off if there are ships incoming to kill it.
Want to drop this in system to steal ratter's income? The ratters will just destroy it. They're certainly not going to use it for themselves.
The only outcome this really comes down to is a 5% nerf to null ratting income.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Bryperium
xXPlease Pandemic Citizens Reloaded Alliance.Xx
#225 - 2014-01-14 18:03:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Bryperium
I'd love more small gang fights in nullsec as much as anybody else, and with some light overhaul this ESS could even be a cool idea. Unfortunately as written the ESS just absolutely anemic game design, and won't come anywhere close to what I believe your intended goals are.

Tl;Dr you have been given 12 pages of feedback, please listen to it.

-

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#226 - 2014-01-14 18:03:33 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Actually, if you don't completely suck, it's a bonus to your income.

It's not about suckng. It's not going to work out that way in practice.

If you're going to defend that assertion James you need to start looking more than one layer deep into the onion.

You're the one looking only one layer deep, as is CCP.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Snowflake Tem
The Order of Symbolic Measures
#227 - 2014-01-14 18:03:42 UTC
Chinicata Shihari wrote:
And CCP wonder why they are losing subscribers. They add this BS content trying to pull in new people which 90% of the current players don't want. When some of the major issues HINT: Drone Assist, POSes, don't get fixed so current subscribers quit because they are fed up with CCP not addressing the real issue.


The real issue is that goonies think they own EVE because the own the best part of New Eden.
I have absolutely no doubt that your masters already have plans to dominate this system while you yap at the leash.
Get to heel, there's a good boy.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#228 - 2014-01-14 18:06:21 UTC
Anariasis wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

This isn't a small gang objective. This is a "solo interceptors taking everything at no risk to themselves" idea.


What is it that goons think Inties are the new evil untouchable overlords that can warp to the thing (notifying everyone) and then stay there for 60 secs until they can actually loot the stuff?

You don't need to stay there for 60 seconds. You didn't read the dev comments.

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#229 - 2014-01-14 18:08:11 UTC
Talar Draylan wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Talar Draylan wrote:
How about I start paying 95% of the sub fees?

How about you pay 300% of the subscription fee, because that is roughly what you make now compared to when I first started the game. Blink



How about I put a box on my desk that has ESS written on it and only pay 80% of the sub free. Then put the other 25% in the box and CCP can come get it when ever they want. As long as my wife doesn't intercept it first.

Sure, as long as CCP can click a button and receive that extra bonus money from you. Surely you won't mind. Big smile

My point was, it will still be far, far easier to make money in EVE than it was in the past. In fact pretty much everyone can agree that there is far too much ISK in the game, they just don't want to be one of the ones that "might" end up with their income reduced.

Null sec ratters (if they can't be bothered to deal with the mechanic) can easily afford the minute loss to their income. However if they wish to use the mechanic they will actually get a boost to their income.

It's totally up to them whether they want to profit, or be a victim.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#230 - 2014-01-14 18:09:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Weaselior
Major Templar wrote:

Defenders have the advantage as the ones having the jumpbridges and since when is it CCPs responsibility to make your vast empire of nothing but ratters more secure? .

It's always been CCP's responsibility to balance EVE, including nullsec, correctly.

Ranger 1 wrote:

My point was, it will still be far, far easier to make money in EVE than it was in the past. In fact pretty much everyone can agree that there is far too much ISK in the game, they just don't want to be one of the ones that "might" end up with their income reduced.


I disagree, and most people saying that can't defend it and generally wave vaguely at the specter of isk inflation (which has not occurred).

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

greiton starfire
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#231 - 2014-01-14 18:10:28 UTC
Major Templar wrote:
greiton starfire wrote:
im suggesting leave plenty of risk. the timer would be kept short enough to form a quick fleet, but if you are going into enemy space you should be bringing more than 1 or 2 interceptors. the attackers have the advantage of already being organized and having guys on. the defenders would have to respond rapidly to get their fleet into the fight. getting a fleet to a system 10 jumps out takes time. so they wont wait for huge numbers they will throw out a quick fleet. also, hitting groups in off timezones will have major advantages.


Defenders have the advantage as the ones having the jumpbridges and since when is it CCPs responsibility to make your vast empire of nothing but ratters more secure? Honestly, look at it like this. Your coalition are the ones who chose to keep expanding and have their main force far away from your ratting/mining systems. How is it then you say that you want more time to form up and come from 10+ jumps away to defend it? No. If you are going to give timers, then take away jump bridges. Simple.



so the owners of the space should have no advantages?? then why have sov in the first place. just make everything npc null. personally i would be more than happy to have things set up so that borders had limiting factors and over extension was a real risk, that was my intention of having the short timer to form a fleet. it would be up to ccp to figure out how long a timer should be set to give defense a chance to arrive and fight but not enough to allow a large fleet to move through 3 regions to get there.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#232 - 2014-01-14 18:10:37 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
Anariasis wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

This isn't a small gang objective. This is a "solo interceptors taking everything at no risk to themselves" idea.


What is it that goons think Inties are the new evil untouchable overlords that can warp to the thing (notifying everyone) and then stay there for 60 secs until they can actually loot the stuff?

You don't need to stay there for 60 seconds. You didn't read the dev comments.

That's very true, however if you want the ISK you'll have to come back to collect it before the locals do... and it takes (oh what was it) 40 seconds or so to drop your loot.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#233 - 2014-01-14 18:11:41 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Sure, as long as CCP can click a button and receive that extra bonus money from you. Surely you won't mind. Big smile

My point was, it will still be far, far easier to make money in EVE than it was in the past. In fact pretty much everyone can agree that there is far too much ISK in the game, they just don't want to be one of the ones that "might" end up with their income reduced.

Null sec ratters (if they can't be bothered to deal with the mechanic) can easily afford the minute loss to their income. However if they wish to use the mechanic they will actually get a boost to their income.

It's totally up to them whether they want to profit, or be a victim.

So where is this module's equivalent for missions? For incursions? For FW? Or are null ratters, the ones whose incomes are already anemic compared to the risk involved, the only ones who need a nerf?
Stop commenting, it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Rekkr Nordgard
Steelforge Heavy Industries
#234 - 2014-01-14 18:12:04 UTC
Anys Thes'Realin wrote:
Something I missed:

Quote:
The ESS has a global beacon, meaning it will be visible by all players, allowing them to warp directly to it. Note that the new scan-block deployable does not interfer with this.


Scan Block deployable? Did I miss something? When was this announced?



It was a terrible, terrible, terrible new deployable that CCP announced last week. Thankfully after 30 pages of people telling them what an awful idea it was, CCP nerfed it to the point that it is useless and will never be used.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=310620&find=unread
Anariasis
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#235 - 2014-01-14 18:12:39 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
Anariasis wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

This isn't a small gang objective. This is a "solo interceptors taking everything at no risk to themselves" idea.


What is it that goons think Inties are the new evil untouchable overlords that can warp to the thing (notifying everyone) and then stay there for 60 secs until they can actually loot the stuff?

You don't need to stay there for 60 seconds. You didn't read the dev comments.


Well, you can warp off after you activated the tag-printing. But you will need to return to loot. So sure, you can go from system to system and activate the payout and warp off... and gain nothing. Or warp back and fight for the container? If you are 1 sec late it will be already looted, if you are 1 sec early you might have a fight at your hand against s.th. fitted exactly for the job to kill you.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#236 - 2014-01-14 18:13:18 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Actually, if you don't completely suck, it's a bonus to your income.

It's not about suckng. It's not going to work out that way in practice.

If you're going to defend that assertion James you need to start looking more than one layer deep into the onion.

You're the one looking only one layer deep, as is CCP.

James, I've listed a half a dozen ways you can use this thing to your advantage.

You've listed one draw back and ignored various ways that can be dealt with.

I like you, but seriously....

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#237 - 2014-01-14 18:15:04 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:

That's very true, however if you want the ISK you'll have to come back to collect it before the locals do... and it takes (oh what was it) 40 seconds or so to drop your loot.

You know the exact second you need to warp back, and can do it in an inty that is nigh-uncatchable (even when looting the can) to any ship not set up specifically to catch and kill an interceptor. It's not a meaningful burden for the interceptor.

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#238 - 2014-01-14 18:15:12 UTC
Hostile ceptors are the least of the worries... diplos will want to kill themselves because of all the "this blue stole my iskies!" ratting drama.

Any alliance wishing to retain a shred of sanity will ban these structures from being deployed by blues.

.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#239 - 2014-01-14 18:15:15 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Sure, as long as CCP can click a button and receive that extra bonus money from you. Surely you won't mind. Big smile

My point was, it will still be far, far easier to make money in EVE than it was in the past. In fact pretty much everyone can agree that there is far too much ISK in the game, they just don't want to be one of the ones that "might" end up with their income reduced.

Null sec ratters (if they can't be bothered to deal with the mechanic) can easily afford the minute loss to their income. However if they wish to use the mechanic they will actually get a boost to their income.

It's totally up to them whether they want to profit, or be a victim.

So where is this module's equivalent for missions? For incursions? For FW? Or are null ratters, the ones whose incomes are already anemic compared to the risk involved, the only ones who need a nerf?
Stop commenting, it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

I wasn't aware that mission rats and incursion rats don't have bounties....

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Major Templar
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#240 - 2014-01-14 18:17:24 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
I disagree, and most people saying that can't defend it and generally wave vaguely at the specter of isk inflation (which has not occurred).


Yes it's true but they have already done that by making POSs, Sov Structures, and a great deal of other things balanced to support defenders. His idea was to give a even greater advantage to a blobber defending alliance then the attacker.

greiton starfire wrote:
so the owners of the space should have no advantages?? then why have sov in the first place. just make everything npc null. personally i would be more than happy to have things set up so that borders had limiting factors and over extension was a real risk, that was my intention of having the short timer to form a fleet. it would be up to ccp to figure out how long a timer should be set to give defense a chance to arrive and fight but not enough to allow a large fleet to move through 3 regions to get there.


Did you read my post? You have stations, POSs, jumpbridges, Sov upgrades, and a great deal of other things to make wanting that space look good. If you don't like the risk of losing the deployable then don't deploy it or don't use it so far away from the front lines where your main forces are formed. Thus it comes back to, risk vs reward. Reward is more ISK risk is that you might lose it because it's not next door to your 2k staging system.