These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Have Goons become the very thing they hated?? (i.e. BoB)

First post
Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2014-01-09 23:24:46 UTC
Kinis Deren wrote:
It is even worse than the OP makes out. Goons have literally become the laughing stock of New Eden with their whiney ass QQ'ing.

I sure hope CCP tells them to HTFU or GTFO.

Goontards, pro tip here: don't go sperging all over the forms and news sites - it makes you look even worse than the hi sec carebears you are so fond of insulting for doing the exact same thing you always do.

I can't even bring myself to do a 'grrr, goons' because I'm laughing so hard at their weakness.

I can't wait to laugh in your face when CCP proves that once again we were right.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Priestess Lin
Darkfall Corp
#42 - 2014-01-09 23:32:51 UTC
Goon tears are always good. Typical they blame the game for their failures rather than adopt counters like everyone else has had to.

When discussing weaknesses of heavy drones vs fast frigates: baltec1- " A thanatos with a flight of geckos killed a bomber gang while AFK. So yea, they track frigates just fine." https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4678049#post4678049

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#43 - 2014-01-09 23:33:08 UTC
i suspect some people are going to sob into their archon shaped bodypillows when all is said and done

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#44 - 2014-01-09 23:35:25 UTC
Priestess Lin wrote:
Goon tears are always good. Typical they blame the game for their failures rather than adopt counters like everyone else has had to.

I ask this in all honesty, but what counters are there exactly to 300+ Archons?

I mean, if you tell them to just get more Archons that's tantamount to admitting that they're overpowered.

The only other real solution is massively blobbing the Archons, which can't happen due to node constrictions.

So please, what counters?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#45 - 2014-01-09 23:37:19 UTC
because surprise surprise the idea of a single person having direct control over the DPS/alpha of 255 other ships ticks all of the boxes of "this is a ridiculous mechanic"

you're free to try to refute that with weaksauce/stupid/wrong arguments

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#46 - 2014-01-09 23:39:11 UTC
you see the usual way you deal with a lot of incoming DPS is to broadcast for reps and overheat hardeners when you're being yellowboxed

that doesn't really work when one single ship is the trigger for an entire fleet's DPS and that single ship is using a passive targeter

Cale Nolen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#47 - 2014-01-09 23:39:50 UTC
how about we nerf the corps/alliances instead?
Higgs Foton
Mission And Mining Inc
#48 - 2014-01-09 23:41:13 UTC
Best solution would be that CCP gives ME (i am very responsible capsuleer) a fully functional DEATHSTAR with a huge doomsday weapon with can do about 1.000.000.000 dps with an AOE of 100 km and 100.000.000.000.000 hitpoints and a huge picture of Tweety on the hull. Then i will procede to destroy the entire archon fleet of N3 with the thing. I hope that the sensing of the disturbance in the force doesn't crash the node.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#49 - 2014-01-09 23:44:17 UTC
anyway i'm sure some mouthbreather posting with a forum alt will suggest that there was never any discussion about drone assist before the southern war because we totally haven't been abusing the hell out of drone assist to draw attention to it as a dumb mechanic since long before this war

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2014-01-09 23:47:21 UTC
Priestess Lin wrote:

I'd sure like to hear what you think is a good counter for 400+ slowcats.

Priestess Lin
Darkfall Corp
#51 - 2014-01-09 23:55:16 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Priestess Lin wrote:

I'd sure like to hear what you think is a good counter for 400+ slowcats.

Aren't you supposed to be training Nagflars or something? Your great leaders orders. Or was he drunk that time too? Lol

When discussing weaknesses of heavy drones vs fast frigates: baltec1- " A thanatos with a flight of geckos killed a bomber gang while AFK. So yea, they track frigates just fine." https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4678049#post4678049

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#52 - 2014-01-09 23:56:04 UTC
i like the passive-aggressive snipes from mouthbreathing NPC alts who think they're contributing to the discussion

Jim Era
#53 - 2014-01-09 23:56:58 UTC
Amarr #1

Wat™

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2014-01-09 23:58:37 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Priestess Lin wrote:
Aren't you supposed to be training Nagflars or something? Your great leaders orders. Or was he drunk that time too? Lol

JDO 5 in queue. But having a counter doesn't automatically make something balanced.

Priestess Lin
Darkfall Corp
#55 - 2014-01-10 00:00:29 UTC
Andski wrote:
i like the passive-aggressive snipes from mouthbreathing NPC alts who think they're contributing to the discussion

sorry, I don't have an enormous bandwagon corp to hide behind, nor the patience to deal with the kids who hop onto it that will undoubtedly use locator agents to avenge their butt-hurt. Truth hurts.

Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#56 - 2014-01-10 00:02:17 UTC
Andski wrote:

Your significant contributions... are noted.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2014-01-10 00:04:10 UTC
Priestess Lin wrote:
Andski wrote:

sorry, I don't have an enormous bandwagon corp to hide behind, nor the patience to deal with the kids who hop onto it that will undoubtedly use locator agents to avenge their butt-hurt. Truth hurts.

So basically the only thing you have is talk.

Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#58 - 2014-01-10 00:06:51 UTC
Wait, wat? I thought the goons were considered cool. Is this not the case?
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#59 - 2014-01-10 00:14:55 UTC
Priestess Lin wrote:
Andski wrote:

That doesn't actually happen.
Cale Nolen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#60 - 2014-01-10 00:18:01 UTC
quick question from newb

why doesnt CCP limit/cap how many type of a specific ship a fleet can have?