These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1181 - 2014-01-22 19:18:08 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Plus it does not fix the problem of the vast bulk of null sec being useless.

Neither does nerfing HS...

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1182 - 2014-01-22 19:22:03 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

If we cannot buff it then that leaves but one option.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1183 - 2014-01-22 19:22:14 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

The point is that despite all the complaints about 'High Sec earns more' Null Faucets alone beat all other related forms of High Sec income combined. Without considering the other forms of Null Sec income that already exist at all. Meaning that there is more isk to be made in Null Sec.

You are mistaking total isk faucets with how much a player can earn.

Null sec you only get bounties while a large chunk of income in high sec level 4s comes in the form of LP. LP is the primary form of income with missions followed by bounties. This is why those stats your are using are useless for working out how much you can earn in each area of space.

Here we all go again, talking around in circles, bouncing between industry and missions. If there were a problem, CCP would resolve it yes? And since they don't seem to be pushing initiatives in high sec and instead they are pushing a dumbass deployable in Null Sec, what message are you hearing from that Baltec?

The message is this - There is too much money in Nullsec. If the end result of any data, graphs, charts, opinions, conjecture, or magically derived functions of the most bizarre mathematics showed anything else - CCP would make a change... Since they are not, it seems clear to me that they know something you don't.

Actually, CCP's right hand doesn't seem to be talking to its left. Their own economist stated that inflation was fine and so were the isk sinks and faucets.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1184 - 2014-01-22 19:28:09 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

My house is ******.

Your house should be ****** too.

Because that philosophy has always improved the quality of life for all parties involved. Roll

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1185 - 2014-01-22 19:33:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

The point is that despite all the complaints about 'High Sec earns more' Null Faucets alone beat all other related forms of High Sec income combined. Without considering the other forms of Null Sec income that already exist at all. Meaning that there is more isk to be made in Null Sec.

You are mistaking total isk faucets with how much a player can earn.

Null sec you only get bounties while a large chunk of income in high sec level 4s comes in the form of LP. LP is the primary form of income with missions followed by bounties. This is why those stats your are using are useless for working out how much you can earn in each area of space.

Here we all go again, talking around in circles, bouncing between industry and missions. If there were a problem, CCP would resolve it yes? And since they don't seem to be pushing initiatives in high sec and instead they are pushing a dumbass deployable in Null Sec, what message are you hearing from that Baltec?

The message is this - There is too much money in Nullsec. If the end result of any data, graphs, charts, opinions, conjecture, or magically derived functions of the most bizarre mathematics showed anything else - CCP would make a change... Since they are not, it seems clear to me that they know something you don't.

Actually, CCP's right hand doesn't seem to be talking to its left. Their own economist stated that inflation was fine and so were the isk sinks and faucets.

And Dr. EyojG makes these statements in the face of all those HS mission runners and Incursion people making 150-200 million ISK/hr? Not to mention, all of the null sec residents coming to HS because they can make 150-200 million ISK/hr risk free in HS. And all the LP!!! Even despite all of this, meh economy's fine. Inflation is A-OK!

So what's the problem?

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1186 - 2014-01-22 19:35:16 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

My house is ******.

Because that philosophy has always improved the quality of life for all parties involved. Roll

Oh, that's just hyperbole and you know it. Especially for an inappropriate comparison in the first place.

Buffing the other areas of space would cause inflation. Inflation is a bad, bad thing, especially with regards to new player retention.

Being brought down to par with the rest of space is not some heinous punishment, you've been enjoying the imbalance for years now anyway.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1187 - 2014-01-22 19:37:33 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

My house is ******.

This is about game balance. If there is no reason to go to null then people will not go to null, if the only way to fix the game is to nerf high sec then thats what must happen.
Billy McCandless
Zacharia Explorations Group
#1188 - 2014-01-22 19:39:54 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

This is about game balance. If there is no reason to go to null then people will not go to null, if the only way to fix the game is to nerf high sec then thats what must happen.

Well thats one reason not to go.

As we both pointed out, its hard to do much if you are just going to get shot to pieces.

Maybe Jenn can give me some tips on how to avoid the CoT system-sweeping fleets.

"Thread locked for being deemed a total loss." - ISD Ezwal

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1189 - 2014-01-22 19:46:01 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Billy McCandless wrote:

So why not just pop into NPC Null for your LP?

Not only can these handful of systems not support tens of thousand players but if we even try they will be **** caged by every hostile power going.

Was there ever a reason given why some space is literraly **** in null? Not why it is because thats documented somewhere I could probably read but why it was created that way? Why to 0.0 to -1.0 "hidden" sec status and all. Why not only different kind of rat and ice like in high?
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1190 - 2014-01-22 19:46:59 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

My house is ******.

Why is it that if it sucks for you it's "imbalance"?

Null sec sucks compared to high sec because of an imbalance.

Drone assist sucks because of imbalance.

Sov warfare sucks because of an imbalance?

If you want Null Sec to be like High sec, you know, loads of infinite ISK and no risk from AFK cloaky ******* or "oh **** a neutral, I'd better dock up", there is already a place in the game for that - it's called High Sec.

It's not 100% safe mind you, but it is safe enough.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1191 - 2014-01-22 19:47:44 UTC
Billy McCandless wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

As we both pointed out, its hard to do much if you are just going to get shot to pieces.

Maybe Jenn can give me some tips on how to avoid the CoT system-sweeping fleets.

Why on earth would they *not* shoot you? Given the existence of cyno ships, neutral is as good as hostile.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1192 - 2014-01-22 19:49:20 UTC
Billy McCandless wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Null missions (and complexes) are in deadspace. Once inside deadspace, someone looking for yo has to use probes to get to you. You can see probes in d-scan (even the pro "only deploy probes once you have narrowed down the basic area the guy is in" super quick probers have to expose themselves eventually to get you). if you are picking the right blitzable missions you shold be anywhere long enough to get scanned down

The only things you have to worry about is getting into and out of the station and maybe jumping gates (though if you are smart you will set up in stations that have multiple agents and once you have high enough standings, decline the out of system missions). Insta-undocks + nullified T3 ship (the best null mission runners) are the key, plus now mobile depots for refitting.

Half the fun of PVE outside of high sec is avoiding people trying to blow you up and steal your loot.

NPC null missions are the only real bright spots in null pve. The rest of it is easily disrupted or enslaved a truly evil random number generator.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1193 - 2014-01-22 19:50:21 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

My house is ******.

Oh, that's just hyperbole and you know it. Especially for an inappropriate comparison in the first place.

Buffing the other areas of space would cause inflation. Inflation is a bad, bad thing, especially with regards to new player retention.

Being brought down to par with the rest of space is not some heinous punishment, you've been enjoying the imbalance for years now anyway.

Hyperbole is saying **** like "I can't make money where I live because where other people live is better."

******* move already. Or stay there and HTFU.

You're like people in every Mellencamp song ever. Living in your little pink house and out of work because the ******* brick factory closed. Move to where the money is or find another way to make money. Seems pretty damn simple to me.

Also confirming that brick factory work isn't that great anyway and you're better off.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1194 - 2014-01-22 19:50:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Quote:
If you want Null Sec to be like High sec, you know, loads of infinite ISK and no risk from AFK cloaky ******* or "oh **** a neutral, I'd better dock up", there is already a place in the game for that - it's called High Sec.

Quote:

It always makes me laugh to see "well just go highsec yourself!" as the response.

Not only is it not a good way to defend something suspected of being overpowered by telling me I should be doing it too, but all of highsec should pray that the Goons never actually do this. The result would be, while hilarious, highly detrimental to the average citizen of highsec.

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1195 - 2014-01-22 19:57:12 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Why is it that if it sucks for you it's "imbalance"?

Tell me why you would take the greater risks in null sov space to earn less than in high sec with full concord protection?
Billy McCandless
#1196 - 2014-01-22 19:57:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Billy McCandless
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Why on earth would they *not* shoot you? Given the existence of cyno ships, neutral is as good as hostile.

Apparently, they dont shoot Jenn

I was hoping for her secret.

But sadly its not forth-coming.

Just old tried and tested (and failing) options.

Looks like I shall have to devise my own.

Oh wait, I DO kill probers in Nullsec

Silly me, how did I forget. Maybe some enterprising soul will use the same technique to kill Null Missioners.

Its easy, so Im suprised they dont already.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1197 - 2014-01-22 19:58:57 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

It always makes me laugh to see "well just go highsec yourself!" as the response.

Not only is it not a good way to defend something suspected of being overpowered by telling me I should be doing it too, but all of highsec should pray that the Goons never actually do this. The result would be, while hilarious, highly detrimental to the average citizen of highsec.

You already are.
So is Baltec.
And if you read this thread (which I know you have Kaarous), it would seem that everyone, save a small few daring individuals such as Jenn, are already here.

Even Baltec admitted to wanting to nerf his own income. Of course, that's not hyperbole either yea?

baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Aren't you just asking to nerf your own income?

In short, yes.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1198 - 2014-01-22 20:04:33 UTC
Billy McCandless wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Apparently, they dont shoot Jenn

I was hoping for her secret.

But sadly its not forth-coming.

Just old tried and tested (and failing) options.

Looks like I shall have to devise my own.

Oh wait, I DO kill probers in Nullsec

Silly me, how did I forget. Maybe some enterprising soul will use the same technique to kill Null Missioners.

Its easy, so Im suprised they dont already.

Well, first of all, Jenn is a dude.

Secondly, the trick is not getting caught. Knowing and using the MWD+Cloak trick, watching for probes, and judicious use of DotLan to avoid potential gatecamp systems tends to work fairly well.

So, it's not that they wouldn't shoot Jenn, it's that he doesn't give them a chance to do it.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Billy McCandless
#1199 - 2014-01-22 20:08:20 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Well, first of all, Jenn is a dude.

Secondly, the trick is not getting caught. Knowing and using the MWD+Cloak trick, watching for probes, and judicious use of DotLan to avoid potential gatecamp systems tends to work fairly well.

So, it's not that they wouldn't shoot Jenn, it's that he doesn't give them a chance to do it.

Well she looks like a female to me

And I guess they dont do what Donny Dont Does

And Im not sure that you could call it a "trick" anymore.

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1200 - 2014-01-22 20:08:33 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Nerfs that effect other areas of space are not nerfs to highsec, they are nerfs to everything...

High end anom nerfs on the other hand, are nerfs to just nullsec.

And this is exactly the double standard I speak of. Let's take this one step at a time. First, list the nerfs you consider to be exclusive to null. And keep in mind I'm using your own definition of "nerf". For example, by your own standards, a nerf to the Forsaken sites is not a nerf to null because these sites exist outside of null.

Quote:
Industry in any area but highsec is entirely unviable
This is an untrue and baseless claim. I actually do my manufacturing in lo sec exclusively and have managed to make billions per week while spending less time logged in. I left hi sec precisely because I had reached a ceiling impeding me from being more efficient with my time and efforts. And no, I do not build capitals.

Quote:
Personal income is far more viable in highsec than anywhere else. While the individual upper bounds of nullsec may be higher, they are subtractive, and thus not sustainable for any significant population size. As opposed to L4s, which can be done by hundreds of people without end, ever, in near total safety.

I'm not so sure I buy the whole 'null income is unsustainable'. There are plenty of null systems with zero human interaction. I've tried to set shop and make some of this 'pitiful' unsustainable isk you speak of in null. Naturally, I'm driven away by the null holders. You know why? Because they want it that way. They don't use the space efficiently (or even at all!) and also don't want anyone else using it. So let me ask you, might this not be causing some of that unsustainability problem you speak of? Because that is where I'd start looking.

Quote:
make highsec less safe by some means, so that more loss can be generated.
And this fixes null industry and its unsustainability how exactly? And how does lowering L4 payouts relieve null from its industry issues? We go back to the questions of what is it exactly you're trying to fix. Yes, you say it forces people to move from their home system making things more interesting (for you), but I fail to see how it addresses the issues you claim you want to fix.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.