These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1121 - 2014-01-21 23:12:18 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

And by latest plan I assume you are referring to the ESS.

I think you and I can both agree that the ESS is stupid and if it's going to be deployable anywhere it should be deployable everywhere. But we'll leave that discussion on the thread regarding that abomination.

So in the time since the Forsaken Nerf they've had time to evaluate the results of their intervention, the nerf, and have come to the conclusion that you guys still suck and aren't deserving of pre-nerf bounties? I mean they've had time to see the big picture and to perhaps, in hindsight, re-evaluate that nerf and have done what to remedy the "trouble" that null sec is in?

We were pointing out that null industry was massively broken 8 years ago.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1122 - 2014-01-21 23:15:11 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Highsec had alternatives when it came to PvE income in that situation. In a case of a blanket nerf to all income streams that wouldn't be the case. How that would end up we can only speculate since it has never happened. Also if the suspicions are true that highsec is really not a place where people live but rather a biproduct of alts and easy isk then we'd likely see some of those accounts reduced for lack of use IF the nerf worked as intended.

High sec had nothing to match pre nerf incursions. The same people said they were going to quit over the ice changes and the POCO changes. Its nothing but empty threats that have been screamed every time someones unbalanced golden goose has been nerfed.

You will always have those posts, but, as stated before, none of them represent the holistic nerf of highsec on a magnitude that would result in the positives that people who want such a nerf claim it would result in.

That said, I don't think we've seen the sub data to see if there was any change in subs, however minor it may be, that may have correlated with those changes.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1123 - 2014-01-21 23:20:44 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I think you and I can both agree that the ESS is stupid and if it's going to be deployable anywhere it should be deployable everywhere. But we'll leave that discussion on the thread regarding that abomination.

So in the time since the Forsaken Nerf they've had time to evaluate the results of their intervention, the nerf, and have come to the conclusion that you guys still suck and aren't deserving of pre-nerf bounties? I mean they've had time to see the big picture and to perhaps, in hindsight, re-evaluate that nerf and have done what to remedy the "trouble" that null sec is in?

Thanks for sticking with us Baltec. It looks like a lot of us are ganging up on you and I do appreciate you hanging in there with us. Seriously.

Null industry has been broken forever man. You're not lying. They did implement some improvements though and are there not more on the way?

But there again you run into the issue of the AFK Cloaky *******, the constant DScan local checking, docking when Neut = TRUE.

I think your best course of action is to write up a serious proposal for how to fix Null Industry, work it out with your fellow Null Industrialists. really consider what your vision is and how best to implement it. Leave out any language involving nerfs to other regions as honestly, I think that is unproductive and will only look like brow-beating. Put it in Features and Ideas, link to it in your sig. Hell send me an EveMail about it and I'll put it in my damn signature.

I really enjoy this game brother. And I'm not feeding you a line when I say that I want you to enjoy it too. But we can both make it better without turning it into an Us v. Them thing right?

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1124 - 2014-01-21 23:28:38 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

You will always have those posts, but, as stated before, none of them represent the holistic nerf of highsec on a magnitude that would result in the positives that people who want such a nerf claim it would result in.

That said, I don't think we've seen the sub data to see if there was any change in subs, however minor it may be, that may have correlated with those changes.

The introduction of tracking and stacking penalties didnt hit sub numbers, neither did the beehive nerf or the nano nerf.

After you have seen the amount of big nerfs that bitter vets like me have you soon learn to tell when people are just using hollow threats to try and keep an overpowered toy.
stoicfaux
#1125 - 2014-01-21 23:30:15 UTC
You can nerf high-sec when null-sec industry and trade are viable. Otherwise you're kidding yourself.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#1126 - 2014-01-21 23:31:01 UTC
Remove sec status and lets find out.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1127 - 2014-01-21 23:33:07 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Thanks for sticking with us Baltec. It looks like a lot of us are ganging up on you and I do appreciate you hanging in there with us. Seriously.

Null industry has been broken forever man. You're not lying. They did implement some improvements though and are there not more on the way?

But there again you run into the issue of the AFK Cloaky *******, the constant DScan local checking, docking when Neut = TRUE.

I think your best course of action is to write up a serious proposal for how to fix Null Industry, work it out with your fellow Null Industrialists. really consider what your vision is and how best to implement it. Leave out any language involving nerfs to other regions as honestly, I think that is unproductive and will only look like brow-beating. Put it in Features and Ideas, link to it in your sig. Hell send me an EveMail about it and I'll put it in my damn signature.

I really enjoy this game brother. And I'm not feeding you a line when I say that I want you to enjoy it too. But we can both make it better without turning it into an Us v. Them thing right?

Unfortunately, nerfs are needed sometimes. In the case of industry, you cannot compete with free so high sec will be having to see charges to use their facilities go up sharply just to get null and WH on an even footing as well as some very big changes in the way outposts and POS work.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1128 - 2014-01-21 23:40:46 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Unfortunately, nerfs are needed sometimes. In the case of industry, you cannot compete with free so high sec will be having to see charges to use their facilities go up sharply just to get null and WH on an even footing as well as some very big changes in the way outposts and POS work.

So long as those nerfs are not intended to fully cripple highsec industry and exist only to improve industry in Null I am not averse to reading it. My thinking however is that it really isn't a competition is it? Instead of selling officer/faction mods in Jita, sell them in a Null system or better yet put them on contract for the **** you need. Ruby said Tritanium is in short supply and you guys can't seem to get enough of it. If you use the assets that are strictly Null in origin can you not leverage those for what you need?

I'll give you X Tritanium for that Pith-A whatchamacallit.

Seems to me that you are selling short on this **** by selling it in Empire. If people want to fly bling ships, make them come get the **** from you at a higher cost than what you would make in Empire of course, Or those tosser mission runners can just fit T2 and cry about how ****** their fit is unless they go to Null.

Just spit-balling ideas here man.

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#1129 - 2014-01-21 23:42:57 UTC
No **** null has seen nerf after nerf. So has every sector as we mentioned many times.

Grow some balls and move to w-space if you wanna make real money.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#1130 - 2014-01-21 23:55:52 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
No **** null has seen nerf after nerf. So has every sector as we mentioned many times.

Grow some balls and move to w-space if you wanna make real money.

Not empty quoting:

Kimmi Chan wrote:
How is it that Null is banging their fists on the table and WH denizens just do their thing without a care for what is happening here? Is W-space any less of a challenge?

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1131 - 2014-01-22 00:01:16 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

So long as those nerfs are not intended to fully cripple highsec industry and exist only to improve industry in Null I am not averse to reading it. My thinking however is that it really isn't a competition is it? Instead of selling officer/faction mods in Jita, sell them in a Null system or better yet put them on contract for the **** you need. Ruby said Tritanium is in short supply and you guys can't seem to get enough of it. If you use the assets that are strictly Null in origin can you not leverage those for what you need?

I'll give you X Tritanium for that Pith-A whatchamacallit.

Seems to me that you are selling short on this **** by selling it in Empire. If people want to fly bling ships, make them come get the **** from you at a higher cost than what you would make in Empire of course, Or those tosser mission runners can just fit T2 and cry about how ****** their fit is unless they go to Null.

Just spit-balling ideas here man.

From the standpoint of practicality I'd think isk would be the best trade medium in most cases for whatever goods you are trading, even if only because isk is a necessary component of any market transaction.

And regarding not exporting to empire, the bulk of sales you'd likely see are people who will just resell in Jita for a profit, which should have the nullsec population asking, why not just cut out the middle man? Also non-blues being unable to dock in outposts and NBSI make for a hostile market place for outsiders.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1132 - 2014-01-22 00:02:43 UTC
If CCP really wanted to get rid of the concentration of players in highsec all they need to do is stop spawning new players in highsec school. People start in high and never get around to leaving.

Just give new players an option of spawning in a losec school in SOV space if they want. Of course the alliances involved will have an interesting problem with awoxxers and spies if they just accept all the newcomers unconditionally.

If nothing else these systems with new SOV space schools will give null alliances something else to squabble over :D
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1133 - 2014-01-22 00:16:01 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:

What I find extremely hypocritical is how they callously twist the data in their favor to claim how null sec has seen "nerf after nerf", and then twist the data in the other direction to claim hi sec has never been nerfed. In other words, they use a double standard to make these silly claims.

This is why I don't have much sympathy for them. They tend not to carry weight. They're rather stuffed with a whole lot of biased BS. And it is always the same handful of posters too.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#1134 - 2014-01-22 01:54:49 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
So long as those nerfs are not intended to fully cripple highsec industry and exist only to improve industry in Null I am not averse to reading it.

unfortunately whatever is said gets a bunch of drips completely missing the point yelling 'you're trying to force us into nullsec', 'you nullbears have just been doing it wrong', 'well stop shooting non-blues who try to go to null', 'nullsec is supposed to be somalia' (lol) etc etc etc
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1135 - 2014-01-22 02:07:49 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
So long as those nerfs are not intended to fully cripple highsec industry and exist only to improve industry in Null I am not averse to reading it.

unfortunately whatever is said gets a bunch of drips completely missing the point yelling 'you're trying to force us into nullsec', 'you nullbears have just been doing it wrong', 'well stop shooting non-blues who try to go to null', 'nullsec is supposed to be somalia' (lol) etc etc etc

Pretty much.

Baltec even put it pretty well.

Play long enough, and the screams of "I'll quit!" eventually all start to sound the same. Hollow lies meant to hold onto their golden goose or to try and hold the gameplay of other people hostage.

Even if they're serious, the sheer intellectual dishonesty on display warrants their being disregarded.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1136 - 2014-01-22 02:08:42 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Mainly it's Nulls own creation though. They have the slots potential easily after the last round of buffs, and the slots are already CHEAPER than high sec once they are built.
There is a case for making the initial capital investment cheaper, or stations offer more.
There is also a case for ALL Stations/Outposts to have more expensive lines, in order to allow POS manufacturing (Which again, Null Pos's cost less upkeep than High Pos's) to compete with stations.
And there is a very good case for getting rid of the stupidly low refining levels, making it just a single basic add on, and making it at least 40% on Amarr stations. Refining is not an entire branch of the game on it's own, and should not be getting put through the same levels of upgrades as the lab slots, offices & industry lines.

But there is not a good case for only high sec having higher costs.
There is not a good case for nerfing lvl 4's & incursions when Null Sec is 50% of the entire isk faucets in the game approximately.
There is not a good case to nerf concord in any way.
These things are designed to simply destroy high.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1137 - 2014-01-22 02:11:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Quote:
They have the slots potential easily after the last round of buffs

Oh, do they now?

What did we manage to figure out about that, anyway? Wasn't it something like 60 billion over 2 stations and 2 systems just to get the production equivalent to an average highsec station(station, not system)?

I honestly don't remember it, but I do recall that the specifics posted made me laugh so hard I choked.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1138 - 2014-01-22 02:17:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Oh, do they now?

What did we manage to figure out about that, anyway? Wasn't it something like 60 billion over 2 stations and 2 systems just to get the production equivalent to an average highsec station(station, not system)?

I honestly don't remember it, but I do recall that the specifics posted made me laugh so hard I choked.

Actually a single Amarr outpost upgraded is the equivalent of between 6-8 High Sec industrial stations depending exactly how efficiently you make use of the bonus speed on the slots. It was the equivalent of a good industrial hub. Not the best available in high sec, which I agree with you guys the best few high sec systems probably are too good and those individual systems could use a nerf.

But 6-8 stations from a pair of outposts.
Capital cost is irrelevant really to industry costs, as when time > infinity, cost > zero for capital investment. So the earlier it's done the earlier it's paid off. And if you try and factor it in, you end up breaking industry five years down the track when it is paid off.

Also, if you bothered reading, you will see I am saying that the refining should be in the same outpost, so 6-8 stations from just one outpost is what I'm suggesting.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1139 - 2014-01-22 02:20:08 UTC
Quote:
But there is not a good case for only high sec having higher costs.
There is not a good case for nerfing lvl 4's & incursions when Null Sec is 50% of the entire isk faucets in the game approximately.
There is not a good case to nerf concord in any way.

Oh and since I realized you weren't joking about these, I decided to address them too.

"highsec" certainly should have higher costs. If only because player controlled infrastructure should be incentivized over NPC controlled ones. That's just good game design philosophy.

There is a case to nerf L4s. Because of course nullsec is 50%, where else is it going to come from? Isk faucets are isk out of nowhere. They only come from bounties and mission payouts. Wormholes sure don't have them, and barely anything goes on in lowsec.

Just because nullsec might be 50% is no reason to ignore highsec being 40%. Especially when it can be done in so much more safety than in null.

And there has been good reason to nerf concord for years. Mostly because it's almost impossible to die if you're actually awake in highsec. Which is not a good thing for anyone, since loss is literally the cog that drives the economy of this game.

Low loss percentages, which highsec is also a huge culprit of, are just as responsible for devaluation of goods and overall inflation as isk faucets are.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1140 - 2014-01-22 02:26:42 UTC
High Secs income (Excluding industry/trade since there is no way to tell how much of that is null sec dwellers simply using high sec for a neutral market vs alliance only market) is calculable using extrapolation maths. And doing that shows that High Secs total income is less than just the isk faucet portion of Nulls Income. Which totally ignores all the deadspace/officer loot, all the Moon Goo income, all the PI income etc.

And that was done assuming all incursions belonged to Highsec while we know some do get done in low/null to clear the cyno jam effects.