These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Have Goons become the very thing they hated?? (i.e. BoB)

First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#221 - 2014-01-10 20:32:48 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
I thought all the slowcats were afk? How can someone that is afk possibly recall drones, let alone launch and assist additional flights of drones?

So what if they aren't? That's hardly central to anyone's arguments.

But then why do you guys keep repeating it, in every single thread and news article? Why the deception? Cool

Edit - Gold:
knobber Jobbler wrote:

Drone assist sentries is the best mechanic, log in, join fleet, deploy drones, **** off down the pub. By the time I get back its either downtime or the node collapsed. On the rare occasions where I can't go completey AFK I can have some quality world of tanks time, I'm hoping it doesn't get fixed so I can play clan wars and take sov. Its easier than orbiting and pressing F1. Perfect.

I have never said this.
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#222 - 2014-01-10 20:33:42 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Because it's still a good point about the mechanic being stupid. You can fight without being there. What an awesome game.

But you're obviously lying, as per your post 4 posts up. Why all the lies?Lol

James Amril-Kesh wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
I thought all the slowcats were afk? How can someone that is afk possibly recall drones, let alone launch and assist additional flights of drones?

So what if they aren't? That's hardly central to anyone's arguments.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#223 - 2014-01-10 20:34:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Grath Telkin
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Again, if you think they're so invincible, put them on the field and let me show you exactly how wrong you are.

With what? Titans? Who else but you and your coalition would stand any chance? That's kind of only reinforcing my point.

.[/quote]

So theres currently only 2 coalitions in game James, I'm not sure if you noticed, theres Us and Them and thats it. According to Vily you moved 900 caps into the south, which included 40+ titans, So I'm pretty sure the other coalition in EVE could do the same thing we can.

baltec1 wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

I will tear your boot fleets limb from limb, this is me, literally daring you.

Again, if you think they're so invincible, put them on the field and let me show you exactly how wrong you are.

We look forwards to your subcap fleets attacking our cyno jammed systems.

Wait Baltec, I thought Slowcats/Boots were invincible, why would you need to only deploy them under jammers, we deploy ours all over, jammer or no, you're not scared they'd die are you?

I mean it couldn't be that you're wrong and a coward at the same time is it?

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#224 - 2014-01-10 20:36:43 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Because it's still a good point about the mechanic being stupid. You can fight without being there. What an awesome game.

Who's doing this that you feel the need to complain about it?

I mean following your logic, you could be botting so we should just ban you right?

What 3rd world country do you live in that you make changes to things for what somebody might do instead of what they are doing?

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#225 - 2014-01-10 20:37:11 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
So theres currently only 2 coalitions in game James, I'm not sure if you noticed, theres Us and Them and thats it. According to Vily you moved 900 caps into the south, which included 40+ titans, So I'm pretty sure the other coalition in EVE could do the same thing we can.

You don't get to complain about the subcap numbers we pull and then pretend that the fact that you have more titans isn't a factor.

Grath Telkin wrote:
Wait Baltec, I thought Slowcats/Boots were invincible, why would you need to only deploy them under jammers, we deploy ours all over, jammer or no, you're not scared they'd die are you?

It could be that you're a hypocrite.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#226 - 2014-01-10 20:37:12 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Hmm smaller (compared to CFC fleets anyway) groups of slowcats seem to be doing well enought against your offensive war atm. Why would anyone want to remove that?

Wait until someone tries to attack us, then we'll laugh at the irony when they can't defeat our massive boot fleets.

Play fair. Everyone knows PL subcap fleets aren't worth **** these days. Last time I saw one they were in Talwars, the only other alliance doing that was TEST.
Dave Stark
#227 - 2014-01-10 20:39:34 UTC
this thread is getting good. i don't have any popcorn but i do have mini toblerones. will share; i hate dark chocolate. milk and white are mine, though.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#228 - 2014-01-10 20:40:02 UTC
knobber Jobbler wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Hmm smaller (compared to CFC fleets anyway) groups of slowcats seem to be doing well enought against your offensive war atm. Why would anyone want to remove that?

Wait until someone tries to attack us, then we'll laugh at the irony when they can't defeat our massive boot fleets.

Play fair. Everyone knows PL subcap fleets aren't worth **** these days. Last time I saw one they were in Talwars, the only other alliance doing that was TEST.

You should have been around last night when 30 of us jumped into 120 of you and destroyed you then, I guess being afk had certain virtues when you're trying to spin a narrative

Baltec says Archons are invincible, but wont deploy them if they're not under a jammer, sounds legit

James says that we need to nerf drone assign because somebody might do something with them, though he admits that its not important that its not actually happening right now...

Maybe you guys should huddle up a bit and try and get a working group think story together, facts seem to be getting in your way here a lot

Aiwha
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#229 - 2014-01-10 20:40:21 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

It also means that all of the other alliances stand no chance of ever gaining any victory over either of the two superpowers.

But if we removed slowcats, a smaller group would definitely stand a better chance of holding its own against the cfc's typical N+1 strategy, yes?

Some chance is better than none.

Because the CFC losing isn't fair.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#230 - 2014-01-10 20:41:14 UTC
**** white chocolate. That **** is disgusting.

You can feed it to dogs though, since it doesn't contain theobromine.

PotatoOverdose
Caldari State
#231 - 2014-01-10 20:41:55 UTC
This thread is getting good.

So, the CFC can't bomb the sentries because the AFK archons would pull their drones while being totes afks. Great narrative, bro.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#232 - 2014-01-10 20:43:57 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:

I said they are invincible to subcap fleets. The fact that you just happen to own the largest titan/super fleet in EVE is why we do not drop our super fleet. In a war of supers we would run out first and leave our space exposed to an unstoppable invasion.

The very fact that it is impossible for new alliances to build a capital fleet to challange either of our groups ever should be enough to show how broken the current situation is. Winning with subcaps is the only chance they have and you want to take that away from everyone including yourselves.
Dave Stark
#233 - 2014-01-10 20:44:12 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

white chocolate, best chocolate.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#234 - 2014-01-10 20:45:25 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

white chocolate, best chocolate.

That's so racist!
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#235 - 2014-01-10 20:47:36 UTC
Grath Telkin: disparages the N+1 subcap game.
Promotes N+1 titan game.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#236 - 2014-01-10 20:47:56 UTC
oh dear are you going to headshot VFK again

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

DRGaius Baltar
Perkone
Caldari State
#237 - 2014-01-10 20:48:55 UTC
Maybe "Pizza" could provide training in bombing sentries?
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#238 - 2014-01-10 20:49:14 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Promotes N+1 titan game.

Considering the titan is the "most powerful" ship in the game, what would be the alternative?

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

PotatoOverdose
Caldari State
#239 - 2014-01-10 20:51:01 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
baltec1 wrote:
Winning with subcaps is the only chance they have and you want to take that away from everyone including yourselves.

Tell me, when was the last time someone took and held sov from the CFC using only subcaps? Oh....never......oh dear......

baltec1 wrote:

The very fact that it is impossible for new alliances to build a capital fleet to challange either of our groups ever should be enough to show how broken the current situation is.

You know, you may have a point here. Maybe cap construction should be opened up more, so that everyone would have a chance for a combined arms approach to fleets. Will the CFC pursue such a change with equal vigor?
Dave Stark
#240 - 2014-01-10 20:51:31 UTC
dexington wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Promotes N+1 titan game.

Considering the titan is the "most powerful" ship in the game, what would be the alternative?

a balanced game where there are options other than "more warm bodies" as the ONLY viable tactic?