These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2741 - 2014-02-08 14:49:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Pinky Hops
Tippia wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
Hell me more about how shooting red squares is the only way of making ISK.
…which of course, he didn't say.
Why do you keep editing other people's arguments?

He said that what I said was wrong -- and what I said was a sarcastic counter to La Nfghidfg explaining that there are a hell of a lot more ways to make ISK than missions and ratting....And comparing only those two things, and looking at nothing else, is not only hilariously deceptive, but ignorant as well.

So, by saying it was "horseshit" -- he's saying that the only way to make ISK in this game is to shoot squares and run missions.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2742 - 2014-02-08 14:52:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
Pinky Hops wrote:
No, it became an evaluation of income. "Personal income" is a twist and doesn't really mean anything. Personal income as opposed to what? Group income?

Personal income in NullSec as opposed to personal income in HighSec.

Pinky Hops wrote:
It's just a way of arbitrarily deleting certain revenue streams from "counting." For instance, suddenly moons don't "count." because moons are not "personal income."

I don't see comparing NullSec anoms and HighSec L4s as arbitrarily deleting anything. As I explained to Notorious Fellon earlier in the thread, when he felt that PI income should be included in the total personal income:

Kimmi Chan wrote:
So while the PI cooks, should a NullSec line member run anoms for 70m/hr in flat bounties OR blitz level 4 missions for Mission Rewards, Time Bonus rewards, Bounties, and LP (which for SOE is valued at 2,301 ISK/LP)?

The argument being made here is not "nerf HIghSec just because..." It's "We can't buff NullSec because of faucet but in order to put it in line with Risk : Reward, something's gotta give".

Pinky Hops wrote:
Of course coalitions play a part in it. Coalitions hold nearly all the sov in the entire game

What effect does that have on personal income and please provide the data to support that relevancy.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2743 - 2014-02-08 14:54:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
Quote:
Let's say hypothetically nullsec manufacturing was heavily buffed. Now all of the sudden if I want to participate in that sandbox, I am essentially forced to join one of the large coalitions.

Couple of issues with this. First, hypoteticals invite too much assumption and speculation. They are useful for imagining what could be but not neccessarily useful for what is.

Second, why? Buffing NullSec industry does not force anyone to do anything. If highsec industry is nerfed that still does not force anything upon you. It only makes the activity less lucrative.

Additionally, and I surmise this is what Tippia was talking about with tangents, we are not talking about industry, at least we haven't for almost 100 pages.

Pinky Hops wrote:
What else would be an option? NPC Null is awful. Start my own corp and just go take sov? You need thousands of players to do that these days.

It's been done before. It can be done again. People also do live in NPC Null yea?

Pinky wrote:
Now what about more standard things, like ratting? Do you think having the ability to dock up helps you to do that more efficiently? Who gets to dock up in null?

This just looks like a lot of saying nothing. Almost just outrage. There is no assertion or thesis here and even if there were you have not provided any data to support the non assertion.

Which brings us to...

Pinky Hops wrote:
In before you claim my logical conclusions are "baseless"

Any claim without supporting data is baseless. If you are basing your logical conclusions on something rather than actual data how can others be expected to follow your logical conclusions?

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2744 - 2014-02-08 14:54:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Pinky Hops
Kimmi Chan wrote:
What effect does that have on personal income and please provide the data to support that relevancy.

I explained that in the post you just quoted.

You can't even dock up in null without sov. If you think doesn't have an effect on income, you are insane. And that's just one of the effects.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2745 - 2014-02-08 14:56:18 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
He said that what I said was wrong
So why did you edit his argument?

Quote:
So, by saying it was "horseshit" -- he's saying that the only way to make ISK in this game is to shoot squares and run missions.
No, that's just you inventing things. By saying it was “horeshit”, he's saying that missions and LP can be considered standards of income balance. Since, by the last official count, more than one third of the characters in game ran missions, that's not a particularly odd or unreasonable stance to have.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2746 - 2014-02-08 14:56:35 UTC
This thread now appears to be about attempting to teach Pinky to not have selective reading comprehension bias.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2747 - 2014-02-08 14:58:26 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
He said that what I said was wrong
So why did you edit his argument?

Quote:
No, that's just you inventing things. By saying it was “horeshit”, he's saying that missions and LP can be considered standards of income balance. Since, by the last official count, more than one third of the characters in game ran missions, that's not a particularly odd or unreasonable stance to have.

"Can be considered standards"

By who? You? That's incredibly subjective. Also -- somewhat surprising.

Maybe they are your standard ,but they certainly aren't mine.

This whole thread is like a group therapy session of the poorest players in null complaining that they can't make enough ISK.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2748 - 2014-02-08 15:00:33 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:

By who?
Anyone. If you don't think that an activity that more than one third of the characters engage in can be considered a standard, then you are insane.

Why did you edit his argument?
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#2749 - 2014-02-08 15:00:36 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
horseshit

Tell me more about how shooting red squares is the only way of making ISK.

Hint: this is why you are poor.

more fallacious reasoning from 'i don't know what an argument is' pinky hops
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#2750 - 2014-02-08 15:01:26 UTC
Tippia wrote:
By saying it was “horeshit”, he's saying that missions and LP can be considered standards of income balance

i was actually describing the post Oops
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2751 - 2014-02-08 15:03:21 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Tippia wrote:
By saying it was “horeshit”, he's saying that missions and LP can be considered standards of income balance

i was actually describing the post Oops

Fair enough. His strawman remains regardless, which is what matters.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2752 - 2014-02-08 15:03:36 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
horseshit

Tell me more about how shooting red squares is the only way of making ISK.

Hint: this is why you are poor.

more fallacious reasoning from 'i don't know what an argument is' pinky hops

So you say my post is wrong, but you can't explain why, then I make fun of you for it, and I'm the one who can't argue.

This thread is awesome. Big smile
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2753 - 2014-02-08 15:04:55 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:

By who?
Anyone. If you don't think that an activity that more than one third of the characters engage in can be considered a standard, then you are insane.

Plenty of people flip burgers for a living as well, but I don't think anybody considers it to be a standard of income.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2754 - 2014-02-08 15:05:55 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:

By who?

Plenty of people flip burgers for a living as well, but I don't think anybody considers it to be a standard of income.

*the* standard of income, no.

*a* standard of income, yes.

Duh.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2755 - 2014-02-08 15:05:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
Pinky Hops wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I explained that in the post you just quoted.

You can't even dock up in null without sov. If you think doesn't have an effect on income, you are insane. And that's just one of the effects.

Pinky, I think your missing the driver behind this discussion.

People live in Null.

These people, not people living in highsec but the people living in Null, are making their PVE income in HighSec because that is more lucrative than making money (again through PVE) in NullSec. The data that has been provided supports this claim.

These people want a reason to make PVE money in NullSec.

Bolded, italicized, etc for emphasis.

The people who want to make their money in NullSec can, in fact, dock in the station. They own the station.

The idea of nerfing HighSec PVE income is not a masterplan to screw over those other guys because reasons. They simply want to be able to live in Null and stay in Null. In fact, I've gone on record to suggest that nerfing highsec will not necessarily get them the results they are looking for. Buffing nullsec (with more LP) I believe does. Think of a highsec without Nullsec residents in it... They're all in NulSec making ISK hand over fist and leaving highsec alone. Win win win as far as I'm concerned.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2756 - 2014-02-08 15:08:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Pinky Hops wrote:
It is a standard of income. It's such a standard that it even has something akin to an official and universally known name: “minimum wage”.

By the way, why did you edit his argument?
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2757 - 2014-02-08 15:10:38 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
They simply want to be able to live in Null and stay in Null.

The game is designed to not allow this to happen, and this is the crux of your argument - so I might as well attack it directly.

No single area of the game (highsec, lowsec, nullsec, wormholes) has every resource.

This is deliberate, to prevent you from being able to live in any one place, and forcing trade and travel between regions.

CCP will never allow everything to be gathered in one place for a self sufficient ecosystem. So if this is the goal, you might as well give up on it now, because it will not happen.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#2758 - 2014-02-08 15:11:39 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:

i just want to make this clear

i'm not arguing with you, i'm openly mocking you
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2759 - 2014-02-08 15:12:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Pinky Hops
Benny Ohu wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:

i just want to make this clear

i'm not arguing with you, i'm openly mocking you

If I said I was doing the same to you (along with all the other gigantic crybabies in this thread) - would that make you feel better?

"wahhh, i live in null therefore i should be able to make every single ship at my station at half cost and every rat should drop a bajillion isk and there aren't enough rainbow ponies"
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2760 - 2014-02-08 15:14:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Pinky Hops wrote:
The game is designed to not allow this to happen
…and that is the problem, since the stated goal is that the game is supposed to allow it.
The fact that it doesn't right now is the imbalance that is in dire need of a fix.