These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#981 - 2014-01-17 17:07:00 UTC
Angelica Dreamstar wrote:
Lowering income might actually make it a harsh place again and remove all the ******* carebears from the game.

Good idea, then all the ships we PvP with cost 3x as much.

I like the carebears, they make the ships i kill them with nice and cheep.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#982 - 2014-01-17 17:12:25 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Bullshit.
Plain and simple, bullshit.

Yeah, all those guys doing incursions are doing it because it's fun. Roll

lol back before the 1st incursion nerf people complained that it wasn't about the isk,it was about the fun, the community.

So CCP nerfed them..and those communities died. So much for fun lol.

When I fly with ISN we do 4 HQ sites per hour thats 124 mil an hour before the 7000 CONCORD lp which usually sells/trade for 1k is per lp. 152 mil an hour and being shiney we win EVERY contest lol.

Of course Dinsdale refuses to adapt to anything ever (the world is supposed to cater to him, go look at his posts in the F&I forum about omnidirectional tracking links lol) and is still flying with those fail Armor fleets. Or he would be if he weren't sing a ship he can't stand to do SOE missions in Lanngisi lol.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#983 - 2014-01-17 17:40:37 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Bullshit.

HQ sites give 31.5 mil bounty plus 7000 LP worth over 1000 isk each but lets round that down to just 1k, so thats 38.5 mil per HQ.

You can do 4 of these in an hour so thats 154 mil.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#984 - 2014-01-17 18:09:52 UTC
Almost to 1000 posts.

Come on GD!!! You can dooo eeeeeet!!!!!

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Benny Ohu
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#985 - 2014-01-17 21:22:39 UTC
Gallali Egidall wrote:
words

nope
voetius
Grundrisse
#986 - 2014-01-17 22:36:28 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

The graphs you are trying to use are useless in working out null income vs high. There is no detail or area breakdown which means you have no data that can be used to work anything out other than how much isk is sloshing about.

Please enlighten us with better data, not just your constant shooting down of any numbers that don't look the way you want them to.

Show your work, as others have here.

We have detailed records for rewards and time taken for every single mission and anomaly with the mission guides. We also have several detailed threads which have looked at mission, incursion and anoms and how much you can make in each.

It is insainly easy to take this info and work out which area offers the best rewards. Null anoms on average make 90 mil/hr, the most used ship is the ishtar. High sec level 4s offer 100 to 120 depending on where you go and incursions 150 to 200.

I take issue with this claim. If you use the notes in the eve-survival mission briefings to look at quickest possible completion time for any particular mission and then just add them all together you are ignoring the fact that most mission runners don't have one of each of the Marauders, Pirate BS etc ready to go.

This sort of claim comes up semi-regularly in the Missions and Complexes forum where someone will say they can make xxx mill per hour and they always get shot down when they try to produce figures to back up theitr claims.

I do agree that you can make 50 - 70m per hour or more, consistently with a highly skilled player (say 100mill + SP) that is min-maxing and using faction standings to serial decline low payout missions.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#987 - 2014-01-17 22:52:45 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Bullshit.

Some do but yes the vast majority will only run for ISK. The 150 mill/hours is sustainable to a point. Your timezone will change it a bit and any potential wait time for fleet would too. But yeah it's pretty damn good ISK. People are not selling PLEX on the market to pay for those deadspace fit on their pirate BS.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#988 - 2014-01-17 22:55:38 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Bullshit.

Some do but yes the vast majority will only run for ISK. The 150 mill/hours is sustainable to a point. Your timezone will change it a bit and any potential wait time for fleet would too. But yeah it's pretty damn good ISK. People are not selling PLEX on the market to pay for those deadspace fit on their pirate BS.

Indeed.

Hence the *rolleyes* smiley at the end of my post. :)

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#989 - 2014-01-18 00:17:14 UTC
voetius wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

The graphs you are trying to use are useless in working out null income vs high. There is no detail or area breakdown which means you have no data that can be used to work anything out other than how much isk is sloshing about.

Please enlighten us with better data, not just your constant shooting down of any numbers that don't look the way you want them to.

Show your work, as others have here.

We have detailed records for rewards and time taken for every single mission and anomaly with the mission guides. We also have several detailed threads which have looked at mission, incursion and anoms and how much you can make in each.

It is insainly easy to take this info and work out which area offers the best rewards. Null anoms on average make 90 mil/hr, the most used ship is the ishtar. High sec level 4s offer 100 to 120 depending on where you go and incursions 150 to 200.

I take issue with this claim. If you use the notes in the eve-survival mission briefings to look at quickest possible completion time for any particular mission and then just add them all together you are ignoring the fact that most mission runners don't have one of each of the Marauders, Pirate BS etc ready to go.

This doesn't matter, no one is saying that some dude in a drake is making 100 mil an hour, we're saying it's possible with the right ships and skills.

Because it's possible, the balance with non-high sec pace is off. It wasn't always like that, it used to be hat if you wanted that kind of isk you went to null.

Quote:

This sort of claim comes up semi-regularly in the Missions and Complexes forum where someone will say they can make xxx mill per hour and they always get shot down when they try to produce figures to back up theitr claims.

I do agree that you can make 50 - 70m per hour or more, consistently with a highly skilled player (say 100mill + SP) that is min-maxing and using faction standings to serial decline low payout missions.

I don't have a 100mil sp toon. My mission runner has 62 mil sp
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#990 - 2014-01-18 00:35:50 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

This doesn't matter, no one is saying that some dude in a drake is making 100 mil an hour, we're saying it's possible with the right ships and skills.

Because it's possible, the balance with non-high sec pace is off. It wasn't always like that, it used to be hat if you wanted that kind of isk you went to null.

When would that have been the case? Even prior to incursions missions pretty much functioned the same and didn't have to deal with incursion LP potentially diluting LP returns for major faction LP stores. If missions are what people claim it hasn't been balanced any time in the last few years.

Also you missed the point of efficiencies he mentioned. It's not the guy with a drake, it's everyone who's not using the absolute best ship+fit for x mission and as such isn't making minimum times. that includes the guy with the drake, but certainly isn't limited to him by a long shot. Whether that really amount to a great deal I'm not sure, but it's a more relevant criticism regarding the method.
ZynnLee Akkori
Perkone
Caldari State
#991 - 2014-01-18 03:07:49 UTC
It seems like there are an awful lot of things that people do in Eve to make ISK is not fun. It's actually kinda sad that so many people *have* to grind out missions, incursions, whatever. I have to say, I really do wish CCP could find a way for us to make ISK by doing something we find FUN! Gankers are probably the closest to this goal. They have fun killing people in highsec who are unprepared for combat, and in return for the cost of a ship and security loss, they (presumably) get loot from the target ship they can sell. Maybe they don't even have to pay for the ship.

It would be nice if the other game activities could be equally fun and fiscally rewarding. It's why I have always been poor. I hate 'grinding' stuff so I will have money to go do something else.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#992 - 2014-01-18 05:16:58 UTC
My feeling is that any unneeded nerfing of high would lead to sub loss. I do feel that blitzing needs fixing, incursions need reworking but given anyone can make an alt to orbit low sec FW plex nodes or farm null sec riches it's unnecessary to touch traditional high sec income - it would be a mistake, as nerfing high PI was.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

blabla4711
Doomheim
#993 - 2014-01-18 05:39:45 UTC  |  Edited by: blabla4711
baltec1 wrote:

We have several times in this thread, but if you need it again I will dig them up when I get back tonight.

However, while you wait you can go look up this info on many of the mission guides which have handy info such as isk breakdowns and times

As expected .... nothing delivered and you have proven that youre simply an incompetent nullbear-crybaby and goon-shitposter. Lol

gd at its best. Bear

And please spare us the laughable bullshit to try to falsify the official numbers from ccp with some crap mission-runner or makeup goon-wiki-whatever websites you try to dig up with google.

And you dare to accuse other poster of lying .... Roll
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#994 - 2014-01-18 05:55:03 UTC
blabla4711 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

We have several times in this thread, but if you need it again I will dig them up when I get back tonight.

However, while you wait you can go look up this info on many of the mission guides which have handy info such as isk breakdowns and times

As expected .... nothing delivered and you have proven that youre simply an incompetent nullbear-crybaby and goon-shitposter. Lol

gd at its best. Bear

And please spare us the laughable bullshit to try to falsify the official numbers from ccp with some crap mission-runner or makeup goon-wiki-whatever websites you try to dig up with google.

Baltec is Goons equivalent of Muhammad Saeed Al-Sahaf. Like arguing with a wall.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#995 - 2014-01-18 07:25:21 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
blabla4711 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

gd at its best. Bear

I used the Uni Wiki, feel free to point out where I was wrong.

I am simply using simple in game numbers you can find just about anywhere so is it my fault you have no understanding of the basic info of this game?

You can go to EVE survival and find out how to blitz level 4 missions, a surprising amount of level 4 missions can be done in less than 5 minutes including travel times (a handful can be done in a minute). Funnily enough, Battleships are even faster at level 4s now than before thanks to warp speed changes and marauder buffs.
Diamond Zerg
Taking Solo Away.
#996 - 2014-01-18 07:48:46 UTC
*Starts 50 page threadnought.*
Original post is liked 4 times.
Hi.
blabla4711
Doomheim
#997 - 2014-01-18 08:18:20 UTC  |  Edited by: blabla4711
baltec1 wrote:

I used the Uni Wiki, feel free to point out where I was wrong.

You didnt used anything at all, pretended that you needed to get back home to give us some surprisingly data which you didnt while you still posted all day here.

Another very funny lie, shitposter. We provided links to data from ccp and you provide just one lie after another without any proof except "you know better". Lol
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#998 - 2014-01-18 08:23:52 UTC
blabla4711 wrote:

You didnt used anything at all, pretended that you needed to get back home to give us some surprisingly data which you didnt while you still posted all day here.

Another very funny lie, shitposter. We provided links to data from ccp and you provide just one lie after another without any proof except "you know better". Lol

So you are saying that EVE Uni is telling lies on their Wiki?

Are you also saying that EVE Survival is also making up everything on their mission guides?
blabla4711
Doomheim
#999 - 2014-01-18 08:28:36 UTC  |  Edited by: blabla4711
baltec1 wrote:
blabla4711 wrote:

So you are saying that EVE Uni is telling lies on their Wiki?

Are you also saying that EVE Survival is also making up everything on their mission guides?

You lied. And you promised to provide data to support your lies which you didnt do and cant, of course.

Poor tries to play the ball back to me. Go back playing with yourself, laughable liar. Lol
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1000 - 2014-01-18 08:33:51 UTC
blabla4711 wrote:

You lied. And you promised to provide data to support your lies which you didnt do and cant, of course.

Poor tries to play the ball back to me. Go back playing with yourself, laughable liar. Lol

EVE Survival has detailed info on every mission. EVE Uni has detailed info on incursions.

Are you saying that detailed info on these sites are lies?