These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1461 - 2014-01-27 18:04:46 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Everyone is biased but you, huh Jenn?

Considering you are a bot-aspirant miner I think we can safely ignore anything you say.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Thirtythousand
#1462 - 2014-01-27 18:11:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Thirtythousand
It's crazy that incursions are considered solo ISk.... Those other 9-39 players must all be bots?

WH c4-6 is also not considered solo content.

Upgraded complexes in null is also built on community.

FW needs to pay for peoples ships or they stop FWing to make ISk. Less PvP targets. More pirate tears. Soloable but also designed to be easily manipulated and exploited, flying anything worth monies usually gets you friendly killed.

High sec missions is the closest thing eve has to casual play that can be played at any pace and still make enough for a plex.

Support the updating of rookie ships! Join the discussion https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4222786#post4222786

Notorious Fellon
#1463 - 2014-01-27 18:16:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Notorious Fellon
I love how Jenn tries to shove everyone into a box that fits her whine.

I don't live in hisec Jenn. Stop assuming, it makes you look really foolish.

You can't shove everyone into a "hisec only player" or "nullsec only player" box anyway. It is a foolish assumption and labeling tactic that only serves to segregate community and create some artifical "US" and "THEM" bullshit.

Many players of EVE move around from WH, Null, Lowsec, Hisec on a regular basis. Not all of us are quite so narrow-minded as you would like to assume.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1464 - 2014-01-27 18:19:38 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:

You're an npc alt, its pretty safe to assume you are a highsec pubbie.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1465 - 2014-01-27 18:25:39 UTC
Thirtythousand wrote:
It's crazy that incursions are considered solo ISk.... Those other 9-39 players must all be bots?

FW needs to pay for peoples ships or they stop FWing to make ISk. Less PvP targets. More pirate tears. Soloable but also designed to be easily manipulated and exploited, flying anything worth monies usually gets you friendly killed.

High sec missions is the closest thing eve has to casual play that can be played at any pace and still make enough for a plex.

i wonder is posting from a npc alt makes one unable to see reality lol.

Who said anything about "solo isk"? Please link.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#1466 - 2014-01-27 18:27:16 UTC
i wonder sometimes if the npc alts are all just the same dude

like a monster with a dozen heads
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1467 - 2014-01-27 18:28:39 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:

You can't shove everyone into a "hisec only player" or "nullsec only player" box anyway. It is a foolish assumption and labeling tactic that only serves to segregate community and create some artifical "US" and "THEM" bullshit.

Many players of EVE move around from WH, Null, Lowsec, Hisec on a regular basis. Not all of us are quite so narrow-minded as you would like to assume.

Then stop posting narrow mindedly lol.

And when did i try to shove anyone into a box. Where did i say people don't move around. Are you so desperate in this argument that have to make things up now? Please link.'

Do you even pve by the way, because it doesn't sound like it.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1468 - 2014-01-27 18:30:48 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:

The EVE-O version of the hydra.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1469 - 2014-01-27 18:31:10 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:

More likely it's just that we're noticing the similarity of the type. You know the type that thinks their "main" is so special as to need to hide it behind an npc corp alt lol.

In the mean time, I'm jenn, i'm sitting in Jita right now holding up a sign saying "come at me, HO" :) .
Notorious Fellon
#1470 - 2014-01-27 18:33:40 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Not everyone, just posters from high sec.

Is this you Jenn, or are you going to spin this such as to claim it is not? Do I need to quote you line by line just to get you to admit what you are now denying?

Unbelievable.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#1471 - 2014-01-27 18:35:35 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Anslo wrote:

More serioulsy, some people can put aside their own self interest, i can. I make a MINT doing SOe missions, incursioning with ISN and tvp and throwing away caracals in FW (which I started doing after I saw this last year). But being able to profit from something doesn't make that something the right way to go.

This is the right wayfor combat pve to go (in descending order):

-Wormholes
-Sov null
-npc null
-low sec
-FW low sec
-high sec (most automated security so the trade off should be least income)

And this is what actually happens for individual income via combat pve:

-Wormholes
-FW
-High sec (incursions and "pirate" missions)
-NPC null
-SOV null
-regular high sec (damn near tied with sov null, TEST it)
-Low sec (still dead last)

The only place that works right is wormholes (mega risk, mega isk). Can you people not see this?

Where are your numbers? Where is your test standard? What control conditions did you use to come to this conclusion?

Its easy to say what you feel or hope and have NOTHING to support it except your hate for hi-sec.

Here it is in a nutshell again. I really dont care where has the best isk/hr. Should I want to get what I call the best isk/hr then its on me to go get it not for CCP to give it to me. I have read several threads where you yourself have refferenced the same thing.

Stop looking for CCP to hand it to you and go get it.
Thirtythousand
#1472 - 2014-01-27 18:37:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Thirtythousand
Jenn aSide wrote:
Thirtythousand wrote:

I use an NPC alt so you can't harrass my main in game if you disagree that strongly. Animosity is great.

Scroll up. You even counter argued it. And gave examples contradicting a 2 month old char or something. I dunno it was a while ago..............-

Support the updating of rookie ships! Join the discussion https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4222786#post4222786

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#1473 - 2014-01-27 18:43:56 UTC
Thirtythousand wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Thirtythousand wrote:

I use an NPC alt so you can't harrass my main in game if you disagree that strongly. Animosity is great.

Scroll up. You even counter argued it. And gave examples contradicting a 2 month old char or something. I dunno it was a while ago..............-

If you can't troll on your main GTFO. Seriously.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1474 - 2014-01-27 18:44:12 UTC
Thirtythousand wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Thirtythousand wrote:

In other words you are a risk averse highsec pubbie.

Anslo
Scope Works
#1475 - 2014-01-27 18:45:23 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Considering you are a bot-aspirant miner I think we can safely ignore anything you say.

Gotta afk mine all the things. Speaking of afk, don't you have a node to crash so you can ***** about it?

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Thirtythousand
#1476 - 2014-01-27 18:47:50 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Thirtythousand wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Thirtythousand wrote:

In other words you are a risk averse highsec pubbie.

I'm also pretty sure that, without counter arguments, valid facts, or even accurate observations, that last post is only a ment to attack and derail arguments.

Should high sec be less safe? No. Eve needs a theme park that is valid enough to keep at least half the logged on numbers subscribed to keep eve online. Dont like it. Unsubscribe button is overthere. ^

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1477 - 2014-01-27 18:49:23 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Anslo wrote:

More serioulsy, some people can put aside their own self interest, i can. I make a MINT doing SOe missions, incursioning with ISN and tvp and throwing away caracals in FW (which I started doing after I saw this last year). But being able to profit from something doesn't make that something the right way to go.

This is the right wayfor combat pve to go (in descending order):

-Wormholes
-Sov null
-npc null
-low sec
-FW low sec
-high sec (most automated security so the trade off should be least income)

And this is what actually happens for individual income via combat pve:

-Wormholes
-FW
-High sec (incursions and "pirate" missions)
-NPC null
-SOV null
-regular high sec (damn near tied with sov null, TEST it)
-Low sec (still dead last)

The only place that works right is wormholes (mega risk, mega isk). Can you people not see this?

Start by nerfbatting the outliers in missioning and it would already help. Some corp are indeed out fo whack (SoE, Thukker, ...) and would require adjustement imo. You could also amke them more available in null to drag the price down a bit by using thier ebtter ratio for the LP. Making that ratio better that it is now could be considered too.

Put a better LP reward on incursion in low and null. Don't add ISK, just more LP. They have to become worthwhile to run in lower security space even if you can hardly field a pimp fleet which reduce your sites/unit fo time.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1478 - 2014-01-27 18:51:10 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Is this you Jenn, or are you going to spin this such as to claim it is not? Do I need to quote you line by line just to get you to admit what you are now denying?

Unbelievable.

You can quote what you like, but you would be misunderstanding.

We get it, you like the broken status quo. I do not, I think it's bad for the game (the bad part is that it should not be more appealing to make isk in high sec protected by automated security features that it is in the most player and unsecured by automation part of the game).

And yet many of us have high sec (or low sec, or WH) alts while roaming gangs jump dozens of jumps just to find no targets (which wa snot an issue before the 1st anom nerf). CCP tends to develop features in a vacuum without regards sometimes of existing content. As an example, The sister's LP store was ok in high sec before wormholes, now it's just overpowered.

(CCP is doing that again, adding LP to the new ESS, which could be like the hammer in the nail of the lvl 5 coffin).

It would be nice to see CCP take a wholistic view of combat PVE for once.
Rekkr Nordgard
Steelforge Heavy Industries
#1479 - 2014-01-27 18:53:21 UTC
Instead of buffing lowsec/nullsec to make people want to leave highsec, let's just nerf highsec. The stick and never the carrot; that's just good game design and the way to keep your customer base happy.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1480 - 2014-01-27 18:53:46 UTC
Thirtythousand wrote:

I'm also pretty sure that, without counter arguments, valid facts, or even accurate observations, that last post is only a ment to attack and derail arguments.

Should high sec be less safe? No. Eve needs a theme park that is valid enough to keep at least half the logged on numbers subscribed to keep eve online. Dont like it. Unsubscribe button is overthere. ^

You literally admitted to using an NPC alt to avoid consequences, that's literally the definition of risk averse highsec pubbie right there.