These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
ZynnLee Akkori
Perkone
Caldari State
#1521 - 2014-01-28 03:32:48 UTC
Troy Wexler wrote:
"So to answer the Blog Banter question, "What's on the other side of that plateau?", this is it. [Gankers/Pirates] are on the other side of the plateau. We as a playerbase have chased off any decent human being that wants to play. We have distilled ourselves down into everything that is wrong with humanity and convinced ourselves that it is all some kind of elaborate inside joke [HTFU!!]. We are what is wrong with the game, and the worst part of it is that we hold CCP hostage. Every time they try to expand the game or draw in new [carebear] players, we create a scandal to sabotage their efforts. I hope CCP can find a way to get away from depending on EVE as their main source of revenue, because that's the only way EVE will ever get better and grow."

http://highseccarebear.blogspot.ca/2014/01/blog-banter-52-other-side.html
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1522 - 2014-01-28 03:54:21 UTC
Still trying to peddle the false wares I see La Nariz. High Sec does not earn more income than Null. I solidly debunked that. Regardless of the isk/hr you try to pretend exists in High Sec (Which doesn't exist sustainably), regardless of the fewer people in Null, Null earns more isk even when we ignore all the moon goo, high end minerals & deadspace & officer loot.
Meaning per character, Null is earning magnitudes more than high sec. It's that simple.

The imbalance only exists in your head.
And your 'suggestions' are all ways for the Goons to end up utterly controlling everything in high sec also. Not to breed more content.
Dedee Rediculous
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1523 - 2014-01-28 04:01:59 UTC
ZynnLee Akkori wrote:
Troy Wexler wrote:
"So to answer the Blog Banter question, "What's on the other side of that plateau?", this is it. [Gankers/Pirates] are on the other side of the plateau. We as a playerbase have chased off any decent human being that wants to play. We have distilled ourselves down into everything that is wrong with humanity and convinced ourselves that it is all some kind of elaborate inside joke [HTFU!!]. We are what is wrong with the game, and the worst part of it is that we hold CCP hostage. Every time they try to expand the game or draw in new [carebear] players, we create a scandal to sabotage their efforts. I hope CCP can find a way to get away from depending on EVE as their main source of revenue, because that's the only way EVE will ever get better and grow."

http://highseccarebear.blogspot.ca/2014/01/blog-banter-52-other-side.html

For real HTFU.
Dedee Rediculous
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1524 - 2014-01-28 04:04:29 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Still trying to peddle the false wares I see La Nariz. High Sec does not earn more income than Null. I solidly debunked that. Regardless of the isk/hr you try to pretend exists in High Sec (Which doesn't exist sustainably), regardless of the fewer people in Null, Null earns more isk even when we ignore all the moon goo, high end minerals & deadspace & officer loot.
Meaning per character, Null is earning magnitudes more than high sec. It's that simple.

And your 'suggestions' are all ways for the Goons to end up utterly controlling everything in high sec also. Not to breed more content.

Yeah, bullshit, but.whatever makes you.feel better
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1525 - 2014-01-28 04:07:53 UTC
The figures don't lie and CCP has access to them, hence why the isk faucet nerf was null based, and why they aren't really hitting high sec income.
They actually see beyond your carefully cherry picked data to the true story, as can anyone who can be bothered doing their own maths.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#1526 - 2014-01-28 04:11:25 UTC
... somebody pass the pancake syrup, please...

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Dedee Rediculous
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1527 - 2014-01-28 04:17:32 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
The figures don't lie and CCP has access to them, hence why the isk faucet nerf was null based, and why they aren't really hitting high sec income.
They actually see beyond your carefully cherry picked data to the true story, as can anyone who can be bothered doing their own maths.

Where did I cherry pick?

I make more in high, thus I have a pair of toons there and another pair in null. Making isk in null is playing the lotto on a lot of factors, making ish in high is a simple function of time.

YOU, can blerf about absolute values all you want, there are no systems in my region outside of jump range from npc or low sec.

Tell me more, please
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#1528 - 2014-01-28 05:26:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Cipher Jones
Rekkr Nordgard wrote:
Instead of buffing lowsec/nullsec to make people want to leave highsec, let's just nerf highsec. The stick and never the carrot; that's just good game design and the way to keep your customer base happy.

Exactly. Look at all the successful games that followed that model.

Oh wait... there aren't any.

Quote:

What CCP needs to do is ignore the forums and the haters and develope the game in its own best interest, not what you think it should be or what you think is best for your wallet. Thats what CCP gets paid for not you or I.

The change is coming.....you dont have to like it but you do have to accept it.

Adapt or unsub.

If I could know what was in a games best interest beforehand every time I would literally be a ******* billionaire. And you don't know what CCP is going to do beyond what they tell you for the record, and even that isn't highly accurate traditionally .

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1529 - 2014-01-28 06:05:40 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Okay explain your argument to us in complete sentences with sources/data backing up your claim and conclusion. Myself and others have already shown that this is not the case and I'm going to lump you in with "angry highsec pubbies that make stupid claims and never back them up," unless you can prove otherwise.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Sarcasim
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#1530 - 2014-01-28 06:32:12 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Okay explain your argument to us in complete sentences with sources/data backing up your claim and conclusion. Myself and others have already shown that this is not the case and I'm going to lump you in with "angry highsec pubbies that make stupid claims and never back them up," unless you can prove otherwise.

Which space is getting income nerfed? Right ...so the company with access to the numbers and the data and the foresight has determined null sec is in need of a income adjustment.

Seems to me you have your answer. The information and comparison you and others hi-sec haters provide does not seem to mesh with what CCP seems to have.

I will always take data and info from CCP with much greater merit than anything you will pull out of your anal orifice.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1531 - 2014-01-28 06:39:55 UTC  |  Edited by: La Nariz
Sarcasim wrote:

Which space is getting income nerfed? Right ...so the company with access to the numbers and the data and the foresight has determined null sec is in need of a income adjustment.

Seems to me you have your answer. The information and comparison you and others hi-sec haters provide does not seem to mesh with what CCP seems to have.

I will always take data and info from CCP with much greater merit than anything you will pull out of your anal orifice.

You are a highsec pubbie that is desperate to keep their goldmine and I have already addressed this several times before hand you can search my posts for the rebuttal to this. I am not going to waste the effort on someone like yourself that cannot string a coherent thought together.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

My Little Pyongyang
Doomheim
#1532 - 2014-01-28 06:43:07 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:
Try to see Eve Online as a game and not a version of real life and you will be so much less bitter about how other folk play a computer game.

I would argue that the people who explode over the loss of pixels, and attempt to petition the company to prevent them from losing pixels again, would be the ones to describe as bitter about how others play a computer game.

I merely enjoy farming them for the lulz, so to speak.

I've also never heard a ganker flip out and call anyone a, and I quote: "C**k welding F****t wifebeater". Whereas I have entire pages of this from my various victims.

Heck, even while on vacation this last 3 weeks + I got some hatemail from someone I scammed out of a Rupture blueprint early in December, and I hadn't even logged in since. Bitter? Not I, sir.

Don't know where you guys find these ragers. I don't think anyone I've ever suicided or killed has raged, they either say nothing or "gf" in local. I like to think that the quiet ones are actually angry but I'm not mad when I lose my ships so I should assume they aren't either.

WTB tears.
Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#1533 - 2014-01-28 10:21:44 UTC
This is the classic argument between those that enjoy PvP and live outside highsec, and those that hate everything to do with PvP, and love the game for all its other aspects. Those outside "say" that they want people to migrate from highsec to other areas, as it should be. But really what they are saying is they want a constant supply of people to explode.

The great thing about EvE is that it caters to both sides, regardless of how much the highsec hating crowd like to whine on about it becoming kitty online, etc. The removal of highsec would, not only destroy the heart of New Edens economy, but also completely remove many of the aspects of the game that many love and enjoy. Forcing your playstyle onto those that aren't interested will just make them quit, and would ultimately harm EvE.

Personally, I think EvE works perfectly well as it is. Highsec is an important area that allows new players to learn EvE's massive learning curve before potentially taking the step elsewhere. However, if they really enjoy all the (boring) things that highsec provides, then i see no issue with them staying there. They can do all the things the highsec haters label as boring, industry, PI, research, trading, hauling, missions and incursions. Why do you guys care so much that they aren't interested in PvP? Why does it matter, to you, that they choose to stay in those areas?

The most amusing thing for me about highsec haters is that many of them are gank-bears. They play in highsec just as much as the most hardened carebear, and profit directly from their risk-free ganks. They wouldn't know real PvP if it came up and punched them in the face.

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1534 - 2014-01-28 10:37:21 UTC
To restate.

We have the breakdown of isk faucets from CCP. They released this data at Fanfest. As far as I am aware we haven't received any new release of this data so till next fanfest we won't get updated figures.
This data can be averaged across all 12 months released, though it is actually pretty steady for the most part, but there are a couple of potential trends that another 12 months would make clearer.
We also know from CCP's discussion of the ESS in the German forums that Null Sec accounts for 72% of the bounties/NPC kills in all of EVE. There is dispute over the translation from the people that have translated it, but if it is ship kills since Null Rats on average are more valuable than High Sec Rats then it would be more than 72% of the bounties. Especially if NPC kills also included WH rats & Incursion kills which drop no actual bounty. So we can safely use the 72% of all bounties as a lowest possible figure for Null Sec isk.

So, we can then look at the 72% of bounties and see that it accounts for 42% of the total isk faucets in all of EVE. Insurance, and a few other factors will also add slightly to this. So once these factors are taken into account we can see that Null accounts for somewhere between 42% & approx 50% of all isk faucets in EVE.
WH space accounts for a very clear 20% extra from NPC buy orders.
Leaving High & Low sec Combined somewhere between 30-35%, depending exactly on what percentage of insurance is earned in Null.

So, we have a clear indication that more raw isk is earned in null.

We can then also calculate approximate LP values for High Sec missions & for all incursions.
Incursions are easy to do, and it works out that LP for incursions adds about 25% extra value.
It also works out that if we assume all Incursion sites are HQ sites (Most valuable), that there are 4 HQ sites done per hour on average. This is across every single incursion community. Which clearly shows that the isk/hr people are claiming is sustainable for incursions isn't. Since even if a single fleet of 40 was the only fleet running incursions anywhere in EVE, they still wouldn't make 200 mil/hr. When there are multiple fleets that run incursions, I know of five different HQ communities off the top of my head, and a number more VG communities. Meaning that income is getting split between all of them.

Missions are a bit trickier, but the maths on them can also be done using typical mission rewards and assuming a set percentage of the combined reward/insurance/other category belongs to missions. Refer earlier in the thread for all the maths.

So, taking the above three factors you can then do a comparative check, and while I did make assumptions in the maths because CCP didn't release the full break down, these assumptions were controllable, and I attempted to take the sensible high end of High Sec income (Such as all incursions were high sec, ignoring the odd low/null ones that do get done) while leaning towards the lower assumption of only 72% of bounties, rather than ship kills for Null.

And this came out with Null Sec earning more in pure isk than High sec was earning in both isk & LP combined.
Given High Sec has a much larger population, this obviously means that per capita, null is vastly ahead in earnings, since if per capita you earned the same, High Sec would have a much larger gross figure.

Obviously I didn't get into the industrial side, which even I'm suggesting Null should get certain limited buffs on such as better refining without needing to blow advanced upgrades on it, but I also didn't get into the moon goo/PI/loot/high end ores. Which Null obviously wins in hands down compared to High.
So, it's probably not a 100% perfect analysis, but it certainly is good enough to say that Null vs High income is not in the state some people are claiming.

Additionally Null has just received a change to their income, that potentially could increase peoples earnings by up to 25%, and at most is a 5% drop from current. So until we see how that plays out in the actual Meta game, we won't know how much Null Income is really buffed by. My bet is overall somewhere between 10-15% actual increase, since any isk stolen is also likely to be income for someone in null, just income while doing PvP rather than PvE.

So, no data suggests a needed nerf to high sec PvE at present, and no data suggests high sec industry needs a direct nerf, just that Null needs some buffs, and that there is an issue between POS manufacturing in any sec space & Outpost/Station manufacturing costs (in any space)
Josef Djugashvilis
#1535 - 2014-01-28 11:10:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Josef Djugashvilis
Dear Nevyn, Jenn aWhine and Baltec 1 are going to love you for your post.

My argument is that CCP have all the data they need to make sensible decisions for the future of the game.

I do not care where anyone plays or their play-style, we all play the one game.

No matter what your play-style, there should not be any special snowflakes, either as an individual, or as some sort of special snowflake group of players.

This is not a signature.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1536 - 2014-01-28 11:23:56 UTC
If by love you mean hate, pick on the smallest possible part and argue over it trying to bury the sensible analysis in pages of drivel, probably right.

CCP do have all the figures also I agree, but sometimes players need to see the figures themselves to understand things.
Josef Djugashvilis
#1537 - 2014-01-28 11:28:42 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
If by love you mean hate, pick on the smallest possible part and argue over it trying to bury the sensible analysis in pages of drivel, probably right.

CCP do have all the figures also I agree, but sometimes players need to see the figures themselves to understand things.

Oh, the hate will strong in this one :)

This is not a signature.

ZynnLee Akkori
Perkone
Caldari State
#1538 - 2014-01-28 13:54:52 UTC
Considering CCP has better data than we do, what do those complaining about this think was CCP's goal? To make null poorer? To 'force' null players to move at least part time into highsec?

What if CCP's goal was to introduce a mechanic to encourage small gang warfare in null? What if CCP's goal was to encourage Corps and Alliances to work together more effectively to fly safe?

Why do null players seem to completely ignore all the other powerful forms of income in Null other than missions/anoms? Is it because the Alliance leaderships controls and keeps most of that for themselves?

Personally, I am going with the "trying to encourage players to work together more closely" approach. That doesn't mean there aren't area's CCP should address in Null asap. The refining issue, spreading out deadspaces/complexes and their value/frequency, region connectors, logging out in a system, etc.

Assuming CCP is simply punishing null players with an income nerf, period, seems a little silly.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1539 - 2014-01-28 14:07:34 UTC
ZynnLee Akkori wrote:
Considering CCP has better data than we do, what do those complaining about this think was CCP's goal? To make null poorer? To 'force' null players to move at least part time into highsec?

You are supposing that CCP has a goal. In the past CCP has allowed imbalances they knew about to fester

What if CCP's goal was to introduce a mechanic to encourage small gang warfare in null? What if CCP's goal was to encourage Corps and Alliances to work together more effectively to fly safe? [/quote]

Then CCP is again "developing in a vacuum". After Dominion, CCP nerfed systems upgrades in order to "create conflict". what they create was an exodus to high sec incursions and FW farming. If there was NOTHING but null sec anoms that might have worked, but when players have alternatives that end up being less of a hassle, that's what happens.

Really, almost all pve related development in the past few years has seemed to be this way, ie they put something in without regard for the fact that players have other options.

Quote:

Why do null players seem to completely ignore all the other powerful forms of income in Null other than missions/anoms? Is it because the Alliance leaderships controls and keeps most of that for themselves?

Time. Random number generators. Hostiles.

Btw, saying "you can go do something other than anoms" is no excuse for the imbalance.

Quote:

Personally, I am going with the "trying to encourage players to work together more closely" approach. That doesn't mean there aren't area's CCP should address in Null asap. The refining issue, spreading out deadspaces/complexes and their value/frequency, region connectors, logging out in a system, etc.

Assuming CCP is simply punishing null players with an income nerf, period, seems a little silly.

At this point CCP doesn't seem to know what they are trying to do. If they did the ESS probably wouldn't be a thing. doesn't really matter, the weather is nice in Lanngisi this time of year.
Dedee Rediculous
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1540 - 2014-01-28 14:20:53 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
To restate.

We have the breakdown of isk faucets from CCP. They released this data at Fanfest. As far as I am aware we haven't received any new release of this data so till next fanfest we won't get updated figures.
This data can be averaged across all 12 months released, though it is actually pretty steady for the most part, but there are a couple of potential trends that another 12 months would make clearer.
We also know from CCP's discussion of the ESS in the German forums that Null Sec accounts for 72% of the bounties/NPC kills in all of EVE. There is dispute over the translation from the people that have translated it, but if it is ship kills since Null Rats on average are more valuable than High Sec Rats then it would be more than 72% of the bounties. Especially if NPC kills also included WH rats & Incursion kills which drop no actual bounty. So we can safely use the 72% of all bounties as a lowest possible figure for Null Sec isk.

So, we can then look at the 72% of bounties and see that it accounts for 42% of the total isk faucets in all of EVE. Insurance, and a few other factors will also add slightly to this. So once these factors are taken into account we can see that Null accounts for somewhere between 42% & approx 50% of all isk faucets in EVE.
WH space accounts for a very clear 20% extra from NPC buy orders.
Leaving High & Low sec Combined somewhere between 30-35%, depending exactly on what percentage of insurance is earned in Null.

So, we have a clear indication that more raw isk is earned in null.

We can then also calculate approximate LP values for High Sec missions & for all incursions.
Incursions are easy to do, and it works out that LP for incursions adds about 25% extra value.
It also works out that if we assume all Incursion sites are HQ sites (Most valuable), that there are 4 HQ sites done per hour on average. This is across every single incursion community. Which clearly shows that the isk/hr people are claiming is sustainable for incursions isn't. Since even if a single fleet of 40 was the only fleet running incursions anywhere in EVE, they still wouldn't make 200 mil/hr. When there are multiple fleets that run incursions, I know of five different HQ communities off the top of my head, and a number more VG communities. Meaning that income is getting split between all of them.

Missions are a bit trickier, but the maths on them can also be done using typical mission rewards and assuming a set percentage of the combined reward/insurance/other category belongs to missions. Refer earlier in the thread for all the maths.

So, taking the above three factors you can then do a comparative check, and while I did make assumptions in the maths because CCP didn't release the full break down, these assumptions were controllable, and I attempted to take the sensible high end of High Sec income (Such as all incursions were high sec, ignoring the odd low/null ones that do get done) while leaning towards the lower assumption of only 72% of bounties, rather than ship kills for Null.

And this came out with Null Sec earning more in pure isk than High sec was earning in both isk & LP combined.
Given High Sec has a much larger population, this obviously means that per capita, null is vastly ahead in earnings, since if per capita you earned the same, High Sec would have a much larger gross figure.

Obviously I didn't get into the industrial side, which even I'm suggesting Null should get certain limited buffs on such as better refining without needing to blow advanced upgrades on it, but I also didn't get into the moon goo/PI/loot/high end ores. Which Null obviously wins in hands down compared to High.
So, it's probably not a 100% perfect analysis, but it certainly is good enough to say that Null vs High income is not in the state some people are claiming.

Additionally Null has just received a change to their income, that potentially could increase peoples earnings by up to 25%, and at most is a 5% drop from current. So until we see how that plays out in the actual Meta game, we won't know how much Null Income is really buffed by. My bet is overall somewhere between 10-15% actual increase, since any isk stolen is also likely to be income for someone in null, just income while doing PvP rather than PvE.

So, no data suggests a needed nerf to high sec PvE at present, and no data suggests high sec industry needs a direct nerf, just that Null needs some buffs, and that there is an issue between POS manufacturing in any sec space & Outpost/Station manufacturing costs (in any space)

Lol

Every conclusion in that block of crap is flat wrong.

Starting with basing by bounties, bounties ARE NOT how you push in high sec you dolt.