These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2661 - 2014-02-07 20:21:52 UTC
Valandria Olgidar wrote:

yes of course

but if this imbalance you see will be removed, it means that the games turns more in the direction you want right?

I want the game to be balanced so yes. Its not just seeing either, there is data showing it exists.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2662 - 2014-02-07 20:23:46 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:

For who? You? The 3 - 4 other people in this thread?

In fact, you're probably an alt one of the other crap posters repeatedly in this thread.

Having 3 - 4 alts and repeatedly bumping a thread doesn't turn this into a controversy of some kind. It just demonstrates you have enough free time to continuously bump a terrible thread until it is 130 pages long.

Most people I know would much rather see the sov system become fixed, rather than some lame/pathetic attempt to "balance" highsec with nullsec.

You didn't make an argument so I take this as you agreeing there is an imbalance that needs to be fixed.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2663 - 2014-02-07 20:24:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
To answer the question of the OP...what would happen if CCP nerfed hi-sec. Goonies would get precisely what they are campaining for.
What makes you think that “Goonies” are campaigning for it, especially considering how few goons are expressing any opinion at all?

And even if they do, so what?

Pinky Hops wrote:
Most people I know would much rather see the sov system become fixed, rather than some lame/pathetic attempt to "balance" highsec with nullsec.
Categorical thinking is bad for you.
Most people you know would much rather see the sov system being fixed and an almost equally important attempt at balancing highsec with nullsec. After all, just because some idiots keep crowing about how nullseccers want to force everyone into null doesn't mean that there is no imbalance. The reality of the situation is pretty much the opposite of what those people claim: that the current system forces everyone into highsec and what the nullseccers actually want is simply to not be forced that way…

So La Nariz is actually wrong about one thing: there are people who are telling you how to play the game and what play styles are valid. They're pretty much exclusively highseccers who can't separate “nullseccers don't want to be mechanically forced into high” from “nullseccers want to mecahnically force everyone out of high”. The former is what's happening; the latter is paranoid delusions.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2664 - 2014-02-07 20:25:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Pinky Hops
La Nariz wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:

In fact, you're probably an alt one of the other crap posters repeatedly in this thread.

Having 3 - 4 alts and repeatedly bumping a thread doesn't turn this into a controversy of some kind. It just demonstrates you have enough free time to continuously bump a terrible thread until it is 130 pages long.

You didn't make an argument so I take this as you agreeing there is an imbalance that needs to be fixed.

I disagreed that it "affects the way people play" in any way, major or minor.

Basically, check the first sentence.

Also known as: read better.

This statement:

Quote:
Only that an imbalance is impacting nullsec play styles and that we want it fixed.

Unsubstantiated nonsense. Who is "we" - the 3 - 4 other people in the thread? Some of which are probably your own alts? Roll
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2665 - 2014-02-07 20:29:29 UTC  |  Edited by: La Nariz
Pinky Hops wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:

I disagreed that it "affects the way people play" in any way, major or minor.

Basically, check the first sentence.

Also known as: read better.

The first sentence fragments have no argument.

Pinky Hops wrote:

Unsubstantiated nonsense. Who is "we" - the 3 - 4 other people in the thread? Some of which are probably your own alts? Roll

Do you have an argument or thing you do other than say we're wrong without providing any support?

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#2666 - 2014-02-07 20:32:40 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
No one is telling you how to play the game or what play styles are valid. Only that an imbalance is impacting nullsec play styles and that we want it fixed.

First of all, let me thank you for the bump. keeping this horrible thread on the front page is taxing, I almost had to log in my alts Chribba and Mittani to keep it going.

Secondly, we're talking about an imbalance that has some nasty affects on the game, not the least of which is "null sec is only good for gudfights and renting" and also the problem of high sec alts for income. The imbalance came about because CCP hasn't tended to take a "holistic" development approach to combat pve and individual income despite their state desire to see null sec income be more "bottom up" than top down.

Sure, CCP nerfed moon goo and that was good but they've done nothing since Dominion to make null sec a place people want to both "live" and play in, which is why the renting phenomenon has taken hold. People should be fighting over null not renting it out, but that won't happen as long as 2/3rds or more of null is a desert when it comes to individual income potential (and high sec offers multiple easier and safer routes to make in game money).

The reason you see some of us saying nerf high (instead of buff null) is because we saw what happened when CCP tried to buff null wit the original systems up grades. We don't want the game to be hurt, butt the virtual barriers the easy combat pve (and industry, though I'm not an industry expert) isk throws up is a big part of the problem as well.

We know the game needs to be intertwined, but the fortunes on individual null sec players is to tied almost enslaved) to high sec and while the game should never try to force unwilling people out of high sec, neither should it be so good that people who want out of high sec are basically punished for doing so.

The proper balance is that high sec is there for those who want to live there, but living outside of it makes sense too.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2667 - 2014-02-07 20:35:11 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
[Do you have an argument or thing you do other than say we're wrong without providing any support?

Your argument had no support either.

Quote:
Only that an imbalance is impacting nullsec play styles and that we want it fixed.

There is no support here. I can thus refute it without supplying any support of my own.

But honestly, theres about 130 pages of support pointing to the fact that you're wrong.

Read it.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2668 - 2014-02-07 20:38:00 UTC
If you want a giant nerf of highsec ot fly, or a giant buff to nullsec, here's what needs to happen:

Drastically reduce the power of all major coalitions. Cripple their infrastructure, make it so they have to split off into small groups.

If you bring the EVE sov warfare back to how it was 6 or 7 years ago, where a group of 50 - 100 people could actually take/hold sov....

You might have a case. I would then support buffing the crap out of nullsec.

Until then, this whole thread is a bunch of whiners in giant coalitions wanting more free cookies.

Get real.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2669 - 2014-02-07 20:38:43 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
[Do you have an argument or thing you do other than say we're wrong without providing any support?

Your argument had no support either.

Quote:

There is no support here. I can thus refute it without supplying any support of my own.

But honestly, theres about 130 pages of support pointing to the fact that you're wrong.

Read it.

My argument has data behind it, loot at my spreadsheet and look at Stoicfaux's data. Highsec is receiving more reward than nullsec when it comes to mid-range combat PVE. This does not respect risk : reward and therefore is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Highsec: ~100m isk/hr
Nullsec: ~70m isk/hr

I can take it even further and say its such a problem that our isk making alts are in highsec because of this further depopulating nullsec and depriving people of content.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2670 - 2014-02-07 20:40:37 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
My argument has data behind it, loot at my spreadsheet and look at Stoicfaux's data. Highsec is receiving more reward than nullsec when it comes to mid-range combat PVE.

Missions and LP rewards are a tiny minuscule inconsequential edge case in the economy of EVE.

Completely irrelevant. Or perhaps 1% relevant.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#2671 - 2014-02-07 20:42:11 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
If you want a giant nerf of highsec ot fly, or a giant buff to nullsec, here's what needs to happen:

Drastically reduce the power of all major coalitions. Cripple their infrastructure, make it so they have to split off into small groups.

If you bring the EVE sov warfare back to how it was 6 or 7 years ago, where a group of 50 - 100 people could actually take/hold sov....

Until then, this whole thread is a bunch of whiners in giant coalitions wanting more free cookies.

Get real.

This is more of that prejudice I mention, in this case pointed at alliances/power blocks. We're talking about an in-game imbalance that creates some bad results. No one is asking for a buff, only a restoration of a reasonable balance where having high sec alts (or renting out space because you know your own folks won't use it) isn't so attractive.

Corp and Alliance income should come from the bottom up. Null sec alliances should HAVE to live in and use their space to keep it and shouldn't want people to be able to come and and use it even for a feee/rent.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2672 - 2014-02-07 20:42:18 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:

Get real.

Okay so you are full of "grr goons," and can't support your own claims. You are also wrong, CCP has stated before something a long the lines of people who embrace social interaction are far more likely to stay subbed than those who do not so nerfing cooperation and friend making will hurt the game.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2673 - 2014-02-07 20:44:36 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
My argument has data behind it, loot at my spreadsheet and look at Stoicfaux's data. Highsec is receiving more reward than nullsec when it comes to mid-range combat PVE.

Missions and LP rewards are a tiny minuscule inconsequential edge case in the economy of EVE.

You don't have a counter to what I just said and still don't have an argument so I'm going to take it as you would agree with me except for "grr goons."

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#2674 - 2014-02-07 20:45:35 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

I can take it even further and say its such a problem that our isk making alts are in highsec because of this further depopulating nullsec and depriving people of content.

That's something they just don't get. To make the kind of isk I pull in in Lanngisi, I should have had to be in at least low sec and subject to interference. Not that i'd enjoy it lol, but a game is supposed to be balanced.

When i'm in null doing a DED plex or anom, people try to come at me no matter what I'm flying and I pride myself on escaping with the loot. They get content, I get content and we're both making the game better. In high sec no one gets anything but me, that's not good mmo gameplay.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2675 - 2014-02-07 20:46:16 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Okay so you are full of "grr goons,"

I said large coalitions, not goons specifically. "Goons" is also not a coalition, anyway. It's an alliance. Funny that you don't know the difference, considering you are in one.

La Nariz wrote:
You are also wrong, CCP has stated before something a long the lines of people who embrace social interaction are far more likely to stay subbed than those who do not so nerfing cooperation and friend making will hurt the game.

Yes, CCP did say this. They didn't say however that "social interaction" constitutes "being in a ridiculously huge coalition."

After all, it's not like you regularly interact with all the tens of thousands of different people.

It's not like because there are more people in a corp/alliance/whatever, that constitutes more individual social interaction. Somebody in a corporation of size 75 could be just as socially active as somebody in a corp of size 5000.

You know what would be really imbalanced? Being forced to join a coalition to experience all the content within the game to it's full potential.

So sure, you want big buffs to nullsec? Then you should be prepared to sake some huuuuge nerfs to your coalitions.

If you can't make that trade, then you are simply greedy and again, want free cookies.
Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2676 - 2014-02-07 20:48:01 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

You don't have a counter to what I just said and still don't have an argument so I'm going to take it as you would agree with me except for "grr goons."

Are you saying you are so incredibly ignorant of the EVE economy that you think missions and LP rewards are the standards of income balance?
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2677 - 2014-02-07 20:49:57 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
grr goons, i hate them goons

I'll wait till you can come back to the point of risk : reward being violated by highsec. This grr goons garbage you've cooked up can go it its own thread.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2678 - 2014-02-07 20:51:12 UTC
Pinky Hops wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Are you saying you are so incredibly ignorant of the EVE economy that you think missions and LP rewards are the standards of income balance?

I'm saying we're comparing individual income and you're trying to argue about something that is not individual income. Stop trying to derail the thread.

Pinky Hops
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2679 - 2014-02-07 20:51:18 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Pinky Hops wrote:
grr goons, i hate them goons

I'll wait till you can come back to the point of risk : reward being violated by highsec. This grr goons garbage you've cooked up can go it its own thread.

Woohoo, I got La Nariz to admit defeat!!

Hint: if you run out of arguments and your final stand is to just twist my words into something different, you lost.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2680 - 2014-02-07 20:54:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Pinky Hops wrote:
Quote:
There is no support here.
…other than the history of player activity patterns from dominion and onwards, where anomalies became hugely popular but broke the game because you can't “just buff null”; where people moved back into high when they were nerfed back to working levels; where even more people migrated out to do incursions; where the devs came up with the farms-and-fields concept to solve this problem; where the devs agreed that null industry is nowhere near where it's supposed to be; where there are tons of data showing how the highsec baseline creates unworkable margins that leaves no room for profit elsewhere; where the mechanics themselves inherently prohibit large populations in null and thus mechanically force people to not be there.

Quote:
Not really, no. There are about 130 pages of people making unsupported claims about how much a single individual can earn if not contested.

Quote:
Where on earth are you getting your information?! That is probably the most ridiculous thing stated so far in this thread.

Missions represents roughly ⅕ of the injected ISK on a daily basis; LP is the second highest sink in the game, again representing about ⅕ of the daily sunk ISK. The ISK-sunk-to-ISK-earned ratio is about 2:1, which means the LP rewards represent earnings that are on about the same scale as the purely injected ISK.

Is this how wrong you are about everything?