These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Have Goons become the very thing they hated?? (i.e. BoB)

First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#101 - 2014-01-10 06:34:28 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Too bad DBRB is right.

I don't believe anyone here is so stupid as to actually believe that slowcats are balanced. They're either the ones currently using them and are being intentionally dishonest in order to convince people they're fine, or they're random pubbies who don't have anything intelligent to contribute and think they're being clever.

totally cuss 1200 sub caps is balanced to eh?

edit if i were to rebalance fighters?

i would double thier hp

increase the mwd by 50%

reduce thier sig radius by 1/3

increase base damage by 50%

that and change the thanny bonus to 5% to fighter damage and hitpoints per level

Our enemy can match our subcap numbers. I would also expect CCP to make alterations to fighters to be effective vs BS yet still vulnerable to smaller ships.

The current carrier blob will be nerfed, it ticks every box that caused the last five capital nerfs and nobody has made any attempt to contest what we have been saying for a good year now with anything other than "goon tears" and "just bring more capitals".
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#102 - 2014-01-10 06:34:55 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Too bad DBRB is right.

I don't believe anyone here is so stupid as to actually believe that slowcats are balanced. They're either the ones currently using them and are being intentionally dishonest in order to convince people they're fine, or they're random pubbies who don't have anything intelligent to contribute and think they're being clever.

If they're using drone assist, no.

MeBiatch wrote:

i would double thier hp

increase the mwd by 50%

that and change the thanny bonus to 5% to fighter damage and hitpoints per level

Fighters are plenty strong.
They fact that they're not used isn't because they're weak, it's because they're completely overshadowed by sentries.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#103 - 2014-01-10 06:53:44 UTC
DRGaius Baltar wrote:
"Can't figure out a strategy against one ship doctrine"?

It's almost as though you're ignorantly unaware of Omegafleet.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#104 - 2014-01-10 06:57:52 UTC
This thread is now obsolete.
The real posting war is on Grath's TMC article.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#105 - 2014-01-10 07:37:49 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
This thread is now obsolete.
The real posting war is on Grath's TMC article.

His arguement boils down to "our blob is expensive and should be invincible to subcaps". I am not too sure invalidating 90% of ships and most pilots and every alliance that cannot match N3s super fleet (all of them including the CFC) is much of an argument for keeping this gamebreaking fleet.

Its more or less a word for word argument used by the same people that abused capitals in the past. It hasn't stopped the last five nerfs and wont stop this sixth one.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#106 - 2014-01-10 08:50:19 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:

i would double thier hp

increase the mwd by 50%

Fighters currently have 12.7k EHP. Your solution here is to double that 25.4k and then reduce the sig radius while making them faster. You're making them faster than some frigates while giving them a smaller sig radius than a medium drone.

Basically, nope

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#107 - 2014-01-10 10:16:15 UTC
From the TMC article: "The CFC has been relying strictly on Dominix fleets in this southern war to try to prove some point to CCP about drone assist and sentry drones in general. In a recent fight, Black Legion proved just how lethal Maelstroms could be to a fleet of sentry archons by alphaing them to death with relative ease. During the Fountain campaign, Megathron fleets smashed into a sentry carrier fleet and were able to murder them with an ease that shocked TEST. In this war, we're instead seeing the Domis, which have fairly low DPS and alpha in comparison to the platforms we've seen actually kill the carriers. The Dominix in its current form is not a cap killer. It'll destroy any subcap it sees, but when faced with capital ships it lacks the punch of other options available to the CFC, options they've used in the past to win wars."

This is something that is wondering me, as a passive bystander, too. It has been discussed briefly in this forum, why the CFC doesnt use their Megas anymore, which were absolutely lethal in Fountain (and great looking). I am really interested in what you guys think.

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#108 - 2014-01-10 10:41:39 UTC
I don't follow Nullsec politics too extensively or closely but let me try this and anyone can feel free to correct any misunderstandings I have.

CFC and N3/PL are at war.

N3/PL deployed "slowcats". Slowcats are these Archons with a metric **** ton of sentry drones that the carrier pilots assign to a frigate pilot for near instant locking speed.

The counter to slowcats is super-capitals but CFC does not have the numbers that N3/PL has so deploying these super-cap fleets in an effort to escalate the war is disadvantageous to the CFC.

Does anyone on the N3/PL side of this thing also agree that the slowcat/archon/drone assist mechanic is unbalanced? Sounds to me, without obviously being involved in these engagements, that it sounds a bit too "easy mode". I guess my question for the N3/PL folks is would this still be balanced if it was being used on you instead of by you?

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#109 - 2014-01-10 11:03:23 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I guess my question for the N3/PL folks is would this still be balanced if it was being used on you instead of by you?

From what I´ve read there is a lot of chest beating going on ala "CFC should field slowcats too, so we can kill them" by N3/PL. Would be interesting to see if they would actually succeed.

sparx Thiesant
Can't Someone Else Do It
#110 - 2014-01-10 11:10:00 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:
To the goon who says there is no counter to carriers+sentrys bullsh#t bring your own

I'd like to point out that "get one yourself" or any variation thereof in defense of something is not a good way to claim that it's not overpowered.

why not?

they have the numbers but not the balls to for cap escalation but its ok for them to bring enough ppl to crash the node right?

the mighty cfc cant match the enemys cap fleet kinda shamefull for a super power with all that wealth but no balls to use the big guns

hey heres a idea lets cry about it till we get things changed

my spelling sux heres a dollor phone someone who gives a fu$k

my thoughts do not represent my corps they are mine and mind alone
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#111 - 2014-01-10 11:24:24 UTC
sparx Thiesant wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
I'd like to point out that "get one yourself" or any variation thereof in defense of something is not a good way to claim that it's not overpowered.

why not?
Because it is pretty much the textbook definition of overpowered: if nothing can beat X other than having more X:es than the opponent, then this inherently means that X is always the optimal choice. The existence of all other options are meaningless because they're not any kind of real options in practice. No matter what you throw at it, X is better.

“Get one yourself” is the final resignation to this fact: that the only counter to X is X+1.

Quote:
hey heres a idea lets cry about it till we get things changed
Good. Overpowered things should be changed.
Lugalbandak
Lego3
#112 - 2014-01-10 11:30:01 UTC
dexington wrote:
GSF CEO UPDATE: SPACE COMMUNISM GONE WILD

Detailed how awesome carriers was and how every goon should have one for free... That was a year ago, and now the same people want them nerfed, what changed?

lol

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back

Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#113 - 2014-01-10 11:32:56 UTC
CFC subcap numbers arent deciding the fight. So they claim "nerf". Happened with the Drake vs Titan/super fleet as well.

Dont take the CFC seriously. No matter how "objective" their argument may be presented; its not.

If they go down without using "slowcats" themselves, you could say they're sticking with their point and it may have merit. Untill then this is just another attempt at dominating EVE as all their "nerf high-sec" threads are.

They're not forumwarriors. They're forum cagefighters. Dont step into that ring and get punched into nothingness. Ignore what they have to say.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#114 - 2014-01-10 11:37:00 UTC
Ambassador Crane wrote:
DRGaius Baltar wrote:
CCP you are our only HOPE!

TLDR, Goons literally needs CCP's help to continue "winning EVE"

"Can't figure out a strategy against one ship doctrine"?

Answer: "nerf it" "it's not fair!"

Is this what the future holds for the rest of us that believe in real strategy and theorycrafting? "Nerf it because I can't win fast enough"

Possibly, but at the same time that article does make some rather valid points.

Agreed, CCP should introduce a module (Testiculos Grandes II) that gives one the courage to deploy caps and super caps as well as sub caps. If they want balanced fleets perhaps that would help them out.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#115 - 2014-01-10 11:39:49 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Because it is pretty much the textbook definition of overpowered: if nothing can beat X other than having more X:es than the opponent, then this inherently means that X is always the optimal choice. The existence of all other options are meaningless because they're not any kind of real options in practice. No matter what you throw at it, X is better.

“Get one yourself” is the final resignation to this fact: that the only counter to X is X+1.

Dont forget that "bring x+1" is not the only counter to slowcats, at least not "on paper". Stuff like Omegafleet or the Fountain Megathron fleets just haven´t been tried out on field yet.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#116 - 2014-01-10 11:48:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Yarda Black wrote:
CFC subcap numbers arent deciding the fight. So they claim "nerf". Happened with the Drake vs Titan/super fleet as well.

Dont take the CFC seriously. No matter how "objective" their argument may be presented; its not.

If they go down without using "slowcats" themselves, you could say they're sticking with their point and it may have merit. Untill then this is just another attempt at dominating EVE as all their "nerf high-sec" threads are.

They're not forumwarriors. They're forum cagefighters. Dont step into that ring and get punched into nothingness. Ignore what they have to say.

They can't use them. The whole issue here is not slow cats. If CFC wasn't deficient in supers vs N3/PL you ca bet they would be using slowcats and defending them too. If CFC use them they get a shed ton of supers dropped that they have no ability to counter.

That's why they're running to mommy CCP :)

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#117 - 2014-01-10 11:53:10 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
If CFC use them they get a shed ton of supers dropped that they have no ability to counter.
So how would (could?) such a force be countered?
Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#118 - 2014-01-10 11:58:52 UTC
600+ Megas sounds the most reasonable to me.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#119 - 2014-01-10 12:02:32 UTC
Charlie Firpol wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Dont forget that "bring x+1" is not the only counter to slowcats, at least not "on paper". Stuff like Omegafleet or the Fountain Megathron fleets just haven´t been tried out on field yet.

We would need 1600 mega alone before we start killing archons and CCP nor anyone else wants capitals online.
Proletariat Tingtango
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#120 - 2014-01-10 12:16:37 UTC
If you observe goons on a full moon you'll probably notice they transmorph into reikoku