These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Have Goons become the very thing they hated?? (i.e. BoB)

First post
Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#241 - 2014-01-10 20:52:00 UTC
dexington wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Grath Telkin: disparages the N+1 subcap game.
Promotes N+1 titan game.

Considering the titan is the "most powerful" ship in the game, what would be the alternative?

The alternative would be properly balancing subcaps so that smaller groups have a chance to win against larger groups, also using subcaps.
Of course drone assist is a big part of what's throwing off that balance.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#242 - 2014-01-10 20:52:23 UTC
we only call it "more warm bodies" as long as it's not more warm bodies in supercarriers

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#243 - 2014-01-10 20:53:13 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

Wait Baltec, I thought Slowcats/Boots were invincible, why would you need to only deploy them under jammers, we deploy ours all over, jammer or no, you're not scared they'd die are you?

I mean it couldn't be that you're wrong and a coward at the same time is it?

I said they are invincible to subcap fleets. The fact that you just happen to own the largest titan/super fleet in EVE is why we do not drop our super fleet. In a war of supers we would run out first and leave our space exposed to an unstoppable invasion.

The very fact that it is impossible for new alliances to build a capital fleet to challange either of our groups ever should be enough to show how broken the current situation is. Winning with subcaps is the only chance they have and you want to take that away from everyone including yourselves.

This is actually a lie, Vily claims you moved 900 caps into the south last week, thats nearly double what n3 and PL can put out, so its technically you that has the largest cap fleet in EVE.

I mean I don't want to call a coward a coward or anything, but somethings not adding up with the collected CFC story here.

You have the largest cap/super cap fleet
You have the largest sub cap fleet
You think archons are invincible (you're saying sub caps now but your original post doesn't make any determination like that, and even if it did, carriers die to sub caps if you bring the right kinds, again, field yours and I can show you)

And yet you would only deploy yours under a jammer.

I can't imagine why people think you're full of ****.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Dave Stark
#244 - 2014-01-10 20:53:16 UTC
Andski wrote:
we only call it "more warm bodies" as long as it's not more warm bodies in supercarriers

tbh if your fleet is active in the US tz, i doubt there are any warm bodies.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#245 - 2014-01-10 20:53:27 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
You know, you may have a point here. Maybe cap construction should be opened up more, so that everyone would have a chance for a combined arms approach to fleets. Will the CFC pursue such a change with equal vigor?

Anyone can build capital ships in lowsec.
I wouldn't be surprised if there were still ways to buy a number of supers even for those who don't have sov or allies with sov.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#246 - 2014-01-10 20:55:16 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:

You know, you may have a point here. Maybe cap construction should be opened up more, so that everyone would have a chance for a combined arms approach to fleets. Will the CFC pursue such a change with equal vigor?

Wont make a difference.

The old capitals are still there and for every one you build they are also building one. You simply cannot catch up as they are just not getting killed in enough numbers.
Silent Rambo
Orion Positronics
#247 - 2014-01-10 20:55:30 UTC
If this has already been posted in the thread then forgive me: Rebuttal to all the CFC whining and complaining

You CFC guys look terrible defending your butt hurt FC. Another guy in this thread said it best, these mechanics have been around for 5 years. Why all the rage about this feature you've used in the past right now when you're losing?

Quote:
This thread is getting good.

So, the CFC can't bomb the sentries because the AFK archons would pull their drones while being totes afks. Great narrative, bro.

Lol

Exceptional tale brethren.

You really think someone would do that? Just log into EvE and tell lies?

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#248 - 2014-01-10 20:55:57 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
This is actually a lie, Vily claims you moved 900 caps into the south last week, thats nearly double what n3 and PL can put out, so its technically you that has the largest cap fleet in EVE.

he never said we moved 900 caps though you're free to point out where he said "we moved 900 caps into the south"

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#249 - 2014-01-10 20:56:20 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if there were still ways to buy a number of supers even for those who don't have sov or allies with sov.

So you're saying that baltec was wrong when he said:

baltec1 wrote:

The very fact that it is impossible for new alliances to build a capital fleet to challange either of our groups ever should be enough to show how broken the current situation is.

So in fact, since building a capital fleet is not a problem, the current situation isn't broken?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#250 - 2014-01-10 20:56:27 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Grath Telkin wrote:

Too bad baltec didn't say "capitals".

Grath Telkin wrote:
I mean I don't want to call a coward a coward or anything, but somethings not adding up with the collected CFC story here.

I'm fairly sure it was by your own admission that you have a larger supercap fleet.

Grath Telkin wrote:
You think archons are invincible (you're saying sub caps now but your original post doesn't make any determination like that, and even if it did, carriers die to sub caps if you bring the right kinds, again, field yours and I can show you)

He never said archons were invincible to caps. Nobody did.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#251 - 2014-01-10 20:57:37 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

You have the largest sub cap fleet

And yet you would only deploy yours under a jammer.

I can't imagine why people think you're full of ****.

I would love to see these 900 caps. I would also love to see this massive titan fleet we have.

Please post this evidence you have.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#252 - 2014-01-10 20:57:41 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:

So you're saying that baltec was wrong when he said:

baltec1 wrote:

The very fact that it is impossible for new alliances to build a capital fleet to challange either of our groups ever should be enough to show how broken the current situation is.

So in fact, since building a capital fleet is not a problem, the current situation isn't broken?

Read what he then said:

baltec1 wrote:
Wont make a difference.

The old capitals are still there and for every one you build they are also building one. You simply cannot catch up as they are just not getting killed in enough numbers.

PotatoOverdose
Caldari State
#253 - 2014-01-10 21:00:54 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Read what he then said:

baltec1 wrote:
Wont make a difference.

I'm sorry, this thread started moving so fast after AFK archons started pulling their sentries, my connection must be experiencing tidi.

So is the new narrative, "Grrrrrr Capitals, Grrrrrr?"
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#254 - 2014-01-10 21:03:47 UTC
Andski wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

he never said we moved 900 caps though you're free to point out where he said "we moved 900 caps into the south"

Really, because his Kugu posting sure does read that way:

redsaber wrote:
insinuating that our moving op is connected to an event an hour later 4 cynos away is funny.

hey CFC now that your mostly stood down, take your supers a couple midpoints straight by us with no support please "

lol you can do better grath

edit : maybe only 3 cynos

edit; also for the record if you combine our supers and capitals we had just over 900

For the record redsaber is Vily's Kugu account, Endie also claims 837 in that same thread, so please tell me more about how they didn't say that.

This game is fun we should keep playing

Silent Rambo
Orion Positronics
#255 - 2014-01-10 21:04:05 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:

Stop making me laugh at work Lol

You really think someone would do that? Just log into EvE and tell lies?

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#256 - 2014-01-10 21:05:06 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:

Wont make a difference.

Oh and this litle gem here, 400+ carriers die in 60 days but according to Baltec here they're just not getting killed in enough numbers....

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#257 - 2014-01-10 21:05:30 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Read what he then said:

baltec1 wrote:
Wont make a difference.

I'm sorry, this thread started moving so fast after AFK archons started pulling their sentries, my connection must be experiencing tidi.

Just pointing out why having capitals that will wipe out any subcap fleet and can only be killed by more capitals is a terrible thing. CCP have nerfed capitals five times now for this very reason.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#258 - 2014-01-10 21:06:34 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:

Wont make a difference.

Oh and this litle gem here, 400+ carriers die in 60 days but according to Baltec here they're just not getting killed in enough numbers....

How many were supers or titans?
Dave Stark
#259 - 2014-01-10 21:07:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave Stark
Grath Telkin wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:

Wont make a difference.

are 400+ carriers dying every 60 days, or is this just an outlier that you're quoting?

really nothing irks me more than bad statistics.

edit: especially since 60 days is a very short time period in a game that's a decade old.
PotatoOverdose
Caldari State
#260 - 2014-01-10 21:08:30 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

How many were supers or titans?

So we now have AFK Archons pulling sentries and Drone Assisting Titans and Supers. This thread IS getting good.