These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
Josef Djugashvilis
#2161 - 2014-02-03 20:15:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Josef Djugashvilis
Just out of curiosity, let's suppose no mission in hi-sec paid more than lvl 3 missions currently do, or worse, what do null-sec folk think would be the result?

That hi-sec folk would want to move to null-sec?

That some, perhaps a lot of folk might leave the game?

That more folk, perhaps a lot might, join a leaner meaner Eve Online?

As I run missions to pay for my inevitable, frequent pvp losses, I would simply pvp far, far less than I do now.

I have absolutely no interest in holding any space, not for moon goo, not for the ego trip, not for the alliance building, not for the large fights and so on.

CCP allow me to do this to my heart's content.

This is not a signature.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2162 - 2014-02-03 20:17:26 UTC  |  Edited by: La Nariz
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Just out of curiosity, let's suppose no mission in hi-sec paid more than lvl 3 missions currently do, or worse, what do null-sec folk think would be the result?

As I run missions to pay for my inevitable, frequent pvp losses, I would simply pvp far, far less than I do now.

I have absolutely no interest in holding any space, not for moon goo, not for the ego trip, not for the alliance building, not for the large fights and so on.

What's to say prices would stay as high as they are and you wouldn't be able to continue doing that if there was a highsec income nerf?

E: What's to say you wouldn't make more isk pvping and decide to fully switch to that as you kill a bunch off nullsec ratters who have moved back?

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2163 - 2014-02-03 20:19:21 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1

You can blitz at least 50 mil/hr in level 3s with the warp speed changes its possible you could earn more.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#2164 - 2014-02-03 20:25:21 UTC

Translation: I support a glaring imblance because it benefits me personally.

And who exactly wants "hi sec folk" to go to null? Our aim is to have "NULL SEC FOLK" go to null. The imbalance you are benefitting from removes a key incentive to do so.

No one cares about what you and your type does. We care about the game we are playing and that game should have a restored risk/reward balance because that's best for everyone.
blabla4711
Doomheim
#2165 - 2014-02-03 20:26:30 UTC  |  Edited by: blabla4711
baltec1 wrote:

This from the people who have posted no evidence at all to back up their claims.

Funny remark from Mr. Shitposter himself who never provided anything at all, talk baseless bullshit and pure lies all the time and is about to party because he found a conflict averse sissy like this kimmy-gal who invests his/her time to try to prove something that means absolutely nothing in this subject at hand while you laugh your asses off playing forumgames. Lol
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2166 - 2014-02-03 20:32:42 UTC
blabla4711 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

This from the people who have posted no evidence at all to back up their claims.

Funny remark from Mr. Shitposter himself who never provided anything at all, talk baseless bullshit and pure lies all the time and is about to party because he found a conflict averse sissy like this kimmy-gal who invests his/her time to try to prove something that means absolutely nothing in this subject at hand while you laugh your asses off playing forumgames. Lol

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqC-BTui2uSGdDlxa2dWOG5ieHB0QXBVWW82bGN5TFE&usp=sharing

Check and mate, terrible highsec pubbie npc alt.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2167 - 2014-02-03 20:32:44 UTC
blabla4711 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Funny remark from Mr. Shitposter himself who never provided anything at all, talk baseless bullshit and pure lies all the time and is about to party because he found a conflict averse sissy like this kimmy-gal who invests his/her time to try to prove something that means absolutely nothing in this subject at hand while you laugh your asses off. Lol

I see you didnt read that link I provided to that spreadsheet that showed level 3 missions earned more isk that you said level 4s earned. All of the numbers I stated have been verified, you on the other hand have nothing but insults and have contributed nothing to this thread.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2168 - 2014-02-03 20:35:13 UTC
Once again this goes off the rails. Baltec I assume you have data that supports 50m/hr in L3s?

Jenn, I agree that so long as Null is borked, null residents will come to high sec to make ISK. I don't think anyone can deny that. If they ALSO make passive ISK off of PI, that is irrelevant. They are going to make that PI ISK whether they are doing anoms in NullSec or doing L4s in HighSec.

What not one person has discussed is HOW.

69% of the income made in HighSec PVE is LP according to Stoic's data. How do you nerf LP without clogging the ISK sink that is the LP Store?

All I see is people going back and forth with insults, wild and baseless claims, and general ignorance of facts and provided data.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Philyus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2169 - 2014-02-03 20:40:12 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
See, it's not about you and your bad luck. It's about the average of everyone that runs these things. Not everyone is as sadly lacking of good drops as you are.

Ok, tell us about your faction drops in nullsec. The more the merrier (and the more accurate).

As someone who runs 2-3 accounts almost 8 hours a day in anoms (one perk of working from home), I can give you my experience with faction spawns.

* The spawn chance of a faction ship is 1%.
* If I run all 3 accounts 5 days a week, that would be 120 hours or 240 anoms.
* That should equal 2.4 spawns a day.
* I normally see between 1-3 a day. In a five day week, that would be 5-15.
* Out of all those spawns, I will average one item that is worth 100 mil. Everything else is ammo and tags.
* Divide that 100mil by 120 hours and it is less than 1mil isk/hour.

It has been two weeks since my last export to empire and my sell container currently holds a Crystal Alpha, a DG Cruise Launcher and a DG Large Shield Booster for a combined market value of 151m. That is less than 1% of my income for that same period of time.

Faction spawns are not a consistent form of income.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2170 - 2014-02-03 20:40:36 UTC
blabla4711 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

And it's not about conflict averse. Show me the data. Don't have any? Then I will go get it myself. I already have in fact. What have you done? Seriously, aside from this stellar post of pure WTF, what have you done?

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#2171 - 2014-02-03 20:42:38 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
blabla4711 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqC-BTui2uSGdDlxa2dWOG5ieHB0QXBVWW82bGN5TFE&usp=sharing

Good stuff!

Oh... hold on. No it isn't.

I can do a dozen missions and spreadsheet it too. They'll show me making next to nothing off them, but because that's what I want, I'll keep waving it in everyone's face to prove some pointless theory.

Mr Epeen Cool
Josef Djugashvilis
#2172 - 2014-02-03 20:43:07 UTC
Dear Jenn aWhine, the main thrust of my question was, in fact, what do folk think would happen to the game?

Really what you seem to be saying is that you want to screw the income of hi-sec folk, so that null-sec folk earn more, relatively speaking.

That is a perfectly respectable position to hold, but to pretend it is for the greater good of the game is just not on.

I am sorry you do not care about me, or my play-style, but as I am basically a hi-sec player, I do care for you.

This is not a signature.

blabla4711
Doomheim
#2173 - 2014-02-03 20:43:30 UTC  |  Edited by: blabla4711
baltec1 wrote:

I see you didnt read that link I provided to that spreadsheet that showed level 3 missions earned more isk that you said level 4s earned. All of the numbers I stated have been verified, you on the other hand have nothing but insults and have contributed nothing to this thread.

Ah. More lies from Mr. Shitposter. Just link me where you, and you in person, provided any data.

In contrast to you liar, i did.

And while you are at it, link my post where i say anything about the possible isk from l4s. I didnt. Because this alone means next to nothing.

Remember buddy ... its only an insult if its not true. Bear
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2174 - 2014-02-03 20:45:01 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Good stuff!

I can do a dozen missions and spreadsheet it too. They'll show me making next to nothing off them, but because that's what I want, I'll keep waving it in everyone's face to prove some pointless theory.

Mr Epeen Cool

I posted everything you'd need to to do reproduce what I have done, so go ahead and show it.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2175 - 2014-02-03 20:46:44 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Once again this goes off the rails. Baltec I assume you have data that supports 50m/hr in L3s?

Here
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2176 - 2014-02-03 20:47:31 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
blabla4711 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Good stuff!

Mr Epeen Cool

This is my first two runs. I have a real deficiency in my social skills. I had ****** implants and I was not accustomed to blitzing (I don't play for ISK/hr so this was actually very difficult).

I can assure you that I did as well as I could with what I had. I am trying to get better at it so I can provide more realistic data but others doing this would also help tremendously so we can have a larger sample size. One person does not an average make.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2177 - 2014-02-03 20:53:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
There is something that I believe is very worth noting.

On my second go at a 4 hour mission running gig this past weekend I got Massive Attack - Sansha's Nation and it paid 2720 LP from an agent in a 0.6 system.

I just did Massive Attack - Serpentis for SOE in Osmon (0.7) and was awarded 3983 LP.

My social skills have not changed since this weekend.

Maybe Massive Attack - Serpentis always pays more than Massive Attack - Sanshas? But a full 1150~ more?

The cash payout was also around 50% higher.

717,000.00:1,160,000
712,000.00:1,070,000

Something strange is afoot at the Circle K...

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2178 - 2014-02-03 20:54:29 UTC
Dear Jenn aWhine, the main thrust of my question was, in fact, what do folk think would happen to the game?

Really what you seem to be saying is that you want to screw the income of hi-sec folk, so that null-sec folk earn more, relatively speaking.

That is a perfectly respectable position to hold, but to pretend it is for the greater good of the game is just not on.

I am sorry you do not care about me, or my play-style, but as I am basically a hi-sec player, I do care for you.

It will get better for those people who live outside of highsec and remain pretty much the same for those that live inside of highsec. There's my prediction.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2179 - 2014-02-03 20:55:17 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Here

Didn't someone say that was completed before a nerf a while back? Have anything more recent?

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2180 - 2014-02-03 20:58:55 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Didn't someone say that was completed before a nerf a while back? Have anything more recent?

The warp speed changes can infact make them better due to 44% of time being spent in warp. The drone changes are not nearly as bad as people try to make out and there are several other ships that can do the same job.

On those drone changes, Ishtars are by far the most popular ships used in anoms.