These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1881 - 2014-02-02 00:38:45 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pre-SOE ships, weren't SOE LP's worth something along the lines of 2000:1? I don't find that particularly high. Definitely higher than your vanilla faction, though. But not 'broken' high.

2500-3000

More if you have access to a null sec market.
Skill Training Online
Doomheim
#1882 - 2014-02-02 00:41:27 UTC
Onictus wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pre-SOE ships, weren't SOE LP's worth something along the lines of 2000:1? I don't find that particularly high. Definitely higher than your vanilla faction, though. But not 'broken' high.

2500-3000

Complete and utter lies, you have no idea what you are talking about, please stop insulting your betters and go read a book.

I think the basic concept of mathematics escapes you.

This is not a personal attack, I am merely offering educational advice to protect your self-image in the eyes of strangers.

Thank You Obama!

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1883 - 2014-02-02 00:41:39 UTC  |  Edited by: La Nariz
Kimmi Chan wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Can you put all that into a google doc of some sort for us?

I hope this will suffice.

Can't access it.

My apologies. I had not shared it.

Take two.

You might want to make it so people can't edit it if you haven't already and I think I found something, in "The Anomaly" 3/3 it shows that you started it at 6:23 when "The Anomaly" 2/3 was completed at 6:29 should the start time be 6:29 instead or can you do both of those at the same time?

E:Oh yeah that is a pretty good start, good work.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1884 - 2014-02-02 00:42:33 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Can't access it.

Take two.

You are running in VERY high sec space or with a character that doesn't have his social skill right.....and Anomaly, NEVER run Anomaly, its a HUGE waist of time.

Was that just an hour running?
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1885 - 2014-02-02 00:47:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Onictus
Skill Training Online wrote:
Onictus wrote:
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:

2500-3000

Complete and utter lies, you have no idea what you are talking about, please stop insulting your betters and go read a book.

I think the basic concept of mathematics escapes you.

This is not a personal attack, I am merely offering educational advice to protect your self-image in the eyes of strangers.

Heh

Ok so what do you think I can get in 6VDT for sisters launchers? I'll tell you 60(ish) mil and up, 760-780k per probe. At a whopping 1800 LP for a set of ten that is 4,300isk/LP

Lies my ass look on eve central smart guy.

:edit

Oh and if I had the desire and a stable enough connection (neither of which I have currently) I could REALLY push that and run out of X-70, like everyone else I have a carebear Tengu as well.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1886 - 2014-02-02 00:47:59 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Can't access it.

Take two.

You might want to make it so people can't edit it if you haven't already and I think I found something, in "The Anomaly" 3/3 it shows that you started it at 6:23 when "The Anomaly" 2/3 was completed at 6:29 should the start time be 6:29 instead or can you do both of those at the same time?

E:Oh yeah that is a pretty good start, good work.

I saw that in the Anomaly as well. I've corrected it.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1887 - 2014-02-02 00:48:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
Onictus wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Can't access it.

Take two.

You are running in VERY high sec space or with a character that doesn't have his social skill right.....and Anomaly, NEVER run Anomaly, its a HUGE waist of time.

0.6 Sec Status - My social skills are not brilliant. SC 0 for example and Negotiation II

Sheet 1 is the first 4 hours.
Sheet 2 is the second 4 hours.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1888 - 2014-02-02 00:50:25 UTC
Onictus wrote:

From the sheet it shows 231 minutes. So now that we have some information lets make a "gold standard" for testing here.

Ideally:

-SOE/Thukker/The highest LP/isk available,

-0.5-0.6 space, decline lowsec missions,

-Golem/Raven.

Someone will have to come up with a list of missions to decline.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1889 - 2014-02-02 00:53:27 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

This is the part I am hoping someone can provide. I know of a few to decline (Massive Attack is an auto decline, for example), but I am far from experienced in the matter.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1890 - 2014-02-02 00:53:46 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

0.6 Sec Status - My social skills are not brilliant. SC 0 for example and Negotiation II

What is F19 on sheet 2?

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1891 - 2014-02-02 00:54:30 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

What I'm seeing there is 66% of anomoly income with a HAC or T2 fit battleship....despite an absolute crap mission spread (seriously the mission gods hate you) and VERY low LP income. Dread Pirate for example yields 9100-9200 LP for a 0.5 agent on a toon with maxed social skills.

That ties it, and that is why I have a set of mission alts that I fill the wallet doing boring crap like siege fleets and POS shots.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1892 - 2014-02-02 00:54:34 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Onictus wrote:

From the sheet it shows 231 minutes. So now that we have some information lets make a "gold standard" for testing here.

Ideally:

-Golem/Raven.

I think instead of doing 4 hour gigs I'm going to go with 2. Blitzing and pushing like this trying to get close to the numbers we're looking for makes this more like a job.

Also, my plan is to use the different strategies you proposed (i.e. Do four different runs, blitzing and salvaging, full clear and salvaging, blitzing without salvaging, and full clear without salvaging) each day so tomorrow blitzing and salvaging, Monday full clear and salvage, etc.

Will that still give us the data we need?

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1893 - 2014-02-02 00:58:47 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

What is F19 on sheet 2?

1356 ISK/LP for Peace & Order Unit on ISK per LP store site.

I did not want to waste any of my 4 hours buying stuff out of the LP Store, hauling it to Jita, waiting for it to sell, etc.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1894 - 2014-02-02 00:59:56 UTC
Don't even bother with full clear without salvaging.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1895 - 2014-02-02 00:59:58 UTC  |  Edited by: La Nariz
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I think instead of doing 4 hour gigs I'm going to go with 2. Blitzing and pushing like this trying to get close to the numbers we're looking for makes this more like a job.

Also, my plan is to use the different strategies you proposed (i.e. Do four different runs, blitzing and salvaging, full clear and salvaging, blitzing without salvaging, and full clear without salvaging) each day so tomorrow blitzing and salvaging, Monday full clear and salvage, etc.

Okay lets set up a protocol here because consistency is crucial.

You don't have to do the tests consecutively. If there's a day or five between runs it isn't an issue as long as you follow a protocol that is shown to everyone. You're going to want at least three runs of each though.

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

The quality of the scientist can be judged based on how they control for their experiments, we need a negative control and full clear without salvage provides that.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1896 - 2014-02-02 01:00:13 UTC
Onictus wrote:
(seriously the mission gods hate you)

This. All day, this.

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1897 - 2014-02-02 01:00:13 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Onictus wrote:

Ideally:

-Golem/Raven.

I rarely salvage.

About half of the time I contact big missions like AE and blockade to Pro Synergy, they give me half
Some missions like Princess and GB I'll drop an MTU with an alt
I usually carry an MTU on with the Golem and drop it right next to me and salvage whatever it hauls in while I'm sitting there (cruise missiles don't require a lot of attention, just make sure the launchers are running)

Depending on how many characters I happen to be running at the time.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1898 - 2014-02-02 01:03:23 UTC  |  Edited by: La Nariz
We need to agree on a fit, what missions to decline, a corporation and an agent.

E: And a TZ for it to occur in.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1899 - 2014-02-02 01:04:10 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

The quality of the scientist can be judged based on how they control for their experiments, we need a negative control and full clear without salvage provides that.

Certainly fair.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1900 - 2014-02-02 01:07:15 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

Anomaly
Massive Attack

After that its a judgement call.

That storyline may be a shipyard, and that is a MINIMUM 25mil reward for not a lot of work.

Likewise if you give no fucks about standings, tag missions (smash the supplier and whatnot) yield 20-30mil in tags.....but most skip them outside of dedicated single empire runners.