These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1601 - 2014-01-30 05:10:30 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

So anything my friends do is only an anecdote.... But anything Baltec experiences is automatically the true reality....
Well done making my actual point. You don't have hard statistics, you only have your own personal anecdotes about null income.

Which doesn't match up with the Gross statistics at all. So obviously something very different from what you claim is actually going on.

Yep anything your friends say is an anecdote, the fact that you understand that surprises me considering the highsec posters I usually deal with.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1602 - 2014-01-30 05:11:43 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:

What is missing is you need multiple alts at multiple accounts at multiple mission hubs to game the game for this to happen. you likely need multiple mission ships so cut down on travel. Then there is exaggeraton. In null all you need is one scout if in hostile territory and a sig combat runner. on ot two sigs, roughly one or two hours, easily 500 to 2 billion per day

Again with the ignorance.

One ship. Pick one of the marauders (Paladin in Apanake due to all the Blood/Sansha Missions you get, Golem or Varg in Lanngisi because of Angels etc) or a Mach or Nightmare. Hell you don't even have to go pirate/marauder, CNR and Fleet Phoon are more than capable. Tech1 BSs like the typhoon and raven properly fit is get you close to what the above ships can do

ONE ship (unlike the minimu 2 accounts you need to do what you did in your null guide....). Use http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage if you're not intimately familiar with missions. Blitz for LP (no amount of salvage makes up for losing time).

If in Osmon, just dock up and sell lp items to buy orders since you're in the same region as Jita. In Lanngisi take the time to go the 8 jumps to Rens because you get better prices than the much closer Hek. on and on.

In null sec you are a slave to a random num,ber generator and the activity of others. If you aren't stupid fit in high sec, very few will ever screw with you.

And again, this is with one account (Lanngisi and Apanake are 0.5 systems, missions like Blockade pay almost 10k lp, not that I screw with blockade much as it's a bit long), NO scanning, no random number generator dropping nothing but an OPE on you, protected by CONCORD.

And that's just the Sister's missions, I haven't touched on other corps and some insane LP to isk converstion rates. If you think any of this was new your wrong, it was worse in the past before a few overdue nerfs....

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1603 - 2014-01-30 05:19:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
[
So anything my friends do is only an anecdote.... But anything Baltec experiences is automatically the true reality....

Went ahead and highlighted the ridicules parts lol. Yes something a person tests for themselves is automatically more reliable that some second hand BS from some "friends" lol.

Quote:

Well done making my actual point. You don't have hard statistics, you only have your own personal anecdotes about null income.

Personal experience (in null, and high and low and wormholes) against your experience doing what exactly?

Quote:

Which doesn't match up with the Gross statistics at all. So obviously something very different from what you claim is actually going on.

You mean your "anaylsis" that makes so many assumptions as to be useless?

Why don't you test these things for yourself instead of crapping up a discussion with useless vapor? There is no physical bar to you going to null sec yourself, or running high sec incursions and missions. What you're doing here is so much incredible denial that it makes Fox News look like some dudes who believe in climate change lol.

Test of for yourself, then you'll understand why what you beleive is incorrect. That is if you are honest enough to do so (notice the lengths Infinity Ziona will go to to deny what even you know is true... Thats how you're looking to me right now lol).
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1604 - 2014-01-30 05:19:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
La Nariz wrote:

Yep anything your friends say is an anecdote, the fact that you understand that surprises me considering the highsec posters I usually deal with.

And it's exactly the same with your numbers. The only numbers we have than aren't anecdotes are CCP's gross income figures that you were so fast to dismiss as irrelevant because they don't match your beliefs

As for you Jenn, Not being a Goon/PL/N3 member, I don't have a massive blue area with a huge intel network to actually make full use of the space my alliance/coalition controls, so any tests I do in Null are naturally going to have worse results than the actual owners in Null, it's called a blatant experimental bias. And even if I did test it, unless the tests matched up with your claims you would simply dismiss them as abnormal, exceptionally lucky, unsustainable, just like you all have over the years every time this discussion comes up and anyone says anything about null having enough income.

The Gross figures come direct from CCP, and tell a different story to the sob story about Null you are trying to push.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1605 - 2014-01-30 05:21:01 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

And it's exactly the same with your numbers. The only numbers we have than aren't anecdotes are CCP's gross income figures that you were so fast to dismiss as irrelevant because they don't match your beliefs

Incomplete numbers you are misunderstanding. Test it for yourself.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#1606 - 2014-01-30 05:25:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Batelle
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Despite the fact that SOE has become THE most popular agents for mission runners now, the prices of virtue implants, probes and probe launchers have RISEN. Look at the stuff in the Trust Partner LP store too.

That's what is so frustrating about these 'discussions". I'm not working fracking magic here, I'm playing a video game and everything I do is repeatable by you people with little effort.

What is missing is you need multiple alts at multiple accounts at multiple mission hubs to game the game for this to happen. you likely need multiple mission ships so cut down on travel. Then there is exaggeraton. In null all you need is one scout if in hostile territory and a sig combat runner. on ot two sigs, roughly one or two hours, easily 500 to 2 billion per day

Oh come on IZ. You yourself said you run lots of accounts. 500m-2bn is either a long play session, or a crapton of luck with both sigs and drops. The only other person I've ever heard claim this kind of income was running dual sins, and even he only claimed 200-400m per hour. You really do not need multiple accounts to blitz missions. At most you need a second alt to pull more missions, which requires a handful of sp in social skills and at most maybe 10-15 missions with shared standings to achieve. And of course, you can run vanguards and make that much in 4 hours on a single account (the 366m per day number), completely repeatable ad nauseum.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

ashley Eoner
#1607 - 2014-01-30 05:32:11 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
The poster said he made 22 bil in null sec in 2 months. That's great. You know where else you can make 22 bil in 2 months?

High Sec. Without having to watch local. Protected by CONCORD. 22 bil in 2 months in 366 mil a day, thats nothing in incursions, sisters mission, thukker missions , cosmos farming, and smart blitzing.

One account? Seriously, where are you pulling these numbers out of? I'm sorry, but this is a blatant exaggeration, if not an outright lie.

Can anyone (besides Team Jenn) confirm that this figure is even possible running PVE content in hi sec with just one account?
You can do it if you have one character that is very well skilled and well funded at the start. You could even do that just playing the market if you start off with enough funds.

Incursions are hit and miss. Yesterday few incursion groups were running and currently even fewer are running due to only an island. If incursions aren't being stupid you can do quite well with just a logi pilot setup. Require at least 4 hours of active running with probably an hour or so of waiting and wasted moments. During peak you wait and during non peak you wait just for different reasons.

If you can permanently pull optimal situations (specific missions and excellent LP conversion) in level 4s you can make a good amount an hour. Under such circumstances probably roll 4 hours a day for that plus LP conversion time. Converting LP to isk takes time too so that of course factors in.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1608 - 2014-01-30 06:11:44 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Despite the fact that SOE has become THE most popular agents for mission runners now, the prices of virtue implants, probes and probe launchers have RISEN. Look at the stuff in the Trust Partner LP store too.

That's what is so frustrating about these 'discussions". I'm not working fracking magic here, I'm playing a video game and everything I do is repeatable by you people with little effort.

Oh come on IZ. You yourself said you run lots of accounts. 500m-2bn is either a long play session, or a crapton of luck with both sigs and drops. The only other person I've ever heard claim this kind of income was running dual sins, and even he only claimed 200-400m per hour. You really do not need multiple accounts to blitz missions. At most you need a second alt to pull more missions, which requires a handful of sp in social skills and at most maybe 10-15 missions with shared standings to achieve. And of course, you can run vanguards and make that much in 4 hours on a single account (the 366m per day number), completely repeatable ad nauseum.

I run a Ishtar (infinity), a cheetah for scouting / probing and a have an alt in a Rohk for smartbombing xplorers in relic sites. I do run stealth bombers isboxed but they're not for exploration, mostly will have them sitting at a perch or 30km from a gate and launch bombs hoping someones stupid and decloaked before realising the bombs on on the way.

sometimes I'll sit them in a separate system to scout sigs but its not really necessary to do that since my cheetah can scan an entire constellation fairly quickly.

Remember the only reason I have those stealth bomber alts is because I plexed them with the isk I made running sigs with infinity alone.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#1609 - 2014-01-30 06:30:26 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Batelle wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

I run a Ishtar (infinity), a cheetah for scouting / probing and a have an alt in a Rohk for smartbombing xplorers in relic sites. I do run stealth bombers isboxed but they're not for exploration, mostly will have them sitting at a perch or 30km from a gate and launch bombs hoping someones stupid and decloaked before realising the bombs on on the way.

sometimes I'll sit them in a separate system to scout sigs but its not really necessary to do that since my cheetah can scan an entire constellation fairly quickly.

Remember the only reason I have those stealth bomber alts is because I plexed them with the isk I made running sigs with infinity alone.

I don't actually have a response to whatever it was I just quoted that I didn't even bother to read.

I just wanted to say that I totally dig your new look.

Mr Epeen Cool
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1610 - 2014-01-30 07:23:39 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

As for you Jenn, Not being a Goon/PL/N3 member, I don't have a massive blue area with a huge intel network to actually make full use of the space my alliance/coalition controls, so any tests I do in Null are naturally going to have worse results than the actual owners in Null, it's called a blatant experimental bias. And even if I did test it, unless the tests matched up with your claims you would simply dismiss them as abnormal, exceptionally lucky, unsustainable, just like you all have over the years every time this discussion comes up and anyone says anything about null having enough income.

The Gross figures come direct from CCP, and tell a different story to the sob story about Null you are trying to push.

You keep mentioning these things CCP has published that support you but, you don't justify any interpretation of it you plop down a figure and say "lol I'm right!" You reference something without linking it and assert it proves your point or deliberately interpret something as something it is not.

All you need is raw data and sound methods to convince us what you say is true. Its not that hard to do either, I know I've told Infinity Ziona how to do it before yet she continues to peddle crap. Are you going to be the one highsec pubbie that chooses not to peddle crap and actually gathers some data?

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1611 - 2014-01-30 08:51:28 UTC
I did that 30 pages ago La Nariz. I posted data sources, maths breakdowns and end results.

Given lack of CCP data releases I did make some assumptions but I typically took the high side of High Sec income and the low side of Null Sec income in those assumptions and we still came out with Null Sec having earned more raw isk than high sec earned in both isk & LP, despite maybe 1/5th the people (again high balling in Nulls favour.)

And this didn't even touch on Loot, PI, Moon Goo & High End Minerals. Which obviously Null wins. Because those are area's everyone knows Null is Superior in. Only way to get officer drops in high is to gank over blinged mission & incursion ships. It was just looking at raw isk income then calculating LP income beside that using average LP value.

If you use current SOE LP value then high sec just beats Null Sec on total gross income. But when you consider the population difference, that still means that Null Sec earns more per capita.

So obviously something is going on income wise that doesn't match up with all the isk/hr figures & null sec woes people are claiming. Exactly what that is, insufficient data set to work out.

As for things like number of people a Null Sec system can support at once, you have my support on those issues. I'd love to see a single Null Sec system able to support 20/30/40 different people all at once. That makes it a lot more attractive for them to do it all in PvP ships even with slightly lower income, because it means when that roaming gang comes through, instead of docking up they can all warp together and have a good brawl, because there are enough people in the same spot to actually defend.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1612 - 2014-01-30 09:48:15 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

If officer items drop all the time then why are there so few?

For example, there are only 4 Ahremen's Modified Cap Rechargers up for sale, 8 Kaikka's Modified Cloaking Devices, 7 Tuvan's Modified Sensor Boosters.

So yea, your friends are telling you lies, officer spawns are very very rare and it is impossible to use them as a source of isk.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1613 - 2014-01-30 09:51:47 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
I did that 30 pages ago La Nariz. I posted data sources, maths breakdowns and end results.

And as we have pointed out hundreds of times that data is useless. It does not show how much isk players can earn in each area of space. It does not take into account other forms of income like LP.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1614 - 2014-01-30 10:08:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
Except it's not useless, because tied together with the other information from CCP which I linked in that thread, we can do a breakdown by area on the largest faucet of bounties, and if we use your translation of 'ships' that actually means Null earns even more isk than I calculated since Null rats are worth MORE than high sec Rats. So 72% of all bounties in Null is the Low Ball figure.
And LP can be calculated using derived figures, which I did also.

All perfectly good maths, though I can understand if it is over some peoples heads as it's University level concepts of accurate assumptions and derived formula's, though the maths itself isn't that complex.

Just because it doesn't match your view of the world doesn't make it useless, much as you love to dismiss anything that doesn't side with you.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1615 - 2014-01-30 10:22:56 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Except it's not useless, because tied together with the other information from CCP which I linked in that thread, we can do a breakdown by area on the largest faucet of bounties, and if we use your translation of 'ships' that actually means Null earns even more isk than I calculated since Null rats are worth MORE than high sec Rats. So 72% of all bounties in Null is the Low Ball figure.
And LP can be calculated using derived figures, which I did also.

All perfectly good maths, though I can understand if it is over some peoples heads as it's University level concepts okf accurate assumptions and derived formula's, though the maths itself isn't that complex.

Wrong.

Nulls primary reward is in isk while high secs primary reward is in LP. Of course null sec will show up as being a bigger injector of isk, this does not however mean that null sec is the best place for a pilot to earn isk.

For example the primary form of income in null are anoms, they will on average net you around 90 mil/hr in raw isk, less in poor trusec systems which make up the bulk of null.

High sec level 4 missions however will net you from 90 to 180 mil/hr with the bulk of it in LP.

Incursions will net you 150+ rather easily.

Your numbers do not show anything other than how much isk is being injected into EVE which is only useful for working out if there is too much isk being injected. It is useless for working out the income levels of pilots. To work this out all you need to do to work out what the real income are is to look at the much more accurate info that the game provides us.

We know exactly how much isk every mission will earn you and how long it will take. We know exactly how much isk each incursion site will make you and how long it will take and we know exactly how much each anom will earn youand how long it will take. Unlike your data, ours is accurate, up to date and easily testable
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1616 - 2014-01-30 10:32:38 UTC
Other than the fact that your data set is anecdotal, based on best case scenario's in high, ignores or devalues loot in Null, builds in interruptions by reds in null to your base data, and that LP can & was calculated and still didn't match Null pure Isk income on average values of LP.

If you assume that all LP that was earned on missions was worth SOE levels then High has a slightly higher gross income than Null.

Of course, since there is about a 4 to 1 pop ratio, I can't find the figures atm, but no-one has seemed to argue that something like 80% of people live in high, if the average player income was the same in both Null & High, then High's gross income would be four times higher. When a matching Gross actually means the average monthly income of a Null player (Who earns his money through pure ratting or anoms, and we are ignoring all loot including all that faction loot like Pith A etc) is four times the average monthly income of a High Sec Mission Runner/Incursion Runner/Sig hunter. (Again ignoring loot which we all know is fairly insignificant in high compared to Null).

So yea... other than that 'small' flaw in your data Baltec, that totally destroys your entire argument.

I didn't do my maths deliberately trying to show high sec earned less, I did it to see how it came out. If it came out that High Sec was earning vast amounts more, I'd have said so, with the maths, and would be siding with you on the average income topic. And you would be praising my name and citing my maths to anyone who argued as a perfect example of proof. Because you just want people to agree with you. It's sad, really is sad that you are that desperate that anything that disagrees gets rubbished on. Some of the others at least look at the arguments and consider their aspects.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1617 - 2014-01-30 10:40:32 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Other than the fact that your data set is anecdotal, based on best case scenario's in high, ignores or devalues loot in Null, builds in interruptions by reds in null to your base data, and that LP can & was calculated and still didn't match Null pure Isk income on average values of LP.

If you assume that all LP that was earned on missions was worth SOE levels then High has a slightly higher gross income than Null.

Of course, since there is about a 4 to 1 pop ratio, I can't find the figures atm, but no-one has seemed to argue that something like 80% of people live in high, if the average player income was the same in both Null & High, then High's gross income would be four times higher. When a matching Gross actually means the average monthly income of a Null player (Who earns his money through pure ratting or anoms, and we are ignoring all loot including all that faction loot like Pith A etc) is four times the average monthly income of a High Sec Mission Runner/Incursion Runner/Sig hunter. (Again ignoring loot which we all know is fairly insignificant in high compared to Null).

So yea... other than that 'small' flaw in your data Baltec, that totally destroys your entire argument.

I didn't do my maths deliberately trying to show high sec earned less, I did it to see how it came out. If it came out that High Sec was earning vast amounts more, I'd have said so, with the maths, and would be siding with you on the average income topic. And you would be praising my name and citing my maths to anyone who argued as a perfect example of proof. Because you just want people to agree with you. It's sad, really is sad that you are that desperate that anything that disagrees gets rubbished on. Some of the others at least look at the arguments and consider their aspects.

I did not include downtime due to reds in null. My data is also not a best case scenario for high sec, I use the income as stated from missions guides and include travelling time between missions. These numbers are exactly what you get when you run these things.

You are continuing to use a data set that has nothing to do with individual income while ignoring relevant data such as exact mission/incursion/anom income levels and times.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1618 - 2014-01-30 10:46:56 UTC
Those mission guides are based on perfect best case scenario's as well as perfect mission chaining of ideal missions. And not having to travel several jumps for the mission either. The incursions are again based on ideal cases.

There isn't enough isk earned in ALL OF EVE for your claimed sustainable incursion income even if just a single HQ fleet was the only one running. Let alone the five HQ communities I am aware of that all compete. Plus all the VG communities.

Individual income is only relevant in how it ties into the gross income. If the average null character is earning four times as much as the average high sec character, this says despite your claimed figures, EVE does not work the way you think. And that is what the Gross income figures say.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1619 - 2014-01-30 10:56:00 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Those mission guides are based on perfect best case scenario's as well as perfect mission chaining of ideal missions. And not having to travel several jumps for the mission either. The incursions are again based on ideal cases.

There isn't enough isk earned in ALL OF EVE for your claimed sustainable incursion income even if just a single HQ fleet was the only one running. Let alone the five HQ communities I am aware of that all compete. Plus all the VG communities.

Individual income is only relevant in how it ties into the gross income. If the average null character is earning four times as much as the average high sec character, this says despite your claimed figures, EVE does not work the way you think. And that is what the Gross income figures say.

No, those mission guides tell you exactly what is going to spawn, in what order, how to best kill them, how to blitz the site and how much you will earn and how fast you will do it in the ships it recommends. They even tell you what loot each structure will drop and how many minerals you can mine if there are asteroids. You don't get any more accurate than the mission guides.

For incursions, just 4 HQ sites will net you 150 mil/hr, vanguards will also net you that isk easily. Again, the guides tell you everything about each site.

Individual income is not tied to total isk injected in any way as we can clearly see when we look at the 100% accurate mission guides. You are using bad maths to try and prove a point that just doesn't hold water.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1620 - 2014-01-30 11:02:13 UTC
Yet if the maths agreed with you, it would be praised as a perfect example & proof baltec. Go peddle your rubbish somewhere else and let the goons who actually accept logic take part.