These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
TharOkha
0asis Group
#161 - 2014-01-10 08:55:15 UTC  |  Edited by: TharOkha
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
TharOkha wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Quote:
Beyond low/null seccers' alts, highsec is not populated excusively with carebears you know, there are other kind of people.

Correct. While highsec may not be exclusively carebears, carebears do almost exclusively live in highsec. Kinda of a square-is-a-rectangle sort of thing.

Yea, because countless threads about AFK cloaking are constantly made exclusively by hisec careberas Big smile

Also i should tell you some funny stories about local emo-rages during our nullsec roams Big smile

Because those are nullbears. They're a sub-species.

The nullbear accepts that he may have to leave highsec, but his Fear levels are if anything even higher than the average carebear.

You can name them anyhow you want. They are still carebears and some of their reactions are even more adorable than from those from hisec. Bear

By the way i don't see any differences between flying an expensive ship in "secure" space full of random gankers and flying the ship in deep empty nullspace. (where jumps per hr < 2)
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#162 - 2014-01-10 14:41:04 UTC
TharOkha wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
TharOkha wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Quote:
Beyond low/null seccers' alts, highsec is not populated excusively with carebears you know, there are other kind of people.

Correct. While highsec may not be exclusively carebears, carebears do almost exclusively live in highsec. Kinda of a square-is-a-rectangle sort of thing.

Yea, because countless threads about AFK cloaking are constantly made exclusively by hisec careberas Big smile

Also i should tell you some funny stories about local emo-rages during our nullsec roams Big smile

Because those are nullbears. They're a sub-species.

The nullbear accepts that he may have to leave highsec, but his Fear levels are if anything even higher than the average carebear.

You can name them anyhow you want. They are still carebears and some of their reactions are even more adorable than from those from hisec. Bear

By the way i don't see any differences between flying an expensive ship in "secure" space full of random gankers and flying the ship in deep empty nullspace. (where jumps per hr < 2)

I will confirm that afk cloaking on renters is hilarious. I used to talk to mine, tell them I thought they had a really nice Oracle, or whatever it was they were using.

I'd also be parked about 100km up from the station, talk to them whenever they docked up and stuff.

Anyway, as to the difference between the kind of ships that carebears fly, and the kind that nullbears fly...

The nullbears tend to not fly bling ships. The falsely perceived safety of highsec makes their particular carebears more daring with bringing out the shinies.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Notorious Fellon
#163 - 2014-01-10 14:59:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Notorious Fellon
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

The nullbears tend to not fly bling ships. The falsely perceived safety of highsec makes their particular carebears more daring with bringing out the shinies.

Where did you get this data from? It smells funny.

I, too can provide some anecdotal "evidence" and bullshit to try and make my point. Here watch:

Are 10/10 plexes run in Sentry Domis or Blinged out Machs and Nightmares?

I know what I see in 10/10 plexes, and it sure isn't T1 BS. But you can bet your Astarte that in every major L4 hisec hub there is standard T2 fit Domis hauling their T1 (and some T2) sentries into missions.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#164 - 2014-01-10 15:14:35 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

I, too can provide some anecdotal "evidence" and bullshit to try and make my point. Here watch:

Are 10/10 plexes run in Sentry Domis or Blinged out Carriers and Nightmares?

I know what I see in 10/10 plexes, and it sure isn't T1 BS. But you can bet your Astarte that in every major L4 hisec hub there is standard T2 fit Domis hauling their T1 (and some T2) sentries into missions.

This demonstrates really really well that you don't know what you're talking about lol.

Show me the DED 10/10 that doesn't have a gate so you can get a carrier into it in the 1st place. And a nightmare....in a complex that shoots a citadel torp at you....lol no thanks. What you WILL see in 10/10s are ishtars, Tengus, remote rep domi teams and the like.

Contrast that with the marauders doing lvl 4 missions, or the pirate BS' doing incursions. The "starter' machariel fit for TVP (The Valhalla Project) cost 1.2 bil. The "Elite' machariel fit for TVP only costs about 5 billion isk , that is if you don't count the recommended implants that will run you another 4 billion isk (including the pashan's) that no one in null would DARE have in their clones because of the risk of being bubbled.

And ISN flies noting BUT shiny, my starter vindicator I flew with ISN costs +5bil.

There is a reason where there are multiple high sec incursion communities and not one low sec standing community at all.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#165 - 2014-01-10 15:37:23 UTC
TVP's start mach fit might be expensive. TVP's starter Maelstrom fit however is not. They start with T1 BS's. So, get facts right on that front.
Dave Stark
#166 - 2014-01-10 15:38:42 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
TVP's start mach fit might be expensive. TVP's starter Maelstrom fit however is not. They start with T1 BS's. So, get facts right on that front.

the mach fit is pretty much t2 last time i looked at the mailing list. the bulk of the 1.2bn isk price tag is the hull, not the modules.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#167 - 2014-01-10 15:41:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Good luck consistantly getting into tvp fleets with that maelstrom, especially with certain FCs who keep tabs on new pilots to make sure they are upgrading.

The TVP fleet i was in (yesterday, doing that incursion on that island, which quite frankly shocked me because most communites won't screw with those) had exactly 2 maelstroms, 1 rokh and one tempest fleet, the rest of us were machs, vindis and logi.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#168 - 2014-01-10 15:43:31 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

the mach fit is pretty much t2 last time i looked at the mailing list. the bulk of the 1.2bn isk price tag is the hull, not the modules.

The TVP starter mach has tech2 rigs now (and 1 t1 ancillary rig). The hull is only like 800 mil now.
Dave Stark
#169 - 2014-01-10 15:49:25 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

The TVP starter mach has tech2 rigs now (and 1 t1 ancillary rig). The hull is only like 800 mil now.

t2 shield rigs are still relatively cheap, at least the last time i purchased them anyway.
Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#170 - 2014-01-10 15:57:52 UTC
Diamond Zerg wrote:
Hello.

My prediction: Suddenly EVE becomes much more fun, and a better game in general.

Bots are no longer worthwhile as they make easy targets for PvPers.
The EVE economy becomes dominated by intelligent humans, not machines or "bot aspirant" grinders.

Due to the rapid deflation of the market, low and nullsec players find it much easier to use ingame methods to make ISK
(as their main competition, the botting/multiboxing afk/semi afk hisec players' advantage has been nullified.)

Solo and small gang pvp can now be found in abundance as there are targets and organisations of varying sizes everywhere.

Politics and the metagame get a lot deeper as even PvE focused gamers would have to consider how other players affect their gameplay.

What are your thoughts on what would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

Edit:

Hold on a minute guys, I'm getting a lot of replies about how the hisec PvE population will quit.

To me, this doesn't make much sense. There are many other games with a much more focused, sophisticated PVE experience.

Why would many PvE gamers play a game that doesn't have much PvE content?

Didn't you get the memo? Hi-sec is hard-mode piracy.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Notorious Fellon
#171 - 2014-01-10 15:58:48 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

This demonstrates really really well that you don't know what you're talking about lol.

Show me the DED 10/10 that doesn't have a gate so you can get a carrier into it in the 1st place. And a nightmare....in a complex that shoots a citadel torp at you....lol no thanks. What you WILL see in 10/10s are ishtars, Tengus, remote rep domi teams and the like.

Contrast that with the marauders doing lvl 4 missions, or the pirate BS' doing incursions. The "starter' machariel fit for TVP (The Valhalla Project) cost 1.2 bil. The "Elite' machariel fit for TVP only costs about 5 billion isk , that is if you don't count the recommended implants that will run you another 4 billion isk (including the pashan's) that no one in null would DARE have in their clones because of the risk of being bubbled.

And ISN flies noting BUT shiny, my starter vindicator I flew with ISN costs +5bil.

There is a reason where there are multiple high sec incursion communities and not one low sec standing community at all.

You caught me mid-edit. Tried to correct it. Just a typo. Don't get too excited just because you think you have someone to bash.

I see Nightmares running anoms/sigs out here all the time. There is a guy who multi-boxes them. This was my point entirely: anecdotal evidence is meaningless when trying to make broad claims; just like you did.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#172 - 2014-01-10 16:10:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Notorious Fellon wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

You caught me mid-edit. Tried to correct it. Just a typo. Don't get too excited just because you think you have someone to bash.

I see Nightmares running anoms/sigs out here all the time. There is a guy who multi-boxes them. This was my point entirely: anecdotal evidence is meaningless when trying to make broad claims; just like you did.

The fact that there are multiple high sec incursion communities (each of which lists multi billion isk fits including starter fits in their MOTDs, mailing lists and web sites) and not a single standing low sec incursion community is not anecdotal evidence. Sure, people use shiny stuff in null sometimes, but it can't compare to high sec.

For example, a 40 ship ISN HQ fleet costs more in terms of isk than a 100 carrier null sec slowcat fleet..
Notorious Fellon
#173 - 2014-01-10 16:24:34 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

The fact that there are multiple high sec incursion communities (each of which lists multi billion isk fits including starter fits in their MOTDs, mailing lists and web sites) and not a single standing low sec incursion community is not anecdotal evidence. Sure, people use shiny stuff in null sometimes, but it can't compare to high sec.

For example, a 40 ship ISN HQ fleet costs more in terms of isk than a 100 carrier null sec slowcat fleet..

Do you know how many players are running hisec incursions? How about how many people are running PVE in nullsec? Wormhole runners? And of them, how many have these "bling fits"? I sure don't know how many of each exist or are in use on a regular basis. And I suspect you don't either. That is my point; you are assuming too much.

I see a lot of bling fit PVE ships in null. And in WH? Nothing compares. I see more bling flying around in WH than anywhere else. But that does not mean there is more "bling fits" in wormholes. It is just what I have seen.

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#174 - 2014-01-10 16:43:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Anomaly One
I think the notion that is high sec (illusion of safety) is CCP fault, this is why you see people whining when they get killed there mostly

I don't want people to get slaughtered, gankers controlling everything, but and you have to admit, in a game like EvE Concord is a pretty **** concept "God-mode blap", pfftt... it's pretty much useless actually since it prohibits gameplay not adds to it (i'm not talking about just ganking here) since if someone really wants you dead you will die, concord is pretty freaking useless.. just an illusion of safety..

But CCP might be going in the right direction in the future for it, we'll see..

Never forget. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8sfaN8zT8E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l_ZjVyRxx4 Trust me, I'm an Anomaly. DUST 514 FOR PC

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#175 - 2014-01-10 16:46:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Apologies for coming late to the thread, but in short CCP have already begun down the road to nerfdom with hisec, as documented in various places from themittani.com to here...

Like the old boiling-frog metaphor, CCP is slowly introducing the nerfs over time, to prevent hisec pirates from 'jumping out of the pot'. But make no mistake, our blood is being boiled.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#176 - 2014-01-10 18:29:32 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Apologies for coming late to the thread, but in short CCP have already begun down the road to nerfdom with hisec, as documented in various places from themittani.com to here...

Like the old boiling-frog metaphor, CCP is slowly introducing the nerfs over time, to prevent hisec pirates from 'jumping out of the pot'. But make no mistake, our blood is being boiled.

I read the article and can see absolutely no trace of any bias whatsoever in the text. The writer should get an award for outstanding journalism.

On the flip side though I have gleaned from the CSM minutes that the themepark is coming to EVE online as apparently 90% of players are not engaged enough to keep CCP Seagul Happy. In other words if you only do one thing. I.e. fleet fights in null, you are not engaged unless of course you do exploration, low sec and wormhole stuff all at the same time.

I personally would like Highsec to be a tougher place to live but not through nerfdom, some things need to be buffed. War dec fees should be lowered (buff) and Concord should only protect people at gates and stations, faction police can protect players at belts as faction police are easily beaten. I would go as far as making a 0.5 system (low sec lite) by extending concord delays considerably in these systems. Too much hand holding is bad for the game. As for high sec income though I would add that this shouldn't be nerfed. It's already difficult for players with limited time to earn enough cash to pay for nice things. The more stuff costs the less likely people are going to want to risk losing it. When I started playing Eve battlecrusiers and cruiser hulls were everywhere in low with frigs and destroyers filling the gaps. Now all I see are cheap, disposable frigs, most of which are built to run, not fight. This is a direct result of price rises.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Blue Binary
Polychoron
#177 - 2014-01-10 20:26:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Blue Binary
Tippia wrote:
Billy Hix wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Billy Hix wrote:
Majority of the players in Eve are in High.

What do you base this claim on?

CCP released stats on it at fanfest a few years ago.

Nope. They've never produced any data on where players are (largely because they don't have any such data themselves).

I think a fairer statement would be that the majority of Eve players occupy Empire space compared to other areas of New Eden.

CCP produced population distribution figures in their Q3 2010 QEN released in April 2011. Based on those figures (QEN Q3 2010 - page 13) Empire was home to 86.5% of the population, followed by Nullsec at 11%, whilst Wormhole dwellers occupied the last 2.5%.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#178 - 2014-01-10 20:27:58 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I really isn't particularly controversial, unless you're a forums alt who stirs up **** without basis for disagreement, that highsec PVE-only players contribute nothing to the game except their continuous injection of ISK into the economy, causing inflation. They don't produce content. They just leach off what the game provides. About the only positive thing that can be said is that they still pay a sub fee (or buy PLEX which is basically the same).

Ganking of loot pinatas, ganking of miners in general, Hulkageddon, Gallente ice interdiction, recently the use of mobile structures to draw drone aggression and create limited engagements, ninja salvaging, ninja looking in bait ships and probably a few things I'm forgetting off the top of my head are all things that are enabled and thrive by the plethora of PvE players in game. Particularly in high sec.

Additionally it appears to have typically been mission hubs around which trade hubs have formed, themselves becoming focal points of content and interaction.

Quite frankly, considering the fact that PvE players have been and still are complaining about undesired interaction, your comment amount to a pile of BS.
Pipa Porto
#179 - 2014-01-10 20:31:41 UTC
Blue Binary wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Nope. They've never produced any data on where players are (largely because they don't have any such data themselves).

I think a fairer statement would be that the majority of Eve players are in Empire space compared to other areas of New Eden.

CCP produced population distribution figures in their Q3 2010 QEN released in April 2011. Based on those figures (QEN Q3 2010 - page 13) Empire was home to 86.5% of the population, followed by Nullsec at 11%, whilst Wormhole dwellers occupied the last 2.5%.

And, again, the problem is that the QEN is not measuring Player population.

It's measuring Character population. Which is a significantly different thing.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#180 - 2014-01-10 20:38:20 UTC
Blue Binary wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Billy Hix wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Billy Hix wrote:
Majority of the players in Eve are in High.

What do you base this claim on?

CCP released stats on it at fanfest a few years ago.

I think a fairer statement would be that the majority of Eve players occupy Empire space compared to other areas of New Eden.

Reading is fundemental lol. As we all ways go over time and time and time again, Tippia is talking about PLAYERS, not CHARACTERS. in the q3 2010 QEN you reference, it says that 11% of CHARACTERS were in null sec.

Each account has 3 character slots. I have 4 accounts, 8 of my characters are right now logged of somewhere in 'empire' low sec or high sec.

CCP has never published any information about where the players are for what length of time on what character, or even asked players how they identify themselves (ie "do you call your self a high sec player" or whatever). What all this means is that the "empire" figure (86.5 percent in high and low sec combined) accounts for somewhere less than 86.5% of "players" because some portion of "null sec players" have 'empire' alts for various functions like isk making, spying, using locator agents, hauling and whatever.

I strongly suspect that the "only plays in high sec" type player is a minority (and a disinterested, disorganized minority at that), as evidenced by high sec inability and sheer unwillingness to group together for anything like fighting goons or electing CSMs. In other words, the mythical high sec majority is just that, a myth.