These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Notorious Fellon
#961 - 2014-01-17 15:42:28 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

The graphs you are trying to use are useless in working out null income vs high. There is no detail or area breakdown which means you have no data that can be used to work anything out other than how much isk is sloshing about.

Please enlighten us with better data, not just your constant shooting down of any numbers that don't look the way you want them to.

Show your work, as others have here.

We have detailed records for rewards and time taken for every single mission and anomaly with the mission guides. We also have several detailed threads which have looked at mission, incursion and anoms and how much you can make in each.

It is insainly easy to take this info and work out which area offers the best rewards. Null anoms on average make 90 mil/hr, the most used ship is the ishtar. High sec level 4s offer 100 to 120 depending on where you go and incursions 150 to 200.

Do you have a link to these records? I would like to look them over.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#962 - 2014-01-17 15:43:25 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

The graphs you are trying to use are useless in working out null income vs high. There is no detail or area breakdown which means you have no data that can be used to work anything out other than how much isk is sloshing about.

Please enlighten us with better data, not just your constant shooting down of any numbers that don't look the way you want them to.

We have detailed records for rewards and time taken for every single mission and anomaly with the mission guides. We also have several detailed threads which have looked at mission, incursion and anoms and how much you can make in each.

It is insainly easy to take this info and work out which area offers the best rewards. Null anoms on average make 90 mil/hr, the most used ship is the ishtar. High sec level 4s offer 100 to 120 depending on where you go and incursions 150 to 200.

Except incursions are demonstrably not sustainable at your claimed 200/hr level. As shown by incursion income per month. Not to mention that at most 80 pilots per incursion can run HQ's.

Your figures are based on ideal situations in perfect situations that simply don't hold up over the scale of the true player base vs the few 'elite'
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#963 - 2014-01-17 15:44:48 UTC
Quote:
You are all obsessing over 'I can min max my isk/hr by doing 'this'.' With no consideration as to how sustainable that would be if everyone actually undertook that activity.

Considering which postion you have taken, I find this hilariously ironic.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#964 - 2014-01-17 15:54:21 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Do you have a link to these records? I would like to look them over.

Any good mission guide site will do. I will provide links when I get back home.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#965 - 2014-01-17 15:54:46 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

You mean the position which Null Sec demonstrably earns more income than high sec as PROVED by CCP's figures?
You can go on about individual isk/hr all you want, yet at the end of the day, Null earns more as an entity despite smaller population.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#966 - 2014-01-17 15:55:55 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Except incursions are demonstrably not sustainable at your claimed 200/hr level. As shown by incursion income per month. Not to mention that at most 80 pilots per incursion can run HQ's.

Your figures are based on ideal situations in perfect situations that simply don't hold up over the scale of the true player base vs the few 'elite'

150mil is sustainable

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#967 - 2014-01-17 15:56:41 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Then produce better overall analysis. Rather than simply asserting that your personal experience is both typical and repeatable, as well as scalable to a large extent. Yes, right now SoE LP is higher than I valued LP at. Yet if everyone ran SoE LP, it would be way lower. So, you have to work of an averaged value when working at the scale of New Eden's economy rather than individuals.

The ceiling for Sisters LP is super high because it's exploration equipment in a game that has been expanding exploration for the last several years. Wormholes blew sisters LP WAY up there and the new ships just added to that.

But SOE isn't the only high LP value corp out there, SOe and Thukker(trust partners) are the best but not the only.

Another 4-5000 mission runners (because that's about all null sec can manage generating only about 6-700 bil per day) isn't going to change very much, Lanngisi services at least a couple thousand mission runners per day by itself.

Quote:

You are all obsessing over 'I can min max my isk/hr by doing 'this'.' With no consideration as to how sustainable that would be if everyone actually undertook that activity.

SOE (among others) LP has maintained a value above 2000 isk/Lp for more than 5 years and the latest additions of the SOE ships made that LP MORE valuable despite Way more people doing these missions. The new Battleship is going to increase it's value even more. Damn right it's sustainable lol.

Quote:

The figures don't lie. Earning in Null Sec has been higher than earning in High Sec. On straight isk value. Even when including LP. And when including all the other products like moon goo, officer mods, Deadspace loot and PI, it's going to leave High Sec for dead.

Only if you don't understand the realities of the situation, which you do not. You do not calculate losses/overhead, effort, time constraints (people make isk in null for various reasons, sure if we all had all night to explore like Infinity Ziona we too could depend on the random number generator that dominates the high end rewards of null sec) and other aspects.

Again, do you think thousands of us who make our isk outside of null to fund our activities are all crazy or something, or do you think that your analysis is missing some very key elements?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#968 - 2014-01-17 15:57:55 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

You mean the position which Null Sec demonstrably earns more income than high sec as PROVED by CCP's figures?
You can go on about individual isk/hr all you want, yet at the end of the day, Null earns more as an entity despite smaller population.

No, the fact that you're talking about sustainability in an inherently subtractive method of income as compared to a multiplicative one.

That's the funny part.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#969 - 2014-01-17 15:59:50 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

What figures?

The one that shows total bounties with no info on where those bounties came from or the one that shows the number of NPC ships killed but no info on how much they were worth?
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#970 - 2014-01-17 16:03:15 UTC
Nope, I'm pretty sure my analysis has all the key elements. Which is why you all fight so hard to keep your precious null sec preserve to yourselves. I'm pretty sure CCP's does also which also agrees that Null Sec earns more isk than high.
As well as having better loot & PI.

Overheads & effort were deliberately not included as they are part of the risk/reward ratio as opposed to total earnings. If you want to complain the risk reward ratio is out, then we need to work out what an acceptable ratio is (Using CCP's standard measure of exponential difficulty/cost increase for linear reward increase which does say that risk should be massively higher for any significant reward increase). And exactly what you find acceptable, I may not, and what I find acceptable you may not.

So risk/reward is a totally separate argument from Null earning more. Which the figures back that it does. You have all provided no large scale figures to show that High earns more, and even your attempts to muddy the water by including LP which is a (Basically) high sec only reward while ignoring all the Null Sec only rewards still didn't change that fact.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#971 - 2014-01-17 16:04:48 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

"As an entitiy" Damn, i better get home so I can get my Entity check in the mail lol.

That's like saying the homeless guy living in the street is doing really well because America has a 17 trillion dollar economy lol.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#972 - 2014-01-17 16:07:22 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

"As an entitiy" Damn, i better get home so I can get my Entity check in the mail lol.

That's like saying the homeless guy living in the street is doing really well because America has a 17 trillion dollar economy lol.

Except you are trying to argue that 'High Sec' should be nerfed. So Null Sec should be treated the same way. As a single entity and analysed..... And guess what, it doesn't back your arguments when done like that. Rather than your typical cherry picking of perfect unsustainable unrealistic figures and pretending they are average.
You are all just getting mad because I've actually debunked the myth you have spent ages trying to persuade people is true. Not that most people actually believed you anyway.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#973 - 2014-01-17 16:08:58 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Nope, I'm pretty sure my analysis has all the key elements. Which is why you all fight so hard to keep your precious null sec preserve to yourselves.

ROFL.

Personally, my goal is to be able to get BACK to my precious null sec preserve. I run incursions and sister's missions to make the isk I blow doing other things, making that same isk in null would require more time effort and risk and detract from doing the fun things.

Time. Effort. Risk. Overhead costs. These things matter. you don't get that.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure CCP's does also which also agrees that Null Sec earns more isk than high.

Overheads & effort were deliberately not included as they are part of the risk/reward ratio as opposed to total earnings. If you want to complain the risk reward ratio is out, then we need to work out what an acceptable ratio is (Using CCP's standard measure of exponential difficulty/cost increase for linear reward increase which does say that risk should be massively higher for any significant reward increase). And exactly what you find acceptable, I may not, and what I find acceptable you may not.

So risk/reward is a totally separate argument from Null earning more. Which the figures back that it does. You have all provided no large scale figures to show that High earns more, and even your attempts to muddy the water by including LP which is a (Basically) high sec only reward while ignoring all the Null Sec only rewards still didn't change that fact.

You're hopeless. You're not even trying to understand what's being said to you.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#974 - 2014-01-17 16:11:05 UTC
Quote:
Nope, I'm pretty sure my analysis has all the key elements. Which is why you all fight so hard to keep your precious null sec preserve to yourselves.

I live in highsec. I'm not the one defending a golden goose here, bro.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#975 - 2014-01-17 16:15:54 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Except you are trying to argue that 'High Sec' should be nerfed. So Null Sec should be treated the same way. As a single entity and analysed..... And guess what, it doesn't back your arguments when done like that. Rather than your typical cherry picking of perfect unsustainable unrealistic figures and pretending they are average.
You are all just getting mad because I've actually debunked the myth you have spent ages trying to persuade people is true. Not that most people actually believed you anyway.

What i argue is that combat PVE in high sec (incursions, missions for certain crops) is way too good compared to comparable activities in null sec. And they are. YOU can test if for yourself instead if misinterpreting abstract incomplete date. This is what thousands of us are doing those things rather than spending more time in null.

i've never once asked for more rewards for what i do (my wallet is fine), i'm pointing out an imbalance that distorts the 'eco-system' of the game, because having people in null doing things (as was the case before the 1st systems upgrade nerf) made for a better game for all than having signifigant portions of this games 90k Sov alliance members running SOe missions in osmon or chasing sansha across high sec.

it isn't about moving high sec people to null or whatever conspiracy theory you people hold, it's about unchaining those of us who'd rather put high sec in our rear view from high sec in the 1st place.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#976 - 2014-01-17 16:18:12 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

ROFL.

Personally, my goal is to be able to get BACK to my precious null sec preserve. I run incursions and sister's missions to make the isk I blow doing other things, making that same isk in null would require more time effort and risk and detract from doing the fun things.

Time. Effort. Risk. Overhead costs. These things matter. you don't get that.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure CCP's does also which also agrees that Null Sec earns more isk than high.

You're hopeless. You're not even trying to understand what's being said to you.

Jenn, not to derail the thread here but I always found the L4 SOE agent in Gicodel was awesome. I got my SOE corp standing to 10.00 AND the SL agent is in that same station. Also another little tip: SOE SL missions increase Gallente rep by 60% of SOE standing gain and only lowers Caldari standing by 2.5%. So you can potentially have both Gallente and Caldari standings at Good or even Excellent. I doubt it matters to someone in Null but there it is anyway. Big smile

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Gallali Egidall
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#977 - 2014-01-17 16:22:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Gallali Egidall
Benny Ohu wrote:
Gallali Egidall wrote:
Does no one supporting that position understand real world economics?

the one where hiring a building and getting something manufactured in the middle of manhattan costs more than seventy cents and a stick of gum?

"nullsec gameplay should mostly involve your capsuleer dying of dysentery" - carebears, 2014

Based on this and the other posts you wrote after, you clearly do not understand basic economic principles. It costs more than the junk left in your pocket at the end of the day to manufacture in Eve. The game devs have chosen to weight most of the costs in raw materials and licensing (blueprints), but there are other non ISK-based costs as well.

Manufacturing in high sec HAS to be easy and effective because the vast majority of items used in-game are player manufactured. If there isn't a stable and efficient way to manufacture, the entire economy will collapse. Manufacturing in High Sec is the "low risk and low reward" version of the activity.

in Null Sec, the availability of restricted resources (copy/research slots, raw materials, fuel, etc) are more plentiful and "cheaper". There are logistics issues to moving materials around which correlate to one part of Null Sec risk. In the real world, manufacturing has shifted from Europe and the United States to Asia (away from the highest concentration of consumer demand). This is because, if the local political situation is reasonably stable (ie: not run by warlords and pirates), it's cheaper and more efficient to manufacture things on a global scale in areas with a low cost of living and move them a great distance to the areas of greatest demand, rather than manufacture in small local industrial zones where the cost of living is very high.

However, in order to support that economic model (which again, is a GLOBAL model, not a model for one single product or industrialist), the local political structure in the remote, low-cost areas cannot be unstable. The territories CANNOT be controlled by warlords and pirates. If the territories are controlled by warlords and pirates, it's too expensive to manufacture there on anything but a single-group/micro-economy scale.

In Eve, Null is run by Somali Pirates. Don't like that analogy? How about Congolese warlords? Want another one? The gangs of Papua New Guinea. Null's not just "less than perfectly safe"...the entire zone is politically unstable. People are shot on sight for not being the right color or member of the "right group". That "right group" often includes "not being an industrialist".

Here is the part where people who understand economics also understand that High Sec is low risk and low reward. Manufacturing in high sec costs more than manufacturing in Null, when you factor in the costs of raw materials and other restricted resources.

Manufacturing in Null is cheaper, but the burden of risk is on the Null residents. It's cheaper to manufacture in Null, but you have to dodge the angry "shoot on sight" pirate/warlord/gang residents, as well as the day-trippers slumming and looking for a fight, to collect your resources and bring your cheap goods to market. IF you succeed, you're rewarded with a higher percentage of profit than an entirely High Sec-based industrialist. IF you fail, well, that's the "risk'.

"Risk vs Reward" does not mean "more reward across the board for all residents in Null for every facet of Eve activity because Null is inherently risky". It means that because you live in Null it's HARDER (and riskier) to do "stuff". But, if you accomplish your "stuff"...then you're rewarded with more ISK (or the same numeric ISK value but a higher percentage of profit) than people in High Sec.

Solutions: Petition the Devs for a quick and efficient way to mine in Null. Maybe something like a PI extractor that spits out minerals. Make it easier to guard than a whole defensive fleet guarding a whole mining fleet.

Petition the Devs for something like Cyno transport, but that lets Null residents carry goods to High Sec market and dodge the other Null residents. Be prepared for this new shiny toy to be blown up by CONCORD if you use it to transport gankers into High Sec.

tl; dr: Manufacturing in High Sec is already low risk and low reward. The solution to creating a null industrial base is to ask for ways to reduce the manufacturing risk in Null Sec, not demand that High Sec industry be gutted.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#978 - 2014-01-17 16:26:56 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Jenn, not to derail the thread here but I always found the L4 SOE agent in Gicodel was awesome. I got my SOE corp standing to 10.00 AND the SL agent is in that same station. Also another little tip: SOE SL missions increase Gallente rep by 60% of SOE standing gain and only lowers Caldari standing by 2.5%. So you can potentially have both Gallente and Caldari standings at Good or even Excellent. I doubt it matters to someone in Null but there it is anyway. Big smile

erm...ok?

No but really, I started using the Gicodel Agent in 2008, back when you would get combat missions from it. I don't mess with story line missions unless it's the one that gives that 150 mil hardwiring or if I deplete my standings enough from rejecting crap missions. I was one of the guys hoarding the holy hell out of Sisters LP when CCP announced how the new space (wormholes) was going to work (ie you needed probes to find your way in and out of them lol).

I do miss Gicodel, Osmon is cool but having an agent in caldari space whose storylines trash caldari standings....not so good lol. no one was more happy to see the Lanngisi agent made lvl 4 than i was.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#979 - 2014-01-17 16:39:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Dinsdale Pirannha
baltec1 wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

150mil is sustainable

Bullshit.
Plain and simple, bullshit.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#980 - 2014-01-17 17:05:32 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Bullshit.
Plain and simple, bullshit.

Yeah, all those guys doing incursions are doing it because it's fun. Roll

Best Meltdown Ever.