These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Pipa Porto
#381 - 2014-01-12 09:34:20 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
I am by no means the most knowledgeable person in game. That being said, can it be said that W-Space is as profitable as it is because they have something that no other space has? Sleeper tech?

Guess where T3 production happens.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#382 - 2014-01-12 09:35:25 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Deunan Tenephais wrote:

Oh please, don't play coy, both sides do it.
We are posting in a thread where the very first post is made of total sycophantry toward nerfing highsec security/income, pretending for a kind of better-ever-after if it happens.

And about increasing highsec security through years, CCP did that to try to better the players' retention rate, not because some entitlement minded people were moaning that they wanted Simcity In Space.

On a personnal level, what I would like to see happen is for concord intervention mechanisms to now have 2 phases:
-a battle detection phase during which there is a X% chance per each tick of a yet to be determined span of time for concord detectors to notice the fight happening, the percentage being directly proportionnal to the security rating of the system;
-the intervention phase proper, more or less as it is now.

It would make it more realistic, cops need to know there is an agression before stopping it.

I've always said, the biggest flaw in EVE is the hard-set "walls". 0.5 to 0.4 is a huge mental step to take. 0.1 to 0.0 is another, but not as large.

The easy fix I've proposed, have concord response be a percentage scaled to the system you are in. 1.0=100% response, 0.9=90%, and on down the line. Tear down the "Berlin Wall" separating high and low, and let people choose what level of "protection" they are willing to live with.

Hell, throw some skills into it, even. Good guys can have a "fast response" skill, upping the arrival percentage, making it more risky to attack em. Bad doods can have a "evasion" skill, lowering percent chance of response. Maybe even toss in some ship, implant, and/or modules that change those percentages too.

It almost fits RL police, in a way. In the nice rich neighborhoods, the 5-0 show up for any call from grandma. They ain't stopping for jaywalkers in the slums though.

I don't hate this idea and think you should actually take it to F&I. I think it bears some discussion of its own.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

TharOkha
0asis Group
#383 - 2014-01-12 09:35:56 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
TharOkha wrote:

I agree. And if you read my previous posts carefully, i support the idea that hi sec slots should be significantly more expensive as those in low/null. And that sov outposts should be superior to hisec stations.

My reaction is mainly against the complains that hisec industry is much easier in logistic and haul than in null. Which cannot be changed as far as hisec is well supplied EVE trade hub.

I'm not aware of any suggestion that it should be, only that it be taken into account when the balancing calculations are made.

This thread has now 20 pages. Search more deeper.

for example
post no.275 bottom sentence
Dave Stark
#384 - 2014-01-12 09:40:12 UTC
blabla4711 wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

the topic; please stay on it.

What was the topic again? Ah, yes. Nerf HiSec (89%) because they dont care about my playstyle (11%) but i cry to the forums about theirs.

Right on spot.

for some one who uses "crying" a lot, most of the tears seem to be yours.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#385 - 2014-01-12 09:41:22 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
I am by no means the most knowledgeable person in game. That being said, can it be said that W-Space is as profitable as it is because they have something that no other space has? Sleeper tech?

Well, I think it's fairly agreed on that POS production is terrible. That's true no matter what area of space you live in. And everyone wants CCP to fix/replace POS'es somehow to make them work.
That's entirely a different question from Outposts vs Highsec stations. Which the numbers say are now decent.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#386 - 2014-01-12 09:42:01 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

High sec. And so what?

Does that mean that those living in Bobspace are risking less than those living in Null?

If the problem that you are describing affects everyone outside of HS, then where are the WH explorers bitching about their lack of reward? What does Bobspace have that Null doesn't? Or what additional risks does Null have that are not present in WH?

Can anyone point me to a thread wherein a bunch of WH people are bitching about where they have to go to produce their goods because of the impossibility of competing given the risks they take?

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#387 - 2014-01-12 09:44:03 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I point you to the highlighted text in your quote. The defeatism is truly counterproductive.

Is there any resource or technology that Null has that is not being utilized but is instead being carted up to HS, via a logistical nightmare, to be sold for ISK?

How is it that Null is banging their fists on the table and WH denizens just do their thing without a care for what is happening here? Is W-space any less of a challenge?

Moon goo and WH resources have nothing to do with what is being discussed here.

Production of ships, mods and ammo in both WH and Null cannot compete with high sec. Not only do we lack the slots needed but we also incur costs that makes it impossible to beat high sec on price. It is simply cheaper to import the finished goods from a high sec market.

blabla4711
Doomheim
#388 - 2014-01-12 09:45:13 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
blabla4711 wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

What was the topic again? Ah, yes. Nerf HiSec (89%) because they dont care about my playstyle (11%) but i cry to the forums about theirs.

Right on spot.

I thought, you wanted to stay on topic. Nice try, tough cookie. Lol
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#389 - 2014-01-12 09:49:31 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I point you to the highlighted text in your quote. The defeatism is truly counterproductive.

Is there any resource or technology that Null has that is not being utilized but is instead being carted up to HS, via a logistical nightmare, to be sold for ISK?

How is it that Null is banging their fists on the table and WH denizens just do their thing without a care for what is happening here? Is W-space any less of a challenge?

Moon goo and WH resources have nothing to do with what is being discussed here.

Production of ships, mods and ammo in both WH and Null cannot compete with high sec. Not only do we lack the slots needed but we also incur costs that makes it impossible to beat high sec on price. It is simply cheaper to import the finished goods from a high sec market.

And yet I've literally seen no one from W-Space weighing in about how unfair and unbalanced this is. Why do you suppose that is?

Leeloo Alizee
Orion Constellation Inc.
#390 - 2014-01-12 09:50:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Leeloo Alizee
Hisec ppl will quit.. Puting to sleep 2 out of 3 acc aniway, hisec IS nerfed already.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#391 - 2014-01-12 09:52:52 UTC
Leeloo Alizee wrote:
Hisec ppl will quit.. Puting to sleep 2 out of 3 acc aniway, hisec IS nerfed already.

Got any evidence to back up those two claims?
Dave Stark
#392 - 2014-01-12 09:55:31 UTC
blabla4711 wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
blabla4711 wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

Right on spot.

I thought, you wanted to stay on topic. Nice try, tough cookie. Lol

i did. you were unwilling to participate and decided to carry on throwing your rattles out of the pram.
blabla4711
Doomheim
#393 - 2014-01-12 09:56:28 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Leeloo Alizee wrote:

What evidence? You tell us your fairy tales without any evidence ever. Youre in no position to demand evidence from anyone.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#394 - 2014-01-12 09:57:24 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

And yet I've literally seen no one from W-Space weighing in about how unfair and unbalanced this is. Why do you suppose that is?

They have, many times in many of these threads over the years. Tell me, why should they be forced to export their resources, to build their things in empire and then export them back for use?

Why should they be forced to import everything from ships to ammo and drones because they are unable to build these things where they live?

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#395 - 2014-01-12 09:59:49 UTC
blabla4711 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Leeloo Alizee wrote:

What evidence? You tell us your fairy tales without any evidence ever. Youre in no position to demand evidence from anyone.

A simple check on dotlan shows the lack of slots in null and WH. Simple maths allows us to see that building in high sec has much lower costs than in null and WH space.

You lot say people will leave if we nerf anything in high sec. Prove it.

The above person said high sec was already nerfed. Prove it.
TharOkha
0asis Group
#396 - 2014-01-12 10:00:03 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

Right now null sec is the worse option for industry and for isk making activities high sec and null are at best on par with each other if we ignore high sec incursions.

We are supposed to be getting more reward for more risk but over the years the best reward has shifted to high sec. The reasons are many and it was a long time in the making but its where we stand today.

Then i wonder why nullsec renting programs are so popular. Why all those hisec carebears are willing to pay billions per shaitty systems and willing to move to null instead of staying in hisec.

Why nullsec renting programs generating hundreds of billions isk to large coalitions?

This pure facts simply negate your biased claims that nullsec sucks.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#397 - 2014-01-12 10:02:30 UTC
TharOkha wrote:

Then i wonder why nullsec renting programs are so popular. Why all those hisec carebears are willing to pay billions per shaitty systems and willing to move to null instead of staying in hisec.

Why nullsec renting programs generating hundreds of billions isk to large coalitions?

This pure facts simply negate your biased claims that nullsec sucks.

They are out here for more reasons than isk and some do think that you earn more in null.

Tell me, if null earns people more why do 80% of bots live in high sec?
blabla4711
Doomheim
#398 - 2014-01-12 10:07:11 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

They are out here for more reasons than isk and some do think that you earn more in null.

Aaand another one .... prove your fairy tales before your demand proves from others.

Remember .... you were the one who said in public that he posts bs on this forum to prevent ccp from patching something to your disadvantage.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#399 - 2014-01-12 10:10:42 UTC
blabla4711 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Aaand another one .... prove your fairy tales before your demand proves from others.

Remember .... you were the one who said in public that he posts bs on this forum to prevent ccp from patching something to your disadvantage.

Please find this quote where I said that.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#400 - 2014-01-12 10:11:18 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
They have, many times in many of these threads over the years. Tell me, why should they be forced to export their resources, to build their things in empire and then export them back for use?

Perhaps then I am not looking hard enough. Citation please. Can you please point me to the thread where Bobspace residents toss out upwards of a hundred pages of complaints referencing the impossibility of them to compete with high sec. And when we're discussing "competing" are we talking about relative ISK gained based on risk or are we talking the static number of possible production/research slots?

Based on my limited knowledge, these wormhole guys are making out just fine. Additionally, their relative ISK gain based on their risk is very competitive.

Of course, they also don't have to deal with drone assist, supercapital, subcap blob asshattery. But isn't that part of the reason that NS residents LIVE in NS? To be a part of that "real" Eve?

You made a choice, you get the play the "real" game you wanted to play. Damn those consequences!