These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Have Goons become the very thing they hated?? (i.e. BoB)

First post
Author
Sean Apollo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-01-09 22:13:40 UTC
TharOkha wrote:
Although i don't like goons very much i must admit that this whole drone assist is nothing more than bypassing and cheating basic principles of battle mechanic in EVE

Its just stupid that one small insta-locking frigate can control thousands of drones and bouncers and thus bypass lock time of carriers resulting in instapoping almost everything what loads on grid.

Drone assist needs to die. At least for sentry drones

That post was not on Drone assist (which i agree is broken) It's on Carriers... Which CFC has been right behind the drone assist and other groups have been using it with Carriers and not BS so of course CFC is gonna cry.

Most people hate me...

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2014-01-09 22:19:45 UTC
Yes look at all of these ex-BoB corps in Goonswarm:

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Evolution
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Destructive_Influence
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/FinFleet
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Reikoku

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-01-09 22:22:26 UTC
Sean Apollo wrote:
TharOkha wrote:
Although i don't like goons very much i must admit that this whole drone assist is nothing more than bypassing and cheating basic principles of battle mechanic in EVE

Its just stupid that one small insta-locking frigate can control thousands of drones and bouncers and thus bypass lock time of carriers resulting in instapoping almost everything what loads on grid.

That post was not on Drone assist (which i agree is broken) It's on Carriers... Which CFC has been right behind the drone assist and other groups have been using it with Carriers and not BS so of course CFC is gonna cry.

Like we cried for a nerf to Technetium when we had none...oh wait!

We can see when something is out of whack, and yell at CCP to change it. It doesn't mean, we are not going to abuse the hell out of it, till they do. Twisted

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Sean Apollo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2014-01-09 22:26:45 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
Sean Apollo wrote:
TharOkha wrote:

Like we cried for a nerf to Technetium when we had none...oh wait!

We can see when something is out of whack, and yell at CCP to change it. It doesn't mean, we are not going to abuse the hell out of it, till they do. Twisted

It's funny because you guys cry when anyone else does

Most people hate me...

Aiwha
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#25 - 2014-01-09 22:32:11 UTC
If CCP nerfs Archons into uselessness, we'll trot out our next concept to beat goons till they whine enough to get that nerfed.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Logical 101
PowerCow Farm
#26 - 2014-01-09 22:39:29 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Be nice if people checked my character before they ask me about things that were before my time.

So you know nothing about the humble origins of the now vast, lurching alliance?
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#27 - 2014-01-09 22:41:42 UTC
grr me

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2014-01-09 22:49:25 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Logical 101 wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Be nice if people checked my character before they ask me about things that were before my time.

So you know nothing about the humble origins of the now vast, lurching alliance?

Some, not much. It's a vast and complex subject. I'm not an EVE historian nor do I care to be.
Keep in mind my corp has only been in GSF for four months.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2014-01-09 22:51:12 UTC
Aiwha wrote:
If CCP nerfs Archons into uselessness, we'll trot out our next concept to beat goons till they whine enough to get that nerfed.

I thought Archons were your only line of defense.
I'm pretty sure you or someone else has insisted as much.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#30 - 2014-01-09 22:53:09 UTC
Aiwha wrote:

Out of genuine curiousity, what would that be?

I was fairly sure you guys pretty much never win subcapital fights. It was my understanding that it was your "300", so to speak, of Archons that was keeping you guys in existence at all.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

sparx Thiesant
Can't Someone Else Do It
#31 - 2014-01-09 22:55:16 UTC
To the goon who says there is no counter to carriers+sentrys bullsh#t bring your own but you scard of cap escalation becouse you claim n3+pl av more supers

You invaded and now cry coz your mega blob cnt beat this valid tactic and your trolls start crying for nurf

man up or go home bring your own caps and supers afta all isnt cfc ment to be the eve super power?

To op yes goons av become what they hated
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#32 - 2014-01-09 22:58:06 UTC
Quote:
To the goon who says there is no counter to carriers+sentrys bullsh#t bring your own

I'd like to point out that "get one yourself" or any variation thereof in defense of something is not a good way to claim that it's not overpowered.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tzar Sinak
Mythic Heights
#33 - 2014-01-09 23:02:39 UTC
TharOkha wrote:

A frigate eh? Seems to me that controlling drones is not a difficult thing (thousands of mechanical objects are controlled centrally everyday) but the necessary Command/Control requirements may not fit on a frigate. In other words, a dedicated ship built to handle such things would be more plausible. For example, a Command Ship.

Hydrostatic Podcast First class listening of all things EVE

Check out the Eve-Prosper show for your market updates!

Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2014-01-09 23:04:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Charlie Firpol
Has the Naglfar even been tried out yet? I havent read anything about that on the ususal news sites yet, neither the pro nor the anti-goon one.
Or massed Megas, haven´t there been some talk that the 600+ Megas that CFC fieled in Fountain could beat it?

Slowcats are still a rather "new" thing (in the way they are used now, I know the mechanics are there for years) but it doesnt look like there has been happened much besides "domies dont work" and theorycrafting. At least, it hasnt reached the broader media yet.

Edit: Another counter, at least in the way its supposed to be, is "supercapitals kill capitals, while they are useless against subcaps".

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

Mostlyharmlesss
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2014-01-09 23:07:28 UTC
Please, someone tell me why this article is incorrect. 2 pages and a bunch of grr-goons but not a single argument to prove the article wrong.

Follow me on Twitter for the latest regarding GoonSwarm Federation and our recruitment drives!

Kinis Deren
Mosquito Squadron
D0GS OF WAR
#36 - 2014-01-09 23:14:19 UTC
It is even worse than the OP makes out. Goons have literally become the laughing stock of New Eden with their whiney ass QQ'ing.

I sure hope CCP tells them to HTFU or GTFO.

Goontards, pro tip here: don't go sperging all over the forms and news sites - it makes you look even worse than the hi sec carebears you are so fond of insulting for doing the exact same thing you always do.

I can't even bring myself to do a 'grrr, goons' because I'm laughing so hard at their weakness.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2014-01-09 23:15:59 UTC
Mostlyharmlesss wrote:
Please, someone tell me why this article is incorrect. 2 pages and a bunch of grr-goons but not a single argument to prove the article wrong.

Did you read my comment?
EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#38 - 2014-01-09 23:18:31 UTC
Never listen to anything DBRB has to say. Ever. No matter what.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2014-01-09 23:20:07 UTC
EI Digin wrote:
Never listen to anything DBRB has to say. Ever. No matter what.

Unless he's telling you to log in and out and you happen to be in a dreadnought in his joint domi-dreadnought fleet disguised as a bomber fleet.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2014-01-09 23:20:58 UTC
Tzar Sinak wrote:
TharOkha wrote:

A frigate eh? Seems to me that controlling drones is not a difficult thing (thousands of mechanical objects are controlled centrally everyday) but the necessary Command/Control requirements may not fit on a frigate. In other words, a dedicated ship built to handle such things would be more plausible. For example, a Command Ship.

Oh gee command ships, color me impressed. They must be really elite.