These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Cerberus

First post
Author
Janeway84
Insane's Asylum
#61 - 2014-01-17 12:04:30 UTC
Cerberus can be fit to run c1 wormhole combat sites and even make it in relic , data sites :))
rigs t2 anti em and t2 extender, HML launchers in top mids t2 ab, republic fleet large shield extender, passive tank mods + t2 target painter, low slots dc2 unit, power diagnostic and 2x bcs, tank never drops below 50%, not drake levels of tanking but still ok ish, key is to keep moving and kiting spawns.

ingame fitting window shows 410 dps with caldari navy HML ammo.
could prob buff the dps by adding more bcs in lows, maybe even remove extender rig for rate of fire rig? Big smile
Anya Klibor
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2014-01-17 17:10:59 UTC
1.) If you're using Rage HAMs against any type of ship smaller than a battlecruser or battleship, you're doing it wrong. Rage missiles are the equivalent of Conflagration in lasers: use it against bigger ships for more applied damage. Using Javelin against cruisers is acceptable, and a terrible idea against frigates if you don't have a target painter and/or web.

2.) Against any ship, really, it's a guaranteed lossmail if you don't kill them with the first clip of lights. However, the same can be said about pretty much any ship out there, even those with active tanks. The purpose of RLMLs isn't to go picking a fight with every ship in the system: pick targets that are small and have at 'em. There has to be strategy applied, which is something that the vast majority of players do not take into account. Ever. In fact, when any type of strategy is employed, there's calls for nerfs because the terrible players want nothing more than to land on grid, press F1 to F8, and expect killmails.

3.) I agree, it's silly that switching ammo types should remove a bonus entirely. I think it's rather interesting that Caldari are the only race that has this issue pop up. Hell, even the Amsrr have a flat bonus to missile damage on theis ships, and thye recntly had heavy missiles and lights added to the mix. In essence, they have become a missile race, surpassing the Caldari in many ways in terms of application and the like.

Part of the issue is definitely being locked into Kinetic for maximum DPS. However, another issue is the "flight time" bonus the Cerberus gets. We get it: when it comes to missiles, the Caldari are the kings of missile range. However, why is that even a thing? How do you modify ships and launchers to increase max flight time in a vacuum? From a purely physics standpoint, it doesn't work. Sure, you could angle rockets on a planet to correct issues with the Coriolis Effect, inertia, and gravity, but that doesn't matter when it's in space! If that bonus was wrapped up into the maximum velocity bonus (and lower the amount to, say 12.5% per level instead of 15%) it would easily make the Cerberus a ship that people would like to play against.

"Max Flight Time" is a drawback, not a bonus. Caldari ships are the only ones with penalties added as "bonuses".

Or ship, I should say. It seems that as of this moment, the Cerberus is the only ship that has this drawback. And it is a drawback. Why do I care how long the missile will stay in the air for? It's not helping damage to be applied.

Leadership is something you learn. Maybe one day, you'll learn that.

Tsobai Hashimoto
State War Academy
Caldari State
#63 - 2014-01-19 00:01:38 UTC
Anya Klibor wrote:
1.) If you're using Rage HAMs against any type of ship smaller than a battlecruser or battleship, you're doing it wrong. Rage missiles are the equivalent of Conflagration in lasers: use it against bigger ships for more applied damage. Using Javelin against cruisers is acceptable, and a terrible idea against frigates if you don't have a target painter and/or web.

2.) Against any ship, really, it's a guaranteed lossmail if you don't kill them with the first clip of lights. However, the same can be said about pretty much any ship out there, even those with active tanks. The purpose of RLMLs isn't to go picking a fight with every ship in the system: pick targets that are small and have at 'em. There has to be strategy applied, which is something that the vast majority of players do not take into account. Ever. In fact, when any type of strategy is employed, there's calls for nerfs because the terrible players want nothing more than to land on grid, press F1 to F8, and expect killmails.

3.) I agree, it's silly that switching ammo types should remove a bonus entirely. I think it's rather interesting that Caldari are the only race that has this issue pop up. Hell, even the Amsrr have a flat bonus to missile damage on theis ships, and thye recntly had heavy missiles and lights added to the mix. In essence, they have become a missile race, surpassing the Caldari in many ways in terms of application and the like.

Part of the issue is definitely being locked into Kinetic for maximum DPS. However, another issue is the "flight time" bonus the Cerberus gets. We get it: when it comes to missiles, the Caldari are the kings of missile range. However, why is that even a thing? How do you modify ships and launchers to increase max flight time in a vacuum? From a purely physics standpoint, it doesn't work. Sure, you could angle rockets on a planet to correct issues with the Coriolis Effect, inertia, and gravity, but that doesn't matter when it's in space! If that bonus was wrapped up into the maximum velocity bonus (and lower the amount to, say 12.5% per level instead of 15%) it would easily make the Cerberus a ship that people would like to play against.

"Max Flight Time" is a drawback, not a bonus. Caldari ships are the only ones with penalties added as "bonuses".

Or ship, I should say. It seems that as of this moment, the Cerberus is the only ship that has this drawback. And it is a drawback. Why do I care how long the missile will stay in the air for? It's not helping damage to be applied.