These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1241 - 2014-01-22 21:44:20 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Will they gank miners? - we have people that do that already.

Will they bait mission runners and shoot at MTU's waiting for drones to aggress? - we have people that do that already.

Will they grief-dec Indy corps? - we have people that do that already.

Will they blow the crap out of freighters on the Jita undock? - we have people that do that already.

So if you all do come up - please do something new and original. We already have people doing all of this other crap. P

We are already the biggest players in all of these activities.

Then working as intended. High sec should not be 100% safe and I commend your efforts!

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1242 - 2014-01-22 21:49:08 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
The ESS as it currently stands (the second incarnation anyway) is a fairly hefty nerf to highsec.

I will go check that out. I saw a laundry list of changes but wasn't really paying attention to it. How bad is it that a week after it's announced and before it even goes live they need to make a half dozen changes to it?

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
So, you're saying that a few thousand more people running around ganking miners, wardeccing indy corps, and blasting freighters... wouldn't be a big issue?

Oh, how I wish.

Then working as intended. High sec should not be 100% safe and I commend your efforts!

But even having thousands of people ganking, baiting, wardeccing, freighter-shooting, and Jita scamming still does not make Null suck any less.

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1243 - 2014-01-22 21:51:26 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

The ESS as it currently stands (the second incarnation anyway) is a fairly hefty nerf to highsec.

Not really. It just adds more competition on the production side of the lp market.

Interestingly, its pretty much the exact same thing that would happen if a portion of renters and nullbears moved out of null into hisec after a null nerf. More competition over lp markets.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1244 - 2014-01-22 21:53:24 UTC
This thread reminds me somewhat of people from Somali under the warlords saying the US and Europe need more crime and street gangs as that is the only way Africa will ever overcome its problem and feed the starving masses.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1245 - 2014-01-22 21:55:23 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
This thread reminds me somewhat of people from Somali under the warlords saying the US and Europe need more crime and street gangs as that is the only way Africa will ever overcome its problem and feed the starving masses.

Well in fairness, most of their current problems are Bill Gates' fault anyway.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1246 - 2014-01-22 21:58:22 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

Not empty quoting and +1 because it made me giggle like a little school girl.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1247 - 2014-01-22 21:59:52 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

Well in fairness, most of their current problems are Bill Gates' fault anyway.

FTFY!

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1248 - 2014-01-22 22:02:43 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

This is a game, different rules apply.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1249 - 2014-01-23 01:48:36 UTC
Well, Null Income just got buffed, somewhere around 15% in practice probably with a 25% buff for the smart players.
And High sec just took a small (Though probably not really significant) knock in income.

Of course, Null ALREADY MAKES MORE.
If you bothered reading my maths, I even took LP into account and NULL STILL MADE MORE!

But of course any maths which says High isn't the only place to make isk must be wrong, so you all obviously ignored it.

But anyway, enjoy your 15-25% income buff. And STFU now.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1250 - 2014-01-23 02:05:30 UTC
Quote:
But of course any maths which says High isn't the only place to make isk must be wrong, so you all obviously ignored it.

Like the part where you admit to removing portions of your own data that don't support your conclusions?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1251 - 2014-01-23 02:08:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

Like the part where you admit to removing portions of your own data that don't support your conclusions?

Because those aren't part of the active player in space earning isk calculations and have their value based on things utterly different? Absolutely, and if you had any idea of economics or statistics, you would know removing that is the right thing to do when talking about individual earning income from being in space. Nothing to do with them not supporting my conclusions, but to do with them being totally different data.
But, obviously you don't. And you also don't have any figures showing how much isk is actually MADE on the market rather than changes hands, or how much of it comes from Null Sec to begin with and the isk flows back to Null Sec.
When dealing with pilots in space however, we have figures and the figures say Null has the isk. Contrary to all the claims otherwise.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#1252 - 2014-01-23 03:25:14 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:
The next step is the ESS. Are you certain this is moving in the right direction?

It comes at the exact same time that CCP is adding a faction pirate quality battleship to a highsec LP store (a truly massive LP sink), and follows on from CCP adding a faction pirate quality frigate and cruiser, and moving mindlinks over to LP.

Not only that, sisters isn't releasing an ESS, so highsec gathered LP is going to be more valuable per unit than ESS gathered LP for the foreseeable future.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1253 - 2014-01-23 05:09:42 UTC
Tauranon wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:
The next step is the ESS. Are you certain this is moving in the right direction?

It comes at the exact same time that CCP is adding a faction pirate quality battleship to a highsec LP store (a truly massive LP sink), and follows on from CCP adding a faction pirate quality frigate and cruiser, and moving mindlinks over to LP.

Not only that, sisters isn't releasing an ESS, so highsec gathered LP is going to be more valuable per unit than ESS gathered LP for the foreseeable future.

This is what you posted. What the people defending a bad and utterly indefensible status quo saw in high sec that they benefit from:

Tauranon wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Blah blah?

Blah blah blahhty blah blah

Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1254 - 2014-01-23 05:51:21 UTC
Ha blah blah... Like i sayed before nothing change people are not calculate to make isk, only alts do that. People in high sec play because the having fun in there ways not whats the best ISK the don`t give a f*ck about that. The want to play in a fearly save zone and thats it. However if the going to remove security thats something els to talk about then the goin to cry but nerfing ISK per hour lmfao.... Really you people play way to long with your calculators.

So there is nothing to talk about even if CCP nerf it so hard that will not break any pilots only the alts pilots the will complaine about the nerf. High sec players are fearly all casual players the don`t give a crap about ISK per hour... Jesus.

Stop argue for something thats useless to talk about.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1255 - 2014-01-23 07:55:04 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
What the people defending a bad and utterly indefensible status quo saw in high sec that they benefit from:

Tauranon wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Blah blah?

Blah blah blahhty blah blah

That may be very true Jenn. There are actually people living in High Sec who do not care about ISK/hr. We don't care about LP/hr. We enjoy doing the things we do without the constant dicking around with dipshits in Null. It's not about ISK. It's not about LP. So conversations on those subjects are irrelevant to some of us. But to be fair it's not about ISK for the people in Null either...

baltec1 wrote:
No it wont. But it will make it more viable.

The goal isnt to make more isk, it to make null desirable to go to.

No amount of nerfing high sec changes the dynamic of dicking around with dipshits. If anything it just puts more dipshits in Null and for those of use not interested in ISK/hr or dicking around with dipshits it makes Null no more desirable.

Kira Enomoto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1256 - 2014-01-23 08:10:47 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

No amount of nerfing high sec changes the dynamic of dicking around with dipshits. If anything it just puts more dipshits in Null and for those of use not interested in ISK/hr or dicking around with dipshits it makes Null no more desirable.

The people I have spoken to in game stay in HS not because of the ISK, but because they cba to deal with the null residents.

This is a situation those who dwell in null have put themselves in, and they are the only ones who can remedy it. CPP can't do anything about the big alliances being comple arses to all those who are not a part of them. (and even to people who are.)
OldWolf69
EVE-RO
Goonswarm Federation
#1257 - 2014-01-23 10:50:08 UTC
hedge betts Shiyurida wrote:
It would turn into the stagnant joke that is null. Look at the 24 hour kill stats on the map, more ships go pop in high sec than low. Only real difference between low 0.0 and high is you get to say that 0.0 is yours

I wonder how much hisec "pvp" we would see if there would be consequences?Lol
Prince Kobol
#1258 - 2014-01-23 10:55:30 UTC
OldWolf69 wrote:
It would turn into the stagnant joke that is null. Look at the 24 hour kill stats on the map, more ships go pop in high sec than low. Only real difference between low 0.0 and high is you get to say that 0.0 is yours

That doesn't make any sense..

All PvP has consequences, i.e you lose your ship.

Can you please explain more?
OldWolf69
EVE-RO
Goonswarm Federation
#1259 - 2014-01-23 10:57:30 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
OldWolf69 wrote:

Aren't you bit too old for this?Lol
Prince Kobol
#1260 - 2014-01-23 11:03:28 UTC
OldWolf69 wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
OldWolf69 wrote:

Aren't you bit too old for this?Lol

I was just asking you to explain the comment of "I wonder how much hisec "pvp" we would see if there would be consequences"

Now like I said before, all PvP has consequences in so far as at the very least you will lose your ship.

So, what did you mean by "I wonder how much hisec "pvp" we would see if there would be consequences"?