These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1861 - 2014-02-01 21:49:31 UTC
These are the numbers compiled from my missioning mid-day. I do have a lot of additional data. If anyone needs anything specific please let me know.

Began at 1630

Starting wallet 0.00
Starting LP 37790

Agent: Akujainen Hivas

Ship used: Golem

I did no looting (aside from mission objectives) and no salvage.

End at 2028

Ending Wallet: 81,696,645.00
Ending LP: 77622

Missions Completed: 14

Longest Mission Time: Worlds Collide 32 minutes

Total Jumps: 8

ISK Value of LP from: ISK per LP Store = 1,356

ISK value of LP earned 39832 * 1356 = 54,012,192.00

Total earned per hour in 4 hours (81,696,645 + 54,012,192)/4 = 33,927,209

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

ashley Eoner
#1862 - 2014-02-01 21:50:54 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Thanks for sharing that Baltec. As I stated previously I've never been one to maximize ISK/hr so this is uncharted territory for me. I am not completely was to decline and what to accept. As an example, The Anomaly chain is weak in my opinion or maybe it's just that I hate it but I did it anyway. I did decline Dup of Death in this last go because I think it was Tauranon said in an earlier post in this thread to skip that one.

I think it's great that Stoic put together a HAC that breezes through L3s for that kind of ISK/hr. I can fly an Eagle or a Cerberus but not as well as I can fly the Golem so I'll just stick with what I'm good at. Well, at least as good as I can.

I really feel horrible about not being able to hit the numbers that are being asserted here. I keep pushing myself to get this stuff done fast and everything but I keep coming up way short. It wears me out. :(

Successful blitzing is a very tiring experience as you cannot stop for any reason. You MUST keep pushing hard and hard or your isk per hour will plummet. You don't have time to second guess mission acceptance or to change tanks if you want to keep up a good rate.

As for stoic he did that pre-bunch of nerfs and he wouldn't be able to reach the same number if he tried it today. It's also irrelevant as his HAC had BS level dps for missions that are designed around t1 cruiser level of dps (half at best what stoic had). You can't overpower level 4s like you can level 3s because of the limits of what ships you can bring into HS. So there's no way to directly connect his information to level 4s while staying honest.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1863 - 2014-02-01 21:55:11 UTC
Missions completed and Rewards and Time Bonus

Unauthorized Military Presence - 538000 - 633000
Intercept the Saboteurs - 739000 - 700000
Attack of the Drones -910000 - 729000
Massive Attack - 717000 - 712000
Duo of Death (DECLINED) - NA - NA
Attack of the Drones -663000 -730000
Worlds Collide (NO HACKER CARD) - 1390000 - 1600000
Intercept the Saboteurs - 662000 - 610000
Gone Berserk - 730000 - 1080000
Pirate Invasion - 872000 - 625000
Rogue Slave Trader 1 of 2 - 316000 - 297000
Rogue Slave Trader 2 of 2 - 616000 - 729000
Stop the Thief - 525000 - 577000
Dread Pirate Scarlet (No Gate Key) - 1450000 - 1710000
Unauthorized Military Presence - 693000 - 612000

Time spent in each mission

Unauthorized Military Presence - 18
Intercept the Saboteurs - 21
Attack of the Drones - 17
Massive Attack - 26
Duo of Death (DECLINED) - 0
Attack of the Drones - 10
Worlds Collide (NO HACKER CARD) - 32
Intercept the Saboteurs - 18
Gone Berserk - 11
Pirate Invasion - 25
Rogue Slave Trader 1 of 2 - 8
Rogue Slave Trader 2 of 2 - 9
Stop the Thief - 7
Dread Pirate Scarlet (No Gate Key) - 26
Unauthorized Military Presence - 12

Sorry for the spacing. :/

stoicfaux
#1864 - 2014-02-01 22:01:34 UTC
ashley Eoner wrote:

What surprised me in the link is he didn't have to reject whole batches of missions set in lowsec.

I'm the person who did the 50+M in Level 3s in an Ishtar post.

I did reject missions into low-sec. I listed a whole bunch of min-maxing conditionals to make it work, e.g. "* cherry pick missions, i.e. use faction standings to decline a mission more than once every 4 hours." In this case I was using standings to skip multiple low-sec missions per four hour block. If you actually cherry-pick the profitable missions, then you need to look at rows 41-47 to see what could be possible.

ashley Eoner wrote:

You can't overpower level 4s like he was overpowering level 3s and you certainly can't do it in a ship that is as fast as a HAC (warp/alignment/movement/etc). As you stated most of the time is wasted in warping and BSes warp slowly.

Yeah, the Rubicon warp speed changes are pretty obnoxious, even for a fast cruiser. When I ran a few tests on Sisi for Rubicon 1.0, a ~500 DPS Tengu with the Warp Speed subsystem looks like it was comparable and/or slightly better than the Ishtar (but it was a very small sample size) against Guristas.

I have some more data with a warp speed rigged Ishtar post Rubicon. I'll see if I can summarize the results later.

However, I still need to run the Ishtar with the Rubicon 1.1 omni nerfs.

tl;dr - Lies, damn lies, and statistics. Let's be careful with the numbers we throw around.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

ashley Eoner
#1865 - 2014-02-01 22:05:36 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:

What surprised me in the link is he didn't have to reject whole batches of missions set in lowsec.

I'm the person who did the 50+M in Level 3s in an Ishtar post.

I did reject missions into low-sec. I listed a whole bunch of min-maxing conditionals to make it work, e.g. "* cherry pick missions, i.e. use faction standings to decline a mission more than once every 4 hours." In this case I was using standings to skip multiple low-sec missions per four hour block. If you actually cherry-pick the profitable missions, then you need to look at rows 41-47 to see what could be possible.

ashley Eoner wrote:

You can't overpower level 4s like he was overpowering level 3s and you certainly can't do it in a ship that is as fast as a HAC (warp/alignment/movement/etc). As you stated most of the time is wasted in warping and BSes warp slowly.

Yeah, the Rubicon warp speed changes are pretty obnoxious, even for a fast cruiser. When I ran a few tests on Sisi for Rubicon 1.0, a ~500 DPS Tengu with the Warp Speed subsystem looks like it was comparable and/or slightly better than the Ishtar (but it was a very small sample size) against Guristas.

I have some more data with a warp speed rigged Ishtar post Rubicon. I'll see if I can summarize the results later.

However, I still need to run the Ishtar with the Rubicon 1.1 omni nerfs.

tl;dr - Lies, damn lies, and statistics. Let's be careful with the numbers we throw around.

Yeah as I stated earlier the last time I blitzed missions I actually lost my ability to run level 4s with my .5 agent due to agent standing (diplomacy IV).

I'm interested in seeing what you can do with the ishtar post Rubicon 1.1. I imagine you won't reach your old number but it shouldn't be too much lower (within 10m).

If you can assist us with setting ideal conditions for blitzing 4s that would be spectacular.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1866 - 2014-02-01 22:07:38 UTC
Some things that need to be noted in this last round.

I am still having a real hard time distinguishing Group 2a and 2b in Intercept the Saboteurs and of course Hivas gave it to me twice because he's a ****.

My first attempt at UAP this go was again jacked up I again missed a damn frigate. However, I've worked it out and my second time through this go around was a little better. 18m vs. 12m

Initially, I had planned to do these missions in Osmon in a Raven. The Raven is still sitting in Osmon and has that stupid Hacker Card and Gate Key for DPS in it.

Time to clear the gates on WC and DPS was 8m and 13m respectively. Obviously, this accounts for a lot of lost time.

Pirate Intrusion - Sanshas - I was using Scourge up until what I thought was the last rat in Group 5 before switching to Inferno, which handicapped my DPS for that mission somewhat. I also must have missed something in Group 5 because I ended up having to kill all but 2 BS and 3 frigs that never aggroed.

Dread Pilot Scarlet - I thought that blitzing this mission required just popping Scarlet at the end and getting out but halfway through room 2 (Guristas), I discovered while reading the mission report that I can just burn to the gates. Lost some time trying to kill everything in that room before realizing my error.

On the first Intercept the Saboteurs I got hung up on the damn gate for about 15-20s. Not a big deal but still.

On Massive Attack it says kill everything in Group 3 then warp out. I guess that once again, not being used to the blitzing thing, I missed something else. I did get a good laugh out of them while they used their tracking disruptors on me.

ashley Eoner
#1867 - 2014-02-01 22:17:45 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Some things that need to be noted in this last round.

I am still having a real hard time distinguishing Group 2a and 2b in Intercept the Saboteurs and of course Hivas gave it to me twice because he's a ****.

My first attempt at UAP this go was again jacked up I again missed a damn frigate. However, I've worked it out and my second time through this go around was a little better. 18m vs. 12m

Initially, I had planned to do these missions in Osmon in a Raven. The Raven is still sitting in Osmon and has that stupid Hacker Card and Gate Key for DPS in it.

Time to clear the gates on WC and DPS was 8m and 13m respectively. Obviously, this accounts for a lot of lost time.

Pirate Intrusion - Sanshas - I was using Scourge up until what I thought was the last rat in Group 5 before switching to Inferno, which handicapped my DPS for that mission somewhat. I also must have missed something in Group 5 because I ended up having to kill all but 2 BS and 3 frigs that never aggroed.

Dread Pilot Scarlet - I thought that blitzing this mission required just popping Scarlet at the end and getting out but halfway through room 2 (Guristas), I discovered while reading the mission report that I can just burn to the gates. Lost some time trying to kill everything in that room before realizing my error.

On the first Intercept the Saboteurs I got hung up on the damn gate for about 15-20s. Not a big deal but still.

On Massive Attack it says kill everything in Group 3 then warp out. I guess that once again, not being used to the blitzing thing, I missed something else. I did get a good laugh out of them while they used their tracking disruptors on me.

On dread pirate scarlet just burn the gates but make sure to pop her in the third pocket and then loot her before leaving as she tends to drop a decent paying implant.

Massive attack hasn't worked right for me in minmatar space for some time.
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1868 - 2014-02-01 22:24:43 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:
It's also been pointed out hundreds of times that only a select few can pull your mythical +110m isk an hour in level 4s or 180m isk an hour in incursions.

Only they do earn that much, hell, I just posted a fine example showing that level 3 missions will net you more isk than kimmi was earning in their level 4 test.

The thread you linked does not support the claim that level 4 missions net 100+ per hour. In fact the OP's data is in support of making income close to what he calls is the lower bound of L4's, which he claims to be 60 mil per hr, not 100 mil. Note that his data neither supports or refutes that the "norm" for Lvl 4's is 100 to 120 mil per hour. Do you have any data in support of the claims that:

1. Lvl 4 missions net 100 to 120/hr?
2. This is the norm?
3. This is sustainable?

Again, I'll just state that I'd support a nerf to blitzing if blitzing is a problem. CCP has the data. It'd be good if they'd share it. But as of now, the only data presented thus far does not prove of incomes over 100+/hr.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

ashley Eoner
#1869 - 2014-02-01 23:05:01 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:
It's also been pointed out hundreds of times that only a select few can pull your mythical +110m isk an hour in level 4s or 180m isk an hour in incursions.

Only they do earn that much, hell, I just posted a fine example showing that level 3 missions will net you more isk than kimmi was earning in their level 4 test.

The thread you linked does not support the claim that level 4 missions net 100+ per hour. In fact the OP's data is in support of making income close to what he calls is the lower bound of L4's, which he claims to be 60 mil per hr, not 100 mil. Note that his data neither supports or refutes that the "norm" for Lvl 4's is 100 to 120 mil per hour. Do you have any data in support of the claims that:

1. Lvl 4 missions net 100 to 120/hr?
2. This is the norm?
3. This is sustainable?

Again, I'll just state that I'd support a nerf to blitzing if blitzing is a problem. CCP has the data. It'd be good if they'd share it. But as of now, the only data presented thus far does not prove of incomes over 100+/hr.
Frankly blitzing is well past it's hayday in level 4s. 100ish an hour solo was possible over a year ago prior to changes in the missions and various nerfs. I'm not even convinced blitzing is really worth it in level 4s with the changes that have occurred (from warp speed nerfs to requiring all npcs to be dead).
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1870 - 2014-02-01 23:10:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
I too would support a nerf to blitzing but I think we're missing the bigger picture. Forgive me if this rambles or doesn't make sense but I'm literally exhausted.

72% of ISK faucets are Null Sec Anomalies - this was posted earlier in this thread and I have not seen it refuted but would love either a confirmation or source to this information or misinformation, whatever the case may be.

Now Baltec before you freak out, I recognize that this does not represent in any way a Sov Null line member's personal income. I think you've made a good case for that and I have no reason to doubt you.

In order to mitigate inflation from various faucets there needs to be sinks. I am way too tired to look it up but I wonder how much ISK goes out via the LP store.

With the introduction of the ESS, flawed as it may be, pilots in Null can now obtain LP as part of there PVE rewards in Null. It is not without it's shortcomings but nonetheless is paying out LP. As such, it is a sink taking ISK (in the form of bounties) out of the game in place of LP.

Sorry, rambling.

Anyway, due to the valuation of LP for SOE, Thukkar, and Trade Partners as Jenn has kindly pointed out to us all, that LP is worth more ISK but there is no real way to devalue it in our current environment. Here are some options I can think of but each is problematic.

1. Reduce LP awarded from missions for these corps based on market conditions. An LP nerf works but would likely need to be constantly monitored by people at CCP and do they really have the resources to micro-manage something like that without screwing it up?

2. Flatline nerf LP for these corps. Cut LP awards by 50% for example for these corps only. The problem here is that what happens when the "next big thing" comes out for a different corp and every Tom, Dinsdale, and Harry is running missions for Perkone? Do they go back and buff SOE, Thukkar, and Trade Partners back to pre-nerf levels? Again, do we want CCP manipulating things like this back and forth to address a long existing imbalance?

3. Nerf blitzing. This seems to me the most reasonable response but involves rewriting a bunch of Python code to manifest. Not an easy task and who knows what will get screwed up.

The problem with all 3 of these options is that it limits the amount of LP in Eve. Limiting that LP clogs the sink.

Those are my thoughts on this based on what I've seen and been enlightened to in the past couple of days with the FW 600m/hr crazy horseshit thing and everything else going on around here.

ED: Lots of grammar and spelling fail :/

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1871 - 2014-02-01 23:36:16 UTC
Can you put all that into a google doc of some sort for us?

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1872 - 2014-02-01 23:41:32 UTC
Here's the problem I see with nerfing, for example, SOE LP. Right now SOE ships are a very hot commodity in high demand. It's foolish to expect them to be anything but. But nerfing SOE LP based on this will only cause problems down the line once these new ships' values begin to stabilize. Why not let the market sort it out? I'm not saying we should. I'm merely asking why not? I think this may be setting a precedent for future LP values when new toys are introduced. Should LP be adjusted when a new faction store module is introduced?

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1873 - 2014-02-01 23:51:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Here's the problem I see with nerfing, for example, SOE LP. Right now SOE ships are a very hot commodity in high demand. It's foolish to expect them to be anything but. But nerfing SOE LP based on this will only cause problems down the line once these new ships' values begin to stabilize. Why not let the market sort it out? I'm not saying we should. I'm merely asking why not? I think this may be setting a precedent for future LP values when new toys are introduced. Should LP be adjusted when a new faction store module is introduced?

That is a bad assumption (that it has anything to do with the ships). SOE LP has always been valuable. The ships just made it more valuable.

From the Features and Ideas forum:
CCP Rise wrote:
The second piece, which ties with the first, is that Sisters of EVE LP is very valuable because of demand for Sisters Probe Launchers and implant sets. That means the ISK conversion on ships like the Nestor would never be worthwhile as long as demand for probe launchers was higher, which will likely always be the case.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1874 - 2014-02-01 23:59:55 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

I hope this will suffice.

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1875 - 2014-02-02 00:00:57 UTC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pre-SOE ships, weren't SOE LP's worth something along the lines of 2000:1? I don't find that particularly high. Definitely higher than your vanilla faction, though. But not 'broken' high.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1876 - 2014-02-02 00:07:10 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but pre-SOE ships, weren't SOE LP's worth something along the lines of 2000:1? I don't find that particularly high. Definitely higher than your vanilla faction, though. But not 'broken' high.

ISK per LP store site has it exchanging at 2,301 ISK/1 LP

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1877 - 2014-02-02 00:29:21 UTC
ashley Eoner wrote:

I think these people are using old pre-nerf numbers from tengu blitzing. The HML platform was nerfed and I believe the tengu has been nerfed too. Hell even the missions have been nerfed since then as you can no longer blitz some due to spawn changes, requirements to clear full rooms to unlock gates and such. Tengus also warp much faster then even the marauders. If you're using a regular BS then blitzing becomes even less efficient.

Heh you see now we have these nifty things called Golems, they do WAY more damage then the Tengu...even the pre-nerf Tengu of old....ever thought of and can preform at that level with a minimum of bling so the 2bil isk loot pinata is gone.....oh yeah 100km every 90 seconds means that when needed a marauder has an average speed of 1111m/s with the MJD.

I did notice that they changed Massive Attack (I think it was) so that you can't just warp to the last room and kill the BSs and bone out, but meh. I made 300mil worth of LP over coffee with a ******* cyno alt. I can't complain.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1878 - 2014-02-02 00:29:31 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Can't access it.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1879 - 2014-02-02 00:33:57 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Can't access it.

My apologies. I had not shared it.

Take two.

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1880 - 2014-02-02 00:35:18 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:

The fact is that the prices for the SOE ships will stay relatively high, because if it doesn't everyone just sell virture implants, probes and launchers and whatnot.

....that being said those chips are an interesting wrinkle, but it also requires that you look in nullsec.

Looting in nullsec is brave. I for one would NEVER fly a marauder in null, Domi and Ishtar just took a relatively serious whack with the nerfstick, and I have an NPC pocket with like three alliances that exist primarily to drop all of the things in jump range, which is the entire damn region.

The drones are going to be a warzone for a good long time, PL is out of the south, N3 is on its heals and Solar wants their home back (for some reason) because they look at it as theirs. So those chips in the drones are going to take a GOOD long time to start bending the price curves.