These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Have Goons become the very thing they hated?? (i.e. BoB)

First post
Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#61 - 2014-01-10 00:58:26 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Cale Nolen wrote:
quick question from newb

why doesnt CCP limit/cap how many type of a specific ship a fleet can have?

Because you can just make multiple fleets.

I mean, they do already. The maximum number of ships you can have in fleet is 250, plus five wing commanders and one fleet commander.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#62 - 2014-01-10 01:03:37 UTC
Every time I hear someone say that we've become BoB, I remember reading about how they were elitist and exclusionary then I take a look over at Spacemonkies Alliance and realize that we'll let any idiot with a pulse in.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#63 - 2014-01-10 01:04:54 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Every time I hear someone say that we've become BoB, I remember reading about how they were elitist and exclusionary then I take a look over at Spacemonkies Alliance and realize that we'll let any idiot with a pulse in.

I just take a quick look at Amok

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Thead Enco
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#64 - 2014-01-10 01:05:15 UTC
Changing the Carrier requirement from Battleship V to III was a "Full ******" decision from a certain somebody.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#65 - 2014-01-10 01:06:05 UTC
Priestess Lin wrote:
Andski wrote:
i like the passive-aggressive snipes from mouthbreathing NPC alts who think they're contributing to the discussion

sorry, I don't have an enormous bandwagon corp to hide behind, nor the patience to deal with the kids who hop onto it that will undoubtedly use locator agents to avenge their butt-hurt. Truth hurts.

can't fly can't crow can't fight what kind of pan are you
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#66 - 2014-01-10 01:06:54 UTC
Andski wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:

I just take a quick look at Amok

or Goonwaffe for that matter
Aiwha
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#67 - 2014-01-10 01:19:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Aiwha
http://themittani.com/features/are-slowcats-overpowered

A little blast from Goons Tech fueled past.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#68 - 2014-01-10 01:31:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Logical 101

When I first read it, that article, while concise and well-written, did little more for me than confirm the validity of my convictions regarding (and utter disdain for) capital warfare. Expensive and simultaneously disposable... a drain to prevent the inevitable overflow of points and null ISK... and increasingly, tools which remove the need for conscious interaction from the framework of large-scale PvP. I have no respect for Slowcats, nor for any capital doctrine for that matter.
Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2014-01-10 01:45:47 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Priestess Lin wrote:
Aren't you supposed to be training Nagflars or something? Your great leaders orders. Or was he drunk that time too? Lol

JDO 5 in queue. But having a counter doesn't automatically make something balanced.

But isnt "something isnt counterable, unless you bring n+1 of the same" your definition of imbalanced? Like I wrote before in this thread, I think it is too soon to already nerf the hell out of drone assists (and thats whats going to happen, if anything happens). The probable counters havent even been properly tested on field yet.

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2014-01-10 01:49:54 UTC
Aiwha wrote:

When typical boot fleets rarely if ever surpassed 100 carriers.

Cale Nolen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#71 - 2014-01-10 01:51:32 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Cale Nolen wrote:
quick question from newb

I mean, they do already. The maximum number of ships you can have in fleet is 250, plus five wing commanders and one fleet commander.

So why not cap ship size in a fleet? i mean say per fleet you can only have a maximum of 20 capital ships.

have the fleet size based of mass or something.

Sorry for the noob question lol just trying to understand it all
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2014-01-10 01:52:06 UTC
Charlie Firpol wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Priestess Lin wrote:
Aren't you supposed to be training Nagflars or something? Your great leaders orders. Or was he drunk that time too? Lol

JDO 5 in queue. But having a counter doesn't automatically make something balanced.

But isnt "something isnt counterable, unless you bring n+1 of the same" your definition of imbalanced? Like I wrote before in this thread, I think it is too soon to already nerf the hell out of drone assists (and thats whats going to happen, if anything happens). The probable counters havent even been properly tested on field yet.

No it isn't. That would be a sure sign of imbalance, but the existence of other counters is not proof of balance.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#73 - 2014-01-10 01:53:14 UTC
Cale Nolen wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Cale Nolen wrote:
quick question from newb

So why not cap ship size in a fleet? i mean say per fleet you can only have a maximum of 20 capital ships.

have the fleet size based of mass or something.

Sorry for the noob question lol just trying to understand it all

Because again you can just make multiple fleets. It would make organizing marginally harder but that's about it.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#74 - 2014-01-10 01:54:28 UTC
Charlie Firpol wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Priestess Lin wrote:

Idk if that's what his statement above really meant, though.

I view it as something along the lines of "The answer to capitals should not only be 'more capitals'." Subcapital fleets should stand a chance.

And drone assist is a big part of why they don't. The other part is ubiquitous nature of the Archon, because it really does nothing badly, a problem which is only exacerbated by it being fielded in large numbers.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#75 - 2014-01-10 01:59:50 UTC
Aiwha wrote:

Hilmar Keller wrote that article and he's in your coalition, gg

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Cale Nolen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#76 - 2014-01-10 02:00:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Cale Nolen
NVM found a topic that seems to be answering my questions, sorry for the interruption plz carry on :)
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#77 - 2014-01-10 02:04:27 UTC
why can't N3 members read bylines????

Commander Spurty
#78 - 2014-01-10 02:10:07 UTC
Posting in "Goon white knights, ASSEMBLE" thread #99

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Wesley Otsdarva
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2014-01-10 02:22:11 UTC
Remove drone assist. And then slowcats will have to adapt, no more insanely fast trigger ship. Or the ability to just assist drones and go AFK. slowcats aren't OP, Drone Assist is. I don't see any good thing coming out of a mechanic that allows you go afk and win. If slowcats had to deal with their slow lock speed. Then its all good.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#80 - 2014-01-10 02:23:03 UTC
GSF CEO UPDATE: SPACE COMMUNISM GONE WILD

Detailed how awesome carriers was and how every goon should have one for free... That was a year ago, and now the same people want them nerfed, what changed?

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.