These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2881 - 2014-02-08 21:35:40 UTC
So I see that because the high sec bears have lost the isk/hr argument they have now moved onto all of the old arguments of "forcing me ito null".

We dont care where you chose to live, what we want is for null anoms to be worth doing.
Z'zauoe Euopaeqorua
Doomheim
#2882 - 2014-02-08 21:39:06 UTC
Game might lose few sims build your own space POS type of players, but I think it would gain more people who like action.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#2883 - 2014-02-08 22:12:01 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
So I see that because the high sec bears have lost the isk/hr argument they have now moved onto all of the old arguments of "forcing me ito null".

We dont care where you chose to live, what we want is for null anoms to be worth doing.

There was only ever one argument. The one you are trying to have with CCP after they corrected the payouts in null. But they're not biting and the rest of us are just pointing out what fools you are.

Mr Epeen Cool
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2884 - 2014-02-08 22:22:12 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

There was only ever one argument. The one you are trying to have with CCP after they corrected the payouts in null. But they're not biting and the rest of us are just pointing out what fools you are.

Mr Epeen Cool

No, you're claiming that they want to drive people into null so they can kill them.

Which is pretty much disqualified by your statement above, so which is it?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Good Posting
Doomheim
#2885 - 2014-02-08 22:23:38 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
what we want is for null anoms to be worth doing.

Naga + old guristas forsaken hubs were a great source of income. Do you know why ccp added frigates? I'm just asking.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#2886 - 2014-02-08 22:38:01 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

No, you're claiming that they want to drive people into null so they can kill them.

Which is pretty much disqualified by your statement above, so which is it?
Kaarous pls

Mr Epeen Cool
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2887 - 2014-02-08 22:39:01 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Kaarous pls

Mr Epeen Cool

Are you going to say that every time I point out that you're acting like a fool?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#2888 - 2014-02-08 22:40:19 UTC  |  Edited by: E-2C Hawkeye
La Nariz wrote:
Guttripper wrote:
144 page thread and I have yet to see a blue tag attached to this thread. Safe to assume CCP does not see an issue with any of the imbalances people here are presenting for right or wrong? Even with an economist on their staff, apparently the faucets, rewards, risks, sinks, and any other choice words people use must all gel into a form CCP finds acceptable.

I think CCP is trying to avoid a topic as polarized as this. It'd be nice to know what CCP thinks of this though.

It doesnt seem to me they avoided anything. They nerfed null-sec. Even with the nerf like you I am not leaving null to go live in hi-sec. Why? Because the iskies are in Null.

Yes isk can be made in hi-sec..just not as much for the same effort and hi-sec is boring.

Once more no one is stopping me or you or anyone else from playing in amy part of the sandbox.

You guys are like bastard cats that want to live in your very own CCP built sand castles with all the amenities except a toilet..... for that you want to go take your shat in someone else part of the sandbox.
ashley Eoner
#2889 - 2014-02-08 22:41:40 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
admiral root wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
So by that logic we would also include trading in all the empire market hubs as part of that income. In which case there is still an imbalance overall.

If you see it as an "imbalance" that people trade in Jita, I'm not sure what to tell you.

At this point I think you have lost your grips on the term "balance."

That's not what he said.

He said more people trade in Highsec, and it's thus imbalanced.

So yes, he did say that.

What he said was that if YOU want to compare EVERY nullsec activity to EVERY highsec activity in terms of ISK/hr, then there is still an imbalance.

Again why we segmented the activities out.

Now that we've established this imbalance, what do you suggest be done to resolve it?

This is a problem created by the players. There's a LOT of isk made in nullsec when you add up all the sources of revenue. It's just the leaders of the various alliances have decided that most of those sources of revenue are going to be spent on wars. Being able to fight in those wars is part of the benefits of being in nullsec that you don't get in highsec (also bigger ships and other things). If they increase nullsec income it'll just be gobbled up by the corps to feed their war machine.

That's why the only way I can think of increasing individual income is via a LP mechanic. That way you create a source of extra income without making it a faucet and in the process of redeeming the LP you end up with an added sink. The sink aspect of LP is probably why CCP doesn't seem to worried about blitzers because they see blitzers as a strong sink. Since they aren't collecting much in bounties when they do it right.

Otherwise I'm participating in a NERF HIGHSEC BECAUSE TEH GRASS MIGHT BE GREENER IN SOME ASPECT!! thread.

I've been too committed to work and school to play much this week so I haven't gotten any testing in.
E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#2890 - 2014-02-08 22:44:56 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Lol this sums it up spot on.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2891 - 2014-02-08 22:47:04 UTC
Good Posting wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Naga + old guristas forsaken hubs were a great source of income. Do you know why ccp added frigates? I'm just asking.

Give me a reason to run anoms for 70 mil when I can run high sec level 4s for over 100 mil.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2892 - 2014-02-08 22:49:02 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

So true.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2893 - 2014-02-08 22:52:17 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Give me a reason to run anoms for 70 mil when I can run high sec level 4s for over 100 mil.

"Grr Goons!" is the only reason I can think of.

That, and enough of the highsec forum warriors have been able to defend their golden goose over the years.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Good Posting
Doomheim
#2894 - 2014-02-08 22:56:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Good Posting
baltec1 wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

First, i don't live in hi sec and i don't care how much money they can make, so i don't know the answer for that. If that is true, i still prefer to live where i am.

Second, i asked a simple question because i'm curious, nothing more.

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

I never said grr goons basically because i don't care how others play eve. I simply play my game.
Another good reason is because i was in grr goons before being a lone wolf, so i find your comment a bit stupid. Youare a good forum parrot tho.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2895 - 2014-02-08 23:00:30 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Because then you have one less pilot in nullsec where you need it in case something happens. More pilots are always better. You can fly a wider variety of ships, you can use them to scout, etc.

At best you could use a jump clone, but those have a timer. It's always better to have pilots on hand.
E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#2896 - 2014-02-08 23:01:43 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

That, and enough of the highsec forum warriors have been able to defend their golden goose over the years.

LOL I am not defending anything except maybe not wanting to see the game ruined by forum trolls who think they cant be wrong and think they know whats best for everyone including CCP.

I live in null and earn in null but I can see that no of us here are qualified to say what should or should not be done to the EVE economy because none of us have access to the tools or the data CCP use.

Most of all those people arguing only to prove they cant be wrong.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2897 - 2014-02-08 23:04:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
ashley Eoner wrote:
That's why the only way I can think of increasing individual income is via a LP mechanic. That way you create a source of extra income without making it a faucet and in the process of redeeming the LP you end up with an added sink. The sink aspect of LP is probably why CCP doesn't seem to worried about blitzers because they see blitzers as a strong sink. Since they aren't collecting much in bounties when they do it right.

This is precisely what I've been advocating. I also agree with La Nariz that if implemented it should be CONCORD LP so that the most lucrative items are available.

I'd also like to get more info from Mara Rinn about his idea of making LP items via NullSec industry. Based on this discussion as a whole it would seem they need some help in that regard as well and I'm curious what benefit that would be to make NullSec more livable for individual line members/grunts.

Also Ashley as far as the working thing - we do what we have to do so we can do what we want to do. Big smile

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2898 - 2014-02-08 23:07:52 UTC
Good Posting wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

First, i don't live in hi sec and i don't care how much money they can make, so i don't know the answer for that. If that is true, i still prefer to live where i am.

Second, i asked a simple question because i'm curious, nothing more.

The latest nerf was to try and get us to use the ESS. Its failed and made a bad situation even worse.

The fact that high sec is more rewarding that the likes of null is very bad for this game. So again, where is the logic in having the best isk/hr pve in the safest area of space?
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#2899 - 2014-02-08 23:11:56 UTC
CCP seriously nerfed salvaging - we got over it.
CCP seriously nerfed data core farming - we got over it.

But one little nerf to one little thing in null and all hell breaks loose.

Aich tee eff you and get over it.

Mr Epeen Cool
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2900 - 2014-02-08 23:12:21 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Good Posting wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Because then you have one less pilot in nullsec where you need it in case something happens. More pilots are always better. You can fly a wider variety of ships, you can use them to scout, etc.

At best you could use a jump clone, but those have a timer. It's always better to have pilots on hand.

We use an alt. Our mains never leave null.

So there is no reason at all to run anoms over high sec level 4s.