These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1841 - 2014-02-01 19:42:11 UTC  |  Edited by: La Nariz
Mr Epeen wrote:

High sec missions are far more contested than anything in Sov space. Or are you really as bad at EVE as you are painting yourself?

Mr Highsec Pubbie Cool

No they aren't anyone can talk to an agent and get the mission. The moment this changes to only X people can be supported by an agent you have an argument.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Anslo
Scope Works
#1842 - 2014-02-01 19:42:16 UTC
92 pages later and people are still trying to argue with Jenn and Goonies more stubborn than a tea party freshman screaming down an unemployed college student for being a 'leech' because he can't find a job.

Do youself a favor highsec bros; act don't talk. Don't argue with these people. Play your way and ignore them simple as that.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1843 - 2014-02-01 19:43:41 UTC
Anslo wrote:
92 pages later and people are still trying to argue with Jenn and Goonies more stubborn than a tea party freshman screaming down an unemployed college student for being a 'leech' because he can't find a job.

Do youself a favor highsec bros; act don't talk. Don't argue with these people. Play your way and ignore them simple as that.

Or you know you could do as I posted earlier and contribute to the work Kimmi started.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Anslo
Scope Works
#1844 - 2014-02-01 19:45:03 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Or you know you could do as I posted earlier and contribute to the work Kimmi started.

Kimmi is far, far more patient and polite than I am.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1845 - 2014-02-01 19:46:57 UTC
Anslo wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Anslo wrote:

That is because you are a highsec pubbie who refuses to acknowledge facts and data. You choose to scream incoherently about things instead, which worked so well when you were dealing with the NO. didn't it?

E: Projection much in your posts?

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1846 - 2014-02-01 19:52:27 UTC
Anslo wrote:

He is a leech if he can't find a job (meaning, he won't take the work available but wants a job that makes a bunch of money).
Quote:

it's ok if they ignore us, and the truth of the matter. The truth doesn't care if you pay attention to it, it's still the truth.

The truth is that the risk/effort/reward balance of Combat PVE (my part of this discussion) is way off everywhere except wormholes and a side effect of this imblance is null players having high sec (or WH or lately, Faction Warfare) isk alts. This is a not so good situation for the game because prior to incursions if a player wanted a certain lvl of isk they had to accept a certain level of risk, not people can fill their wallets in safety.

CCP needs to take a total "from the bottom up" look at risk/reward and restore a reasonable balance that would put an end to the need for high sec isking alts.
ashley Eoner
#1847 - 2014-02-01 19:59:12 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
baltec1 wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4170495#post4170495

Thank you come again.

EDIT : I'm sure he's in hot water now for letting the truth out. It's quite clear that goons in particular have been on a campaign to nerf highsec. Part of that campaign is the propaganda war which involves understating nullsec income as much as possible while wildly overstating highsec income.

EDIT 2 : In before grr goons pubbie and all the childish trolls your type engages in. I have nothing against the goons as I find their activities fairly hilarious. This charade is old and moldy though.

As has been pointed out hundreds of times now only 100 people can run these at a time per region.
It's also been pointed out hundreds of times that only a select few can pull your mythical +110m isk an hour in level 4s or 180m isk an hour in incursions. It's also yet to be proven anyone even actually hits the 110m isk per hour for level 4s solo. It's doubtful if anyone can even pull off the incursion value consistently. Between contests,the ever killing of MOMs to spite people, island spawns and gankers it's hard to even make isk in incursions at times.

Other then that all I'm getting is "WAH WAH WE"RE ONLY ALLOWED TO USE OPTIMAL INCOME FOR HIGHSECCERS!!!" from you guys.
Anslo
Scope Works
#1848 - 2014-02-01 20:06:47 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Anslo wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Anslo wrote:

That is because you are a highsec pubbie who refuses to acknowledge facts and data. You choose to scream incoherently about things instead, which worked so well when you were dealing with the NO. didn't it?

E: Projection much in your posts?

I stopped screaming and started shooting instead.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1849 - 2014-02-01 20:17:47 UTC
ashley Eoner wrote:
It's also been pointed out hundreds of times that only a select few can pull your mythical +110m isk an hour in level 4s or 180m isk an hour in incursions.

Only they do earn that much, hell, I just posted a fine example showing that level 3 missions will net you more isk than kimmi was earning in their level 4 test.
ashley Eoner
#1850 - 2014-02-01 20:23:16 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
baltec1 wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:
It's also been pointed out hundreds of times that only a select few can pull your mythical +110m isk an hour in level 4s or 180m isk an hour in incursions.

Only they do earn that much, hell, I just posted a fine example showing that level 3 missions will net you more isk than kimmi was earning in their level 4 test.
Exactly just like nullseccers can earn +220m an hour easily.

Your link to the level 3 investigation shows the utilization of an extremely overpowered vessel for that mission range. That vessel has seen a pretty big nerf as a result of the omni nerfs, the stacking rig nerf, and the sentry regen nerfs. Your sentries can't hit as well or as far and they can't tank aggro anywhere near as well as before. The lack of hull based tracking bonus decreases effectiveness quite a lot. Even if he ran all +tracking scripts he'd still be missing out. So that post is almost completely irrelevant right now.

Having said that level 3s have a fraction of the damage required to clear that level 4s have. Lower numbers and less damage required makes it many times easier to clear a level 3 site in short order.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1851 - 2014-02-01 20:30:15 UTC
ashley Eoner wrote:

No we cant, anoms will never earn you anywhere near that much.

ashley Eoner wrote:

Your link to the level 3 investigation shoes the utilization of an extremely overpowered vessel for that mission range. That vessel has seen a pretty massive nerf as a result of the omni nerfs and the sentry regen nerfs. Your sentries can't hit as well or as far and they can't take aggro anywhere near as well as before. The lack of hull based tracking bonus decreases effectiveness quite a lot. Even if he ran all +tracking scripts he'd still be missing out. So that post is almost completely irrelevant right now.

Having said that level 3s have a fraction of the damage required to clear that level 4s have. Lower numbers and less damage required makes it many times easier to clear a level 3 site in short order.

There are plenty of other ships that are just as effective and you are kidding nobody by trying to tell us the level 3s are on par with level 4 missions.
ashley Eoner
#1852 - 2014-02-01 20:37:01 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
baltec1 wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:

No we cant, anoms will never earn you anywhere near that much.

ashley Eoner wrote:

Your link to the level 3 investigation shoes the utilization of an extremely overpowered vessel for that mission range. That vessel has seen a pretty massive nerf as a result of the omni nerfs and the sentry regen nerfs. Your sentries can't hit as well or as far and they can't take aggro anywhere near as well as before. The lack of hull based tracking bonus decreases effectiveness quite a lot. Even if he ran all +tracking scripts he'd still be missing out. So that post is almost completely irrelevant right now.

There are plenty of other ships that are just as effective and you are kidding nobody by trying to tell us the level 3s are on par with level 4 missions.

Your reading comprehension needs work. I said that level 3s are nowhere near the level of dps and numbers as level 4s. So saying "well he made 50m in level 3s and since level 4s pay over 2x as much means you clearly make 90m at least in 4s" is just silly.

The ishtar was extremely overpowered for it's size and for level 3s due to it's drone bay. You're talking +800 dps in a cruiser sized hull with cruiser speed of targeting warping and slow boating. I don't think the other HACs can keep up with that which is why he chose it. Now post nerfs the ishtar certainly is more in line with the other hacs.

Lets be honest the slowest part of level 3s is the actual targeting itself. There's just no equivalent way to run level 4s in such an overpowered manner without involving another client.

When I have to run level 3s on an alt I run maximum dps with no real regard for tank as it's not a problem in 3s.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#1853 - 2014-02-01 20:37:28 UTC
ashley Eoner wrote:

No they can't. It would require logging into the game instead of the forum and no one from null actually logs into the game.

Mr Epeen Cool
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1854 - 2014-02-01 20:39:54 UTC
Azrael Dinn wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
I don't know if anyone has noticed but ccp has not been nerfing high sec with modules like the ESS. Indeed in the ESS thread a ccp dev said that the amount of money generated in null was an inflation driver and that something had to be done about it due to the crazy amount of isk generated in null. Therefore high sec is not the problem, null sec however is.

No, it isn't. That dev was also wrong.

And goons are right like always? Twisted

Considering what CCP SoniClover said was contradicted by CCP's own economist (in the CSM summer summit minutes) I can pretty confidently say he doesn't understand what he's talking about.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1855 - 2014-02-01 20:45:40 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
ashley Eoner wrote:

Your reading comprehension needs work. I said that level 3s are nowhere near the level of dps and numbers as level 4s. So saying "well he made 50m in level 3s and since level 4s pay over 2x as much means you clearly make 90m at least in 4s" is just silly.

So you are saying that level 4 missions do not pay much more than level 3s. Incidently, level 3 LP rewards are around 1.3k LP while level 4s offer 8-9k LP.
ashley Eoner wrote:
The ishtar was extremely overpowered for it's size and for level 3s due to it's drone bay. You're talking +800 dps in a cruiser sized hull with cruiser speed of targeting warping and slow boating. I don't think the other HACs can keep up with that which is why he chose it. Now post nerfs the ishtar certainly is more in line with the other hacs.

Lets be honest the slowest part of level 3s is the actual targeting itself. There's just no equivalent way to run level 4s in such an overpowered manner without involving another client.

No, the slowest part is warping to them. 44% of total time to be exact.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1856 - 2014-02-01 21:19:35 UTC
I did another 4 hour sample. I am compiling the data now.

La Nariz - thank you for your insight on proper testing method. Coming from an experimental science background makes your advice very valuable and I appreciate any further recommendations you may have.

Jenn - Yes I did run a SL. It's a habit and in this last bout I did leave another one to do after my 4 hour session. On the upside, the one I did in the first bout did get my Caldari rep from 6.85 to 7.15. Smile I have to say though that my intent is not to show any bias here. I have tried to be as transparent as I can with my skills, my ship and fitting, and my methods. It is important that any mistakes I make that reduce my efficiency are brought to light so I can avoid them and be more efficient. Understand that there is an assumption or a claim being made by my friends in High Sec - that the levels of income that are being purported from Null Sec residents are inflated and exaggerated. From a standpoint of scientific method, I am trying to prove that assumption or claim wrong. Admittedly, I am having difficulty doing that but it is undoubtedly due to the fact that this is not the normal way that I run missions. I am not accustomed to running missions to maximize ISK/hr. So I am a little out of my comfort zone. If, however, you or for that matter anyone feels that my testing lacks any kind of transparency I would ask kindly that you inform me of that.

To everyone else, seriously - 90+ pages of back and forth is ridiculous. Everyone keeps posting thinking that they are somehow going to convince someone on the other side to "see things their way" just by making snide comments and insulting each other is mildly ********. If you are in High Sec and are able to run L4 missions for SOE please do so for 4 hours or whatever and record your data. I would encourage you to use the information La Nariz posted as a reference.

I will post the new data as soon as I have it all compiled and organized. It will not meet with the recommendations of La Nariz but it is what it is. Going forward I will try to meet those benchmarks.

Thanks! o/

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1857 - 2014-02-01 21:23:52 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I will post the new data as soon as I have it all compiled and organized. It will not meet with the recommendations of La Nariz but it is what it is. Going forward I will try to meet those benchmarks.

Thanks! o/

I have some reading for you
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1858 - 2014-02-01 21:33:12 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Thanks! o/

I'm looking at it now.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1859 - 2014-02-01 21:44:53 UTC
Thanks for sharing that Baltec. As I stated previously I've never been one to maximize ISK/hr so this is uncharted territory for me. I am not completely was to decline and what to accept. As an example, The Anomaly chain is weak in my opinion or maybe it's just that I hate it but I did it anyway. I did decline Dup of Death in this last go because I think it was Tauranon said in an earlier post in this thread to skip that one.

I think it's great that Stoic put together a HAC that breezes through L3s for that kind of ISK/hr. I can fly an Eagle or a Cerberus but not as well as I can fly the Golem so I'll just stick with what I'm good at. Well, at least as good as I can.

I really feel horrible about not being able to hit the numbers that are being asserted here. I keep pushing myself to get this stuff done fast and everything but I keep coming up way short. It wears me out. :(

ashley Eoner
#1860 - 2014-02-01 21:47:35 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:

So you are saying that level 4 missions do not pay much more than level 3s. Incidently, level 3 LP rewards are around 1.3k LP while level 4s offer 8-9k LP.
ashley Eoner wrote:

No, the slowest part is warping to them. 44% of total time to be exact.
You're overstating level 4 mission rewards while understating level 3 rewards. Your own link shows that the average mission is over 1400 Lp for level 3s with some reaching 3000. Meanwhile level 4s run about 5000ish with some missions reaching up to 8500 with security connections IV and in a .5 system. I was getting from 3300 to 8300 lp missions with most between. Of course the 8300 LP missions were not blitzable..

What surprised me in the link is he didn't have to reject whole batches of missions set in lowsec.

baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Thanks! o/

That is outdated information that has little relevance to today.

You can't overpower level 4s like he was overpowering level 3s and you certainly can't do it in a ship that is as fast as a HAC (warp/alignment/movement/etc). As you stated most of the time is wasted in warping and BSes warp slowly.